Page 121 of 157 FirstFirst ... 2171111119120121122123131 ... LastLast
Results 3,001 to 3,025 of 3903

Thread: Modern ThunderCats Toys Thread (2)

Quote Originally Posted by Wakko View Post
    The Fwoosh has a pretty nice first look at Monkian.

I'd say he turned out pretty darn good overall. I still feel like there's something off about his chin (which was something people pointed out on the prototype but of course was never addressed), the chain on his flail is completely incorrect, and his solid plastic gun (with no paint apps) looks incredibly cheap. All those nits aside, the figure looks solid.
    I agree with this... and, I'd add that I wish they added some type of shading to his body.

Especially because it's in a putty type color as-is, add that to the shiny factor and it appears all the more cheap...
    We need the POWER of the GOOD and the WAY of the MAGIC !!!

**Staunch FILMation lover!!! **** Uber NEW ADVENTURES Fan!!!**

>>Glad supporter of the Netflix Era<<

The Fwoosh has a pretty nice first look at Monkian.

I'd say he turned out pretty darn good overall. I still feel like there's something off about his chin (which was something people pointed out on the prototype but of course was never addressed), the chain on his flail is completely incorrect, and his solid plastic gun (with no paint apps) looks incredibly cheap. All those nits aside, the figure looks solid.
    Wow, that is one nice figure with all the fwoosh photo. I'm glad I pre order all the waves announced (except the tank which I can never afford).

@Wakko will the unofficial guide to Thundercats is still an ongoing project of yours? I hope it still is.

Sent from my vivo 1718 using Tapatalk
    By the power of Grayskull!!!!

Realist. Deal with it. Lord Anubis's Avatar
    Monkian is 99 percent perfect. (See I do give compliments) could they have given him some shading, yes but thatís probably the least of the worries here. The only offender is the bizarre chain they put on his mace. That was not what was advertised and that is not what he used in the show, the prototype had the correct chain.

They literally used the chain that they use for ninja turtles because I guess they probably bought it in bulk and it save them time and money so that kind of stinks, but being that itís a chain it can be swapped. Not a deal breaker or end of the world.

Sculpts seem to still be the strong point in this line. Some more animated than others but not to the point of insanity. If s7 can just stop altering colors here and there we would have a home run. Now I did cancel my orders after all the nonsense theyíve been pulling (ie : the tank resculpt without fixing the height of the arms, treads or hatch)Ö. However Iíd be happy to own this due to its on par with accuracy. Nice work.
    "We are the tools of our own imagination, constructing temples and cathedrals in which our most outlandish dreams become truth." - Samael

The Fwoosh has now posted a review for Lynx-O

It looks kinda cheap for what it is supposed to be. I mean, there's something odd in overall paint apps. I hope it 'd be different once I'll have it in my hands, but it seems that paint application for all figures are a miss in this line.
    Great trade orgers: Son of Keldor - sdilks -JeMaBo2 x3 - Kowl - Bigassbuzz (Hyveofvillany) - Queen Marlena - mikescab - whitespyders(

My feedback thread

Quote Originally Posted by Rhanen View Post

It looks kinda cheap for what it is supposed to be. I mean, there's something odd in overall paint apps. I hope it 'd be different once I'll have it in my hands, but it seems that paint application for all figures are a miss in this line.
    I'm disappointed that they didn't fix Lynx-O's feet, even though the boot feet they gave him were pointed out as incorrect and they had the correct piece already molded with Panthro.

Really disappointing, but I think I might as well get used to the fact that once Super7 shows a prototype, that's exactly what we're getting. Vultureman is going to be irritatingly tall.
    Check out my on-going project: THE UNOFFICIAL MASTERS OF THE UNIVERSE CLASSICS COMPLETE COLLECTION GUIDE
    Featuring photos, bios, accessories, release dates, and trivia for every figure, beast, vehicle and playset released in Masters of the Universe Classics!

Quote Originally Posted by Rhanen View Post
    Meh...lol.

I'm disappointed that they didn't fix Lynx-O's feet, even though the boot feet they gave him were pointed out as incorrect and they had the correct piece already molded with Panthro.

