Page 104 of 107 FirstFirst ... 45494102103104105106 ... LastLast
Results 2,576 to 2,600 of 2674

Thread: Modern ThunderCats Toys Thread (2)

  1. #2576
    Heroic Warrior Bonehead's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2003
    Location
    Windy City South Suburbs
    Posts
    6,204
    Quote Originally Posted by Lord Anubis View Post
    The pictures of Slithe on fwoosh confirm s7 know how to make a great figure, they just don’t know how to paint.

    The belt is like nuclear yellow and his mouth and stomach are bluish. Where was Slithe bluish? JPEG SCREEN CAPS FROM THE 90’s. same as Mumm-Ra being blue… and Tygra being blue…

    They aren’t doing their homework and it shows. Are the sculptors? Yes. Are the painters? No.

    Is Slithe Terrible? No. But the bluish tones are really awkward, even LJN got it right.
    There is no excuse for that belt. It looks horrible and nothing like the figure in S7's own promo pics. The blueish parts don't bother me as much but that shade of green they used is WAY too bright. It should be a dull green. That annoys me even more since there is more of it.

    S7's gotta do something about this. I'm really "ticked off" over this.

  2. #2577
    President of Primus Ornclown's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2010
    Location
    The Tri-Solar System
    Posts
    8,356
    I got Slithe yesterday!

    The figure itself is amazing. His sculpt and articulation are great!

    This figure is a promising example for future releases... and looks even more fantastic next to Jackalman (who, now just looks like a MOTU character wearing a werewolf Halloween costume...)

    However, the paint apps are quite puzzling. The image on the actual box has the right color scheme, but as mentioned, mine has a weird blue paint for his "underbelly" applications. And that belt, ooof!

    Also, why is Mumm-Ra's logo on the slipcase? The vintage figures never gave the characters 'factions' like TMNT did, but I would think that a "Mutant" or "Plundarr" logo would have been more appropriate...
    We need the POWER of the GOOD and the WAY of the MAGIC !!!

    **Staunch FILMation lover!!! **** Uber NEW ADVENTURES Fan!!!**

    >>Glad supporter of the Netflix Era<<

  3. #2578
    Heroic Warrior T-man's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2008
    Location
    N.W. Indiana
    Posts
    1,117
    Well, I had 2 of each Thundercats figures on preorder. I finally cancelled. Its states "beautifully painted" in the item description but the quality of what I am seeing is nothing "beautifully painted".

    To bad. I was crazy excited about these, but dang. Everyone seems overall positive about Slithe but he looks like unpainted green plastic look cheap. At the cost per figure and all the QC of the Masters I bought, I just can't. I wish it where different. I have paint peeling off of Hawke and Hordak. My Teela was one of the unfortunate ones with really bad hips on both sides and eyes that look like she smoked meth. My Sorceress and She-ra look awful.

    I haven't seen a huge improvement on anything they have done. If the item description says, "beautifully painted" , then they should be beautifully painted. I am only expecting what they sold me. I don't want extra heads and accessories. I just want a good looking figure.

    For me, I just want to feel good about the money I spend and I don't feel good about anything Super7. After all these years, and the amount of grace extended when they were getting their footing, they should be doing better. I never emailed them or complained about my bad figures, but at this point they lost my business completely.
    MYP SKELETOR , Kay-la, ABC GIANTS, MYP Evil-lyn, MYP Sorceress, MYP Captain Miro, Queen Andreeno ,MYP King Randor, MYP or Dc Tri-Klops, MYP Squeeeze, General Rattlor, MYP Roboto

  4. #2579
    Heroic Warrior Bonehead's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2003
    Location
    Windy City South Suburbs
    Posts
    6,204
    Quote Originally Posted by Ornclown View Post
    I got Slithe yesterday!

    The figure itself is amazing. His sculpt and articulation are great!

    This figure is a promising example for future releases... and looks even more fantastic next to Jackalman (who, now just looks like a MOTU character wearing a werewolf Halloween costume...)

