Page 169 of 171 FirstFirst ... 69119159167168169170171 LastLast
Results 4,201 to 4,225 of 4268

Thread: Modern ThunderCats Toys Thread (2)

Heroic Warrior
    I hadnt noticed but just compared frozen lion-o with regular. And yeah, the striations on the back of frozen's shoulders generally match up with the front on the regular release, despite them being different molds.

Quote Originally Posted by Dcr4 View Post
    I hadnt noticed but just compared frozen lion-o with regular. And yeah, the striations on the back of frozen's shoulders generally match up with the front on the regular release, despite them being different molds.
    This was a problem with some of the original motuc releases. I wonder if the new lion-o torso mold somehow messed with the corrections to the pegs that were implemented to prevent reversed shoulders. Looks like the mirror lion-o has reversed shoulders as well. Hopefully doesn't carry over to any new figures.
    Last edited by suckator; August 10, 2022 at 05:01pm.

Heroic Warrior
    Quote Originally Posted by suckator View Post
    This was a problem with some of the original motuc releases. I wonder if the new lion-o torso mold somehow messed with the corrections to the pegs that were implemented to prevent reversed shoulders. Looks like the mirror lion-o has reversed shoulders as well. Hopefully doesn't carry over to any new figures.
    Yeah, i remember that being an issue with NA Skeletor and King Hiss, I think. Ah well, unlike Jackelman's lower legs, there's nothing I can really do about the shoulders. Unless I was willing to crack open the torso, which im not.

Realist. Deal with it. Lord Anubis's Avatar
    Because of corse the shoulders are messed up… just like Grune.

It definitely looks like it effects his stance a bit too… yeah absolutely worth 75 bucks.
    "We are the tools of our own imagination, constructing temples and cathedrals in which our most outlandish dreams become truth." - Samael

I'm assuming this is something new...

https://www.bigbadtoystore.com/Produ...Details/214358

Quote Originally Posted by depp76 View Post

https://www.bigbadtoystore.com/Produ...Details/214358
    WHAT THE WHAT THE?!

I'd prefer "phasing" to "invisible" but yeah, I'll totally buy this.
    Check out my on-going project: THE UNOFFICIAL MASTERS OF THE UNIVERSE CLASSICS COMPLETE COLLECTION GUIDE
    Featuring photos, bios, accessories, release dates, and trivia for every figure, beast, vehicle and playset released in Masters of the Universe Classics!

Motuc Blister Eater OnlyOneSkeletor's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by depp76 View Post
    Nice catch ! I suppose that's the other figure planned to be revealed this same month, Brian spoke about it on the several interviews he took part of. I could have sworn that Spirit Jaga was the one following the SDCC exclusive. Anyways, another LJN variant and we should be satiated with Tygra.
    THIS ONE MAKES YOU WANNA DANCE "Behind The Mask" here: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=E6LeebIUKMo
    More info here: https://www.youtube.com/c/GlenLaroch...lightPromotion

Quote Originally Posted by OnlyOneSkeletor View Post
    Nice catch ! I suppose that's the other figure planned to be revealed this same month, Brian spoke about it on the several interviews he took part of. I could have sworn that Spirit Jaga was the one following the SDCC exclusive. Anyways, another LJN variant and we should be satiated with Tygra.
    In one recent interview, Brian basically said that the demand for Spirit Jaga was strong enough to warrant putting him in a regular wave. So I'm not expecting him to be an exclusive.

Tygra, I expected as an exclusive. I hope the final product looks as sweet as the promo images do.
    Check out my on-going project: THE UNOFFICIAL MASTERS OF THE UNIVERSE CLASSICS COMPLETE COLLECTION GUIDE
    Featuring photos, bios, accessories, release dates, and trivia for every figure, beast, vehicle and playset released in Masters of the Universe Classics!

Motuc Blister Eater OnlyOneSkeletor's Avatar
    Yeah, It would be disappointing if junction materials were too much visible at the surface of the figure for instance.
    Since Super7 seems pretty mindful of such details, especially when it's about their organic type figures (hiding articulations the best as they can etc ...).
    THIS ONE MAKES YOU WANNA DANCE "Behind The Mask" here: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=E6LeebIUKMo
    More info here: https://www.youtube.com/c/GlenLaroch...lightPromotion

Looks like Tygra has the elbow strap on his right arm.

Pre-ordered that Tygra the second I saw it, but not entirely sure I'll follow through. My Thundercats display was set up assuming it'd fit the core figures perfectly between two floating shelves. Only missing the Kittens and it turned out to be fairly accurate so I don't know if this is worth getting if it won't be displayed. Looks cool, though, looking forward to getting a Spirit Jaga.

Does this mean Super7 has the molds to make a corrected Tygra?

Quote Originally Posted by Wakko View Post
    In one recent interview, Brian basically said that the demand for Spirit Jaga was strong enough to warrant putting him in a regular wave. So I'm not expecting him to be an exclusive.

Tygra, I expected as an exclusive. I hope the final product looks as sweet as the promo images do.
    This is actually good news... Spirit Jaga is my personal preferred version, so I am happy that he will be readily available to all.

I will be impressed if Super 7 actually produces a Tygra with transparency as clean / clear as the render... no other toy company has been able to do this without the plastic being extremely brittle.

The Neca Predators would look awesome with that amount of clarity.
    We need the POWER of the GOOD and the WAY of the MAGIC !!!

**Staunch FILMation lover!!! **** Uber NEW ADVENTURES Fan!!!**

>>Glad supporter of the Netflix Era<<

We had a considerable upgrade, finally a properly shaped belt and toy accurate boots.

What happened?

Brian “we don’t have the tooling to make a new Tygra or offer a correct part for the old one” Flynn.
    "We are the tools of our own imagination, constructing temples and cathedrals in which our most outlandish dreams become truth." - Samael

Quote Originally Posted by Baedal View Post
    We had a considerable upgrade, finally a properly shaped belt and toy accurate boots.

What happened?

https://i.ibb.co/7nVF15p/lion-o-toy-version.jpg

I never saw this before!

Now I really, REALLY want those LJN boots!!

Seriously, those were a big part of the vintage figure because they were so unique... If we don't get them, I can never unsee this so I will always be thinking of what could have been...

Quote Originally Posted by Ornclown View Post

I never saw this before!

Now I really, REALLY want those LJN boots!!

Seriously, those were a big part of the vintage figure because they were so unique... If we don't get them, I can never unsee this so I will always be thinking of what could have been...
    I think we also need the standard head in those colors.

Quote Originally Posted by Wakko View Post

I'd prefer "phasing" to "invisible" but yeah, I'll totally buy this.
    Well at least they can't screw up the paint on THIS Tygra.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by suckator View Post
    Looks like Tygra has the elbow strap on his right arm.
    Which means he'll likely not have it once he's released.

I think we also need the standard head in those colors.
    Yes! Agreed 100%

ThunderCats Ultimates! Invisible Tygra BBTS Exclusive

So Glad Super7 has the Thundercats Lic. Looking forward to all they have to offer.

Quote Originally Posted by Lord Anubis View Post
    Brian “we don’t have the tooling to make a new Tygra or offer a correct part for the old one” Flynn.
    Let's hope they have new tooling, Mattel's factory molds are terrible, not only is the elbow pad missing, his knees are also weird, they seem to have rounded them and don't look similar to the other figures, in the render seem to fit correctly.

Let's hope they have new tooling, Mattel's factory molds are terrible, not only is the elbow pad missing, his knees are also weird, they seem to have rounded them and don't look similar to the other figures, in the render seem to fit correctly.
    Absolutely, but when questioned several times he said they cant make a new Tygra any time soon nor could they produce a replacement bicep.. yet here he is. All they had to do was add in a little gummy arm band for the OG Tygra and call it a day.. but its always something about logistics and a factory they don't know, and a Chinese new year and covid and shipping ports or aliens .. always something with this guy. And I actually like the guy but nothing he ever says adds up to facts.

What happened?

https://i.ibb.co/7nVF15p/lion-o-toy-version.jpg
    The new boots look great. If they would also give him a new ab section too make him a bit taller it would be perfect.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by mjw41 View Post
    That Tygra looks cool.

Heroic Warrior
    Oof, might be time to go out and get some air, if THAT is something that bothers you about the figure.

Quote Originally Posted by Dcr4 View Post
    Oof, might be time to go out and get some air, if THAT is something that bothers you about the figure.
    Sorry, but I like consistent lines, apparently Super7 doesn't know the word "coherence".

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Mark M View Post
    The new boots look great. If they would also give him a new ab section too make him a bit taller it would be perfect.
    The question is why did they discard it and show it to us like this, clearly it is not what we will receive, unfortunately.