Page 41 of 41 FirstFirst ... 31394041
Results 1,001 to 1,022 of 1022

Thread: Modern ThunderCats Toys Thread (2)

Heroic Warrior
    Well, I actually ended up cancelling my preorder. Not necessarily because of the apparent deficiencies in the figures, but actually because of the William Stout Collection... Those figures really highlighted to me what can be done in this form factor and at this price point. The sculpts, the paint... Comparing them side-by-side to my MOTUC and CG figures just really highlighted how simplistic these figures really are. Just a whole lot of "blank" canvas, really. Doesn't seem like great value for the money somehow. So while I like the TC property, I actually decided to switch to Mythic Legions. This line seems like such a lot of fun - great execution and so much potential overall for building a collection.

But I am super-curious to see how the new wave of Super7 figures will turn out. The WSC hopefully marks a turning point for quality...

Quote Originally Posted by Ornclown View Post
    Who does everyone want to see in Wave 3?

Which choices make the most sense?

I was thinking:

-Monkian
    -Cheetara
    -Lynx-O
    -Hammer Hand

What I want the most:
    - Cheetara
    - Slithe
    - Monkian
    - Alluro

What I think we'll get:
    - Jaga (because he's already been revealed)
    - Monkian, Vultureman, or Rataro (holding back Slithe for a future wave)
    - Bengali or Lynx-o
    - Hammerhand (marking the beginning of the Berzerkers in the line, although I'd personally prefer the Lunataks first)
    Check out my on-going project: THE UNOFFICIAL MASTERS OF THE UNIVERSE CLASSICS COMPLETE COLLECTION GUIDE
    Featuring photos, bios, accessories, release dates, and trivia for every figure, beast, vehicle and playset released in Masters of the Universe Classics!

I think all waves will have an oversize figure, maybe the next wave is Slithe or the kittens 2-pack and if they keep the same logic 2 heroes and 2 villains.

Inappropriate Tree Hugger The.Idea.of.Evil's Avatar
    I say do Cheetara in the last wave. Let Super7 get other female figures out and do all the QC and fine tooling they need so that by the time Cheetara is due, she'll have zero production problems =)

Quote Originally Posted by Wakko View Post
    What I want the most:
    - Cheetara
    - Slithe
    - Monkian
    - Alluro

What I think we'll get:
    - Jaga (because he's already been revealed)
    - Monkian, Vultureman, or Rataro (holding back Slithe for a future wave)
    - Bengali or Lynx-o
    - Hammerhand (marking the beginning of the Berzerkers in the line, although I'd personally prefer the Lunataks first)
    Yeah, I agree with Jaga. I completely forgot that he was supposed to be a part of Mattel's line... and since Grune is in wave 2, I think it makes most sense to put Jaga in wave 3.

I don't think that we will see Bengali so soon after Tygra though. I would love to see Lynx-O! Plus, Vultureman or Ratar-O would be awesome!! (Both are some of my favorite toys when I was younger.)

Personally, I would prefer the Berzerkers over the Lunataks... I never really had an affinity for them. But Hammerhand? Top Spinner? Ram Bam? Cruncher? I LOVED those guys as a kid! (I wonder if Super 7 will make them based on their original figures, or the cartoon... they were so drastically different from one another...)

Quote Originally Posted by Baedal View Post
    I think all waves will have an oversize figure, maybe the next wave is Slithe or the kittens 2-pack and if they keep the same logic 2 heroes and 2 villains.
    I think that Hammerhand could actually count as an oversized figure. Especially if they give him a monstrous mechanical arm/hand!
    We need the POWER of the GOOD and the WAY of the MAGIC !!!

