Page 80 of 90 FirstFirst ... 30707879808182 ... LastLast
Results 1,976 to 2,000 of 2230

Thread: Modern ThunderCats Toys Thread (2)

  1. #1976
    Heroic Warrior Brodod's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2020
    Posts
    71
    Quote Originally Posted by Wakko View Post
    Wave one replacement parts have started showing up in Europe...

    https://pbs.twimg.com/media/EsrMYh-X...jpg&name=large
    Cool, now all we need is to see someone go through the actual steps


    Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

  2. #1977
    Heroic Warrior LioConvoy's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2013
    Posts
    125
    I can do another video on it, if you'd like. I already did one showing the steps.

  3. #1978
    ‹ber Fan Adam_Prince of Eternia's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2001
    Location
    Chicago, IL
    Posts
    6,989
    Quote Originally Posted by Lasastard View Post
    That looks pretty cool, I have to say!

    Not really full scale, as expected tho Attachment 124824

    The driver's head would have to fit into the cabine entirely, in the S7 model it sticks out. It should have an alt-mode with the cabin roof closed as well, doesn't seem possible with the current design. I also suspect that even if the driver's position is elevated, that the figures could not sit on chairs in the back. This all assumes that Panthro is actually sitting and not half-standing, to be fair.

    Still very nice, and creates some serious questions about where I would even put this...
    The ThunderTank has also been depicted with bench-style seating in the cabin, so it is not like this screen capture is the definitive model.

  4. #1979
    Heroic Warrior LioConvoy's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2013
    Posts
    125
    Quote Originally Posted by Adam_Prince of Eternia View Post
    The ThunderTank has also been depicted with bench-style seating in the cabin, so it is not like this screen capture is the definitive model.
    The model sheets should always be the definitive model. For the literal purpose that their name implies. tankinterior.jpg

  5. #1980
    Heroic Warrior KingRandorFacepalm's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2015
    Location
    California
    Posts
    826

    Modern ThunderCats Toys Thread (2)

    Quote Originally Posted by LioConvoy View Post
    The model sheets should always be the definitive model. For the literal purpose that their name implies. tankinterior.jpg
    I understand the desire to locate something definitive to point to. I didn't watch the model sheets as a kid, though. I watched the cartoons. Some scenes showed it as too big (in my opinion--this is all opinion in light of the lack of consistency). The 80's toy was comically small (though I loved it).

    I don't see much reason to hold up the model sheets as a standard in light of which the actual cartoon we watched is to be judged. I fell in love with the property because of the cartoon (with all its variability). The model sheets live on as a suggestion among the realities that actually showed up in the show. If someone prefers the model sheets as a standard, that's cool. I'm not disappointed in the scenes that deviated from it.



    I'm looking forward to that new Panthro head!

    Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    Last edited by KingRandorFacepalm; January 27, 2021 at 03:57am.
    "Anybody want to buy a used bolo?"

  6. #1981
    President of Primus Ornclown's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2010
    Location
    The Tri-Solar System
    Posts
    6,989
    Quote Originally Posted by Uki View Post
    Pretty cool, but I will probably pass on this one.

    Now if they crank out a TMNT Party Wagon...
    Now you're speakin' my language!

    Of all the vehicles I had as a kid (the batmobile, the attak-trak, the nosediver, even the millennium falcon), I think the Party Wagon and the Turtle Blimp were my favorites!
    We need the POWER of the GOOD and the WAY of the MAGIC !!!

    **Staunch FILMation lover!!! **** Uber NEW ADVENTURES Fan!!!**
    Waiting for more William Stout characters!!!

  7. #1982
    Heroic Warrior
    Join Date
    Apr 2018
    Posts
    175
    Honestly, the proportions don't bother me too much, it was merely an observation..

    That said, I really do hope they come up with a way to give the whole vehicle a nice finish. It has essentially zero paint, so the choice of plastic and surface treatment will be very very critical, imho. The way it comes across on the promo shot actually looks pretty good (I never expected them to go for a metallic look). But the same is true for their figures, and at least the earlier releases all production figures looked like they were dipped in baby oil. So fingers crossed..

