Page 103 of 107 FirstFirst ... 35393101102103104105 ... LastLast
Results 2,551 to 2,575 of 2669

Thread: Modern ThunderCats Toys Thread (2)

In Stereo Where Available Dynamo of Eternia's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Ornclown View Post
    BBTS shipped my Slithe earlier today... we'll see what kind of quality these figures have soon enough!
    Interesting! Mine has not shipped, but I did preorder the entire wave as the set of 4 figures, instead of adding the individual figures to my cart when I placed the preorder. So I imagine that has something to do with it. Not a big deal, but I'm just curious how BBTS will handle this for those who ordered them as a set, especially with the Cheetara delay.

Quote Originally Posted by Dynamo of Eternia View Post
    Interesting! Mine has not shipped, but I did preorder the entire wave as the set of 4 figures, instead of adding the individual figures to my cart when I placed the preorder. So I imagine that has something to do with it. Not a big deal, but I'm just curious how BBTS will handle this for those who ordered them as a set, especially with the Cheetara delay.
    Yeah, I think it's most likely that you ordered the set...

I originally just ordered Slithe and Cheetara, but then decided to grab Jaga a few days later. (I was gonna hold out for a Spirit form Jaga, but I'm not sure this line will last that long. )

I am also curious about how BBTS will handle orders that were originally a full set.
    We need the POWER of the GOOD and the WAY of the MAGIC !!!

**Staunch FILMation lover!!! **** Uber NEW ADVENTURES Fan!!!**

>>Glad supporter of the Netflix Era<<

I got an email from BBTS yesterday saying that they've changed my four figure pre-order to a three figure pre-order, and then will be creating a separate order on my account for Cheetara. So basically everyone who ordered the full wave is having their single order changed automatically to two orders. No big deal except I guess that means customers now have to foot the bill for separate shipping for Cheetara.
    Check out my on-going project: THE UNOFFICIAL MASTERS OF THE UNIVERSE CLASSICS COMPLETE COLLECTION GUIDE
    Featuring photos, bios, accessories, release dates, and trivia for every figure, beast, vehicle and playset released in Masters of the Universe Classics!

Why not just cancel your full set pre-order and then just order them again separately? Knowing this now I might do the same with my full set wave 4 pre-order just incase the same happens again
    Most wanted Filmation style MOTUC figures:

Hunga the Harpy, Webstor, Kobra Khan, Leech, Whiplash, Rattlor, Catra Cat Form, Ram Man, Count Marzo, Two-Bad, King Miro, Twiggets, Frosta, Kothos and Admiral Scurvy.

Quote Originally Posted by Magna Prime View Post
    Alright so spirit jaga is gonna be the nycc exclusive right?
    I would say that is a good guess.

S7 has their non con stuff going on 10/5 so we should know soon.
    cogito ergo doleo

I have pre-ordered Slithe, Jaga & Cheetara from wave 3 at BBTS, and they have only received Slithe (which is in my POL) & Cracker. Has anyone received a single Jaga from BBTS?
    Great trade orgers: Son of Keldor - sdilks -JeMaBo2 x3 - Kowl - Bigassbuzz (Hyveofvillany) - Queen Marlena - mikescab - whitespyders(

My feedback thread

Quote Originally Posted by Rhanen View Post
    I have pre-ordered Slithe, Jaga & Cheetara from wave 3 at BBTS, and they have only received Slithe (which is in my POL) & Cracker. Has anyone received a single Jaga from BBTS?
    Same three that I ordered....

BBTS, apparently have not gotten Jaga yet... my Slithe should be here tomorrow, but no word on the wise ol' man.

Quote Originally Posted by Ornclown View Post
    Same three that I ordered....

BBTS, apparently have not gotten Jaga yet... my Slithe should be here tomorrow, but no word on the wise ol' man.
    Thank you. Hopefully it would be soon at the POL's, as I'd like to have them together. It would be nice to have them next to Lion-O and the rest of the Mattel wave
    Great trade orgers: Son of Keldor - sdilks -JeMaBo2 x3 - Kowl - Bigassbuzz (Hyveofvillany) - Queen Marlena - mikescab - whitespyders(

My feedback thread

Widget
    I wish Mythic Legions would do this guy:

Like this guy (take two of the "Mossman" maces and connect them with a chain):

Heroic Warrior
    Curious if anyone knows if there are plans for wave 6+ or will Wave 5 be it?

Quote Originally Posted by cappinfro View Post
    Curious if anyone knows if there are plans for wave 6+ or will Wave 5 be it?
    I'm sure there will be more waves. The reason none have been announced is because of how backed up the existing waves are. Brian explained at one point that for any particular Ultimates line, they don't want too many waves in unfulfilled preorder status at one time. So if too many are outstanding, they won't announce the next one until after one of the current outstanding waves is fulfilled.

For example, TMNT wave 3 shipped out fairly recently to customers (with the preorders of waves 4 and 5 still pending), and they just recently announced Wave 6.

My guess is that we'll get some kind of announcement on another wave of Thundercats once they get at least one of the current waves completed. MAYBE that will be once most people have Wave 3 in hand (wave 2 is the one that is REALLY backed up for other reasons), but Cheetara is part of wave 3 and is being delayed with the rest of the figures being fullfilled, so I don't know if they will make an exception once people get the rest of that wave in hand and announce something even before most people have Cheetara. It's kind of a cluster-**** right now.
    Last edited by Dynamo of Eternia; September 23, 2021 at 03:03pm.

Heroic Warrior
    I'm sure there will be more waves. The reason none have been announced is because of how backed up the existing waves are. Brian explained at one point that for any particular Ultimates line, they don't want too many waves in unfulfilled preorder status at one time. So if too many are outstanding, they won't announce the next one until after one of the current outstanding waves is fulfilled.

For example, TMNT wave 3 shipped out fairly recently to customers (with the preorders of waves 4 and 5 still pending), and they just recently announced Wave 6.

My guess is that we'll get some kind of announcement on another wave of Thundercats once they get at least one of the current waves completed. MAYBE that will be once most people have Wave 3 in hand (wave 2 is the one that is REALLY backed up for other reasons), but Cheetara is part of wave 3 and is being delayed with the rest of the figures being fullfilled, so I don't know if they will make an exception once people get the rest of that wave in hand and announce something even before most people have Cheetara. It's kind of a cluster-**** right now.
    thanks. I still have a chart I guess they showed at SDCC back in 2019 that gave a timeline for TC and TMNT Waves 1-5. Since TMNT has now moved onto Wave 6, I was just curious if TC was going to do the same.

I got Slithe in today. No issues really to speak of, which Super 7 desperately needed at this point.

Quote Originally Posted by blackiecats View Post
    Why not just cancel your full set pre-order and then just order them again separately? Knowing this now I might do the same with my full set wave 4 pre-order just incase the same happens again
    Honestly it is not a the end of the world if I have to wait a bit longer. Also BBTS did what Wakko said and separated out my Cheetara from the rest. So I'm cool with waiting for all 3 of the other figures to come in and just get charged shipping once.

Quote Originally Posted by Stratos88 View Post
    I got Slithe in today. No issues really to speak of, which Super 7 desperately needed at this point.
    Cool! Glad you already have it. Hope some in hand reviews may pop up soon

My feedback thread

Quote Originally Posted by Stratos88 View Post
    Did they fix the belt color? It's not the end of the word to me if they didn't, but I would still prefer if they corrected it.

Did they fix the belt color? It's not the end of the word to me if they didn't, but I would still prefer if they corrected it.
    Nah, pretty sure someone at Super 7 is colorblind. Slithe is a few shades lighter than I'd prefer all around. Not as big a deal as Tygra, though.

Can anyone tell if they have the boot trim, left forearm band, and right elbow pad (but not strap) the correct darker blue color? They should not be the same shade of blue as the blue on the vest. The lower part of the boots and right arm elbow pad strap should be the same blue as the vest however. This seems to have been overlooked on many Tygra figure releases and most modern artwork so far. Except for the Hard Hero Tygra statue from maybe 10 years back.

Animation cel shared from member at thundercats.org:

This image of the prototype appears correct in terms of being a unique color blue for the left forearm bands, top boot color:

The forearm straps appears the correct blue in this screenshot (not the boots though):
    Last edited by suckator; September 24, 2021 at 01:07pm.

Realist. Deal with it. Lord Anubis's Avatar
    The pictures of Slithe on fwoosh confirm s7 know how to make a great figure, they just don’t know how to paint.

The belt is like nuclear yellow and his mouth and stomach are bluish. Where was Slithe bluish? JPEG SCREEN CAPS FROM THE 90’s. same as Mumm-Ra being blue… and Tygra being blue…

They aren’t doing their homework and it shows. Are the sculptors? Yes. Are the painters? No.

Is Slithe Terrible? No. But the bluish tones are really awkward, even LJN got it right.
    "We are the tools of our own imagination, constructing temples and cathedrals in which our most outlandish dreams become truth." - Samael

Quote Originally Posted by Lord Anubis View Post
    The pictures of Slithe on fwoosh confirm s7 know how to make a great figure, they just don’t know how to paint.

The belt is like nuclear yellow and his mouth and stomach are bluish. Where was Slithe bluish? JPEG SCREEN CAPS FROM THE 90’s. same as Mumm-Ra being blue… and Tygra being blue…

They aren’t doing their homework and it shows. Are the sculptors? Yes. Are the painters? No.

Is Slithe Terrible? No. But the bluish tones are really awkward, even LJN got it right.
    Quoted for truth. The incorrect coloring on Slithe was pointed out to Super7 NUMEROUS times at the prototype stage. Did they fix him? Nope. We might as well accept
    the fact that whatever the prototype is colored, that's what we're getting. No changes made.
    Check out my on-going project: THE UNOFFICIAL MASTERS OF THE UNIVERSE CLASSICS COMPLETE COLLECTION GUIDE
    Featuring photos, bios, accessories, release dates, and trivia for every figure, beast, vehicle and playset released in Masters of the Universe Classics!