    However, the paint apps are quite puzzling. The image on the actual box has the right color scheme, but as mentioned, mine has a weird blue paint for his "underbelly" applications. And that belt, ooof!
    The sculpt is top notch no doubt, but the paint and color choices are ridiculous to the extreme. Slithe looks like he's wearing Batman's Utility Belt!!! HOW?! HOW did this get through QC?!?!?!?!?!

    - - - Updated - - -

    Quote Originally Posted by T-man View Post
    Well, I had 2 of each Thundercats figures on preorder. I finally cancelled. Its states "beautifully painted" in the item description but the quality of what I am seeing is nothing "beautifully painted".

    To bad. I was crazy excited about these, but dang. Everyone seems overall positive about Slithe but he looks like unpainted green plastic look cheap.
    I don't blame you. I'm not jumping off the line yet but if I can't fix Slithe's belt with a repaint I'm likely done too. Why couldn't they have screwed up Capt. Crackers instead? At least he's not a major character like Slithe.

    Quote Originally Posted by T-man View Post
    At the cost per figure and all the QC of the Masters I bought, I just can't. I wish it where different. I have paint peeling off of Hawke and Hordak. My Teela was one of the unfortunate ones with really bad hips on both sides and eyes that look like she smoked meth. My Sorceress and She-ra look awful.

    I haven't seen a huge improvement on anything they have done. If the item description says, "beautifully painted" , then they should be beautifully painted. I am only expecting what they sold me. I don't want extra heads and accessories. I just want a good looking figure.
    I was very disappointed with their MOTU figures due to several QC issues to the point that I vowed never to buy from them again. But the rub here is that while their TC line has had major issues, their TMNT is excellent!! It has had some minor issues but overall the line is great and I have seen vast improvement from S7 compared to their MOTU figures. THAT'S the problem. S7, with their TMNT line has shown that they CAN do excellent figures. They just don't for some reason when it comes to TCs. It's like the "red-headed stepchild" of S7. (No offense to any red heads. )

  5. #2580
    Heroic Warrior Wakko's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2000
    Location
    PA
    Posts
    3,471
    I got Captain Cracker and Slithe from BBTS today. Here are my random initial thoughts:

    SLITHE:
    - The sculpting is an absolute home run. This really is a Figure of the Year contender.
    - The blue paint on his ears/face/chest is inaccurate but not as big of a deal breaker in person as it appears on camera.
    - Given how thick the figure is, his articulation is great, especially his head, which can look side to side, up, down, and tilt.
    - The plastic on both figures feels much less cheap/waxy compared to past Super7 Ultimates. It's very close to Mattel quality.
    - My biggest gripe is the hard plastic used on the hands (good luck getting any weapons in Slithe's hands without warming up the plastic first so you can move the fingers).
    - The heads are hard to swap for the same reason, plus the figure's spikes dig into your palms when you try to push on a new head.
    - Hands are easy to swap.
    - Seriously, this figure is amaze-balls. When this wave was announced I was more excited for Jaga and Cheetara, but I think Slithe will be the winner of the wave.
    - The figure appears to have a very slight, intentional shine to the skin portions, giving Slithe's skin a reptilian look. It's a nice touch. Otherwise, these figures avoid the waxy shine of some of Super7's previous Ultimates figures.

    CAPTAIN CRACKER
    - For a figure that absolutely didn't deserve to be released so early in the line, he's well sculpted. He does look VERY cartoony, though. Closer to a Club Grayskull figure than a MOTUC figure.
    - Balancing either of the Polly figures on Cracker's arm requires sticky tak, which is a shame. I think they should've put more effort to make sure the birds' feet could clip onto Cracker's arm solidly. Edited to add: I'm an idiot. Both versions of Polly have a peg that fits into Cracker's shoulder.
    - His peg leg makes him hard to balance.
    - Hands and heads are easy to swap.
    Last edited by Wakko; September 30, 2021 at 04:28pm.
    Check out my on-going project: THE UNOFFICIAL MASTERS OF THE UNIVERSE CLASSICS COMPLETE COLLECTION GUIDE
    Featuring photos, bios, accessories, release dates, and trivia for every figure, beast, vehicle and playset released in Masters of the Universe Classics!

