Page 79 of 90 FirstFirst ... 2969777879808189 ... LastLast
Results 1,951 to 1,975 of 2231

Thread: Modern ThunderCats Toys Thread (2)

Quote Originally Posted by Ornclown View Post
    Now there's talk of Super 7 doing Ultimates of BraveStarr, Thundarr and Blackstar!!
    I love the Bravestarr cartoon and toys. I still have all my original figures. As much as I don't want buying Super 7 products (rip off prices, delivery delays and poor quality control) , if they actually made Bravestarr figures I would have to buy them. Although I would prefer any other company to be making them rather than Super 7. Also I would really like Filmation cartoon style Bravestarr figures. The vintage figures are cool but I always wished they looked more like the cartoon.

Heroic Warrior
    Bravestarr always seemed like a no-brainer for S7 to do, so I wouldn't be surprised at all if they announced it. And defnitely a must-buy for me. If it weren't for the 12months+x turn-around time... and the hat probably won't fit on the figure in the end.

Quote Originally Posted by Lasastard View Post
    Bravestarr always seemed like a no-brainer for S7 to do, so I wouldn't be surprised at all if they announced it. And defnitely a must-buy for me. If it weren't for the 12months+x turn-around time... and the hat probably won't fit on the figure in the end.
    I also hope they down use that awful MOTUC buck for all the figures like they are basically doing with Thundercats. The vintage Mattel figures (Bravestarr, Tex Hex and Thunderstick) all had the same basic bodies. But on the cartoon they were completely different to one another.

Heroic Warrior
    Not sure any of those 3 would be must buys for me but I'm interested in seeing what S7 does. What I'd really like is for them to get the license to the animated movie Fire & Ice.

Heroic Warrior
    Quote Originally Posted by Mark M View Post
    I also hope they down use that awful MOTUC buck for all the figures like they are basically doing with Thundercats. The vintage Mattel figures (Bravestarr, Tex Hex and Thunderstick) all had the same basic bodies. But on the cartoon they were completely different to one another.
    Pretty sure that buck is here to stay for all their "Ultimate" lines. So far they have given zero indication that they were looking into updating the engineering. More importantly, the buck/construction is a feature that actually ties their various lines together. It cuts down on some of the costs, and creates an incentive for MOTUC collectors to jump onto these new projects.

So I'd be surprised if they came up with a new design in the forseeable future. At least the joints are pin-less now, woohoo!

Pretty sure that buck is here to stay for all their "Ultimate" lines. So far they have given zero indication that they were looking into updating the engineering. More importantly, the buck/construction is a feature that actually ties their various lines together. It cuts down on some of the costs, and creates an incentive for MOTUC collectors to jump onto these new projects.

So I'd be surprised if they came up with a new design in the forseeable future. At least the joints are pin-less now, woohoo!
    Pinless joints are nice. Hopefully their quality control improved so there is no more mistakes like on Jaclalman or swapping limbs will be very difficult.

I wish any company would make some Filmation Freedom Force figures.

Heroic Warrior

Agreed. If not for that buck I wouldn't attempt to jump on board.

Sent from my SPH-L720T using Tapatalk

Heroic Warrior
    Where is this talk happening? I've been hoping for a bravestarr for years. I'll go broke if they do that and do it justice.

Heroic Warrior
    The only thing I have heard was in an interview sometime during 2020 where BF was asked about other properties they were planning to work on, including Bravestarr, and he very obviously dodged the question (don't ask me for a link...).

That is by no means a confirmation, but as I said above, it just seems so obvious for them to do this. However, I would think that Bravestarr probably attracts an even smaller crowd than Thundercats - so I am not sure how much this would factor into their decision-making. Realistically, a line like that is maybe good for 4 waves of four figures until you have to turn to obscure characters that only the most die-hard fans remember.

The only thing I have heard was in an interview sometime during 2020 where BF was asked about other properties they were planning to work on, including Bravestarr, and he very obviously dodged the question (don't ask me for a link...).

That is by no means a confirmation, but as I said above, it just seems so obvious for them to do this. However, I would think that Bravestarr probably attracts an even smaller crowd than Thundercats - so I am not sure how much this would factor into their decision-making. Realistically, a line like that is maybe good for 4 waves of four figures until you have to turn to obscure characters that only the most die-hard fans remember.
    The vintage line had: Bravestarr, 30/30, Fuzz, Handlebar, Tex Hex, Thunderstick, Scuzz, Sandstorm.
    The planned second wave was: Judge J.B., Longarm John, Dingo Dan

Aside from those figures the only others I can think of worth making would be: Shaman, Vipra, Cactus Head, Hawgtie, Jingles Morgan

Some Galaxy Rangers would also be very cool. Again though not many figures, just about 12-14 worth making being generous.

Heroic Warrior
    Quote Originally Posted by Ornclown View Post
    Now there's talk of Super 7 doing Ultimates of BraveStarr, Thundarr and Blackstar!!
    Oohhh I would definitely want the core 3 from Thundarr and Blackstar, Overlord, and Warlock the dragon. Nothing I would go 'all in' for... but I definitely want the baseline core from those. BraveStarr I used to love... but never had the toys and wouldn't start now. But Blackstarr and Thundarr... ohhh yeah, I'd get a few of those!

Quote Originally Posted by Wakko View Post
    Brian Flynn did an interview with ThunderCats.org that was posted yesterday. Flynn hinted at a big item to be revealed soon and shortly thereafter a clip of the Thundertank was shared. Could it be?!

Also, this was news to me -- Super7 has Silverhawks merchandise on their site. Glasses, shirts, etc. When asked about figures, Flynn said it would be silly for them to have the license and not do figures. Hello! I would love Silverhawks Ultimates figures. I'm sure other ThunderCats fans agree, as the two properties kinda go hand-in-hand.
    Silverhawks and Thundercats really go hand in hand. Agree.

Sent from my vivo 1718 using Tapatalk
    By the power of Grayskull!!!!

Super7 just teased a rendering of the Thundertank on Twitter.

EslvpwtWMAIEnkK.jpg
    Check out my on-going project: THE UNOFFICIAL MASTERS OF THE UNIVERSE CLASSICS COMPLETE COLLECTION GUIDE
    Featuring photos, bios, accessories, release dates, and trivia for every figure, beast, vehicle and playset released in Masters of the Universe Classics!

Heroic Warrior
    I was wondering if they would perphaps do Catslair instead - but this makes a lot more sense (lower price, more sales probably - fewer potential buyers for anything large "Thundercats" as opposed to Snake Mountain and the army of MOTUC collectors).

Will be interesting to see if they do it to full scale as shown on the show (seating 2+4 figures at least) - and what the price tag will be. I am guessing 299$.

I love Thundercats, Blackstar and Bravestarr, but I never got to check out Silverhawks for some unknown reason. I only recently heard about the link between the 'Cats and the 'Hawks. I'll have to check them out.

Ultimates Thundertank pre-order launches Tuesday, 2/2. Price not yet announced.
    Check out my on-going project: THE UNOFFICIAL MASTERS OF THE UNIVERSE CLASSICS COMPLETE COLLECTION GUIDE
    Featuring photos, bios, accessories, release dates, and trivia for every figure, beast, vehicle and playset released in Masters of the Universe Classics!

Ok, so better dimensions than the LJN but no way the other figures can fit in the rear compartment. This price point should be interesting. I wonder what will be ‘ultimate’ about it, if anything, or will it just be ‘scaled for ultimates’.
    Anyway, gotta go sell more plasma.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

https://pbs.twimg.com/media/EsnJpUDX...pg&name=medium

Oh, man... why did you have to go and post this pic?!?

Now, more of my childhood memories are flooding the central core of my nostalgia zone!!

Even in a mock-up, this thing looks incredibly cool! Especially with Lion-O standing on it ready for combat!

We need the POWER of the GOOD and the WAY of the MAGIC !!!

**Staunch FILMation lover!!! **** Uber NEW ADVENTURES Fan!!!**
    Waiting for more William Stout characters!!!

Heroic Warrior
    That looks pretty cool, I have to say!

Not really full scale, as expected tho Wishlist-Wednesday-Mattel-Thundercats-Classics-6-inch-Scale-Thundertank-Vehicle-4.jpg

The driver's head would have to fit into the cabine entirely, in the S7 model it sticks out. It should have an alt-mode with the cabin roof closed as well, doesn't seem possible with the current design. I also suspect that even if the driver's position is elevated, that the figures could not sit on chairs in the back. This all assumes that Panthro is actually sitting and not half-standing, to be fair.

Still very nice, and creates some serious questions about where I would even put this...
    Last edited by Lasastard; January 26, 2021 at 02:41am.

In Stereo Where Available Dynamo of Eternia's Avatar
    I also suspect that even if the driver's position is elevated, that the figures could not sit on chairs in the back. This all assumes that Panthro is actually sitting and not half-standing, to be fair.
    Well, if he is sitting, then the seats for the front are likely raised up pretty high, most likely to accommodate the mouth on the front of the tank.

If the floor of the back section is as low as the bottom of the mouth on the front, then it might be possible to get figures in a sitting position in the back and still close the doors.

Pretty cool, but I will probably pass on this one.

Now if they crank out a TMNT Party Wagon...
    MOTUC Most Wanted: Skeleteen, Prince Keldor, Captain Randor, The Great Black Wizard, Lady Slither, Spirit, Tuvar, Baddra, Cursed Marzo, Tug-O-War, Scrollos, Songster, Mini-Comics Spirit of Castle Grayskull, and for the love of the Sorceress and Julie Winston, ODIPHUS!!!

Instagram: Just_Thommy

https://pbs.twimg.com/media/EsnJpUDX...pg&name=medium

They can’t even show the customers that they can actually get two waves out to us yet, and they want us to pay for the Tank now?

This is reaching full parody at this point. Wave 2 is going to be allegedly released 1.5 years after it was announced, wave 3 may arrive before it....this is ridiculous.

No problem getting out random repaints. No problem getting out a special glow in the dark figure. No problem getting out the TMNT Ultimates; which they acquired and announced AFTER they got ThunderCats. But the actual waves and correction packs are months late.

Heroic Warrior
    I just noticed that the details on the front of the tank were drawn in by hand with a sharpie (there is slight wobble in the lines like you would expect from something being drawn rather than printed). I really really hope they have something better to show for the pre-order, especially given the price tag this thing will have attached to it.

Heroic Warrior Granamyr's Helmet's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by phantom1592 View Post
    But Blackstarr and Thundarr... ohhh yeah, I'd get a few of those!
    That's exactly where I'm at! Would love to see this happen.

Wave one replacement parts have started showing up in Europe...