Page 171 of 171 FirstFirst ... 71121161169170171
Results 4,251 to 4,273 of 4273

Thread: Modern ThunderCats Toys Thread (2)

Heroic Warrior
    Was doing a quick write up of the new wave and whabr I thought but it got erased lol. Haven't had the chance to redo it. So just wanted to say the grappling hook claw is Bendy. Reviewers are leaving that out.

Sent from my SM-A326U using Tapatalk

Widget
    Finally finished tweaking my Monkian!

I've repainted the whole figure, because his colors were way too far from what I remembered from the cartoon. His chest should be gray and the rest of his skin should be more of a milk coffee tone, which was really hard to get right - I had to redo the paint a dozen times! Also, the straps of his uniform should be of a different color. I drybrushed his weapon and added some brown shading to the gold of his shield.

I've also resculpted a little bit of the helmet details above the eyes, which were too large, and shaved a bit of his "beard" to expose more skin around his lower jaw. Those two things were really bothering me since I've first seen the prototype, and now I'm really happy with it!

Comparing with the stock figure:

Quote Originally Posted by kurtwagner View Post
    Looks fantastic!
    “It is a capital mistake to theorize before one has data. Insensibly one begins to twist facts to suit theories, instead of theories to suit facts.”

I received my Wave 5 figures today and they're great. Easily the best wave Super 7 has produced and Waves 3 and 4 were very good too (the figures I cherry picked anyway).

Vultureman: Finally completes the core mutants. He's not a character I love, but I like him. I do still have my vintage Vultureman.

He's a hair too tall, but it's negligible.

The claw on his calf that's supposed to be on his heel is weird, but it's the 4 Horsemen and they always do stupid stuff like that. MOTUC was riddled with idiotic desicions.

Vultureman's articulation is quite good. The ball jointed torso and head combine quite nicely to enable some hunched over poses.

His two headsculpts are very nice and his accessories are great.

I really like this figure. He has a lot of personality and play value.

He is a little top heavy so I'd recommed a stand.

Mirror/Red Lion-O: This figure is awesome! Lion-O is an iconic design and this is that just red.

This figure works for me like Faker, Slime Pit, and Anti-Eternia He-Man work for He-Man.

I dunno I dig it. I put the angry head and claw shield fist on mine and he's ready to go.

The Sword of Omens is actually a new sculpt from the Mattel version, it has a thinner blade and a new hilt and handle.

I like the new pinless joints.

This is the first Lion-O I have bought from Super 7, I only have the old Mattel one.

I love the evil red doppelganger look of this figure.

Hammerhand: This figure is sick. I don't like robots or cyborgs as a general rule - with some exeptions - but I loved the S7 Captain Cracker and I always kind of liked Hammerhand as a kid.

I was looking forward to this guy and he did not dissappoint.

The QC and paint on my figure is fine. All his joints move well and he feels sturdy.

The accessories he comes with add immense play value and display options.

The two headsculpts are great. The bags of money and the gun are great.

The extra cyborg fist hand is unecessary, so S7 including it is very much appreciated. The fingers are bent in a way you can't achieve with the poseable hand.

Speaking of which, you can move each finger individually.

The boxy construction if the Cyborg arm reminds me of S7's Optimus Prime. It feels goid to pose - the ball jointed shoulder, the 360 bicep and separate wrist swivel are a lot of fun.

I love the oversized left boot, the skull belt, and the yellow and black colorscheme.

He does have an upper torso swivel but the functionality is minimal.

Awesome figure and totally worth the wait.

He looks great with Captain Cracker and Trap Jaw.

Bengali: Finally my favorite Thundercat is here. It's all down to the color scheme and design. I like tigers, especially white tigers. I love Bengali's Tygra design and then it's all white and shades of blue. It works for me.

My figure has great QC - paint and articulation.

I love the diorama pieces he comes with - the anvil, the chunk of ore, the red hot Sword of Omens, the alt head and hands.

Bengali met and exceeded my expectations. I love this figure.

--------

Honestly this wave felt like a homerun by Super 7.

Slithe, Bengali, Hamnerhand, Captain Cracker, Monkian, Snowman, and Vultureman stand up to the very best MOTUC had to offer in my opinion.

I'm very happy to gave these guys in my collection.

I've repainted the whole figure, because his colors were way too far from what I remembered from the cartoon. His chest should be gray and the rest of his skin should be more of a milk coffee tone, which was really hard to get right - I had to redo the paint a dozen times! Also, the straps of his uniform should be of a different color. I drybrushed his weapon and added some brown shading to the gold of his shield.

I've also resculpted a little bit of the helmet details above the eyes, which were too large, and shaved a bit of his "beard" to expose more skin around his lower jaw. Those two things were really bothering me since I've first seen the prototype, and now I'm really happy with it!
    Nice work!

All of these details are amazing... I really like Monkian and think that Super 7 did his character justice.

I hope the attention to detail can someday be applied to newly sculpted versions of Panthro, Lion-O, Jackalman, Wily-Kit & Wily-Kat...
    We need the POWER of the GOOD and the WAY of the MAGIC !!!

**Staunch FILMation lover!!! **** Uber NEW ADVENTURES Fan!!!**

>>Glad supporter of the Netflix Era<<

You really took that Monkian figure to a new level of detail with your tweaks. Amazing work!

It doesn't even look like the same figure!

That's an incredible job.

https://i.imgur.com/IqmORz7.jpg

https://i.imgur.com/l8kNjjh.jpg

https://i.imgur.com/ENZ8WDH.jpg

https://i.imgur.com/rre1qV9.jpg
    Thanks. You just ruined my Monkian figure for me.

Check out my on-going project: THE UNOFFICIAL MASTERS OF THE UNIVERSE CLASSICS COMPLETE COLLECTION GUIDE
    Featuring photos, bios, accessories, release dates, and trivia for every figure, beast, vehicle and playset released in Masters of the Universe Classics!

Widget
    Thanks, everyone!

Quote Originally Posted by Wakko View Post
    Thanks. You just ruined my Monkian figure for me.

Best. Compliment. EVER.

My Cheetara and Bengali figures have arrived! I didn't check out all of the accessories, but from what I have looked at so far the quality control and paint apps are fairly good.

I feel Bengali's legs seem somewhat short though. (By the way I have no idea if his hammer is supposed to go there on his waist, hahah)

My daughter asked me how come Cheetara didn't look as good as the one I showed her (a picture of the prototype). I said because it was a prototype, and sometimes products don't turn out as nice as we hope them to.

Court Magician
    Anyone know the best way to fix a loose ab crunch on my Ultimates Lion-O?

Sent from my moto g stylus using Tapatalk

Widget
    Quote Originally Posted by Jesse View Post
    My best bet would be to use the superglue trick on the sides of the ab crunch, where the axis of movement is. Pour some superglue and start moving that articulation like crazy until it dries.

Alternatively, you can try to put a small part of some thick paper, like a meeting card or something on the sides of the ab crunch and see if that generates enough friction.

Heroic Warrior
    Quote Originally Posted by Jesse View Post

Sent from my moto g stylus using Tapatalk
    Get a bottle of floor polish. Look on YouTube for fixing loose joints on a action figure . Something should pop up.

Just don't but that stuff you see people buying. It's a small bottle with a needle nose tip and is like 10 bucks. The dude is selling floor polish in a small bottle for the price of a huge bottle of floor polish lol. Anyway. That's the best way to fix this without ruining your figure.
    https://youtu.be/lN9pPQauvwI

Heroic Warrior
    Quote Originally Posted by unclassified View Post
    Get a bottle of floor polish. Look on YouTube for fixing loose joints on a action figure . Something should pop up.

Just don't but that stuff you see people buying. It's a small bottle with a needle nose tip and is like 10 bucks. The dude is selling floor polish in a small bottle for the price of a huge bottle of floor polish lol. Anyway. That's the best way to fix this without ruining your figure.
    https://youtu.be/lN9pPQauvwI

I second floor polish.

It washes off with hot water so you aren't permanently altering your figure.

Superglue may make a joint too tight and stress the plastic whereas floor polish will scrape off if there's excess.

Heroic Warrior
    Slowly going through the process of removing the accessories from their boxes and placing them in a large ziplock bag, getting rid of the boxes in the process. With all of these empty ultimates boxes, it was starting to look a little hoarders-ish.

Heroic Warrior
    Quote Originally Posted by Dcr4 View Post
    Slowly going through the process of removing the accessories from their boxes and placing them in a large ziplock bag, getting rid of the boxes in the process. With all of these empty ultimates boxes, it was starting to look a little hoarders-ish.
    Seriously. I'm also thinking of canning the boxes. Only boxes I keep are from motuc and ultimates. But my attic is filled.

I still have all of my boxes as well... ugh.

What a freakin' waste of materials!

I was thinking of cutting out the back of the box, for the image, and tossing the rest. A stack of thin cardstock takes up a lot less room, lol

Heroic Warrior
    Quote Originally Posted by Ornclown View Post
    I still have all of my boxes as well... ugh.

What a freakin' waste of materials!

I was thinking of cutting out the back of the box, for the image, and tossing the rest. A stack of thin cardstock takes up a lot less room, lol
    Lol true. But if I go that far I might as well just toss it all and close my eyes and nit think about it. I just worry about the future if I wanted to display them or sell them complete.

Heroic Warrior Grayskull Guardsman's Avatar
    Is there supposed to be a NYCC Tcats figure?

Quote Originally Posted by Grayskull Guardsman View Post
    Is there supposed to be a NYCC Tcats figure?
    The Translucent Tygra would have been a good choice for NYCC, but it is actually a BBTS exclusive...

I doubt there will be anything TC related, but maybe Translucent Jaga?

Or, a glow-in-the-dark something... (Super 7 loves their GITD stuff.)

Quote Originally Posted by Ornclown View Post
    The Translucent Tygra would have been a good choice for NYCC, but it is actually a BBTS exclusive...

I doubt there will be anything TC related, but maybe Translucent Jaga?

Or, a glow-in-the-dark something... (Super 7 loves their GITD stuff.)
    They are doing a Glow in the Dark Muckman. It would be better if they would concentrate more on making tighter joints instead of glow in the dark products.

Heroic Warrior
    There is supposed to be a TC reveal around this time....assuming its nycc related. IIRC, Brian had said earlier in the year that there were 2 one-off reveals this year, with one of them being an instant purchase (frozen Lion-O) and the other being a preorder. Does that ring a bell with anyone else?

Quote Originally Posted by Dcr4 View Post
    There is supposed to be a TC reveal around this time....assuming its nycc related. IIRC, Brian had said earlier in the year that there were 2 one-off reveals this year, with one of them being an instant purchase (frozen Lion-O) and the other being a preorder. Does that ring a bell with anyone else?
    That sounds right.

At one point I remember reading a rumor that a jumbo sized Snarf was coming.
    Check out my on-going project: THE UNOFFICIAL MASTERS OF THE UNIVERSE CLASSICS COMPLETE COLLECTION GUIDE
    Featuring photos, bios, accessories, release dates, and trivia for every figure, beast, vehicle and playset released in Masters of the Universe Classics!