Page 78 of 90 FirstFirst ... 2868767778798088 ... LastLast
Results 1,926 to 1,950 of 2230

Thread: Modern ThunderCats Toys Thread (2)

Brian Flynn did an interview with ThunderCats.org that was posted yesterday. Flynn hinted at a big item to be revealed soon and shortly thereafter a clip of the Thundertank was shared. Could it be?!

Also, this was news to me -- Super7 has Silverhawks merchandise on their site. Glasses, shirts, etc. When asked about figures, Flynn said it would be silly for them to have the license and not do figures. Hello! I would love Silverhawks Ultimates figures. I'm sure other ThunderCats fans agree, as the two properties kinda go hand-in-hand.
    Check out my on-going project: THE UNOFFICIAL MASTERS OF THE UNIVERSE CLASSICS COMPLETE COLLECTION GUIDE
    Featuring photos, bios, accessories, release dates, and trivia for every figure, beast, vehicle and playset released in Masters of the Universe Classics!

Quote Originally Posted by Wakko View Post
    Brian Flynn did an interview with ThunderCats.org that was posted yesterday. Flynn hinted at a big item to be revealed soon and shortly thereafter a clip of the Thundertank was shared. Could it be?!

Also, this was news to me -- Super7 has Silverhawks merchandise on their site. Glasses, shirts, etc. When asked about figures, Flynn said it would be silly for them to have the license and not do figures. Hello! I would love Silverhawks Ultimates figures. I'm sure other ThunderCats fans agree, as the two properties kinda go hand-in-hand.
    I had never understood the appeal of Silverhawks. I tried getting into the cartoon and watched several episodes but it was terrible...although better than Tigersharks.

Master of Hosting Events! JohnnyC's Avatar

Link to the interview?

Also, I loooove Silverhawks. They don't have it listed that they carry the license for that brand, though. Not sure what that's about, but new figures would be gobbled up, no doubt.

-Johnny C

Heroic Warrior
    Quote Originally Posted by JohnnyC View Post
    Link to the interview?

Also, I loooove Silverhawks. They don't have it listed that they carry the license for that brand, though. Not sure what that's about, but new figures would be gobbled up, no doubt.

-Johnny C
    http://thundercats.org/2021/01/brian...21-and-beyond/

Not saying they have it seems to have been intentional...

Heroic Warrior
    Quote Originally Posted by JohnnyC View Post
    Link to the interview?

-Johnny C
    They produce and sell Silverhawks merch on their site like drinking glasses, shirts, etc.

Quote Originally Posted by Mark M View Post
    I had never understood the appeal of Silverhawks. I tried getting into the cartoon and watched several episodes but it was terrible...although better than Tigersharks.
    I like the aesthetics of the characters, and the cartoon had a weird charm about it, but it was ultimately a pale imitation of ThunderCats and doesn't rank among the best 80s cartoons. But for some reason I love the show and totally want ultimates figures.
    Check out my on-going project: THE UNOFFICIAL MASTERS OF THE UNIVERSE CLASSICS COMPLETE COLLECTION GUIDE
    Featuring photos, bios, accessories, release dates, and trivia for every figure, beast, vehicle and playset released in Masters of the Universe Classics!

I like the aesthetics of the characters, and the cartoon had a weird charm about it, but it was ultimately a pale imitation of ThunderCats and doesn't rank among the best 80s cartoons. But for some reason I love the show and totally want ultimates figures.
    Some of the designs of the Silverhawks, Quicksilver at least, was pretty cool. From the episodes I watched I found the characters and designs of the villains a lot more interesting. although Monstar was a bit of a mess. His transformation seemed a bit pointless and a bit out of place for the leader of a space gangster/mob boss.

Silverhawks were cool because of their action features, and their Vac-Metal. The designs were ok. Take away the Vac-Metal and the action features, you don't have much more than Gatchaman.

If the figures don't have Vac-Metal or some sort of advanced paint application that looks close to vac-metal, I would just hate even looking at those figures, especially if I paid $50 for them.

Since the GITD Mumm-Ra has shipped, just watching Pixel-Dan's review I was reminded of such a missed opportunity. Mumm-Ra's head, hands and feet should have been molded in the Blue Glow in the dark plastic that their Baxter Stockman was made out of. It might have been one of the coolest figures ever, instead of just pretty cool.
    Last edited by darkmoon766; January 16, 2021 at 04:02pm.

Quote Originally Posted by darkmoon766 View Post
    Silverhawks were cool because of their action features, and their Vac-Metal. The designs were ok. Take away the Vac-Metal and the action features, you don't have much more than Gatchaman.

If the figures don't have Vac-Metal or some sort of advanced paint application that looks close to vac-metal, I would just hate even looking at those figures, especially if I paid $50 for them.

Since the GITD Mumm-Ra has shipped, just watching Pixel-Dan's review I was reminded of such a missed opportunity. Mumm-Ra's head, hands and feet should have been molded in the Blue Glow in the dark plastic that their Baxter Stockman was made out of. It might have been one of the coolest figures ever, instead of just pretty cool.
    I can see them going this route for Spirit Jaga... (though, I would personally prefer a painted/translucent hybrid.)

As for Silverhawks, I love the whole idea of them. I had almost the entire collection as a kid and would draw pictures of them at school while, foolishly, coloring them in with those old sharpie silver paint markers, lol.

To me, the Silverhawks are like the Green Lantern Corps, out to police and defend the highways of the heavens in their flight. Plus, they have some of the absolute coolest antagonists ever created!

I would welcome a Silverhawk resurgence!!
    We need the POWER of the GOOD and the WAY of the MAGIC !!!

**Staunch FILMation lover!!! **** Uber NEW ADVENTURES Fan!!!**
    Waiting for more William Stout characters!!!

From the interview:

Weíre still in in the midst of ThunderCats, and weíve just started talking about Silverhawks, so no comment yet on Tigersharks. Theyíre basically ThunderCats in the water and Silverhawks are ThunderCats in the sky.
    Brian clearly doesn't actually know anything about these shows, and instead just parrots what other people say. Good Lord.

And I see we've moved from a March arrival of Wave 2 to......a June arrival.

And now there's talks of a ThunderTank being released. I'm sure we'll pay for it next month and get it in 2028.

We got the first wave in August/September. The second just passed a year since it's preorder, and will be released 10 months after the first.

This is ridiculous. They can somehow get repaints out, but not the correction packs on time. Or their main waves. TMNT isn't having the issue to this extent.

Same. Iím happy for SH fans but hard pass on figs and on the occasional talk of some unified universe reboot.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Quote Originally Posted by LioConvoy View Post
    From the interview:

Brian clearly doesn't actually know anything about these shows, and instead just parrots what other people say. Good Lord.

And now there's talks of a ThunderTank being released. I'm sure we'll pay for it next month and get it in 2028.

We got the first wave in August/September. The second just passed a year since it's preorder, and will be released 10 months after the first.

This is ridiculous. They can somehow get repaints out, but not the correction packs on time. Or their main waves. TMNT isn't having the issue to this extent.
    I mean, your points are good and fair, but all I can hear is ThunderTank and honestly Iím salivating and already mentally pulling the money from savings.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Heroic Warrior
    From the interview:

Yeah, I hated that he said that. He came off as someone on the outside looking in with that comment. I'm assuming there's someone on his team that is actually a passionate fan so why not let them handle interviews/fan interactions instead? They do that for their wrestling stuff.

Quote Originally Posted by Dcr4 View Post
    Yeah, I hated that he said that. He came off as someone on the outside looking in with that comment. I'm assuming there's someone on his team that is actually a passionate fan so why not let them handle interviews/fan interactions instead? They do that for their wrestling stuff.
    Considering the state of their wrestlign figures I don't know if that would be a good idea.

Quote Originally Posted by darkmoon766 View Post

I'll voice a minority opinion here and say that I hope Silverhawks Ultimates figures aren't vac-metal. For whatever reason, I have the kind of skin that makes vac-metal deteriorate quickly. My fingers lift ink off magazine covers. As a kid, I barely played with my Super Powers Cyborg figure because I knew my fingers would ruin his paint job. So yeah... for personal reasons I've against vac-metal figures. I hope they are given shiny metallic paint instead, like the DC Universe Classics Metal Men figures.

It's gotten so ridiculous (and predictable) that I try not to pay attention to release dates anymore. I'm glad to see new reveals so that I know which figures we're getting eventually, but then honestly I try to forget all about which figures are forthcoming because Super7's inability to deliver anything on time (or even just a little late) is chronic and unprofessional. So yeah, I try to put it out of mind and then I can be pleasantly surprised when, 18 or so months later, the figures actually start shipping out. It takes a lot of fun out of collecting the line, but given how unrewarding being a ThunderCats fan is in general, at least we're finally getting cool figures with the hope that this will eventually be a comprehensive, definitive line.

Heroic Warrior
    Them doing a thunder tank got me a bit idk. I'm not to sure they are capable of something like that.

As for silver hawks, I honestly dontbg a ve b no connection, barely a memory and something tells me they weren't cool back then. I'd have to see them idk. And no clue about tiger sharks. I think the cats will be my extent on them properties.

Sent from my SPH-L720T using Tapatalk

I'll voice a minority opinion here and say that I hope Silverhawks Ultimates figures aren't vac-metal. For whatever reason, I have the kind of skin that makes vac-metal deteriorate quickly. My fingers lift ink off magazine covers. As a kid, I barely played with my Super Powers Cyborg figure because I knew my fingers would ruin his paint job. So yeah... for personal reasons I've against vac-metal figures. I hope they are given shiny metallic paint instead, like the DC Universe Classics Metal Men figures.
    Even though vac-metal coating has come a long way since the days of 80's toys, I could go either way. A solid silver paint scheme would work just as well for me... it has worked out for many of the Silver Surfer figures that have been released recently.

It's gotten so ridiculous (and predictable) that I try not to pay attention to release dates anymore. I'm glad to see new reveals so that I know which figures we're getting eventually, but then honestly I try to forget all about which figures are forthcoming because Super7's inability to deliver anything on time (or even just a little late) is chronic and unprofessional. So yeah, I try to put it out of mind and then I can be pleasantly surprised when, 18 or so months later, the figures actually start shipping out. It takes a lot of fun out of collecting the line, but given how unrewarding being a ThunderCats fan is in general, at least we're finally getting cool figures with the hope that this will eventually be a comprehensive, definitive line.
    Seriously.

Release dates are just a bad idea for a smaller company who has a terrible track record anyway.

Super 7 should just use the terms early year, mid-year and late year instead of actual months... Even though they would still be wrong, they wouldn't look quite so foolish.

Heroic Warrior
    Quote Originally Posted by unclassified View Post
    Them doing a thunder tank got me a bit idk. I'm not to sure they are capable of something like that.

I donít know, they pulled off a tiny playset called Snake Mountain. Sure, itís not perfect and has some small issues, but otherwise pretty amazing IMO

Quote Originally Posted by Ornclown View Post
    Even though vac-metal coating has come a long way since the days of 80's toys, I could go either way. A solid silver paint scheme would work just as well for me... it has worked out for many of the Silver Surfer figures that have been released recently.

Seriously.

Release dates are just a bad idea for a smaller company who has a terrible track record anyway.

Super 7 should just use the terms early year, mid-year and late year instead of actual months... Even though they would still be wrong, they wouldn't look quite so foolish.
    Not delivering their proucts on time is bad enough but it's more insulting that after all the delays their products are either different from the images when pre-ordered and have major quality control issues.
    Super 7 have been producing Classics/Ultimates figures since 2017 and almost every wave of figures they have produced so far have had quality control issues.
    The only wave I have heard of that hasn't had a lot of issues is the MOTU Movie wave...although it did have some questionable design choices.

- - - Updated - - -
    Last edited by Mark M; January 18, 2021 at 11:58am.

Heroic Warrior
    Quote Originally Posted by racer x View Post
    I donít know, they pulled off a tiny playset called Snake Mountain. Sure, itís not perfect and has some small issues, but otherwise pretty amazing IMO
    That's a moulded shell with no mechanisms, nor engineering plus wasn't designed by them but for them, actually for mattel. They just got it casted. That's totally different thing. Snake mountain is far from all that great and is much easier to make than a vehicle that has mechanisms. It was way to expensive for what we got. Be honest. The thing has more wtf's than wows. It's not a high end piece of quality either.

Quote Originally Posted by unclassified View Post
    That's a moulded shell with no mechanisms, nor engineering plus wasn't designed by them but for them, actually for mattel. They just got it casted. That's totally different thing. Snake mountain is far from all that great and is much easier to make than a vehicle that has mechanisms. It was way to expensive for what we got. Be honest. The thing has more wtf's than wows. It's not a high end piece of quality either.

This 100%. A hollow plastic shell, a trap door, a dungeon that can't hold one figure and a throne Skeletor can't properly sit in.

This 100%. A hollow plastic shell, a trap door, a dungeon that can't hold one figure and a throne Skeletor can't properly sit in.
    Ugh, I wish I hadn't read this. I'll admit I'm making every effort to keep my blinders on about Snake Mountain. It's an impressive shell, but it's still not much more than a shell, and I'm trying not to admit that to myself, along with the forehead-slapping shortcomings surrounding the bridge, throne, and steps. It could have -- and very much should have -- been so much more, especially considering how much time and money they had to get it right.

One consolation: the secondary market value is quite big.

Now there's talk of Super 7 doing Ultimates of BraveStarr, Thundarr and Blackstar!!

Heroic Warrior
    Quote Originally Posted by Ornclown View Post
    Now there's talk of Super 7 doing Ultimates of BraveStarr, Thundarr and Blackstar!!
    Been asking for thundarr. I'm down for 2 out of the 3