**Staunch FILMation lover!!! **** Uber NEW ADVENTURES Fan!!!**
    Waiting for more William Stout characters!!!

Eternian Sports Director smeddie45's Avatar
    I’m guessing for wave 3:

The kittens 2 pack, since we saw Wiley Kat in the Super7 video with Pumyra
    Hachiman, I think Cheetara and Java will lead the later waves either 4 or 5
    Slithe, next big name villain with Monkian, Vultreman, Ratar-O with the next three waves
    Hammerhand with the Berserkers coming out in each next wave

Quote Originally Posted by smeddie45 View Post
    Iím guessing for wave 3:

The kittens 2 pack, since we saw Wiley Kat in the Super7 video with Pumyra
    Hachiman, I think Cheetara and Java will lead the later waves either 4 or 5
    Slithe, next big name villain with Monkian, Vultreman, Ratar-O with the next three waves
    Hammerhand with the Berserkers coming out in each next wave
    I think we'll see Jaga, Kittens, Monkian, Rataro (but I would LOVE a Lunatak or Hammerhand!)
    Biggest MOTUC wants - Hunga the Harpy! Yukkers, Colonel Blast, Evil Robot, the Twiggets and Admiral Scurvy! We need the Thundercats Classics back!

With the limited runs (characters) of Thundercats in the past few years, if/when they actually produce stuff like Slithe, Hammerhand, Driller, Cruncher...I think people will lose their minds. its going to be great.

....AND, WHAT IF they make a Tongue-A-Saurus!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Quote Originally Posted by ninja man View Post

....AND, WHAT IF they make a Tongue-A-Saurus!!!!!!!!!!!!!
    Oooooooooooooohhhhhh myyyyyyyyyyyyyyy gaaaaaaaawwwwwwdddddd!!!!! I would fall over and die!

I'm actually hoping they only trickle out the mainstays. I'm cherry-picking, so the longer it takes to get to Cheetara, Monkian, Slithe, or Vulture Man, the more money I can save over time.
    MOTUC Most Wanted: Skeleteen, Prince Keldor, Captain Randor, The Great Black Wizard, Lady Slither, Spirit, Tuvar, Baddra, Cursed Marzo, Tug-O-War, Scrollos, Songster, Mini-Comics Spirit of Castle Grayskull, and for the love of the Sorceress and Julie Winston, ODIPHUS!!!

Instagram: Just_Thommy

Just for fun, a couple of aesthetic improvements on Mumm-Ra, to make it more proportionate and accurate to the Tsuguyuki Kubo's design.
    I think his arms and shoulders are too thin and the torso should be similar to work they did in Grune as I mentioned earlier.

Just for fun, a couple of aesthetic improvements on Mumm-Ra, to make it more proportionate and accurate to the Tsuguyuki Kubo's design.
    I think his arms and shoulders are too thin and the torso should be similar to work they did in Grune as I mentioned earlier.

https://i.ibb.co/grRHWwS/Mumm-ra-edit.jpg
    Just out of curiosity. Do you post these suggestions anywhere else or just here?

Quote Originally Posted by Riddle of Steel View Post
    Just out of curiosity. Do you post these suggestions anywhere else or just here?
    In some other forums too. Another reason more than curiosity?

In some other forums too. Another reason more than curiosity?
    Just wonder what the potential impact is of all of us brainstorming and such if it's basically confined to here. My personal involvement with anything message board related is essentially just here, and even with that, I can often go a week without even logging in. So admittedly, I'm not exactly doing much to spread any sort of word....

You obviously put more time into it then most with the diagrams and such so it would be a shame if it were not seen elsewhere in hopes that S7 actually sees these things. Now while I personally don't think that it's necessarily to change everything under the sun and I think that most things are fine, there's a few that I wouldn't mind seeing addressed.

I won't go into those again as I've already posted them within this thread, but was just wondering I suppose how many of these concerns were being shared aside from this thread.

I’d like a Mongor and Safari Joe. I know they aren’t as popular as other characters but I remain hopeful.

Heroic Warrior KingRandorFacepalm's Avatar
    I'm really hoping for Mandora sooner rather than later. And Safari Joe, please..

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    "Anybody want to buy a used bolo?"