Really disappointing, but I think I might as well get used to the fact that once Super7 shows a prototype, that's exactly what we're getting. Vultureman is going to be irritatingly tall.
    They definitely could have swapped the feet, oddly they went with the old toy feet so at least itís cannon in some capacityÖ? Iím the last person to defend their choices (like monkians chain swap which doesnít even fit now!) so at least they didnít give him monkian feet, cause Iím sure they would have said ďthatís just how it is.Ē

Whenever fans post ANYTHING other than praise for free samples s7 will not comment. Even if they are nice small suggestions they take it as offensive and guys who get these samples block and ignore it.

The sculpts are definitely the strong point, the sculptors care and it shows. The final word is the problemÖ. S7 doesnít wanna hear any constructive criticism, so they donít get my money anymore. However this wave was a step in the right direction, but so far other than Captain Cracker every single figure has had some bizarre issue.
    "We are the tools of our own imagination, constructing temples and cathedrals in which our most outlandish dreams become truth." - Samael

Quote Originally Posted by Ornclown View Post
    I agree with this... and, I'd add that I wish they added some type of shading to his body.

Especially because it's in a putty type color as-is, add that to the shiny factor and it appears all the more cheap...
    Yeah. Now that you mention it, he does need some.

Heroic Warrior
    Quote Originally Posted by Ornclown View Post

Sideshow made it affordable though with the payment plan
    Quoted the wrong comment some how and can't delete this one lol
    Sent from my SM-A326U using Tapatalk

Quote Originally Posted by Lord Anubis View Post
    They just released a thundertank videoÖ

They fixed zero of the issues of inaccuracies that were present. Something as simple as using the correct logo they donít want to even do. Itís obvious at this point super7 only care about turtles and Silverhawks especially since they own SH. Canceling my orders for this now.

If the YouTube and toy forum shills like this thatís cool, Iím happy they get their freebies. If the cats lair forum refuses to call out this stuff during interviews with Brian they are just as bad. However anyone thatís cool with this, Iím honestly happy for you, but with how they are treating this line for top dollar, Iím not getting this.

Finally they didn't fix the wrong logo and neither the random lines of the hatch nor the details inside the tracks to make it more accurate to the original model, it was very easy to solve before making the tooling, at this time it is impossible, they just don't care.

well I just realized in the thundertank video, they added an inch to the height making the treds and claws ultra small and off model now.
    Also, I don't know what happened now, but the cockpit is full of gaps and the tank is quite a bit taller than it was in the prototype, it lost all aesthetics and elegance, now it looks rough. The roof of the hatch is sinking, the prototype had a small edging that served as support and that didn't happen, this is a disaster.

While the figures go towards the cartoon accurate approach, the Thundertank is an free interpretation, it isn't what you see on the screen, it goes in the opposite direction, it is an inconsistent decision that I don't understand. On the other hand, Icon Heroes did capture it exactly.

Quote Originally Posted by Adam_Prince of Eternia View Post
    Again, this is a licensed product, and Super7 has to follow the brand guide provided by Warner Bros. and the final design has to be approved by Warner Bros. It does not matter what is the "correct" logo in the estimation of fans, if that is not the logo provided, and not the logo Warner Bros. will sign-off on.
    The correct logo is on all the box slip covers, that was provided and approved by WB I guess, the mistake is from Super7.

It seems that the S7 version is quite a bit taller and bulkier and not as streamlined and "slick" as it should be. Maybe they did that so the figures would actually fit inside, otherwise they would look quite cramped in there. Who knows...S7 tends to be either on point or all over the place lol.

Heroic Warrior
    Pretty sure it's the way it is so figures sit inside. But the back end it sticks out further than the tank tread and now is lined up. That definitely changed but don't know why, probably cost cause they had to make it deeper for the figures to sit.

Heroic Warrior
    Think it's all the angle of the camera. At any rate, it's nothing to cry about. When it comes and is cheaply made or quality control. Then complain.

They raised it for the figures however they didn’t adjust anything around it. That’s why the treads and paws are no longer anywhere near their intended proportions. Look at the squares behind the treads there’s about 1 inch more on it now making sure that it’s COMPLETELY off.

I’ve emailed s7 and left several comments on this, shockingly zero reply. Who got the replies …. The guys who sung its praises for free toys.

Then you have Thundercats.org who goes and interviews toy bro… why…. About a review…. Do you think he’s invested in Thundercats enough to give honest constructive criticism? No, probably not. Do an article on inconsistencies and make s7 step up to be the best we all know they can be. This is why the Thundercats community is in shambles.

Edit : pixel Dan just pointed out snow man has hip issues…. Wonderful.
    Last edited by Lord Anubis; January 28, 2022 at 12:44pm.