  8. #1983
    Heroic Warrior Mark M's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2019
    Location
    Northern Ireland
    Posts
    2,115
    Quote Originally Posted by KingRandorFacepalm View Post
    I understand the desire to locate something definitive to point to. I didn't watch the model sheets as a kid, though. I watched the cartoons. Some scenes showed it as too big (in my opinion--this is all opinion in light of the lack of consistency). The 80's toy was comically small (though I loved it).

    I don't see much reason to hold up the model sheets as a standard in light of which the actual cartoon we watched is to be judged. I fell in love with the property because of the cartoon (with all its variability). The model sheets live on as a suggestion among the realities that actually showed up in the show. If someone prefers the model sheets as a standard, that's cool. I'm not disappointed in the scenes that deviated from it.



    I'm looking forward to that new Panthro head!

    Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    To the best of my knowledge in pretty much every episode of the cartoon that showed the characters sitting in the front of the tank their heads were not higher above the back compartment. They always sat lower as in the cartoon the tank had two different canopys.

    - - - Updated - - -

    Quote Originally Posted by LioConvoy View Post
    The model sheets should always be the definitive model. For the literal purpose that their name implies. tankinterior.jpg
    This. When the figures are being based on the animation designs there is no point in making the Thundertank based some strange amalgamation of other designs.

  9. #1984
    Heroic Warrior motogp_fanatic's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2017
    Location
    Philippines
    Posts
    2,156
    Quote Originally Posted by KingRandorFacepalm View Post
    I understand the desire to locate something definitive to point to. I didn't watch the model sheets as a kid, though. I watched the cartoons. Some scenes showed it as too big (in my opinion--this is all opinion in light of the lack of consistency). The 80's toy was comically small (though I loved it).

    I don't see much reason to hold up the model sheets as a standard in light of which the actual cartoon we watched is to be judged. I fell in love with the property because of the cartoon (with all its variability). The model sheets live on as a suggestion among the realities that actually showed up in the show. If someone prefers the model sheets as a standard, that's cool. I'm not disappointed in the scenes that deviated from it.



    I'm looking forward to that new Panthro head!

    Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    This.

    The promo shot looks promising.
    Hope I can afford a vehicle that big.

    Quote Originally Posted by Wakko View Post
    Wave one replacement parts have started showing up in Europe...

    https://pbs.twimg.com/media/EsrMYh-X...jpg&name=large
    I hope my local supplier can secure these replacememt part, it is cool having its own tray for display.


    Sent from my vivo 1718 using Tapatalk
    Last edited by motogp_fanatic; January 27, 2021 at 10:55am.
    By the power of Grayskull!!!!

  10. #1985
    Heroic Warrior Grimbot's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2005
    Location
    Serbia
    Posts
    2,287
    Quote Originally Posted by KingRandorFacepalm View Post
    I understand the desire to locate something definitive to point to. I didn't watch the model sheets as a kid, though. I watched the cartoons. Some scenes showed it as too big (in my opinion--this is all opinion in light of the lack of consistency). The 80's toy was comically small (though I loved it).

    I don't see much reason to hold up the model sheets as a standard in light of which the actual cartoon we watched is to be judged. I fell in love with the property because of the cartoon (with all its variability). The model sheets live on as a suggestion among the realities that actually showed up in the show. If someone prefers the model sheets as a standard, that's cool. I'm not disappointed in the scenes that deviated from it.



    I'm looking forward to that new Panthro head!

    Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    I didn't watch the model sheets as a kid, though. I watched the cartoons.
    That is an incredibly absurd statement.

    Some scenes showed it as too big (in my opinion--this is all opinion in light of the lack of consistency).
    Occasional scale errors do not negate that model sheets should be used. In fact, it shows WHY they MUST be used.