Quote Originally Posted by Stinkor View Post
    Iíd like a Mongor and Safari Joe. I know they arenít as popular as other characters but I remain hopeful.
    Quote Originally Posted by KingRandorFacepalm View Post
    I'm really hoping for Mandora sooner rather than later. And Safari Joe, please..
    I'd like to get them eventually. I'd like to complete the whole vintage LJN run like in MOTUC we completed the vintage figures.
    Personally I'd like to complete the core Thundercats and mutants, then go on to the rest of the LJN figures, and only then go on to previously unmade characters. Its important to CLassicize some of the LJN figures that were action feature heavy though.
    MOTUC Most Wanted: Kayo, Vizar, Hoove, Lizorr

UK MOTU Fan Club Members - Add You Member Name to this Thread

Wanted:
    Trade my Red Stone He-Ro Staff for a Green one

Quote Originally Posted by 13977 View Post
    Personally I'd like to complete the core Thundercats and mutants, then go on to the rest of the LJN figures, and only then go on to previously unmade characters.
    I hear what you're saying. IF the line has any risk of ending prematurely (due to lack of sales or a licensing issue), I want Super7 to focus heavy on getting the core, A-list characters done. The LAST thing ThunderCats needs is yet another toyline with missing ThunderCats or Mutants. HOWEVER, the only way we're going to get some of those more obscure, never-done-before characters is if they're offered alongside A-listers. If Super7 waits until all the heavy hitters are already done before offering the likes of Alluro or Willa, we'll never get them. Sales will plummet with no A-listers left and the line will end.

It's a tightrope walk. I hope Super7 has a solid roadmap already laid out.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Stinkor View Post
    I’d like a Mongor and Safari Joe. I know they aren’t as popular as other characters but I remain hopeful.
    Both of them would make AWESOME figures in the Four Horsemen's hands. And I think they have a strong chance of getting made since they were in the LJN line.
    Check out my on-going project: THE UNOFFICIAL MASTERS OF THE UNIVERSE CLASSICS COMPLETE COLLECTION GUIDE
    Featuring photos, bios, accessories, release dates, and trivia for every figure, beast, vehicle and playset released in Masters of the Universe Classics!

Quote Originally Posted by Wakko View Post
    I hear what you're saying. IF the line has any risk of ending prematurely (due to lack of sales or a licensing issue), I want Super7 to focus heavy on getting the core, A-list characters done. The LAST thing ThunderCats needs is yet another toyline with missing ThunderCats or Mutants. HOWEVER, the only way we're going to get some of those more obscure, never-done-before characters is if they're offered alongside A-listers. If Super7 waits until all the heavy hitters are already done before offering the likes of Alluro or Willa, we'll never get them. Sales will plummet with no A-listers left and the line will end.

It's a tightrope walk. I hope Super7 has a solid roadmap already laid out.

- - - Updated - - -

Both of them would make AWESOME figures in the Four Horsemen's hands. And I think they have a strong chance of getting made since they were in the LJN line.
    You're in a role on those well stated post sir.

Sent from my vivo 1718 using Tapatalk
    By the power of Grayskull!!!!

Quote Originally Posted by KingRandorFacepalm View Post
    I would totally be down for a Mandora with her Electro-Charger as an oversized offering.

I also would love to get Willa and Nayda... maybe even in a two-pack!
    We need the POWER of the GOOD and the WAY of the MAGIC !!!

**Staunch FILMation lover!!! **** Uber NEW ADVENTURES Fan!!!**
    Waiting for more William Stout characters!!!

Quote Originally Posted by Ornclown View Post
    I would totally be down for a Mandora with her Electro-Charger as an oversized offering.

I also would love to get Willa and Nayda... maybe even in a two-pack!

I would LOVE those a Willa & Nayda two pack and Mandora with her bike. I really hope they end up releasing those characters in exactly that way.
    Biggest MOTUC wants - Hunga the Harpy! Yukkers, Colonel Blast, Evil Robot, the Twiggets and Admiral Scurvy! We need the Thundercats Classics back!

Quote Originally Posted by Ianm1225 View Post
    I would LOVE those a Willa & Nayda two pack and Mandora with her bike. I really hope they end up releasing those characters in exactly that way.
    I totally agree!!!