  6. #2581
    Heroic Dad, Teacher, Nerd Uki's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2002
    Location
    The Woodlands,Tx
    Posts
    13,166
    I might have to reorder this guy; he looks pretty great.
    MOTU Origins Most Wanted: Skeleteen, Prince Keldor, Anti-Eternia Characters, and for the love of the Sorceress and Julie Winston, ODIPHUS!!!

    Instagram: Just_Thommy
    Hermione's Toy Box on Youtube:
    https://www.youtube.com/channel/UC8C...xlwUttPSJAUZMA

  7. #2582
    Heroic Warrior Thrawn29's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2011
    Location
    Florida
    Posts
    1,899
    I haven't received my Captain Cracker yet (ordered from Super 7 directly).

    I did receive my extra Slithe I ordered from BBTS.

    I'm still processing how I feel about the figure. With MOTUC, TMNT Ultimates, and any toyline really it can take time to really process where a figure ranks in your "Best of Lists" or "Favorites".

    There were several surprise figures that would become my favorite and new figures I thought were my favorites would slip down my list a few spots.

    I don't think I've bought a lot of figures this year, at least nothing that has specifically jumped out at me. A lot of what I loved I received late 2020.

    Slithe is in my top contenders for my favorite figure of the year.

    I'm a fan of Thunder Cats, I enjoy the original series (I own it on DVD), I have a few of my original toys, but I'm not a huge fan like some. For toys I'm definitely MOTU and TMNT.

    I'm cherry picking Super 7's Ultimates Thundercats line. I'm in for almost all the bad guys though.

    --------------

    I do consider myself a fan of Thundercats, but a casual one and as a casual fan of Thundercats here are my thoughts.

    Pros:

    This Slithe has an amazing sculpt. He looks like he stepped right off the tv screen. The 4H are very overrated but when they want to bring it they still can. They brought it here.

    Every little wrinkle under the chin, the sculpted spots, the short stocky calves, the expressive alternate head...it's eerie how much I can see and hear the cartoon and those old record books from my childhood.

    The two alternate heads are great, but instead of an neutral expression I would have preferred a snarling head.

    The weapons are great. I love the toy axe with the gnarled handle and the jagged blade.

    The articulation is fairly functional for what we get. It's also what I expected. It's 4H standard which is just industry minimum standards, good but not great.

    The colors on this guy are great. I love the vivid green. I think the yellow belt a lot of fans are upset about provides a nice contrast. I like it.

    Cons:

    I want an alt pair of fists. I'm not sure why those weren't included.

    I hate the single cut tail. That's the Four Horsemen Special. MOTUC Whiplash, Rattlor, Draego Man, Lizard Man all have a single tail cut or none at all. Super 7's TMNT Ultimates Leatherhead has a single cut as well.

    I don't understand why they can't use a segmented system like Neca uses for their Godzilla figures or at minimum a ball joint.

    But if given the choice, I'd rather a single cut than bendy wire.

    My Slithe's left gripping hand has some very bad paint in the palm. Not a big deal since he'd be holding something in that hand and I intend on using the open palm hand anyway.

    The engineering on the harness sucks. It rides up in the back quite easily exposing the unpainted black crotch piece. Again, not huge deal since it can be adjusted and the figure will be viewed from the front, but that's a problem.

    Also, to my eyes I don't think the skin tone on the hands match the skin tone of the forearms. The hands look darker to me. I don't know if that's just a me thing? It's doesn't bother me all that much, but I noted it.

    ----------

    All that said, I love this figure. I'm a villain guy, and I love scaly reptile characters. On top of that, I never consciously made the connection until Veebs at the Fwoosh pointed it out, but Slithe definitely has a goblin/orc influence from the Rankin and Bass Hobbit/ROTK cartoons. Those two cartoons are two of my all time favorite animated movies, and the goblin/orc design has always been one of my favorite animated designs.

    I have some issues with Slithe but they're nitpicks.

    I have no idea how anyone could hate this figure. As a casual fan I don't care about the yellow belt, I don't care about the bluish color they chose for the underbelly, this looks like Slithe to me.