Some figures they have made have had incredibly detailed accurate paint to source. Some have had very good to great final figures produced with great engineering. Very seldom do they hit the mark on both. It has happened. I still say they have their hands in too many pies to do them all well and catch all of these issues before production. It is dizzying the amount of Ultimates product they are working on and keep revealing. That is next to all of their other merchandise they handle as well. Slithe's belt obviously fell through the cracks. The blue seemed odd from the beginning.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Wakko View Post
    Quoted for truth. The incorrect coloring on Slithe was pointed out to Super7 NUMEROUS times at the prototype stage. Did they fix him? Nope. We might as well accept
    the fact that whatever the prototype is colored, that's what we're getting. No changes made.
    The Tygra seems to be different colors than the solicitation prototype. They don't just stick to any protype per say, there seems to be no real pattern to why the deco is messed up. The Wrong blue on Panthro's shorts and many other flubs show this is an obvious pattern, not some kind of fluke.

Quote Originally Posted by darkmoon766 View Post
    Some figures they have made have had incredibly detailed accurate paint to source. Some have had very good to great final figures produced with great engineering. Very seldom do they hit the mark on both. It has happened. I still say they have their hands in too many pies to do them all well and catch all of these issues before production. It is dizzying the amount of Ultimates product they are working on and keep revealing. That is next to all of their other merchandise they handle as well. Slithe's belt obviously fell through the cracks. The blue seemed odd from the beginning.

- - - Updated - - -

The Tygra seems to be different colors than the solicitation prototype. They don't just stick to any protype per say, there seems to be no real pattern to why the deco is messed up. The Wrong blue on Panthro's shorts and many other flubs show this is an obvious pattern, not some kind of fluke.
    It has been pointed out before, but I definitely don't see the same love for Thundercats Ultimates as I do for TMNT Ultimates...

Why go after a license, with a devoted fanbase, if you are just going to cut corners?

Realist. Deal with it. Lord Anubis's Avatar
    I’ll say this in the nicest way possible… the people that interview Brian and teams, Dan, Fwoosh, Thundercatslair… all great guys but don’t push back… ever. This is why s7 get away with this stuff. Sure they’ll ask, but we need real answers and guarantees. What is their source material?? Why do they promise changes and not deliver them?

The next interview someone has it’ll be peppered with “so what is your fav” or “tell me about shipping”…. We get it. Shipping sucks right now. Whatever. Just deliver the best product and you can get a pass. This isn’t rocket science. How are the reaction figures nearly flawless with color but the same factory can’t use the same colors on bigger figures?

They literally have the color codes. There is no excuse. They have access to fans cels and style guides. Turtles, voltron, he-man, all had little to no problem with colors…. ssslithe isn’t awful…. He’s not, but he’s not great. If you’re happy I’m glad. For 60 bucks I just ask for what is promised “ultimate” … these are far from ultimate.

Can’t wait for Cheetara to eventually come back with better hips and green leotard and fans go “man I’m just happy to have her.”
    "We are the tools of our own imagination, constructing temples and cathedrals in which our most outlandish dreams become truth." - Samael

Heroic Warrior
    Slithe. Looks like it's a big chunk of vinyl plastic like mythic legions and less like the Thundercats or motuc.

Sent from my SM-A326U using Tapatalk

I’ll say this in the nicest way possible… the people that interview Brian and teams, Dan, Fwoosh, Thundercatslair… all great guys but don’t push back… ever. This is why s7 get away with this stuff. Sure they’ll ask, but we need real answers and guarantees. What is their source material?? Why do they promise changes and not deliver them?

The next interview someone has it’ll be peppered with “so what is your fav” or “tell me about shipping”…. We get it. Shipping sucks right now. Whatever. Just deliver the best product and you can get a pass. This isn’t rocket science. How are the reaction figures nearly flawless with color but the same factory can’t use the same colors on bigger figures?

They literally have the color codes. There is no excuse. They have access to fans cels and style guides. Turtles, voltron, he-man, all had little to no problem with colors…. ssslithe isn’t awful…. He’s not, but he’s not great. If you’re happy I’m glad. For 60 bucks I just ask for what is promised “ultimate” … these are far from ultimate.

Can’t wait for Cheetara to eventually come back with better hips and green leotard and fans go “man I’m just happy to have her.”

People need to seriously "hit em in the pocketbook" and I can assure you that they'll listen then as that generally works. Just stop buying this stuff.

Hell, they aren't even making it all that hard these days between the flubs and eating their own with line after line. How many customers are they losing on those points alone? It's just too much to keep up with.

There's plenty of stuff out there people from all sorts of companies. Don't hesitate to jump ship if you aren't happy as there's no shame in it.

P.S.

They just launched ANOTHER Ultimates line today. It's beyond laughable at this point. You totally get the sense that the current motto over there is quantity over quality.
    Last edited by Riddle of Steel; September 24, 2021 at 04:56pm.