Page 157 of 157 FirstFirst ... 57107147155156157
Results 3,901 to 3,911 of 3911

Thread: Modern ThunderCats Toys Thread (2)

Quote Originally Posted by Rhanen View Post
    I completely agree with you. I had a really good deal on Jaga ($45 with no shipping nor customs tax) and it is really a great figure.
    Now I'm expecting for Tygra, Monkian & Slithe to arrive in about a month () and left Mumm-Ra & Lynx-O in my POL because of shipping charges, so I may get them by August more or less
    Monkian and Slithe are two standout figures in this line... you are going to love them!

Super 7 did a phenomenal job of creating them from the ground up. It really makes me hope for a brand new Lion-O to be made from the ground up...
    We need the POWER of the GOOD and the WAY of the MAGIC !!!

**Staunch FILMation lover!!! **** Uber NEW ADVENTURES Fan!!!**

>>Glad supporter of the Netflix Era<<

Quote Originally Posted by Ornclown View Post
    Jaga is a beautiful figure!
    I said the same thing months ago. The paint on the eyes could be a bit sharper, but overall I am very happy with him.

Quote Originally Posted by Bonehead View Post
    I said the same thing months ago. The paint on the eyes could be a bit sharper, but overall I am very happy with him.
    Yeah, me too.

I didn't initially like the photos that I was seeing online after he released, but now I am so glad that I got him!

Now that the line is somewhat coming together, and I get to fill out my TCats display, I am loosening up on some of my criticisms... however, I still feel that this is Super 7's weakest effort of all the Ultimates lines. Which is a shame, because ThunderCats was THE show that most MOTU fans gravitated toward when it came out, thus ranking pretty high in the favorite franchises category of the '80s...

Heroic Warrior KingRandorFacepalm's Avatar
    Yeah, me too.

I didn't initially like the photos that I was seeing online after he released, but now I am so glad that I got him!

Now that the line is somewhat coming together, and I get to fill out my TCats display, I am loosening up on some of my criticisms... however, I still feel that this is Super 7's weakest effort of all the Ultimates lines. Which is a shame, because ThunderCats was THE show that most MOTU fans gravitated toward when it came out, thus ranking pretty high in the favorite franchises category of the '80s...
    I'm really glad to read that you are liking these figures. The line has its issues for sure and that has been a shame. Among my biggest disappointments have been Tygra's troubles (although I got a couple of good ones) and Jaga's main head sculpt (as a hold over from Mattel's line, it isn't as cartoon-esque as I'd like--hoping the ready to ship surprise figure Brian mentioned is an LJN Jaga with a better sculpt). As a whole, though, I do love the line. A lot.

Waves 3 and 4 are excellent, I think. The new factory is doing much better work. Like you, I think Slithe and Monkian are particularly incredible. In fact, I think they are some of the best figures in all of my collection. Snowman and Lynx-O are top notch for me as well. I got some good Mumm-Ras from wave 2 and really like him as well (the color doesn't bother me as it isn't the hyperbolic neon some have labeled it and I always thought of him as blue as a kid--although I wouldn't have been upset with a more green hue).

Anyhow, glad you're pleased. Here's looking to Cheetara, wave 5, Mandora, and the tank!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    "Anybody want to buy a used bolo?"

This is EXACTLY what I've wanted since day one.

Almost every line of Ultimates that Super 7 makes is based on a vintage toyline... retro style cards (in the ML fashion) would be so awesome!
    yeah, how hard is it to do retro inspired packaging!? I know I would be a sucker and buy 2 of certain figures.
    cogito ergo doleo

Realist. Deal with it. Lord Anubis's Avatar
    Iíll throw my 2 cents in on the packagingÖ.

Itís certainly attractive. It gives a big value feel to the figures. However itís definitely overkill. Even if youíre a MOC collector you now have to remove a brown box and a sleeve which is 3x space taking up per figure.

Certainly s7 will never change it at this point nor would they even listen to fans, however it would be cool to reduce the amount of bulk those boxes take up. Less accessories, hands and packaging can easily knock 10 bucks off these.

Just 1/2 sets of hands is fine depending on who the character is. And 2 heads per figure if needed. The snarling heads are ridiculous since they arenít blood thirsty maniacs.
    "We are the tools of our own imagination, constructing temples and cathedrals in which our most outlandish dreams become truth." - Samael

Quote Originally Posted by King Kahn View Post
    yeah, how hard is it to do retro inspired packaging!? I know I would be a sucker and buy 2 of certain figures.
    Absolutely...

One thing I truly love about the MOTU Origins line is the repro vintage cards. Those things are perfect!!

If Super 7 wants to preserve the packaging... make vintage cards that slide into a plastic bubble like Mythic Legions. Done.

Absolutely...

One thing I truly love about the MOTU Origins line is the repro vintage cards. Those things are perfect!!

If Super 7 wants to preserve the packaging... make vintage cards that slide into a plastic bubble like Mythic Legions. Done.
    The Marvel Legends Repro cards for Fantastic Four, Spiderman and Marvel Superheroes and absolutely beautiful.

Widget
    Here is my custom Lion-O, I modded my Super 7 version he's pictured next to the Mattel version.

Here he is next to my modded Mumm-Ra

Quote Originally Posted by Booshman View Post
    Here is my custom Lion-O, I modded my Super 7 version he's pictured next to the Mattel version.
    https://i.imgur.com/hygCAiH.jpg

Here he is next to my modded Mumm-Ra
    https://i.imgur.com/8Igw4BT.jpg
    Your customs look amazing. They are far more accurate to the animation models and the colours really pop.
    Giving him the extra height really helped give him better proportions than the original.
    Same with fixing that awful chisel jaw of the original.
    I also really like how you improved the clawshield by having it attach to the leg badnetically instead of that awful peg design.
    Brilliant job Booshman.

Just the removal of the "curl" in his hair and the more accurate torso musculature improve the figure so much!