Page 96 of 97 FirstFirst ... 468694959697 LastLast
Results 2,376 to 2,400 of 2416

Thread: Modern ThunderCats Toys Thread (2)

Quote Originally Posted by Durendal View Post
    Regular human characters just don't make very interesting action figures.
    I agree with you but I’m a big fan of Safari Joe.

Quote Originally Posted by Magna Prime View Post
    Surprised there's no talk about the fwooshcast interview Bryan did. Started with thundercats. Talked about everything else. Hey notes at what I believe is going to be Indiana jones
    My (likely wrong) guess is that the mystery license is Spaceballs. But I just want to memorialize it on the off chance Iím right.

Liberty, justice, peace. The All American's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Timpopkid View Post
    My (likely wrong) guess is that the mystery license is Spaceballs. But I just want to memorialize it on the off chance Iím right.
    I like that, good guess. Been wanting Spaceballs toys since I saw Lord Helmet play with them in his office, lol.

This speculation deserves its own thread!

Quote Originally Posted by Timpopkid View Post
    My (likely wrong) guess is that the mystery license is Spaceballs. But I just want to memorialize it on the off chance I’m right.
    If I remember correctly George Lucas saw to it that no Spaceballs toys could ever be made.

Heroic Warrior
    My understanding was that Mel Brooks agreed NOT make them. Afraid they'd be confused for Star Wars figures.

Quote Originally Posted by Stinkor View Post
    If I remember correctly George Lucas saw to it that no Spaceballs toys could ever be made.

Quote Originally Posted by Stinkor View Post
    I agree with you but Iím a big fan of Safari Joe.
    Safari Joe was awesome.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Durendal View Post
    Regular human characters just don't make very interesting action figures.
    I'm not sure on that. I think the biggest problem with Indiana Jones overall is the time period and clothing of the characters which just honestly for most of them was pretty boring looking.

Quote Originally Posted by midor View Post
    My understanding was that Mel Brooks agreed NOT make them. Afraid they'd be confused for Star Wars figures.
    Correct. That's been the story for years. There was some sort of gentlemens' agreement between the two over merchandising related to the film. Mel agreed not to do any, without permission from George, if George would allow him to make the movie. I believe it's mentioned on one of the DVD/BR releases and was also in the AMC Story Notes version of Spaceballs that they aired years ago.

Now back to Thundercats!!!

**cricket chirps***

So, any news from Super7? What happen?
    The wait never ends, we are literally stucking since 2016, this is a bad joke.

Quote Originally Posted by Baedal View Post
    But wait!! On Super 7's social media accounts they posted breaking news about............. Silverhawks.

Poor ThunderCats... it seems to me that their lot in life is to never be treated with any respect. So many licenses were announced around the same time, and so far we've gotten TMNT waves 1 and 2, Toxic Crusader (and his variants), Conan comic version, Conan wave 1, Conan Iconic Movie pose, New Japan Pro-Wrestling wave 1, a ludicrous amount of ReAction figures, and......... re-re-releases of Mattel ThunderCat figures...
    We need the POWER of the GOOD and the WAY of the MAGIC !!!

**Staunch FILMation lover!!! **** Uber NEW ADVENTURES Fan!!!**

>>Glad supporter of the Netflix Era<<

Quote Originally Posted by Ornclown View Post
    But wait!! On Super 7's social media accounts they posted breaking news about............. Silverhawks.

Poor ThunderCats... it seems to me that their lot in life is to never be treated with any respect. So many licenses were announced around the same time, and so far we've gotten TMNT waves 1 and 2, Toxic Crusader (and his variants), Conan comic version, Conan wave 1, Conan Iconic Movie pose, New Japan Pro-Wrestling wave 1, a ludicrous amount of ReAction figures, and......... re-re-releases of Mattel ThunderCat figures...
    Those were all done at their factory. S7 screwed themselves over by thinking the Mattel factory would be the ideal place to produce TC just cause they did the Mattel figures also.

I know it sucks but hopefully everything will get back on schedule soon. Please...pretty please S7. I still want to get the main cast at the very least.

Having the wave 1 booster pack on hand, this set is a real treat. Panthro's GITD head is the best piece in this free set, plus all those nicely painted guns will be perfect accessories for the other mutants too.

Sent from my vivo 1718 using Tapatalk
    By the power of Grayskull!!!!

And 2x Voltrons and an Andre the Giant.

I wonder when they are sending out the booster packs for NJPW wave 1 with the correctly painted hands.

Heroic Warrior
    I ended up selling my booster pack for about $30. So if I factor that into what I paid for Lion-O and Panthro, it comes out to about $35 a figure for me.

Quote Originally Posted by Dcr4 View Post
    I ended up selling my booster pack for about $30. So if I factor that into what I paid for Lion-O and Panthro, it comes out to about $35 a figure for me.
    Nice savings. Personally I cannot let go of this pack, I consider it part of the whole wave 1. Glad you found some value to yours.

Sent from my vivo 1718 using Tapatalk
    By the power of Grayskull!!!!

Quote Originally Posted by Baedal View Post
    Maybe they'll announce a $10K Cats Lair before we hear anything else about the waves supposedly in production.

Someone made a pretty funny meme about all of this. Canít be posted here though. Lol

It's finally happening (maybe)
    Screenshot 2021-06-11 at 5.00.03 PM.jpg

Heroic Warrior
    Who has money on them also shipping a buttload of spirit jaga figures that will appear as exclusives in time for nytf?

Quote Originally Posted by anti_climacus View Post
    It's finally happening (maybe)
    Screenshot 2021-06-11 at 5.00.03 PM.jpg
    So we'll get wave 3 in September and wave 2 in October. Got it.

Heroic Warrior
    Quote Originally Posted by Stratos88 View Post
    So we'll get wave 3 in September and wave 2 in October. Got it.
    I was hoping for August & September but your statement probably more reality. Especially for me since I ordered from BBTS. Oh well, as least itís is some type of newsÖ

Quote Originally Posted by Magna Prime View Post
    Who has money on them also shipping a buttload of spirit jaga figures that will appear as exclusives in time for nytf?
    Oh yeah. 100% they will be making that figure. They do a variant of every wave of figures they do.

I also expect a clear Tigra at some point as well.
    cogito ergo doleo

The Jaga that I have on preorder from BBTS will become Spirit Jaga by the time I get him...
    We need the POWER of the GOOD and the WAY of the MAGIC !!!

**Staunch FILMation lover!!! **** Uber NEW ADVENTURES Fan!!!**

>>Glad supporter of the Netflix Era<<

The Jaga that I have on preorder from BBTS will become Spirit Jaga by the time I get him...
    It has probably already happened. The long journey guiding the ship to Third Earth was nothing compared to Super 7 production schedules.

Heroic Warrior
    It has probably already happened. The long journey guiding the ship to Third Earth was nothing compared to Super 7 production schedules.
    Okay that's friggin hilarious

That was funny.