    He could end up being my favorite figure of the year, I'm not sure. I do really love Super 7's Rocksteady and Mafex's AOA Magneto. As of right now it would be between those three. If Super 7 is able to get TMNT Wave 4 out before the year's end Donatello might take my #1 slot, but we'll see. I need to spend some more time with Slithe, before I can decide.
    Last edited by Thrawn29; September 30, 2021 at 06:51pm.

  8. #2583
    Heroic Warrior Bonehead's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2003
    Location
    Windy City South Suburbs
    Posts
    6,204
    Quote Originally Posted by Wakko View Post
    I got Captain Cracker and Slithe from BBTS today. Here are my random initial thoughts:

    SLITHE:
    - The sculpting is an absolute home run. This really is a Figure of the Year contender.
    - The blue paint on his ears/face/chest is inaccurate but not as big of a deal breaker in person as it appears on camera.
    - Given how thick the figure is, his articulation is great, especially his head, which can look side to side, up, down, and tilt.
    - The plastic on both figures feels much less cheap/waxy compared to past Super7 Ultimates. It's very close to Mattel quality.
    - My biggest gripe is the hard plastic used on the hands (good luck getting any weapons in Slithe's hands without warming up the plastic first so you can move the fingers).
    - The heads are hard to swap for the same reason, plus the figure's spikes dig into your palms when you try to push on a new head.
    - Hands are easy to swap.
    - Seriously, this figure is amaze-balls. When this wave was announced I was more excited for Jaga and Cheetara, but I think Slithe will be the winner of the wave.
    - The figure appears to have a very slight, intentional shine to the skin portions, giving Slithe's skin a reptilian look. It's a nice touch. Otherwise, these figures avoid the waxy shine of some of Super7's previous Ultimates figures.

    CAPTAIN CRACKER
    - For a figure that absolutely didn't deserve to be released so early in the line, he's well sculpted. He does look VERY cartoony, though. Closer to a Club Grayskull figure than a MOTUC figure.
    - Balancing either of the Polly figures on Cracker's arm requires sticky tak, which is a shame. I think they should've put more effort to make sure the birds' feet could clip onto Cracker's arm solidly. Edited to add: I'm an idiot. Both versions of Polly have a peg that fits into Cracker's shoulder.
    - His peg leg makes him hard to balance.
    - Hands and heads are easy to swap.
    What about Slithe's Utility Belt?

  9. #2584
    Heroic Warrior depp76's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2014
    Location
    Mexico
    Posts
    1,704
    I'm just glad I cancelled all my preorders for these things. There is better quality stuff out there to spend my money on.

  10. #2585
    Widget
    Join Date
    Apr 2021
    Location
    Argentina
    Posts
    3
    Super7 has the correct color.
    In the Reaction version they did well.
    Last edited by niconewells; October 3, 2021 at 11:39pm.

  11. #2586
    Heroic Warrior Bonehead's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2003
    Location
    Windy City South Suburbs
    Posts
    6,204
    BBTS just got in Jaga so my set will hopefully arrive by the weekend.

  12. #2587
    Heroic Warrior King Kahn's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2001
    Location
    nashville, tn
    Posts
    6,494
    Quote Originally Posted by Bonehead View Post
    BBTS just got in Jaga so my set will hopefully arrive by the weekend.
    yup mine is shipping soon too.
    cogito ergo doleo

  13. #2588
    Heroic Warrior Baedal's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2016
    Posts
    462
    At this point I'm starting to hate Super7.


  14. #2589
    Heroic Warrior motogp_fanatic's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2017
    Location
    Philippines
    Posts
    2,493
    Quote Originally Posted by Wakko View Post
    I got Captain Cracker and Slithe from BBTS today. Here are my random initial thoughts:

