Page 134 of 179 FirstFirst ... 3484124132133134135136144 ... LastLast
Results 3,326 to 3,350 of 4464

Thread: Modern ThunderCats Toys Thread (2)

Heroic Warrior
    Quote Originally Posted by Baedal View Post
    The prototypes looked fantastic, Lion-O even taller than Jackalman, but we got the same figure from Mattel with stunted proportions in production and gapped abs part. And worse yet, Super7 used the same atrophied figure for the digital transfer with which they will manufacture Red Lion-O version.
    Grune and Tygra look amazing too, a far cry from what they'll ultimately deliver, no weird joints, wrong pieces and off colors.

https://i.ibb.co/9tNPHBX/W123.jpg
    Looks like lionos hair is taller. His shoulders look lower.

Sent from my SM-A326U using Tapatalk

Heroic Warrior
    Quote Originally Posted by Dcr4 View Post
    For me, It's a double edged sword with these superfluous accessories. While I get a kick out of the fact that someone at S7 was nerdy enough to want to do callbacks to these oddly specific moments.S7 have to be aware that most collectors are not likely going to be displaying them with their figures. And they're just going to end up sitting in the box unused.
    This is all derived from Mattel and the motu figures with the cartoon accessories. They took the whole Mattel motuc and filmation format for the whole ultimates line and now adding mythic legions construction to the lines.

Quote Originally Posted by unclassified View Post
    If his crotch joints ain't plugged in all the way thays the first thing I'm gonna try to address. If that don't work then I'll deepen the hole. They're probably like that so he's taller lol. Watch. We fix it and he's gonna be short lol.

It's not the crotch joint. It's just the design of the thighs. The hip pegs do not go down far enough into the thighs to sit correctly.

Realist. Deal with it. Lord Anubis's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Mark M View Post
    It's not the crotch joint. It's just the design of the thighs. The hip pegs do not go down far enough into the thighs to sit correctly.
    I’m starting to think if we drilled a little downward into the thigh it could be fixed with some glue and pushing. Absolutely shouldn’t have to but better than hips McGee over there.
    "We are the tools of our own imagination, constructing temples and cathedrals in which our most outlandish dreams become truth." - Samael

Quote Originally Posted by Booshman View Post
    Hi Booshman here. I have wave 2 and 4 in hand. Tygra is definitely the worst offender, there are other QC issues too.

Attachment 128314Attachment 128315Attachment 128317Attachment 128318Attachment 128316

I posted a lot of other images on FB https://www.facebook.com/groups/1740...6335380969063/
    Here are some not so flattering images of Mumm-Ra. Some sloppy paint and what appears to be a sunburned leg. He even has stress marks from trying to raise the arms. I have not been heavy handed with him.

Attachment 128319Attachment 128320Attachment 128321Attachment 128322Attachment 128323
    This makes me sad. I know nothing can ever be perfect, but for the price being paid, it feels there was not enough care / attention paid to the QC process. Bad paint apps on not-so-noticeable areas, I can accept. But those kinds of stress marks ... man.

I was really looking forward to Mumm-Ra too.

Heroic Warrior
    Quote Originally Posted by Mark M View Post
    That's what ibwas referring to. If it's not all the way in that's an easy fix. If it can't go any further that's also an easy fix but a fix we shouldn't have to do. Only way to find out is when it's in hand. Can't judge from pics or a review without someone popping the leg off and measuring the depth.

Heroic Warrior
    Quote Originally Posted by Lord Anubis View Post
    I’m starting to think if we drilled a little downward into the thigh it could be fixed with some glue and pushing. Absolutely shouldn’t have to but better than hips McGee over there.
    No glue. Just hot water will get the thigh soft enough. Gluing will stop any thigh rotation. As soon as I get mine next year I'll figure out the issue and address it.

No glue. Just hot water will get the thigh soft enough. Gluing will stop any thigh rotation. As soon as I get mine next year I'll figure out the issue and address it.

Probably won’t work that way if the inner plastic is raised to support the figure as is… if that makes any sense. I think what happened was they filled in the original gap to make him taller, so if there’s nothing to press into he’d have to be drilled out.

Personally I’d be happy with 5 points of articulation if the paint looked good and it was accurate lol.
    "We are the tools of our own imagination, constructing temples and cathedrals in which our most outlandish dreams become truth." - Samael

If they were only given 3 more years of QC testing with the factory wave 2 would have been just passable. If this is passable, what state was Cheetara in before it was sent back?

How come it is only Thundercats this happens to? Super7 used to suck across the board but most of their other ultimates lines seemed to have decent QC lately.

Heroic Warrior
    I guess Brian Flynn wont be able to complain anymore that only female characters' hips get scrutinized.

Hi Booshman here. I have wave 2 and 4 in hand. Tygra is definitely the worst offender, there are other QC issues too.

Attachment 128314Attachment 128315Attachment 128317Attachment 128318Attachment 128316

I posted a lot of other images on FB https://www.facebook.com/groups/1740...6335380969063/
    This is another reason I buy from BBTS. They take back anything with subpar QC and send you a replacement for free. Buying from S7 directly makes ZERO sense.

Heroic Master of 200X MegaGearMax's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by darkmoon766 View Post
    How come it is only Thundercats this happens to? Super7 used to suck across the board but most of their other ultimates lines seemed to have decent QC lately.
    WB doesn't give a damn. Every other license seems to be much more protective of their properties. Hasbro, Mattel, Nickelodeon....but WB? Ugh.

The Official 200X Sorceress vs 200X Evil-Lyn 2 Pack Support Thread
    The Blonde Teela Thread

Sagitar (Jetlag) • Azdar • Belzar • Chazdar • 200X Evil-Lyn • 200X Teenage Prince Adam • 200X Teenage Teela • 200X Sorceress • General Rattlor (MYP) • 200X King Randor and Queen Marlena • 200X Battle Armor King Randor and Battle Armor Queen Marlena • Ice Armor He-Man • WMD Roboto

Quote Originally Posted by darkmoon766 View Post
    If this is passable, what state was Cheetara in before it was sent back?
    Makes you wonder, right?

Destroyer of Tough Stains Dynamo of Eternia's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by MegaGearMax View Post
    WB doesn't give a damn. Every other license seems to be much more protective of their properties. Hasbro, Mattel, Nickelodeon....but WB? Ugh.
    That still doesn't explain actual QC issues, though, in my opinion.

That would explain things like an inaccurate sculpt or an incorrect color scheme, but not things like badly applied paint apps, poorly attached joints, etc.

Here are some not so flattering images of Mumm-Ra. Some sloppy paint and what appears to be a sunburned leg. He even has stress marks from trying to raise the arms. I have not been heavy handed with him.

Attachment 128319Attachment 128320Attachment 128321Attachment 128322Attachment 128323

If there was a vomit emoji, I'd use that too...

I predict that Super 7 will discontinue the ThunderCats sooner, rather than later.

They are going to get SO MUCH FLAK for this debacle!

Seriously... they want $50 for figures that look like they should be hanging on a rack at the Family Dollar?
    We need the POWER of the GOOD and the WAY of the MAGIC !!!

**Staunch FILMation lover!!! **** Uber NEW ADVENTURES Fan!!!**

>>Glad supporter of the Netflix Era<<

Heroic Warrior
    Quote Originally Posted by Bonehead View Post
    This is another reason I buy from BBTS. They take back anything with subpar QC and send you a replacement for free. Buying from S7 directly makes ZERO sense.
    I pre-ordered all waves from them, and now canceled all waves shortly after all the pics started showing up online of Super7’s shoddy work. I had the intention of reordering if the bad pics ended up being just random mistakes here and there l, but now I don’t know if I’ll even bother…

Unfortunately, I ordered the ThunderTank directly from them so I think I’m SOL…

Court Magician
    Probably won’t work that way if the inner plastic is raised to support the figure as is… if that makes any sense. I think what happened was they filled in the original gap to make him taller, so if there’s nothing to press into he’d have to be drilled out.

Personally I’d be happy with 5 points of articulation if the paint looked good and it was accurate lol.
    Not sure if you looked at my images on faacebook, but I already fixed Grune. And yeah, he had to be drilled out and I used some thigh sockets from a donor figure and glued them in lower. Articulation is retained.

WeChat Image_20220325115836.jpgWeChat Image_20220325115840.jpg
    Last edited by Booshman; March 25, 2022 at 12:00am.

Heroic Warrior

Idk. I'll figure out the issue once I get it. I customize so these things ain't no thing to me. Might not even be an issue and just lack of loincloth and the joint is just exposed more than normal, and would be why his leg can kick out at angles normal figures on the motuc buck can't. I have a custom that can do this and the reaso is the lack of loincloth compared to other motuc figures that can due to the loincloth. I'm not making any judgment til it's in my hand to figure out what's going on.

Last edited by unclassified; March 25, 2022 at 04:21am.

Heroic Warrior
    Quote Originally Posted by Bonehead View Post
    He got it from a Chinese vendor in China that sells product that they get from s7s vendor poly whatever. Remember last year when that reviewer in China had a tmnt early and did a review and got it from a store in China and Brian claimed it was a knockoff or whatever?

Court Magician
    He got it from a Chinese vendor in China that sells product that they get from s7s vendor poly whatever. Remember last year when that reviewer in China had a tmnt early and did a review and got it from a store in China and Brian claimed it was a knockoff or whatever?

The situation here is very much like using BBTS there. The vendor I used is another Taobao shop who is supplied by Polyphony, but unlike them they don't take all the money up front, just a 10% deposit.

Quote Originally Posted by Dcr4 View Post
    I guess Brian Flynn wont be able to complain anymore that only female characters' hips get scrutinized.
    Or the Super 7 fans saying the same about female figures face paint applications.

Not sure if you looked at my images on faacebook, but I already fixed Grune. And yeah, he had to be drilled out and I used some thigh sockets from a donor figure and glued them in lower. Articulation is retained.

https://i.imgur.com/GJWWVtM.jpg

WeChat Image_20220325115836.jpgWeChat Image_20220325115840.jpg
    I’m way out of the FB game, but you did an awesome job on him!! Now THAT is a quality figure. Bravo dude!! It just goes to show when you actually put some time into a figure and care it turns out nice something they need to address.

looking at the figure from the other guys pictures it was pretty obvious the problem was with the thigh which stinks because I don’t think they could address that in a booster pack without having to disassemble a lot of the figure. I did see a bunch of the usuals trying to defend these mistakes and as I’ve always said if they like garbage thats cool, so does Oscar the grouch … but garbage is usually cheap or free these are beyond figuarts prices now and you shouldn’t have to waste a day drilling and gluing, while their over there making more posts about Mandoras bike waving their hands and making sounds.

BBTS just emailed that Wave 4 is coming in soon. I thought Wave 2 would arrive first, but probably better that I get the figures that were made at the good factory first.

Heroic Warrior
    Quote Originally Posted by Stratos88 View Post
    BBTS just emailed that Wave 4 is coming in soon. I thought Wave 2 would arrive first, but probably better that I get the figures that were made at the good factory first.
    Yeah me too. And I knew these were coming first due to the reviews. We got the wave 4 reviews first then just recently the wave 2. I must not have used my pol back then cause I checked few days ago and only wave 4 was to ship to pol and wave 2 ship to me when it comes in.

Heroic Warrior
    So you guys getting the shipping notices ordered the entire wave? I only ordered Monkian from that wave but havent gotten a notice yet.