Page 155 of 157 FirstFirst ... 55105145153154155156157 LastLast
Results 3,851 to 3,875 of 3911

Thread: Modern ThunderCats Toys Thread (2)

Heroic Warrior KingRandorFacepalm's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Stratos88 View Post
    Looks like Slithe isn't a fan of the brown wash either.
    Ha! I actually thought that about the alternative Tygra head. Looks to me a bit less than a snarl and more like disappointed/disgruntled surprise. When I opened the box it quickly got into my head that the alternative head was reacting to the ab wash. I usually really like the alternative heads, though. I prefer the Pumyra alternative to the standard from both Mattel and Super7. And the Lynx-O alternative head sculpt is awesome.

The wash on this Tygra really isn't bad. Photos accentuate it. In hand it actually looks okay.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    "Anybody want to buy a used bolo?"

Here's pics of the figures I received. Tygra has a chip in his chest giving him a third nipple. And then there's Pumyra and her sloppy face. White paint on her chin and along her right side. It's even worse if you look at it from the side. It looks like somebody shot something white all over her face. [insert joke here ] At least now her angry expression makes sense.

Grune is pretty sloppy all around but I can live with it. Mumm-Ra has a blob of black paint right on his chin but I think I can remove that easily. The snakes on the headdress are correct so at least there's that.

I'm not trying to be "negative" here but I can say that I'm POSITIVE these figures look awful. Thanks for the sloppy figures and HUGE delay S7!!

I contacted BBTS and am waiting for a response. I haven't removed them from the boxes in case BBTS wants me to send them back still MISB. Who know what other flaws the back of the figures could have?

IMG_0530.jpgIMG_0530 (2).JPGIMG_0528 (2).JPG

Quote Originally Posted by Wakko View Post
    A Snarf/Snarfer 2-pack might not be a bad idea overall.

I really, really want a Snarf that can balance on his tail. I imagine they could potentially pull that off with a swappable tail piece. So two figures, plus a swappable tail (maybe a tail for both?), and appropriate accessories (Snarfer's satchel, some candy fruit, not sure what else), they might be able to put together a package worthy of demanding their normal ransom.
    Perhaps the chain of loyalty from the Treasure of Thundera? Maybe even the chest to put all the treasures in?

I see Snarf having good articulation despite his size and swappable tails to do his characteristic poses. For Snarfer I would be happy with as much articulation as Ma-Mutt got.

I'm pretty sure Snarf will be priced the same as every other Ultimate (especially given the fact he's a full new tool that can't be reused for anyone else)
    Most wanted Filmation style MOTUC figures:

Hunga the Harpy, Webstor, Kobra Khan, Leech, Whiplash, Rattlor, Catra Cat Form, Ram Man, Count Marzo, Two-Bad, King Miro, Twiggets, Frosta, Kothos and Admiral Scurvy.

When Mattel had done the Thundercats Classics way back, I was excited and got all the figures I could. Sadly it discontinued so I was very interested when Super7 got the licence.

As I read around about the questionable quality of some of these figures, I decided not to purchase them. Yet the thought of having an incomplete team of Thundercats bothered me. Had I not bought any Thundercats Classics figures back in the day it would have been easy for me to pass.

But as of now even knowing there are likely to be QC issues, after a lot of back-and-forth in my mind, I've decided to go ahead and ordered them from BBTS.

My reasoning is that the QC issues I have might not be as serious (then again they might be), and that since I am not a diehard fan, I can tolerate colour inaccuracies, etc.

I know, for the prices I am paying for, I feel like I should not have to be "OK" with QC issues, but the most important factor for me in all this is that it is unlikely we will see another attempt by another company to produce Thundercats action figures in this scale, since comparatively speaking the fanbase is probably smaller than those of other properties such as MOTU, Transformers, and G.I. Joe. That in the end is what swayed me to buy them.

On top of this, the core roster of characters is relatively small, so once I have them all, it'd be enough for me unless some of the second tier characters are really nice.

I think that despite the possible QC issues, I will still enjoy having these figures in my collection, and since that's the case, I look forward to receiving them.