    The model sheets live on as a suggestion among the realities that actually showed up in the show.
    Please, when you don't know what you're talking about, then just remain silent. Lio has a point, and you're acting as an obstacle for no good reason. Be better than that.
    Brings doom to MOTUC with cel accuracy.

  11. #1986
    Heroic Warrior LioConvoy's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2013
    Posts
    125
    I don't see much reason to hold up the model sheets as a standard in light of which the actual cartoon we watched is to be judged.
    ....the model sheets are literally the point of reference and determinator for how the show uses characters and items. Itís one of the basis for animation in general. Itís literally why when something in animation is critiqued, one of the most common terms to use is ďoff modelĒ.

    ThunderCats was first and foremost an animated property. If your argument is ďit can be whatever because of occasional inaccuraciesĒ, then you might as well just get the vintage one. After all: the scale was subjective, right?

    The model sheets live on as a suggestion among the realities that actually showed up in the show.
    Comments like this really just communicates that you donít really know animation. And thatís fine: itís not everyoneís focus. You donít have to know it indepth. But this comes off more as apologism for inaccuracies than anything else.

  12. #1987
    Heroic Warrior KingRandorFacepalm's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2015
    Location
    California
    Posts
    826

    Modern ThunderCats Toys Thread (2)

    Quote Originally Posted by Grimbot View Post
    That is an incredibly absurd statement.



    Occasional scale errors do not negate that model sheets should be used. In fact, it shows WHY they MUST be used.



    Please, when you don't know what you're talking about, then just remain silent. Lio has a point, and you're acting as an obstacle for no good reason. Be better than that.
    Iím sorry if I sounded so harsh as to warrant an even harsher response. Lio always has a point and is more informed than most of us on lots of this stuff. We have a lot to learn from him for sure. I donít always agree with his final assessment of things, but I think that is okay and I donít think that means I have to work on being better somehow because of it. I donít think Iíve ever been contrary for the sake of being contrary (Iím not talking toy forums here; Iím talking life in general). It just isnít my personality or personal style, fortunately.

    When it comes to model sheets as a standard, of course heís right. They are standards, definitionally. I only meant that, when it comes to decisions concerning toys, I donít happen to believe that the model sheets, which are the clear standards for animation (although Lio is right, I donít know animation), have to be the final word. There are the model sheets, what the animators actually did, and the vintage toys. Itís just true that I didnít see the model sheets as a kid and that it was the actual animation and toys that sucked me in. I think itís unfortunate to be charged with being absurd there. I also don't think it is just apologism.

    I have no problem with the model sheets being a major reference point for the toys. In fact, things probably would often be better off if they were always aimed at. I was just watching the episode ďThe Mossland MonsterĒ again. Snarf and Snarfer sit high enough to drive the ThunderTank as well as Panthro or anyone else in some of those clips. I think Iíd prefer the model sheets to take precedence there over the animation. (For the record, Lion-Oís and Bengaliís heads both stand taller than the top of the cabin throughout much of the episode. It might be their high hair, though.)

    I also donít have a problem with the toys having characteristics reminiscent of the vintage toys, even the goofier elements. I think itís fun and I like it. The vintage tank was hilariously small. I find it kind of charming.

    Decisions have to be made on which direction to go with the toys and the animation model sheets are one source for decision-making. Itís okay, I think, for some people to want the model sheets to be the only standard and for others to tolerate, or even embrace, other things that we saw as kids in the toys and the cartoon.


    Rough to be told that you donít know anything and ought to be both silent and better on a toy forum.

    Still, Iíll recede to silence now, where I belong.
    Last edited by KingRandorFacepalm; January 27, 2021 at 03:46pm.
    "Anybody want to buy a used bolo?"

  13. #1988
    Life is good Dice's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2009
    Location
    Alabama
    Posts
    5,473
    Quote Originally Posted by KingRandorFacepalm View Post
    I think it is a bit sad to be told that you donít know anything and ought to be both silent and better on a toy forum.