‹ber Fan Adam_Prince of Eternia's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Baedal View Post
    On the other hand, Icon Heroes did capture it exactly.
    Wow, a miniature with zero engineering that does not actually have to fit any figures can have fantasy proportions, imagine that!

Quote Originally Posted by Baedal View Post
    The correct logo is on all the box slip covers, that was provided and approved by WB I guess, the mistake is from Super7.
    All elements of a licensed product have to be approved by the licensor. All of them.

Wow, a miniature with zero engineering that does not actually have to fit any figures can have fantasy proportions, imagine that.
    Then why werenít any of the other elements adjusted? Sorry but thereís no excuse. They simply raised the hatch and left everything else as is, thatís why the paws, treads and front dome look absolutely botched now.

No ones disputing during production things change, but this unacceptable at that price point.

Wow, a miniature with zero engineering that does not actually have to fit any figures can have fantasy proportions, imagine that!
    You didn't understand the point. I'm mean the design, they made a "free design", it was possible to design a cartoon accurate Thundertank independently of the engineering. Engineering (it's a mess too) isn't to blame for those random lines in the hatch and inaccurate sides.

Heroic Warrior
    They raised it for the figures however they didnít adjust anything around it. Thatís why the treads and paws are no longer anywhere near their intended proportions. Look at the squares behind the treads thereís about 1 inch more on it now making sure that itís COMPLETELY off.

Iíve emailed s7 and left several comments on this, shockingly zero reply. Who got the replies Ö. The guys who sung its praises for free toys.

Then you have Thundercats.org who goes and interviews toy broÖ whyÖ. About a reviewÖ. Do you think heís invested in Thundercats enough to give honest constructive criticism? No, probably not. Do an article on inconsistencies and make s7 step up to be the best we all know they can be. This is why the Thundercats community is in shambles.

Edit : pixel Dan just pointed out snow man has hip issuesÖ. Wonderful.
    Seen that about snow man and upsets me. And no idea why in the world that site would interview toybro. Lol that's silly as all hell, Haha. As for emailing s7, if it don't have to do with an order I doubt they put in any care to what they read. I often wanted to contact them with property ideas but never did as I'm sure it wouldn't get anywhere. Years ago me and few others rallied for remco dc the lost world of the warlord figures and Brian in a interview mentioned how people asked about a Sunman. I was like a who? I've never even heard of that line haha. In the 80s only knock off he man around my way was remco. It was at anp even haha. What the hell is a Sunman? Anyway, I don't think we should worry about changes in the tank but we should rather worry about quality. I was 1000% iffy and worried about them doing a snake mountain waaaaay before they started to do it and the price. I was correct, the quality just wasn't the same as mattels or the castle. And cost like 700 bucks more. Thats despicable. But I was waiting for a snake mountain since the castle so I had no choice but to support it. Anyway. It makes one hell of an expensive backdrop. adult collectible toy? Not so much.

I do hope for greatness with the tank and the van, but there's always that part of me that just counts them out. They still have things to work on with figures and it's the neck pegs mobility and the hip pegs. Either they are loose, or the hinges are so tight they put stress marks on the pegs like my muckman. I've noticed it seems to always be on the left side too lol. Anyway. Loose joints are an easy fix. Tight ones like my muckman ain't. Hot water didn't fix a thing. Same with April oniel. Her thigh joints are so hard to turn the legs. I popped them off thinking putting them back on that they would move more freely and afterwards all the hot water did was made her hip joints so loose shell do a split trying to pose her.

Last edited by unclassified; January 28, 2022 at 11:28pm.

I don't want to yuck anyone's yum... but, that Lynx-O is just plain terrible. His head is huge, his wrists look ridiculous, he has the wrong feet, he is mostly molded in color with few paint apps and his accessories are embarrassing.

I made the decision a long time ago to stick to the main T'Cats (Panthro, Tygra, Cheetara, Lion-O, the kittens and Snarf) and main mutants (Slithe, Jackalman, Monkian, Vultureman, Mumm-Ra and Ma-Mutt.)

So far, Lion-O is a subpar Mattel figure, Panthro has incorrect trunks, Jackalman isn't painted, Slithe is blue and safety yellow and, if things don't change, Vultureman will be too big, Tygra will be the wrong color and Monkian will be shiny monotone plastic.

Will I still buy them? Yes. Why? Nostalgia.

I will even throw in for guys like Hammerhand and Ratar-O... but, I'm not going past that point with things like the New Thunderians, Lunataks, Snow Man, Tuska Warriors, etc... too much money and too little QC.
    We need the POWER of the GOOD and the WAY of the MAGIC !!!

**Staunch FILMation lover!!! **** Uber NEW ADVENTURES Fan!!!**

>>Glad supporter of the Netflix Era<<

Hereís what Iíve realized and accepted about Super 7. They have their process, and it doesnít involve consulting hardcore fans input (although it should for something branded ultimates and priced in some cases at a prestige level).

They basically aim for ďaccurate enoughĒ and once theyíve made the mold they try to ride out unless the outcry rises to a certain point. This is true even for the ThunderTank.

So I donít think of these as ĎUltimateí versions, just a very good series, superior to both LJN and Bandai but with definite flaws. Maybe down the line some company will have the license and do better. But realistically, no line is likely to go as deep as Super 7 currently has committed to going.

Iím fortunate that my collection is so circumscribed that I can have the luxury of this perspective. I wish you guys were getting truly ultimate figures but you may as well resign yourselves.

Heroic Warrior
    I see the Ultimates moniker as just their particular branding. Much like Marvel Legends, where not every character they've done is legendary.
    If they were truly the ultimate versions, they would've came with GITD eyes right out the gate instead of something they give us when they goof.
    Funny too, Supe7's initial image for their Thundercats announcement way back when, had Lion-O with light up eyes. But several Lion-o's in (ultimates & reactions) and still nothing.

Court Magician
    They may do an accessory pack down the road. They sort of show interest in this with the throne for monstar and the mousers pack.
    Honestly, if it's a resource issue they should try to at least squeeze extra heads in with figures that won't require as much for tooling, materials, etc
    Still, I can't see Super7 not releasing glowing eye heads for everyone at some point. That option is just to iconic to not do. The tooling is already done, just blank the eyes.

Quote Originally Posted by Brodod View Post
    Here’s what I’ve realized and accepted about Super 7. They have their process, and it doesn’t involve consulting hardcore fans input (although it should for something branded ultimates and priced in some cases at a prestige level).

They basically aim for “accurate enough” and once they’ve made the mold they try to ride out unless the outcry rises to a certain point. This is true even for the ThunderTank.

So I don’t think of these as ‘Ultimate’ versions, just a very good series, superior to both LJN and Bandai but with definite flaws. Maybe down the line some company will have the license and do better. But realistically, no line is likely to go as deep as Super 7 currently has committed to going.

I’m fortunate that my collection is so circumscribed that I can have the luxury of this perspective. I wish you guys were getting truly ultimate figures but you may as well resign yourselves.
    This post sums up exactly how I feel. These figures could be perfect but I think a lot of decisions are down to cost. For example I believe Lynx-O has the wrong boots because the PanthrO boots were tooled at a different factory to Lynx-O. Any paint discrepancy is probably also down to costings too.

I've reduced the amount of extras I was originally going to buy because of these flaws, but I'm still happy we are getting something that despite its issues, is still better than what came before it.
    Last edited by blackiecats; January 29, 2022 at 05:48pm.
    Most wanted Filmation style MOTUC figures:

Hunga the Harpy, Webstor, Kobra Khan, Leech, Whiplash, Rattlor, Catra Cat Form, Ram Man, Count Marzo, Two-Bad, King Miro, Twiggets, Frosta, Kothos and Admiral Scurvy.

All elements of a licensed product have to be approved by the licensor. All of them.
    the cover does actually remove so you can fit the mini mates tcats in the driver and passenger seat.
    cogito ergo doleo

Quote Originally Posted by unclassified View Post
    Seen that about snow man and upsets me. And no idea why in the world that site would interview toybro. Lol that's silly as all hell, Haha.
    Because as nice as the crew is over at tcats.org, they have zero integrity when it comes to interviews. Their main guy asks Brian the most bizarre questions and gushes over him, and then they interview YouTube toy reviewers who literally know NOTHING about Thundercats on what their thoughts are.

You will NEVER see them ask hard hitting questions or call out mistakes. Itís truly a bizarre community for Thundercats. At least he-man fans fought Scott and Mattel when things went bad and once and a while got problems rectified by being constructive rather than gushing.

Again, I like the people there but my goodness when you lap up mistakes and worship people that have nothing to do with product or ask you for money and deliver incorrect goods and praise them, you lose credibility.