Thundercats, Hoooooooooo!!!!!!

Heroic Warrior KingRandorFacepalm's Avatar
    I would think the immediate purchase item would be something relying heavily on reuse of parts.

Could be wrong.

Brian said it would be something that no one would see coming. That's a tall order. But he did say that before the leak of the LJN-inspred wave. I think most people didn't see that wave coming. Maybe, then, the immediate purchase is something like an LJN Jaga. I'd be up for that.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    "Anybody want to buy a used bolo?"

Heroic Warrior Orko's Magic Hat's Avatar
    Urgh I knew it was probably too good to be true. So I have gradually opened my TC Wave 2 over the course of a week and thought I'd treat myself and open Mumm-Ra tonight - saving the best for last surely?

Wrong - What A FLOPPY figure His ab crunch flops back and forth, his legs are super loose. His second head has the snakes all placed in weird angles. What the hell!!?

Other than that, the paint aps and cape are fantastic, but the rest has really ruined it for me.

I have emailed Comics and Cocktails to see if they can get me a replacement and swap this mess out, not sure what their policy is.
    MOTU Origins Wishlist: Oo-Larr, Rattlor, Hawke, Slamurai, Lodar, Snake Face, Geldor, Plasmar, Lord Gr'Asp, Strobo, Extendar, Jitsu, Tung Lashor

Quote Originally Posted by Bonehead View Post
    Here's pics of the figures I received. Tygra has a chip in his chest giving him a third nipple. And then there's Pumyra and her sloppy face. White paint on her chin and along her right side. It's even worse if you look at it from the side. It looks like somebody shot something white all over her face. [insert joke here ] At least now her angry expression makes sense.

Grune is pretty sloppy all around but I can live with it. Mumm-Ra has a blob of black paint right on his chin but I think I can remove that easily. The snakes on the headdress are correct so at least there's that.

I'm not trying to be "negative" here but I can say that I'm POSITIVE these figures look awful. Thanks for the sloppy figures and HUGE delay S7!!

I contacted BBTS and am waiting for a response. I haven't removed them from the boxes in case BBTS wants me to send them back still MISB. Who know what other flaws the back of the figures could have?

IMG_0530.jpgIMG_0530 (2).JPGIMG_0528 (2).JPG
    Iím not seeing what the problem is on your Tygra, but at least yours has a clean paint job on the face and logo. Thatís more than can be said for a lot of them out there.

Returns are a giant PITA but my Tygra did make me consider it. But Iíve unboxed it and touched up the paint as best I could.
    Please check out my custom figures. The first few stink but I get better.

https://www.he-man.org/forums/boards/showthread.php?277602-Masters-of-the-Hadleyverse

I also wrote a fanfic. See the fanfic board. At least four people like it.

Quote Originally Posted by hadley View Post
    I’m not seeing what the problem is on your Tygra, but at least yours has a clean paint job on the face and logo. That’s more than can be said for a lot of them out there.

Returns are a giant PITA but my Tygra did make me consider it. But I’ve unboxed it and touched up the paint as best I could.
    Here's a better picture and I circled where the chip is on his chest. I did hear back from BBTS and they are sending out replacements and surprisingly didn't ask for the defected figures back. Hopefully between the 2 sets of figures, I can compose a decent looking figure.

Kudos to BBTS's customer service!!!! This is why I buy almost all my stuff from them.

P1100753a.jpg
    Last edited by Bonehead; May 13, 2022 at 09:44pm.

Kudos to BBTS's customer service!!!! This is why I buy almost all my stuff from them.
    Agreed. The BBTS rep I spoke with couldn't have been nicer and the way they are handling this situation is outstanding.

Good luck with the next batch!

Heroic Warrior
    Quote Originally Posted by Mark M View Post
    As a Thundercats fan I do hope Super 7's figures improve. Wave 3 and 4 are great improvements to wave 1 and 2...but still not perfect. Hopefully their figures and quality control can improve.

Also, other companies over the years have wanted to make Thundercats figures but Warner Bros were very difficult to deal with for the licence.
    "Allegedly" one of the only reasons that Super 7 got the thundercats licence was due to buying Silverhawks.
    But, yes MC Farlane and NECA would be more than capable of making a lot more accurate and better sculpted and articulated action figures.

- - - Updated - - -

Your Pumyra, like all production figures I have seen, have the calves on the wrong legs.
    Where did you hear they were able to do Thundercats cause they bought silver hawks? Didn't Mattel hold the license hostage all them years and then when they took motu back s7 out of no where had the cats license? I figured Mattel did a trade.

Sent from my SM-A326U using Tapatalk

Heroic Warrior
    Quote Originally Posted by 13977 View Post
    I'd more than welcome a protected positivity thread for this line and will happily join you in there if you create one.

I agree, that was the whole point of this line. It's not meant to be cartoon accurate. It's meant to be "Classicized" versions so they were in scale and compatible with MOTUC and that was the appeal to me, that they looked like they're from the same line, so I'm glad they're using the MOTUC buck.
    Me too or you wouldn't find me in this thread lol. Same goes for tmnt lol. I'm still iffy on the silver hawks, that's why you don't find me in that thread. I love the look of the villains but the heroes I don't know if I can dig ever.

Heroic Warrior
    Those toy variant colours look really nice.
    Yeah what sucks is we already bought the other ones lol. Now we feel obligated or we want toy colors instead. I want that mumra. I didn't want an orange liono til I see it and was like man I want that too. So guess who's the fool buying this wave?

I seriously need to get out of this racket.

Heroic Warrior
    Happy for those who wanted these. But that doesn't include me. Full pass.

Mainly it makes me sad because it puts us that much farther from getting any Lunataks, Ratar-o, Warrior Maidens, etc.

It also means that suddenly the roadmap is full of toy variants.

Ah well. My wallet will be grateful. Note that these Ultimates come with far fewer accessories but maintain the hiked price point.
    I agree on all of this. I hope I can skip things like you are lol. I always feel like I'm missing out if I skip. And not sure what I like better the toy or cartoon versions. Idk. I'm not trying to have two Thundercats lines.

Heroic Warrior
    If the majority of the Ultimates were only $30 I imagine a lot more people would be happier with the line and forgiving of some of the lesser quality control issues in wave 3 and 4 compared to wave 1 and 2.

- - - Updated - - -

These figures that should definitely come with the glowing eye heads.
    Agreed the high price and qc issues been an issue with them and now the price is even higher than before. 35 was to high, then 45 now more. Idk. If indeed these were 30 we'd swallow alot more than we do. I been pointing out their qc issues since the first motuc wave from them at 35 and was mad. Still waiting on my replacement teela . Haha. Think that was 2016 or 17

Here's a better picture and I circled where the chip is on his chest. I did hear back from BBTS and they are sending out replacements and surprisingly didn't ask for the defected figures back. Hopefully between the 2 sets of figures, I can compose a decent looking figure.

P1100753a.jpg
    Ah, I see now. Well, he just has an innie.

I might roll the dice with BBTS.

https://www.he-man.org/forums/boards/showthread.php?277602-Masters-of-the-Hadleyverse

Quote Originally Posted by unclassified View Post
    Where did you hear they were able to do Thundercats cause they bought silver hawks? Didn't Mattel hold the license hostage all them years and then when they took motu back s7 out of no where had the cats license? I figured Mattel did a trade.

I honestly don't recall. I believe it was said in a Youtube video. Might have been on Infinity Equation.

While this line obviously isn't perfect, in my experience the good so far has far outweighed the bad. My biggest gripes are the delays and the prices. I cannot gripe about paint slop or swapped/missing parts because that hasn't happened to me. I sympathize with those who've had those issues, but if this line was coming out before the days of internet toy forums, I'd have absolutely no idea that this line has production/QC issues.

As easy as it is to say, "I wish Super7 would lose the license and another company would pick it up and do it better," that just isn't happening. After LJN, only one company tried to tackle classic ThunderCats (Bandai), and that was a hot mess that ended with only three characters released in two different scales. (I'm not counting Mezco because those were jumbo figures.) Super7 is the only company to legitimately dive deep into ThunderCats in almost 40 years. The idea that NECA or some other company is waiting to pick up what Super7 drops is completely unrealistic. This is, IMO, the last gasp opportunity for legit classic ThunderCats figures. Either Super7 continues with it or it's nothing at all for TCats fans. Personally, I want them to continue.

I look at my Tygra figure, Tygra being my favorite TCat character since childhood. Which company is the only company to even come remotely close to producing a screen-accurate Tygra figure? Super7. And I'd say he's way more on-model than not. I look at him and I'm totally pleased. The elbow pad is irritating. But he honestly overall looks great. So good and on-model, in fact, that I don't like putting Lion-O beside him, because he makes Lion-O's issues more glaring. And Lion-O's issues started with Mattel. Slithe and Monkian are *chef's kiss*. Seriously, I look at the line-up of figures we've gotten so far (finally gotten) and I'm really happy. TCats and MOTU were my top two toy lines as a kid. Having them on the shelf together, both sculpted by the Four Horsemen and both in the same scale continues to be a dream come true.

It's all subjective, I guess. Some collectors were angry about Slithe's yellow belt. I don't give a crap about that. Does that make me less of a fan? I don't think so, but YMMV. But I've also read some collectors saying they hate Super7's approach so much that they actually prefer the Bandai figures, and I have to do a double take. Because those figures were some of the ugliest crap I've ever seen. Again, it's all subjective.

We all want good ThunderCats figures. We all wish these were cheaper, were delivered in a more timely manner, and had more consistent QC. But we all have different POVs when it comes to our breaking points. One collector's "this is inexcusable" is another collector's "I don't see the issue," and I don't think anyone is in a position to judge each other's loyalty to the brand.

Just my two cents. Sorry for the long read.
    I just want to say that I agree on almost everything you said. Well put! The good definitely outweighs the bad in this line. I do really enjoy the figures and it's nice to finally get a whole cast of TC in this scale. It's a dream come true.

Not that you said this Wakko, but I think thought pointing out subpar QC like the awful paint on wave 2 isn't being negative. S7 needs to hold some standard with their items especially when some people pay up front in good faith before the figures are even made. It's not like they're showing off production samples in their solicitations. It's a trust issue for some. That's why I only buy their stuff from BBTS.

I just want to say that I agree on almost everything you said. Well put! The good definitely outweighs the bad in this line. I do really enjoy the figures and it's nice to finally get a whole cast of TC in this scale. It's a dream come true.

Not that you said this Wakko, but I think thought pointing out subpar QC like the awful paint on wave 2 isn't being negative. S7 needs to hold some standard with their items especially when some people pay up front in good faith before the figures are even made. It's not like they're showing off production samples in their solicitations. It's a trust issue for some. That's why I only buy their stuff from BBTS.
    I think this is where it becomes an ethical issue.

They are putting filet mignon on the menu, but actually giving people bologna in some cases.

I honestly believe that Super 7 would be in a huge financial bind right now if it weren't for places like EE and BBTS... for that matter, without online resellers like these, I know I wouldn't be ordering direct from Super 7 with their pay-up-front tactics.
    We need the POWER of the GOOD and the WAY of the MAGIC !!!

**Staunch FILMation lover!!! **** Uber NEW ADVENTURES Fan!!!**

>>Glad supporter of the Netflix Era<<

I'm not a huge fan of variants in general so wave 6 unfortunately hasn't got me overly excited. Though having said that the Lion-O, Mumm-Ra and Monkian do kinda hit my nostalgia button, but I just don't think Cheetara is different enough for me. I find myself asking, do I really need these variants given the price point and I'm not sure I do, especially seeing as its will open the door for more toy variants so I may just decided to skip the toy variants from the get go, which makes me glad if they do them as full waves.
    I do think Lion-O should come with the short/dagger version of the Sword of Omens and Monkian come with his shield. I know the original toy versions didn't but this is a chance to correct that.
    UK MOTU Fan Club Members - Add You Member Name to this Thread

Wanted:
    MOTUC He-Ro Staff with green gem
    Keshi Mantenna in red

It seemed like Super7 somewhat retracted this announcement. I wonder if it truly was announced too early, if it was due to negative feedback, or something else.

The more time this has rolled around in my head, the more I like that Monkian.

While I otherwise stand behind what I said about the new toy versions of the characters, I will say that the Lion-O is kind of growing on me.

As others have said, the standard existing Lion-O needs a new sculpt. This kind of works for that purpose to some extent. I could see getting the toy version of Lion-O, and giving him the smooth claw shield and sword of Omens from the existing one. Other minor modifications might be somehow replacing the T-Cats logo to one more accurate to the standard look (I really don't like them trying to replicate the odd look of the logo on the original Lion-O LJN figure), and maybe doing some very minor paint work by trying to match the darker blue of his boots and belt, and applying that color to the outlines/edges of his outfit that are darker on the standard figure.

That said, I don't see myself going all in on the toy variants, and the rest in this wave are an easy pass for me.

---------------------------------------------

One of the things that I find a bit jarring about the comparison between the cartoon and toy based T-Cats figures from S7 is how they seem to almost take the opposite approach of the more toy based MOTUC figures compared to the spin-off Filmation based line, or S7's toy based TMNT figures compared to NECA's cartoon versions. Pics to show the comparisons that I am talking about are in the spoiler tag below. I also realize in the case of both MOTU and T-Cats, S7 sort of inhereted both from Mattel on some level or another and were trying to roughly continue with what Mattel had done.

With MOTUC and the spin-off Filmation figures (which started with Mattel and S7 later picked up), when they would take an old figure and update it, they'd keep the details, but would typically either have more detail or at minimum they would have more paint detail on some aspects that were either unpainted or all one color on the original figures. And even when they started bringing characters that weren't in the original toyline into the standard MOTUC line, they would usually have relatively similar levels of detail on average. Characters like Lizardman come to mind.

Then Mattel started the Filmation based line, which tried to more literally interpret the cartoon looks of characters into figures. So with He-Man, for example, He is very lacking in the kind of detail that a character like Lizardman (a Filmation character brought into the main MOTUC line) received. He lacks any detailing on his wrist bracers. His belt doesn't have the dots going across it. And even things like the sculpt of his hair were kept pretty minimal with detail, trying to literally translate the cartoon into a figure. While I appreciated this approach to an extent, I personally would have preferred if they had done something more like how Filmation characters in the main MOTUC line were handled.... which would still be largely accurate to the look and portrait from the cartoon, but give the figures additional detail. Had Filmation He-Man been handled this way, for example, he'd have more detailing in his hair and in areas like his bracers, belt, boots, etc.

Then there's TMNT. Super7's toy based line is doing something kind of similar to how figures were handled in the main MOTUC line, and if anything taking it a step or two further. They are making new figures that overall are pretty accurate to the looks of the originals, but giving more paint detail to elements that were either unpainted or all one color (making the sculpt details not stand out in the vintage line). My contrast, the NECA cartoon line is doing pretty literal cartoon based versions, down to having a black outline like the drawings on the cartoon (something that I could do without... while I could have used more details on the Filmation based MOTUC style figures, I'm glad that they didn't go that literal with translating the cartoon charcters to figures). Using Bebop as an example, the S7 figure has the skeletons hanging out of the turtle shells on his shoulders colored in, which was not the case on the vintage toy, in addition to other details. Where as the NECA version is pretty literal to the cartoon.

And while not picture in the spoiler tag below, Muckman from S7 is an even better example of an updated vintage toy design with details painted in, etc.

So, then there's Thundercats...

Again, I realize that while kind of doing their own thing with the direction they went with the Ultimates line, they tried to make something that could also work as a continuation of the Mattel figures for anyone who didn't want to rebuy the existing characters.

None the less, the approach to that line, which roughly started with Mattel and continues with S7, is to more or less take the cartoon desgins, but give them very detailed figures. This is more akin to Lizardman and other Filmation characters that ended up in the main MOTUC line, where they looked like the cartoon, but more or less got the toy level of detail. And this is honestly my preferred approach overall for Thundercats (color choice and QC issues not withstanding). While I would have still collected a more literal cartoon based line with simplified details, I do prefer this style to something like that.

But this to me is where the catch-22 comes in with S7's LJN based T-Cats figures. I guess, apparently, since the cartoon based T-Cats line has that deeper level of detail, they decided not to do that with these figures. Something like the single-tone red claw shield, the oddly colored silver and red Sword of Omens (which I say oddly based on the original color choices, obviously I'm used to the look since I had the vintage toy), and the edge lines of Lion-O's outfit not being in darker blue, while technically toy accurate, really goes against the grain of how the main MOTUC line was handled (something that S7 worked on to some extent, and has roughly been at minimum the scale basis for their entire series of Ultimates lines), and even more so their TMNT toy based figures, which is a line they started from the get-go and didn't inheret from Mattel or anyone else.

In the case of the accessories, I could maybe see if they wanted to include the literal toy colored versions of the Sword and Claw Shield, in addition to versions with more paint detail, but as-is, it feels kind of weird given how things have been typically handled in other lines. Granted, this LJN wave seems to be skimping on accessories (something that S7 normally goes way overboard with), which I'm sure is due to rising costs, but is still an odd choice.

That said, maybe they decided to go in this direction with these toy based figures (fewer accessories and minimal, LJN accurate paint apps) to help offset the cost of the next wave of cartoon based figures. While some oversized figures do come in at higher price points, we know that in the past, Brian has said that sometimes one $55 figure will cost more to make than another, but they are simialr in size enough that they can justify pricing them the same and have the cost of one offset the other. So maybe they will do these more simple LJN based waves inbetween more detailed cartoon waves to offset that, or maybe even intermix them in future waves.

He-Man figure comparison:

Bebop comparison:

Thundercats comparison:

Realist. Deal with it. Lord Anubis's Avatar
    1868D8E3-88D3-43A8-8DBA-6E396B69A293.jpg9AFB2CC0-35BA-4191-A7EC-059E8F7E3EAB.jpg

Got my replacements today. Only opened Pummyra so far, paint sucks again but at least these aren’t broken. I didn’t even want them anymore but I wanted to play Frankenstein and fix her legs. The photos are before before and after. The factory that did these are straight up dumb. Between this, jackalman and Grune, have they never seen anatomy ?

I’ll check mumm-ra tomorrow, only so much disappointment I can deal with in one day.

No replacement parts for Tygra, Lion-O or my other Mumm-ra, supposedly the waiting list is backed up for parts which is absolutely nonsense.
    "We are the tools of our own imagination, constructing temples and cathedrals in which our most outlandish dreams become truth." - Samael

I would LOVE IT if Super 7 saved us some money (and the environment) and gave us this LJN homage line on Vintage-styled blister cards.

I cannot say it enough... the Ultimates packaging is an absolute waste. It's like individually wrapping each Cheerio in the cereal box - completely unnecessary.
    We need the POWER of the GOOD and the WAY of the MAGIC !!!

**Staunch FILMation lover!!! **** Uber NEW ADVENTURES Fan!!!**

>>Glad supporter of the Netflix Era<<

Quote Originally Posted by Ornclown View Post
    ...the Ultimates packaging is an absolute waste. It's like individually wrapping each Cheerio in the cereal box - completely unnecessary.
    Completely agree. If they got rid of the elaborate packaging and the needless accessories it would also greatly reduce the price.

Quote Originally Posted by Ornclown View Post
    I would LOVE IT if Super 7 saved us some money (and the environment) and gave us this LJN homage line on Vintage-styled blister cards.
    Excellent idea and something that should be brought up to Brian before these actually go into production. Super 7 has got to know that sales on these aren't going to be the greatest and by doing that it should only boost them. I think that a bunch of people that would normally pass on these would pull the trigger if that happened. I know I would.