    Still, Iíll receded to silence now, where I belong.
    Listen, some of us grew up partying and with no real direction in life, while others studied animation and the blade.



    Just know your place and do better next time.
    "To a great mind, nothing is little."

  14. #1989
    Heroic Warrior LioConvoy's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2013
    Posts
    125
    Quote Originally Posted by Dice View Post
    Listen, some of us grew up partying and with no real direction in life, while others studied animation and the blade.



    Just know your place and do better next time.
    Partying is important.

    But animation and T H E B L A D E is importanter.

  15. #1990
    ‹ber Fan Adam_Prince of Eternia's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2001
    Location
    Chicago, IL
    Posts
    6,989
    Quote Originally Posted by LioConvoy View Post
    The model sheets should always be the definitive model. For the literal purpose that their name implies. tankinterior.jpg
    The model sheets also indicate that the claw shield has a reflective plate on the back of it, but you ignore that when it is convenient for you.

  16. #1991
    Heroic Warrior LioConvoy's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2013
    Posts
    125
    Quote Originally Posted by Adam_Prince of Eternia View Post
    The model sheets also indicate that the claw shield has a reflective plate on the back of it, but you ignore that when it is convenient for you.
    I actually don’t. One of my biggest criticisms of both the Matty Lion-O and the Super7 one is that there’s no reason to have a furry Claw Shield.

    Also, it’s not just a “plate”: the entire thing is metal. The indicator on the model sheet is specifically in reference to Mumm-Ra’s reflection. If your argument is “you’re not stating enough that the toy part isn’t reflective in color”, I’ve also stated my issues about inaccurate colors on these figures.

    If you’re going to try this hard to find an inconsistency in my logic, then I recommend you actually find one. Because this isn’t it.

    You seem to have problems with me on a personal level. From shots about other forums, to trying desperately to downplay actual criticisms, to generic passive aggressiveness. You’ve been asked to pull back on that in this thread, and have chosen not to while simultaneously threatening me with banning for not being as positive as you’ve personally prefer in this thread.

    So I’m going to say this: since you seem to take such issue with me, feel free to take it to DMs. Because I’m both tired of the passive aggressiveness, and it’s doing this thread no favors. The ball’s in your court.

  17. #1992
    Heroic Warrior Grimbot's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2005
    Location
    Serbia
    Posts
    2,287
    Quote Originally Posted by Adam_Prince of Eternia View Post
    The model sheets also indicate that the claw shield has a reflective plate on the back of it, but you ignore that when it is convenient for you.
    Cuz it couldn't possibly be a typo, that they meant "plating" instead of "plate"...
    Brings doom to MOTUC with cel accuracy.

  18. #1993
    In Stereo Where Available Dynamo of Eternia's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2002
    Posts
    13,425
    Pricing and ordering info has been revealed. I didn't expect it to be cheap, but I didn't expect it to be this expensive either!

    From S7's Facebook page:

    Measuring 27Ē long and 17Ē wide, the ULTIMATES! ThunderTank can carry up to six ThunderCats ULTIMATES figures! The pre-order will be open from February 2 - April 2, 2021 for $450 plus shipping. A payment plan will be available! Expected delivery Q1 2022.



    I know it has been a few years and prices have gone up, but that is more expensive than the MOTUC Castle Grayskull was.
    ____________________________________________

  19. #1994
    Heroic Warrior Stratos88's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2020
    Posts
    74
    $450?! Yeah, I'll pass. It hurts, but I'll pass.

  20. #1995
    Heroic Warrior Brodod's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2020
    Posts
    71
    Quote Originally Posted by Stratos88 View Post
    $450?! Yeah, I'll pass. It hurts, but I'll pass.
    Donít forget shipping!


    Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

  21. #1996
    Heroic Warrior Stratos88's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2020
    Posts
    74
    Quote Originally Posted by Brodod View Post
    Donít forget shipping!
    Haha, you right. Super 7 have a ****ing screw loose announcing this right now. Asking Thundercats fans for $450+ after the serious delays and issues with the first wave is flat out insulting.

  22. #1997
    ‹ber Fan Adam_Prince of Eternia's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2001
    Location
    Chicago, IL
    Posts
    6,989
    Quote Originally Posted by LioConvoy View Post
    I actually donít. One of my biggest criticisms of both the Matty Lion-O and the Super7 one is that thereís no reason to have a furry Claw Shield.

    Also, itís not just a ďplateĒ: the entire thing is metal. The indicator on the model sheet is specifically in reference to Mumm-Raís reflection. If your argument is ďyouíre not stating enough that the toy part isnít reflective in colorĒ, Iíve also stated my issues about inaccurate colors on these figures.

    If youíre going to try this hard to find an inconsistency in my logic, then I recommend you actually find one. Because this isnít it.

    You seem to have problems with me on a personal level. From shots about other forums, to trying desperately to downplay actual criticisms, to generic passive aggressiveness. Youíve been asked to pull back on that in this thread, and have chosen not to while simultaneously threatening me with banning for not being as positive as youíve personally prefer in this thread.

    So Iím going to say this: since you seem to take such issue with me, feel free to take it to DMs. Because Iím both tired of the passive aggressiveness, and itís doing this thread no favors. The ballís in your court.
    The model sheet does not show that the entire claw shield is metallic. It shows that there is a metallic plate on the claw shield. So your slavishness to the model sheets is selective at best.

    - - - Updated - - -

    Quote Originally Posted by Grimbot View Post
    Cuz it couldn't possibly be a typo, that they meant "plating" instead of "plate"...
    So the model sheets are gospel, but only when you agree with them?

    - - - Updated - - -

    Quote Originally Posted by Dynamo of Eternia View Post
    I know it has been a few years and prices have gone up, but that is more expensive than the MOTUC Castle Grayskull was.
    To be fair, Castle Grayskull was also produced by Mattel, which is a much larger company with many more resources. Because of the volume of business they do with other manufacturers, they are able to get much better rates.

  23. #1998
    Heroic Warrior Mark M's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2019
    Location
    Northern Ireland
    Posts
    2,115
    I said this would be near $600 so not too far off when you include the shopping to the $450.

  24. #1999
    Heroic Warrior LioConvoy's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2013
    Posts
    125
    Quote Originally Posted by Adam_Prince of Eternia View Post
    The model sheet does not show that the entire claw shield is metallic. It shows that there is a metallic plate on the claw shield. So your slavishness to the model sheets is selective at best.

    - - - Updated - - -



    So the model sheets are gospel, but only when you agree with them?

    - - - Updated - - -



    To be fair, Castle Grayskull was also produced by Mattel, which is a much larger company with many more resources. Because of the volume of business they do with other manufacturers, they are able to get much better rates.
    The "plate" is only mentioned in reference to Mumm-Ra's reflection. Literally listed in the sheet.

    Claw.jpg

    And no, it's not some single plate and the rest of it is something different. The entire Claw is made of the same material save maybe the inside of the Claw. It's why he could break a tree when he punched it with the Claw, why he was able to grab a flying sword, etc.

    Claw1.jpg Claw2.jpg

    There's also the fact that the rest of the Claw has the same golden sheen.

    clawsheld2.jpgClaw3.jpg


    I know you're trying really hard to poke holes in the points here, but I'm afraid you honestly just don't have the knowledge to do so in this regard. So the main question would be "why?". But I think we both know that answer. And I also noticed you sidestepped everything else and my DMs are empty.

    So, in short......get an actual argument. Because this ain't it, chief.

  25. #2000
    Heroic Warrior Brodod's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2020
    Posts
    71
    Quote Originally Posted by Mark M View Post
    I said this would be near $600 so not too far off when you include the shopping to the $450.
    I wouldnít be annoyed at the price if the damn thing came with some extras is it going to have some detail paint? Is it going to have some removable parts? Replacement tracks? Can something on this $450 mfer light up???


    Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •