Page 158 of 159 FirstFirst ... 58108148156157158159 LastLast
Results 3,926 to 3,950 of 3959

Thread: Modern ThunderCats Toys Thread (2)

That's because they're total shills and are afraid of losing their review samples. They don't say anything bad about the companies that give them handouts. It's embarrassing.

Quote Originally Posted by Mark M View Post
    It's ironic that Robo from the Fwoosh can make a video and complain about the height of a Star Wars Black Series R2 unit being too small compared to the other figures and not the same height as the same scaled Bandai model kit.
    Yet when Robo and Veebees (and other reviewers) are interviewing Brian about Thundercats they don't bring up any of the inaccurate scale issues...or inaccurate sculpts....or inaccurate colours...or badly designed articulation...bad design choices....and the terrible quality control etc.
    Maybe if Hasbro were sending Fwoosh figures for free maybe the R2 units scale wouldn't be an issue.

Quote Originally Posted by Lord Anubis View Post
    The Mattel one has much better colors and stands out more being vibrant. The 7 version is much darker. However super 7 gives the correct claw shield and sword sculpts. The Mattel swords and claw are terrible. The only thing I like better on the 7 figure itself is the belt logo. I have both and Frankensteiníd my ultimate version.

For Panthro there was no upgrade needed at all, he was darker too and had weird eyes so Mattel one wins, same with Jackalman. Pumyra wasnít much of an upgrade other than maybe a few centimeters shaved off.

Mumm-Raís cloak was the major upgrade from Mattel and his now inaccurate blue at least matches the ever living form. However color wise Mattel was much closer to the mark.
    Thanks for the info, I will save some money and skip getting the Super7 Lion-O then. I can't justify the price simply for the accessories as I already have the Mattel version.

Heroic Warrior Orko's Magic Hat's Avatar
    Got my wave 4, much better quality! Loving this wave.

But, again so many unnecessary additional accessories and hands. The packing is gorgeous and I hope to one day display the figures in their boxes but they are so big! I wish they had continued with the Mattel TC packing, it was small and narrow but still looked good.
    MOTU Origins Wishlist: Oo-Larr, Rattlor, Hawke, Slamurai, Lodar, Snake Face, Geldor, Plasmar, Lord Gr'Asp, Strobo, Extendar, Jitsu, Tung Lashor

Realist. Deal with it. Lord Anubis's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Iluvart View Post
    Thanks for the info, I will save some money and skip getting the Super7 Lion-O then. I can't justify the price simply for the accessories as I already have the Mattel version.
    Thereís people on ebay selling just the weapons, honestly grab at least the sword, it makes a night and day difference. Mattel really botched that.

Also I did crack open a Pumm-RaÖ am I crazy or his shoulders canít rotate?? I tried and it started leaving deep cuts in the plastic. Like absolutely ruined just trying to raise his arms, same issue Mumm-Ra has.
    "We are the tools of our own imagination, constructing temples and cathedrals in which our most outlandish dreams become truth." - Samael

There’s people on ebay selling just the weapons, honestly grab at least the sword, it makes a night and day difference. Mattel really botched that.

Also I did crack open a Pumm-Ra… am I crazy or his shoulders can’t rotate?? I tried and it started leaving deep cuts in the plastic. Like absolutely ruined just trying to raise his arms, same issue Mumm-Ra has.
    4 Horsemen botched the sword, not Mattel. All the design issues on the Mattel figures were Horsemen. Lion-O's sword, clawshield and height, Pumyra's height, Panthro's spinning nunchuck effect, all Horsemen's designs.
    The only thing Mattel's factory botched was Jackalman's calves.

I'd imagine Pumm-Ra's shoulders are just bad design as usual.

4 Horsemen botched the sword, not Mattel. All the design issues on the Mattel figures were Horsemen. Lion-O's sword, clawshield and height, Pumyra's height, Panthro's spinning nunchuck effect, all Horsemen's designs.
    The only thing Mattel's factory botched was Jackalman's calves.

I'd imagine Pumm-Ra's shoulders are just bad design as usual.
    They cant rotate at all or be moved up or down. The back part is so tight up against the Shoulder that it made gouges and a small cracking noise from the pressure. I wanted to do the pose of him outside Cats lair when he stole the sword, and that cant even be done, the simplest of poses lol.... these suck. I might just sand down a vintage Thundercats body and use the Pumm-Ra head on it with the soft goods robe. At least this will be good for something!
    "We are the tools of our own imagination, constructing temples and cathedrals in which our most outlandish dreams become truth." - Samael

They cant rotate at all or be moved up or down. The back part is so tight up against the Shoulder that it made gouges and a small cracking noise from the pressure. I wanted to do the pose of him outside Cats lair when he stole the sword, and that cant even be done, the simplest of poses lol.... these suck. I might just sand down a vintage Thundercats body and use the Pumm-Ra head on it with the soft goods robe. At least this will be good for something!
    The Thundercats Ultimates line overall is a joke.
    They display with MOTUC and that's about it.
    Badly designed, not in scale, bad proportions, wrong colours, subpar articulation, inaccurate sculpts...Ultimates!

My 3 figures arrived, I've only had time to open and look at Mumm-Ra the ever living so far as he was the figure I was most interested in.

Much to my surprise and relief there are no glaring visual issues on him just fairly loose hips that make him a little tricky to pose and get to stand. Thats not great obviously, but realistically it won't affect me at all with him just set posed in my display.

The other issue is his shoulders, you cant raise his arms even to parallel to the ground let alone above, it just jams. I'm assuming thats a known issue that I just missed in the reviews?

Anyway, he looks great mixed in with my Classics collection.
    Calling all fellow Aussies to post in the Australian Collectors Thread

Widget
    Quote Originally Posted by ProteinNerd View Post
    The other issue is his shoulders, you cant raise his arms even to parallel to the ground let alone above, it just jams. I'm assuming that's a known issue that I just missed in the reviews?
    It is a know issue. It's not something reviewers have mentioned on the most part from what I've seen, those who got free toys anyway. I fixed it by removing material with a sharp blade above the shoulder, it doesn't take much and because of where the bandages sit you can't even see I did it. Bad design on Super 7's part. I know Brian doesn't want to sacrifice the sculpt to articulation but this is one case where it wouldn't have mattered at all.

Yesterday I received my mumm ra wave 2 here in Brazil, in general we didn't have major problems as we have seen several around here, even so there was a significant one in one of the heads. It seems that there was a lack of material during the injection of the plastic of these helmet spikes. I've already sent an email to Super7, let's see if it helps.20220612_223412.jpg
    Interesting..

Quote Originally Posted by Albernaz View Post
    Yesterday I received my mumm ra wave 2 here in Brazil, in general we didn't have major problems as we have seen several around here, even so there was a significant one in one of the heads. It seems that there was a lack of material during the injection of the plastic of these helmet spikes. I've already sent an email to Super7, let's see if it helps.20220612_223412.jpg
    That is so weird...

It almost looks intentional!
    We need the POWER of the GOOD and the WAY of the MAGIC !!!

**Staunch FILMation lover!!! **** Uber NEW ADVENTURES Fan!!!**

>>Glad supporter of the Netflix Era<<

LOL, mine is the same. I didn't even notice. Can you let me know what Super7 say?
    Calling all fellow Aussies to post in the Australian Collectors Thread

Quote Originally Posted by ProteinNerd View Post
    LOL, mine is the same. I didn't even notice. Can you let me know what Super7 say?
    They asked me to send a copy of my receipt and then I would be on a replacement parts list. Let's see if anything happens.
    Interesting..

They asked me to send a copy of my receipt and then I would be on a replacement parts list. Let's see if anything happens.
    Good luck, Iíve been on the replacement parts list for months. On a sidenote Amazon was blowing figures out for $30 today, it looks like just waiting a little bit longer gives you much better deals on these figures and bring them down to what theyíre actually worth.

Widget
    Good luck, Iíve been on the replacement parts list for months.
    Same here. I complained about Tygra before any US orders were even being filled. Now I'm on a list waiting for an "open return". How I'm not first on that list I have no idea. Amazing that in the time I've been waiting EE have fulfilled orders, received complaints and issued replacements, all the while I'm left waiting weeks at a time for a reply from the company who's name is on the box.

Quote Originally Posted by Booshman View Post
    Same here. I complained about Tygra before any US orders were even being filled. Now I'm on a list waiting for an "open return". How I'm not first on that list I have no idea. Amazing that in the time I've been waiting EE have fulfilled orders, received complaints and issued replacements, all the while I'm left waiting weeks at a time for a reply from the company who's name is on the box.
    I hear ya man, Iím waiting on 4 missing parts!!! If I hear nothing by Friday Iím going to demand my money back or at least some kind of compensation, i canít even clip my Mumm-Raís cape on. Never never never again. At least Amazon offers free returns with no issues.

I am not posting in that protected Thundercats thread.

That Super 7 Cheetara has some of the worst, blandest sculpted legs I have ever seen on an action figures.
    No shape or muscle definition at all...which she had in the cartoon.

That Super 7 Cheetara has some of the worst, blandest sculpted legs I have ever seen on an action figures.
    Seriously. It's not like it's difficult. The MOTUC females had nice legs. Talk about deflating the sexiness of an 80's icon.

Remember it could always be worse, Vultureman could be as big as Mumm-Ra….. oh wait, Brian said Vultureman towers … so must be facts lol!

mumm ra.jpg

Despite all the issues surrounding the Super7, and being myself a victim of the lack of quality control among other things, I'm still impressed with this figure, it just makes me think of that 80's Mumm-ra that I was so happy when I got it for Christmas and it was one of the ugliest toys I've ever had. I wonder how the "me" at that time would go crazy with this Mumm-ra and couldn't find any issue with him.
    My old Skeletor is already getting so faded that soon it will be the original color of Mumm-ra.
    Interesting..

Quote Originally Posted by Durendal View Post
    Seriously. It's not like it's difficult. The MOTUC females had nice legs. Talk about deflating the sexiness of an 80's icon.
    The overall sculpt is just very lacking and bland.

- - - Updated - - -

Remember it could always be worse, Vultureman could be as big as Mumm-Ra….. oh wait, Brian said Vultureman towers … so must be facts lol!
    It's not like it would be that difficult to just alter the size of a digital sculpt before starting production.
    Fans really shouldn't have to correct professional sculptors, allegedly the best in the toy business, on their products.

- - - Updated - - -

- - - Updated - - -

Toybro has his review up of Cheetara.
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=i-dRE7m6i6g
    Proportions still look odd and the undifined sculpt looks bland. At least they go her height correct.
    Face and paint look nice but the lack of articulation is disappointing.

- - - Updated - - -

Toybro has his review up of Cheetara.
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=i-dRE7m6i6g
    Proportions still look odd and the undifined sculpt looks bland. At least they go her height correct.
    Face and paint look nice but the lack of articulation is disappointing.
    Last edited by Mark M; June 17, 2022 at 10:06am.

Heroic Warrior Grayskull Guardsman's Avatar
    Biggest gripe... Sheís too short/little. Looks like a kid next to Tyrgra and Lion-o.

Face looks better than expected. Prototype face is still leagues better. Articulation is odd. Should have a bicep swivel and boot cut. And ball joint at the chest cut. And she does look a little thick in the mid-section. Hopefully, she doesnít have QC issues that plagued Wave 2.

She looks way too short. Itís like they change the scale from 1/10 to 1/12 in the middle of the line. The customer is not always right; some feedback should be rejected. Changing the height of the figures is one of those things.
    Please check out my custom figures. The first few stink but I get better.

https://www.he-man.org/forums/boards/showthread.php?277602-Masters-of-the-Hadleyverse

I also wrote a fanfic. See the fanfic board. At least four people like it.

Appearance wise I have no complaints she seems to be what she is. However I have no idea what the hell is going on with the height when comparing her to Pumyra itís almost insane.

There was a video today interviewing Brian and he once more claims Vultureman is bigÖ. Dude doesnít know how to accept reality. The interviewer knew his stuff and didnít back down but there was no winning. Brian just doesnít know Thundercats. Also Tygraís elbow pad he said is basically done and over and would need a new arm or a new figure version down the roadÖ. Why? Iím not rebuying Tygra. Iíll make one myself at this point.

In terms of accuracy this is hands down the worst line I think ive ever owned. Some figures are flawless sculpts and bad paint, others are home runs with bizarre scales. The s7 style is totally different from the Mattel style, some figures donít look like their even from the same line. Crazy stuff. Glad after BenGali Iím done (unless Snarf hits).

Appearance wise I have no complaints she seems to be what she is. However I have no idea what the hell is going on with the height when comparing her to Pumyra it’s almost insane.

There was a video today interviewing Brian and he once more claims Vultureman is big…. Dude doesn’t know how to accept reality. The interviewer knew his stuff and didn’t back down but there was no winning. Brian just doesn’t know Thundercats. Also Tygra’s elbow pad he said is basically done and over and would need a new arm or a new figure version down the road…. Why? I’m not rebuying Tygra. I’ll make one myself at this point.

In terms of accuracy this is hands down the worst line I think ive ever owned. Some figures are flawless sculpts and bad paint, others are home runs with bizarre scales. The s7 style is totally different from the Mattel style, some figures don’t look like their even from the same line. Crazy stuff. Glad after BenGali I’m done (unless Snarf hits).
    The heights have been wrong since the line started.
    Pumyra is just still drastically too tall and Lion-O too short etc.

Aside from Brian the designers/sculptors at 4 Horsemen also know little about Thundercats when it comes to accuracy.

BTW who did the interview? I take it that it wasn't the usual shill channels.

Just sen the interview.

Regarding Vultureman.
    Brian: "He's a little taller than everyone else but he's in scale."

How does that work? How can a shorter character be in scale when they are taller than the charters that are supposed to be taller.
    Last edited by Mark M; June 23, 2022 at 04:48am.