Page 168 of 171 FirstFirst ... 68118158166167168169170 ... LastLast
Results 4,176 to 4,200 of 4268

Thread: Modern ThunderCats Toys Thread (2)

Quote Originally Posted by Stratos88 View Post
    Fewer accessories, same price. Thanks, Super 7.
    That's just sad and pathetic. I honestly hope these tank and S7 learns a lesson here.

Heroic Warrior
    Quote Originally Posted by Powersword123 View Post
    The color is more of a seafoam green with blue tint which works for me, he does look frozen but not dead.
    There is still frozen color along of the seam of the neck and the joint and a speck on the side of the neck as far as the paint flaws, which again are really only visible when he changes to orange.
    The orange is bright but tones done as he starts to turn back - paint flaw pics below.
    I did end up buying 2
    Here you go:

Attachment 129005Attachment 129006

Attachment 129007Attachment 129008Attachment 129009Attachment 129010
    Youre lucky lol. Yours is the only one that has paint on the hinge lol

Sent from my SM-A326U using Tapatalk

Quote Originally Posted by Wakko View Post
    These should have been single-carded (based on the vintage LJN card design) with only the accessories the original figures came with (no extra heads/hands), at a fraction of the price.
    Yup... I said this a while ago:

Quote Originally Posted by Ornclown View Post
    I would LOVE IT if Super 7 saved us some money (and the environment) and gave us this LJN homage line on Vintage-styled blister cards.
    Honestly, this wave shouldn't even be considered a wave in this line proper, but that's beside the point... they should be 'budget' priced considering the tooling is already done AND they come with less accessories and paint apps!!

I'm not gonna lie... I LOVE that Lion-O. But, Super 7 is going to go out of business if they keep preying on our nostalgia and pushing the proverbial pricing envelope with each new announcement.
    We need the POWER of the GOOD and the WAY of the MAGIC !!!

**Staunch FILMation lover!!! **** Uber NEW ADVENTURES Fan!!!**

>>Glad supporter of the Netflix Era<<

Motuc Blister Eater OnlyOneSkeletor's Avatar
    - - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Grayskull Guardsman View Post
    Those prices are ridiculous.
    Ultimates in general, I feel like they’d sell way more inventory at $45 (still pricey) than at $55, pocketing more overall profit.

I know the $55 price point priced me out of any Silverhawks, GI Joes, or Power Rangers. And turned me from all in on Tcats and TMNT to a cherry picker.

$75 for that Mumm-ra is criminal. Even worse was he was the same price as the others when they all went up the first time...
    They know we're the ones going away with these licences so they're maximazing profits while they still can. Detestable mentality but that's where we at this point. Of course, rising cost ain't new at all and the current state of the world doesn't help but, to me the truth lies somewhere between ...

Anyway and as a result, just like you, I refuse to subscribe ot it whether it's Super7 or any other manufacturer animated by such debatable motivations. The cherry picker I had left in the closets since my childhood when parents don't give you much of another choice woke up again. Sad when I recall the natural enthusiasm I still had towards this hobby not so long ago. Heart broke several times lately (Mondo He-Man / She-Ra) but I remember the starting price they were offering their pops back in 2019 which was 165$ for a standard release - 175$ for a deluxe. And thus for some equivalent amount of bonus. Today it's 250$ to 260$ in the name of the good old excuses (labor, oil and whatnot ...). Another opportunity to observe that shameless practice .
    THIS ONE MAKES YOU WANNA DANCE "Behind The Mask" here: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=E6LeebIUKMo
    More info here: https://www.youtube.com/c/GlenLaroch...lightPromotion

Heroic Warrior
    I'm part of the problem I guess cause I am absolutely buying that Lion-O and Mumm-Ra. I think they look great, though they're not going in my main Thundercats display.

I am a little miffed that neither will have any kind of callback to the light up eyes gimmick however. I mean it was only a major selling point for those figures, featured in all of the commercials, etc. I guess I dont understand how in lieu of wireless capes,ma-mutt,multiple claw shields,etc...they couldn't include a head with glowing eyes. Or even have some form of light piping.

Also props to Neca for doing rerelease homages the right way with their GITD Remco mini-monsters homage. No accessories, GITD gimmick, retro cardback at a cheaper price...$60-something for all 3 figures.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Grayskull Guardsman View Post
    $75 for that Mumm-ra is criminal. Even worse was he was the same price as the others when they all went up the first time...
    He was $75 on super 7's site the first time they went up. I definitely remember that cause I was curious how much he was going to be now that all of these are uniformly $55.

Very lacking in accessories for the price.
    Lion-O and Mumm-Ra should have the bonus glow in the dark eyes heads.
    Also Lion-O should have the short version of the Sword of Omens and Mumm-Ra should have his cape. Those accessories would pay homage to the unreleased vintage LJN figures of the Mumm-Ra with the cape and the Lion-O with the Sword of Omens that worked like the vintage Kenner Star Wars lightsabres.
    I do really like the LJN designs for thses figures but with the lack of accessories they are quite expensive.

Realist. Deal with it. Lord Anubis's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Mark M View Post
    Very lacking in accessories for the price.
    Lion-O and Mumm-Ra should have the bonus glow in the dark eyes heads.
    Right!? If there was ever a time to include one of those stupid light Up eye heads this was it. But nooo we get a snarling head that isn’t on the toy it’s inspired by lol. The omission of the power ring even as a goof like the “eyebrow shredder” head is insane.

Also looking at the render it’s very possible mumm-Ra will still not be able to raise his arms.
    It’s still funny online to see people thinking Mumm-Ra’s nose guard being in this forehead is correct also, it makes him look even worse.
    "We are the tools of our own imagination, constructing temples and cathedrals in which our most outlandish dreams become truth." - Samael

Popsicle Lion-O is up for pre-order at BBTS. With their $4 shipping, he's MUCH cheaper than ordering through Super7. Just an FYI for those who want him.
    Check out my on-going project: THE UNOFFICIAL MASTERS OF THE UNIVERSE CLASSICS COMPLETE COLLECTION GUIDE
    Featuring photos, bios, accessories, release dates, and trivia for every figure, beast, vehicle and playset released in Masters of the Universe Classics!

Quote Originally Posted by Lord Anubis View Post
    Right!? If there was ever a time to include one of those stupid light Up eye heads this was it. But nooo we get a snarling head that isn’t on the toy it’s inspired by lol. The omission of the power ring even as a goof like the “eyebrow shredder” head is insane.

Also looking at the render it’s very possible mumm-Ra will still not be able to raise his arms.
    It’s still funny online to see people thinking Mumm-Ra’s nose guard being in this forehead is correct also, it makes him look even worse.
    They could even just add the glow in the dark feature to the regular head instead of the pointless alternate head.

Mumm-Ra's helmet is a terrible design for the figure. It looks too small.

Making something wrong just to look like the vintage figure is just wrong. That alternate Shredder head with the eyebrows painted on the helmet was a waist of plastic.

The power ring really should have been included...especially considering all the other pointless accessories they have included with other figures.

Quote Originally Posted by OnlyOneSkeletor View Post
    - - - Updated - - -

They know we're the ones going away with these licences so they're maximazing profits while they still can. Detestable mentality but that's where we at this point. Of course, rising cost ain't new at all and the current state of the world doesn't help but, to me the truth lies somewhere between ...

Anyway and as a result, just like you, I refuse to subscribe ot it whether it's Super7 or any other manufacturer animated by such debatable motivations. The cherry picker I had left in the closets since my childhood when parents don't give you much of another choice woke up again. Sad when I recall the natural enthusiasm I still had towards this hobby not so long ago. Heart broke several times lately (Mondo He-Man / She-Ra) but I remember the starting price they were offering their pops back in 2019 which was 165$ for a standard release - 175$ for a deluxe. And thus for some equivalent amount of bonus. Today it's 250$ to 260$ in the name of the good old excuses (labor, oil and whatnot ...). Another opportunity to observe that shameless practice .
    Yeah... I still have not gotten over the sting of that Mondo She-Ra.

She is about as basic a figure as you can get in 1:6 scale and mostly plastic... there is no way she should have been $250, no way. Even $199 would be pushing it for an oversized action figure.

I'm sure that I'll love her to death when she arrives, but I will never shake the feeling that Mondo took us for a ride simply due to the demand for her.

Heroic Warrior
    Watching the cartoon amd man the female voices are so damn horrible lol. Cheetaras willas mandora lol.

Court Magician
    Quote Originally Posted by unclassified View Post
    Watching the cartoon amd man the female voices are so damn horrible lol. Cheetaras willas mandora lol.

I think Lynne Lipton did pretty well considering she did all the female voices on her own.

I always liked all of the voices in ThunderCats...

Especially Willa and Nayda. Willa was like that stern aunt you had growing up and Nayda was like the naive cousin!

It's hard to picture ANY of these characters and not think of their voices... I can't imagine a different voice for any of them.

Heroic Warrior
    It's like she drones. And one person explains why all the voices sound so weird.

Heroic Warrior Lazer Force Zodac's Avatar
    PoP Figures have to be based on the Vintage toys! This is NOT Filmation's Masters Of The Universe Classics MySpace Custom Blog

So the new Super 7 Lion-O mould used for the Mirror, SDCC and LJn variants is even shorter than the original Mattel/Super 7 release.
    The one issue that needed corrected on a new Lion-O and they make it worse by making it even shorter.

Heroic Warrior KingRandorFacepalm's Avatar
    So the new Super 7 Lion-O mould used for the Mirror, SDCC and LJn variants is even shorter than the original Mattel/Super 7 release.
    The one issue that needed corrected on a new Lion-O and they make it worse by making it even shorter.
    While I would like Lion-O to be taller as well, I don't see the new mould as shorter than the previous one. Not sure what people are talking about.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    "Anybody want to buy a used bolo?"

Quote Originally Posted by KingRandorFacepalm View Post
    While I would like Lion-O to be taller as well, I don't see the new mould as shorter than the previous one. Not sure what people are talking about.

https://uploads.tapatalk-cdn.com/202...2595bd0248.jpg

https://uploads.tapatalk-cdn.com/202...76380b7f3f.jpg

If anything he looks a little taller.

Quote Originally Posted by depp76 View Post
    If anything he looks a little taller.
    Photography is hard. They look the same in hand, at least to me. A hair shorter from some angels at some times. A hair taller at others.

The one in the Toybro video looked shorter.

I'm really liking those pinless knees and elbows.

Heroic Warrior Grayskull Guardsman's Avatar
    Looks like the flesh tones are too different to make a pinless regular Lion-o???

Modern ThunderCats Toys Thread (2)

The one in the Toybro video looked shorter.
    In one portion of the video it seems to look that way (when the original is angled slightly closer to the camera). Another spot in the video they look the same to me. He wasn't doing a height comparison and so placed them down a bit haphazardly and that has consequences for video and photography for sure.

That's why I wanted to show them lined up with their backs against the same surface and photographed as head on as I could manage ('twas a quick photoshoot!). And then back to back. Even then, it's hard to capture things well in photo.

I do like this mould quite a bit better. I would like him taller, but this one is definitely an improvement to my eyes. I like the regular headsculpt he comes with better than the original as well. Would be very glad to get this mould with brighter colors than the original (both Mattel and Super7) on a re-release.

I'm pleased.

Last edited by KingRandorFacepalm; August 9, 2022 at 04:53pm.

I have both Lion-O figures on my desk in front of me right now. They are the same height.
    Check out my on-going project: THE UNOFFICIAL MASTERS OF THE UNIVERSE CLASSICS COMPLETE COLLECTION GUIDE
    Featuring photos, bios, accessories, release dates, and trivia for every figure, beast, vehicle and playset released in Masters of the Universe Classics!

Anyone else noticing backwards shoulders on hook mountain lion-o? What about mirror lion-o?