Page 161 of 170 FirstFirst ... 61111151159160161162163 ... LastLast
Results 4,001 to 4,025 of 4247

Thread: Modern ThunderCats Toys Thread (2)

Quote Originally Posted by yeahthatsme1973 View Post
    Just confirming that I didn’t miss the Wave 6 pre-order? It was up for a bit then taken down and put on hold?
    Quote Originally Posted by depp76 View Post
    That is correct. You haven't missed anything.
    Even if Wave 6 did go up for pre-order and yeahthatsme1973 missed the ordering window, ultimately he didn't miss anything.

Sorry, I couldn't help it.
    Check out my on-going project: THE UNOFFICIAL MASTERS OF THE UNIVERSE CLASSICS COMPLETE COLLECTION GUIDE
    Featuring photos, bios, accessories, release dates, and trivia for every figure, beast, vehicle and playset released in Masters of the Universe Classics!

Quote Originally Posted by Wakko View Post
    Even if Wave 6 did go up for pre-order and yeahthatsme1973 missed the ordering window, ultimately he didn't miss anything.

True. Especially since it will be 2025 before they ship.

I got Cheetara this morning.

Overall, she is a good figure... if not a bland one.

I was hoping that Super 7 would just copy the Mythic Legions female buck for Cheetara. She was always the "strong" female character when I was young... I expect a bit more bulk on her.

Also, I'm not as happy with her heads as some of the others here. I still think that they have more of a passing resemblance to Cheetara, rather than an actual likeness. (Like a carnival face-paint booth.)

All in all, good, but not great.

Now, I think I'm looking forward to Hammerhand the most.
    We need the POWER of the GOOD and the WAY of the MAGIC !!!

**Staunch FILMation lover!!! **** Uber NEW ADVENTURES Fan!!!**

>>Glad supporter of the Netflix Era<<

Heroic Warrior KingRandorFacepalm's Avatar

Modern ThunderCats Toys Thread (2)

Quote Originally Posted by Ornclown View Post
    I got Cheetara this morning.

Overall, she is a good figure... if not a bland one.

I was hoping that Super 7 would just copy the Mythic Legions female buck for Cheetara. She was always the "strong" female character when I was young... I expect a bit more bulk on her.

Also, I'm not as happy with her heads as some of the others here. I still think that they have more of a passing resemblance to Cheetara, rather than an actual likeness. (Like a carnival face-paint booth.)

All in all, good, but not great.

Now, I think I'm looking forward to Hammerhand the most.
    I hear you. As always, milage varies and different folks see differently. As I wrote earlier, I think the production sculpt is way more on model than the prototype. The prototype was a cool looking sculpt but, to me, looked like the girl from Let Me In grew up to do professional Thundercats cosplay.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    Last edited by KingRandorFacepalm; July 4, 2022 at 02:05pm.
    "Anybody want to buy a used bolo?"

Quote Originally Posted by KingRandorFacepalm View Post
    I hear you. As always, milage varies and different folks see differently. As I wrote earlier, I think the production sculpt is way more on model than the prototype. The prototype was a cool looking sculpt but, to me, looked like the girl from Let Me In grew up to do professional Thundercats cosplay.

https://uploads.tapatalk-cdn.com/202...1d88a1c85e.jpg
    Haha! Yes!

Although, to be fair, Cheetara's actual animated portrait seems incredibly difficult to capture in 3D... let alone at 1:12 scale.

I agree that her proto sculpt was leagues better.

Also, a couple of things I've noticed after posing her for my display...

-The paint on the back of her torso is really, really shiny.

-She NEEDS boot cuts to get her into a wide stance or a natural looking running pose.

-Her extra hands are awesome... but, one of mine refuses to swivel.

-I love the fact that you can place her non-extended staff into the slot on her wrist.

-Her other extras / accessories are a waste of plastic IMO. She should have come with an articulated Snarf, like Ma-Mutt came with Mumm-Ra...
    We need the POWER of the GOOD and the WAY of the MAGIC !!!

**Staunch FILMation lover!!! **** Uber NEW ADVENTURES Fan!!!**

>>Glad supporter of the Netflix Era<<

Man these are so cool....I love em!

20220703_012929.jpg

20220703_004949.jpg
    Attached Images Attached Images

Heroic Warrior
    Quote Originally Posted by Stratos88 View Post
    Mumm-Ra the Ever-Living. I'm lazy, give me a break.
    Ok haha just had no clue what that was. Thought you were trying to spell Mattel and got really confused

Sent from my SM-A326U using Tapatalk

Heroic Warrior
    Got my replacement head from s7 for my replacement mumra I got from bbts cuasrnthe first one was just useless. Replacement had issues as well and a ruined second head, it had a white chunk on his lower jaw but correct snakes. Like you can't win lol. So I combined both figures together to make a good one. Down fall is the shading is different. And before I got my replacement bbts told me that they will not replace it again. So I heard s7 was correcting issues personally. So I contacted Rudy and he assured me I'd get put on a list. Well received the head yesterday. And it's perfect.

Received my cheetara today and about to check her out while sipping a few Heinekens and tangerine dream.. be back with my thoughts.

Heroic Warrior
    Quote Originally Posted by Wakko View Post

!! LOL True true. In the back of my mind I was thinking the same thing. I was almost hoping they had changed the line-up and I had just missed the news. Odd that it’s been on hold since May.

Court Magician
    Quote Originally Posted by Ornclown View Post
    Haha! Yes!

Although, to be fair, Cheetara's actual animated portrait seems incredibly difficult to capture in 3D... let alone at 1:12 scale.
    I think Mezco did a great job on her portrait. Granted it's a larger figure but you could render and print/ mold it a lot smaller.

megachit1.jpg

Quote Originally Posted by Booshman View Post
    I think Mezco did a great job on her portrait. Granted it's a larger figure but you could render and print/ mold it a lot smaller.

megachit1.jpg
    Mezco's was a far nicer sculpt.

Realist. Deal with it. Lord Anubis's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by unclassified View Post
    Got my replacement head from s7 for my replacement mumra I got from bbts cuasrnthe first one was just useless. Replacement had issues as well and a ruined second head, it had a white chunk on his lower jaw but correct snakes. Like you can't win lol. So I combined both figures together to make a good one. Down fall is the shading is different. And before I got my replacement bbts told me that they will not replace it again. So I heard s7 was correcting issues personally. So I contacted Rudy and he assured me I'd get put on a list. Well received the head yesterday. And it's perfect.

Received my cheetara today and about to check her out while sipping a few Heinekens and tangerine dream.. be back with my thoughts.

I got my replacement stuff… oh boy…

The cape clip was fine.
    Tygra’s head has a mega lazy eye.
    They sent the wrong sword.

I specifically told them the smaller Lion-O dagger sword but they sent me the large one. They’re getting another email and I guess another wait for me… pro’s here are that my Mattel Lion-O now has a much nicer sword.
    "We are the tools of our own imagination, constructing temples and cathedrals in which our most outlandish dreams become truth." - Samael

Heroic sculptor of toys Battle_Brak's Avatar
    My Tygra came with horrendous paint (poor masking overall, fuzzy face paint, and half the emblem was just a black blob) I sent an email for a refund or replacement. They sent me a new figure, which I just received. This time the paint is perfect!
    Check out my artwork: https://aarondoyle.artstation.com/

Heroic Warrior
    Quote Originally Posted by Lord Anubis View Post
    I got my replacement stuff… oh boy…

The cape clip was fine.
    Tygra’s head has a mega lazy eye.
    They sent the wrong sword.

I specifically told them the smaller Lion-O dagger sword but they sent me the large one. They’re getting another email and I guess another wait for me… pro’s here are that my Mattel Lion-O now has a much nicer sword.
    Man that blows.

Heroic Warrior
    Ok. Hacked out cheetara. Pretty good figure. The plastic seems very nice and different than others. Joints are nice, paints great. The hair has such an odd soft feel to it but feels good. Definitely different plastic than usual.

Right gripping hand j
    Hinge wpuld work and the thin peg started to tear. I ordered from bbts but contacted Rudy to see if I can get a new hand. Bbts would be a pain as I'd have to mail everything back for a hand.

Heroic Warrior
    Oh and most importantly the neck peg wiggles like modern day action figures are supposed to.

They should stick to this factory.

Also don't like the knee joints. Not a fan of plugged in joints. I rather pins.

Quote Originally Posted by Booshman View Post

megachit1.jpg
    I really love the Mezco line. There is something off about most of them, though (Lion-O, especially). I think they really nailed Cheetara's head sculpt when it comes to the shape of the face/jawline. The Super7 sculpt doesn't do as well here. Otherwise, I don't think the Mezco figure captures Cheetara's face particularly well.

It isn't bad at all. Again, it's a great figure. I just don't think it's a singular accomplishment as far as character representation goes. Maybe it's the nose and mouth. She looks oddly (and too) young at some angles. It really is hard to render these things in 3D.
    A great female face sculpt. Doesn't escape looking like good cosplay, to my eye.

I think the Super7 sculpt lacks in different areas (particularly the jawline) but captures the character just as well (if not a bit better, too me). And doesn't look so young.

And, as I wrote above, I think the Super7 production sculpt captures the character better than the prototype did. The prototype was a really nice female face sculpt but looked like someone other than Cheetara.

Last edited by KingRandorFacepalm; July 4, 2022 at 02:59pm.

I really love the Mezco line. There is something off about most of them, though (Lion-O, especially). I think they really nailed Cheetara's head sculpt when it comes to the shape of the face/jawline. The Super7 sculpt doesn't do as well here. Otherwise, I don't think the Mezco figure captures Cheetara's face particularly well.

https://uploads.tapatalk-cdn.com/202...be1d6f5fbc.jpg

It isn't bad at all. Again, it's a great figure. I just don't think it's a singular accomplishment as far as character representation goes. Maybe it's the nose and mouth. She looks oddly (and too) young at some angles. It really is hard to render these things in 3D.
    A great female face sculpt. Doesn't escape looking like good cosplay, to my eye.

I think the Super7 sculpt lacks in different areas (particularly the jawline) but captures the character just as well (if not a bit better, too me). And doesn't look so young.

https://uploads.tapatalk-cdn.com/202...9124416969.jpg

And, as I wrote above, I think the Super7 production sculpt captures the character better than the prototype did. The prototype was a really nice female face sculpt but looked like someone other than Cheetara.

https://uploads.tapatalk-cdn.com/202...dc1aef7a6e.jpg

Super 7's would look better if the hair was better sculpted and more accurate shape to the cartoon design.

Isn't Super 7's missing alot of the black spots in her hair?

Quote Originally Posted by Mark M View Post
    Super 7's would look better if the hair was better sculpted and more accurate shape to the cartoon design.
    I'm not quite seeing what you're seeing. It looks to me like the Super7 hair sculpt better represents how the character appeared in the cartoon than Mezco. What are you seeing that makes you feel otherwise?

I'm not quite seeing what you're seeing. It looks to me like the Super7 hair sculpt better represents how the character appeared in the cartoon than Mezco. What are you seeing that makes you feel otherwise?

https://uploads.tapatalk-cdn.com/202...5ff7904ee0.jpg

The production figure's hair line should be lowered like the prototype and a bit wider.
    The Mezco could also do with having the hair line lowered.

The production figure's hair line should be lowered like the prototype and a bit wider.
    The Mezco could also do with having the hair line lowered.
    Yes, the hairline could be lowered a bit. The higher line isn't inconsistent with how she often came across in the show, though.

Even the model sheets have it a bit high (and not particularly wide).

Still, prototype hair is good both as far as the hairline and width go (not the facial representation, though). Still, the Super7 production captures it much better than Mezco, to my eye. The Mezco, while a great figure, misses the hairline, shape, and style pretty significantly.

Last edited by KingRandorFacepalm; July 4, 2022 at 05:30pm.

Yes, the hairline could be lowered a bit. The higher line isn't inconsistent with how she often came across in the show, though.

https://uploads.tapatalk-cdn.com/202...d9819e42f5.jpg

The prototype hair is a bit better both as far as the hairline and width go (not the facial representation, though). Still, the Super7 production captures it much better than Mezco, to my eye. The Mezco, while a great figure, misses the hairline, shape, and style pretty significantly.

Yes the production Super 7 face is better than Mezco. Although the musculature sculptng on the Mezco is superior. Also the Mezco Lion-O is a real mess.
    The hairline is inconsistent in the show.

Maybe the sculptors finally looked at the animation model sheets.

In the actual show though she seemed to be shown more with a lower hairline.
    Last edited by Mark M; July 4, 2022 at 05:32pm.

Yes the production Super 7 face is better than Mezco. Although the musculature sculptng on the Mezco is superior. Also the Mezco Lion-O is a real mess.
    The hairline is inconsistent in the show.

Maybe the sculptors finally looked at the animation model sheets.

In the actual show though she seemed to be shown more with a lower hairline.
    Agree with all this.

The actual show appearance vs model sheets is a rough one. And a well-worn one here. I tend to lean more toward what I see on the show and so have a higher tolerance for color, features, etc. "inconsistencies" when it comes to the toys. (Was watching an episode with my son last week and Mumm-Ra was blue...although not as blue as in the official artwork on the box for Mumm-Ra's Tomb Fortress. Blue, green--I just don't care so much because I saw both and so both look right to me.) So I'm fine with Cheetara's hairline being higher or lower. Both look right compared with something.

I've been chastised in the past for not letting the model sheets have the final word and instead using the show as a measuring rod. I think it's all a bit silly.

Heroic Warrior
    Quote Originally Posted by depp76 View Post
    Isn't Super 7's missing alot of the black spots in her hair?
    I was just thinking the same thing when I was looking at all the pics. I was like wait. Does the s7 have black spots in the hair? Lol. Mines not near me right now.