    SLITHE:
    - The sculpting is an absolute home run. This really is a Figure of the Year contender.
    - The blue paint on his ears/face/chest is inaccurate but not as big of a deal breaker in person as it appears on camera.
    - Given how thick the figure is, his articulation is great, especially his head, which can look side to side, up, down, and tilt.
    - The plastic on both figures feels much less cheap/waxy compared to past Super7 Ultimates. It's very close to Mattel quality.
    - My biggest gripe is the hard plastic used on the hands (good luck getting any weapons in Slithe's hands without warming up the plastic first so you can move the fingers).
    - The heads are hard to swap for the same reason, plus the figure's spikes dig into your palms when you try to push on a new head.
    - Hands are easy to swap.
    - Seriously, this figure is amaze-balls. When this wave was announced I was more excited for Jaga and Cheetara, but I think Slithe will be the winner of the wave.
    - The figure appears to have a very slight, intentional shine to the skin portions, giving Slithe's skin a reptilian look. It's a nice touch. Otherwise, these figures avoid the waxy shine of some of Super7's previous Ultimates figures.

    CAPTAIN CRACKER
    - For a figure that absolutely didn't deserve to be released so early in the line, he's well sculpted. He does look VERY cartoony, though. Closer to a Club Grayskull figure than a MOTUC figure.
    - Balancing either of the Polly figures on Cracker's arm requires sticky tak, which is a shame. I think they should've put more effort to make sure the birds' feet could clip onto Cracker's arm solidly. Edited to add: I'm an idiot. Both versions of Polly have a peg that fits into Cracker's shoulder.
    - His peg leg makes him hard to balance.
    - Hands and heads are easy to swap.
    Quote Originally Posted by Thrawn29 View Post
    I haven't received my Captain Cracker yet (ordered from Super 7 directly).

    I did receive my extra Slithe I ordered from BBTS.

    I'm still processing how I feel about the figure. With MOTUC, TMNT Ultimates, and any toyline really it can take time to really process where a figure ranks in your "Best of Lists" or "Favorites".

    There were several surprise figures that would become my favorite and new figures I thought were my favorites would slip down my list a few spots.

    I don't think I've bought a lot of figures this year, at least nothing that has specifically jumped out at me. A lot of what I loved I received late 2020.

    Slithe is in my top contenders for my favorite figure of the year.

    I'm a fan of Thunder Cats, I enjoy the original series (I own it on DVD), I have a few of my original toys, but I'm not a huge fan like some. For toys I'm definitely MOTU and TMNT.

    I'm cherry picking Super 7's Ultimates Thundercats line. I'm in for almost all the bad guys though.

    --------------

    I do consider myself a fan of Thundercats, but a casual one and as a casual fan of Thundercats here are my thoughts.

    Pros:

    This Slithe has an amazing sculpt. He looks like he stepped right off the tv screen. The 4H are very overrated but when they want to bring it they still can. They brought it here.

    Every little wrinkle under the chin, the sculpted spots, the short stocky calves, the expressive alternate head...it's eerie how much I can see and hear the cartoon and those old record books from my childhood.

    The two alternate heads are great, but instead of an neutral expression I would have preferred a snarling head.

    The weapons are great. I love the toy axe with the gnarled handle and the jagged blade.

    The articulation is fairly functional for what we get. It's also what I expected. It's 4H standard which is just industry minimum standards, good but not great.

    The colors on this guy are great. I love the vivid green. I think the yellow belt a lot of fans are upset about provides a nice contrast. I like it.

    Cons:

    I want an alt pair of fists. I'm not sure why those weren't included.

    I hate the single cut tail. That's the Four Horsemen Special. MOTUC Whiplash, Rattlor, Draego Man, Lizard Man all have a single tail cut or none at all. Super 7's TMNT Ultimates Leatherhead has a single cut as well.

    I don't understand why they can't use a segmented system like Neca uses for their Godzilla figures or at minimum a ball joint.

    But if given the choice, I'd rather a single cut than bendy wire.

    My Slithe's left gripping hand has some very bad paint in the palm. Not a big deal since he'd be holding something in that hand and I intend on using the open palm hand anyway.

    The engineering on the harness sucks. It rides up in the back quite easily exposing the unpainted black crotch piece. Again, not huge deal since it can be adjusted and the figure will be viewed from the front, but that's a problem.

    Also, to my eyes I don't think the skin tone on the hands match the skin tone of the forearms. The hands look darker to me. I don't know if that's just a me thing? It's doesn't bother me all that much, but I noted it.

    ----------

    All that said, I love this figure. I'm a villain guy, and I love scaly reptile characters. On top of that, I never consciously made the connection until Veebs at the Fwoosh pointed it out, but Slithe definitely has a goblin/orc influence from the Rankin and Bass Hobbit/ROTK cartoons. Those two cartoons are two of my all time favorite animated movies, and the goblin/orc design has always been one of my favorite animated designs.

    I have some issues with Slithe but they're nitpicks.

    I have no idea how anyone could hate this figure. As a casual fan I don't care about the yellow belt, I don't care about the bluish color they chose for the underbelly, this looks like Slithe to me.

    He could end up being my favorite figure of the year, I'm not sure. I do really love Super 7's Rocksteady and Mafex's AOA Magneto. As of right now it would be between those three. If Super 7 is able to get TMNT Wave 4 out before the year's end Donatello might take my #1 slot, but we'll see. I need to spend some more time with Slithe, before I can decide.
    Nice review guys.
    It's always a pleasure to read your thoughts about so I can check it mine when it arrives.

    Sent from my vivo 1718 using Tapatalk
    By the power of Grayskull!!!!

  15. #2590
    Heroic Warrior depp76's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2014
    Location
    Mexico
    Posts
    1,704
    Quote Originally Posted by Baedal View Post
    At this point I'm starting to hate Super7.

    http://imgfz.com/i/R9O0U8V.jpeg
    Yep. There's that weird shiny translucent looking skin, and that nose looks horrendous. His whole head and face looks completely different and utterly wrong.

  16. #2591
    President of Primus Ornclown's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2010
    Location
    The Tri-Solar System
    Posts
    8,356
    Quote Originally Posted by Baedal View Post
    At this point I'm starting to hate Super7.

    http://imgfz.com/i/R9O0U8V.jpeg
    Seriously!

    Jaga went from wise elder.... to.... circus clown???



    Arggghhh! Super 7!!!
    We need the POWER of the GOOD and the WAY of the MAGIC !!!

    **Staunch FILMation lover!!! **** Uber NEW ADVENTURES Fan!!!**

    >>Glad supporter of the Netflix Era<<

  17. #2592
    Heroic Warrior KingRandorFacepalm's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2015
    Location
    California
    Posts
    861
    I wasn't thrilled with the prototype when it first showed at Power-Con before Mattel pulled the plug. But this does look a bit worse. It's hard as the final always differs from the painted prototype. Still, I've been hoping for a Jaga home run for years. Maybe it will look better in hand. (I feel as though they usually do.)


    Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    "Anybody want to buy a used bolo?"

  18. #2593
    Heroic Warrior Riddle of Steel's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2009
    Location
    PA
    Posts
    2,037
    Quote Originally Posted by KingRandorFacepalm View Post
    It's hard as the final always differs from the painted prototype.
    But it shouldn't look that different from a standpoint of quality which is easily fixable, but with Super 7 it ALWAYS does. I don't know, and perhaps it's because I don't follow a whole hell of a lot of toy lines, but I can't recall this amount of lackluster routine inconsistency from any other toy line from prototype to final product in recent years.

    At this point I don't even care any more as they obviously don't either by what they're giving us, but I SINCERELY hope they go out of business and rid the toy industry of their presence.

    - - - Updated - - -

    Quote Originally Posted by depp76 View Post
    Yep. There's that weird shiny translucent looking skin, and that nose looks horrendous. His whole head and face looks completely different and utterly wrong.
    They REFUSE to paint the faces and routinely opt for the shortcut. Just cast the head in that waxy plastic for that good ol' candle like look and paint around it. Well folks, that's what you get when you do that and your plastics are sub-par. Lucky us yet AGAIN huh....

  19. #2594
    Heroic Warrior Baedal's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2016
    Posts
    462
    Quote Originally Posted by Ornclown View Post
    Seriously!

    Jaga went from wise elder.... to.... circus clown???

    https://www1.pictures.livingly.com/mp/GebG--JKgw_l.jpg

    Arggghhh! Super 7!!!
    The paint app is inconsistent on all 3 faces, a mess.
    The payoff for the 6-year wait is disappointing, here they can't blame the Mattel factory.


  20. #2595
    President of Primus Ornclown's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2010
    Location
    The Tri-Solar System
    Posts
    8,356
    I cancelled my Jaga from BBTS... he just looks ridiculous in that clown makeup, IMO. $50USD is way too steep for this kind of quality...

    Fingers crossed for a Spirit of Jaga figure sometime later... and with actual QC.
    We need the POWER of the GOOD and the WAY of the MAGIC !!!

    **Staunch FILMation lover!!! **** Uber NEW ADVENTURES Fan!!!**

    >>Glad supporter of the Netflix Era<<

  21. #2596
    Master of Hosting Events! JohnnyC's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2001
    Location
    Orlando, FL
    Posts
    2,043
    Received Jaga today.... It's not an awful figure, the sculpt is nice... except for the face. I really wish we had gotten the original Mattel face we were shown. If you stand back far enough it's not so bad. Hate to say it, but they bungled this one up. No more Thundercats for me. Which is good, I have GOT to stop spending so much money. I just made a childhood dream come true and bought a DeLorean, so most of my spending is going towards that.

    -Johnny C

  22. #2597
    President of Primus Ornclown's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2010
    Location
    The Tri-Solar System
    Posts
    8,356
    Quote Originally Posted by JohnnyC View Post
    Received Jaga today.... If you stand back far enough it's not so bad.
    This is not what you want to say after dropping $50 on a figure... $10? Maybe. But certainly not half a Benjamin...




    Congrats on the DeLorean!!!
    We need the POWER of the GOOD and the WAY of the MAGIC !!!

    **Staunch FILMation lover!!! **** Uber NEW ADVENTURES Fan!!!**

    >>Glad supporter of the Netflix Era<<

  23. #2598
    Master of Hosting Events! JohnnyC's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2001
    Location
    Orlando, FL
    Posts
    2,043
    Quote Originally Posted by Ornclown View Post
    This is not what you want to say after dropping $50 on a figure... $10? Maybe. But certainly not half a Benjamin...




    Congrats on the DeLorean!!!
    Agreed.... I always wanted the vintage figure but the prices on that one now are insane... So I settled for 50 bucks, clown makeup and all.

    And thank you!! Might have been crazy to buy the car, but I'm simply ecstatic about it!

    -Johnny C

  24. #2599
    Liberty, justice, peace. The All American's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2010
    Location
    Baltimore, MD
    Posts
    3,858
    I just received my Jaga, Slithe, and Captain Cracker from BBTS today. I think these figures turned out beautifully.

    Jaga looks great to me! I don't get any clown vibes like others do. I might even order an extra as he has three heads.

    Captain Cracker is very cartoony looking, but that's what was shown. I wish he looked a bit less animated, but I'm happy with him.

    Slithe is amazing! Bulky/heavy as heck. Great detail. Wow! Just wow! I've wanted a Slithe since I was 3 years old.

    After nearly five years, we finally have new ThunderCats characters in this style. I'm quite overjoyed to say the least.


    Quote Originally Posted by JohnnyC View Post
    I just made a childhood dream come true and bought a DeLorean, so most of my spending is going towards that.

    -Johnny C
    You bought the real thing?

    I got one years ago, for a dollar: https://hotwheels.fandom.com/wiki/%2781_DeLorean_DMC-12

  25. #2600
    Heroic Warrior King Kahn's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2001
    Location
    nashville, tn
    Posts
    6,494
    Quote Originally Posted by JohnnyC View Post
    Received Jaga today.... It's not an awful figure, the sculpt is nice... except for the face. I really wish we had gotten the original Mattel face we were shown. If you stand back far enough it's not so bad. Hate to say it, but they bungled this one up. No more Thundercats for me. Which is good, I have GOT to stop spending so much money. I just made a childhood dream come true and bought a DeLorean, so most of my spending is going towards that.

    -Johnny C
    I got Jaga and Slythe today and love them both. Slythe is a HUGE beefy boy and def the winner but I honestly don't see the same issues others do here with him.
    cogito ergo doleo

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •