Page 170 of 171 FirstFirst ... 70120160168169170171 LastLast
Results 4,226 to 4,250 of 4273

Thread: Modern ThunderCats Toys Thread (2)

Realist. Deal with it. Lord Anubis's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Baedal View Post
    Sorry, but I like consistent lines, apparently Super7 doesn't know the word "coherence".

- - - Updated - - -

The question is why did they discard it and show it to us like this, clearly it is not what we will receive, unfortunately.
    I think you may have this reversed. The sharp boots is a digital render, the hard copy is a 3D printed prototype. They must have tweeted the boots before printing it and kept the crappy render online for promo reasons.

Iíd assume the biggest issue with Lion-O will be his reversed shoulders.I did send an email off to s7 to let them know there is a flaw with the figures and was told I can just return them if I was unhappy. (I did order an ice lion-o because the gimmick looked neat).

Personally I think this wave looks good except mumm-raís head dress looking like trash.
    "We are the tools of our own imagination, constructing temples and cathedrals in which our most outlandish dreams become truth." - Samael

Heroic Warrior KingRandorFacepalm's Avatar

Modern ThunderCats Toys Thread (2)

Sorry, but I like consistent lines, apparently Super7 doesn't know the word "coherence".

- - - Updated - - -

The question is why did they discard it and show it to us like this, clearly it is not what we will receive, unfortunately.
    I don't follow. It looks like they changed the boots from the digital render to the physical prototype. Why does that make it clear the prototype boots will not be what we receive? If they had the more accurate LJN boots on the render but they disappeared with the physical prototype, I would understand. What's your thinkng here?

Edit: I was composing this just as Anubis was posting the same thing.

Anubis, I hear you on the headdress. I was glad to hear in the video that it will be a separate piece, though, so you can place it with the nose guard farther down if you choose.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    Last edited by KingRandorFacepalm; August 12, 2022 at 12:27pm.
    "Anybody want to buy a used bolo?"

Quote Originally Posted by KingRandorFacepalm View Post
    I don't follow. It looks like they changed the boots from the digital render to the physical prototype. Why does that make it clear the prototype boots will not be what we receive? If they had the more accurate LJN boots on the render but they disappeared with the physical prototype, I would understand. What's your thinkng here?

Edit: I was composing this just as Anubis was posting the same thing.

Anubis, I hear you on the headdress. I was glad to hear in the video that it will be a separate piece, though, so you can place it with the nose guard farther down if you choose.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Absolutely man, weíre on the same page here, looks like the digi render was changed to be better which is good news! Personally Iíd rather see the ring that he alternate head but it is what it is.

For Mummís if his head dress can be titled over the nose I will absolutely support this. Itís very clear they were using images of how it was displayed back in the day but not intended, if they go the extra mile to make sure these turn out right I will always support them.

It would be really nice to see them putting extra effort in and correcting mistakes. The goal has always been for these to be worth the 75 dollars to make sure these keep going. Unfortunately people take that as hating.
    "We are the tools of our own imagination, constructing temples and cathedrals in which our most outlandish dreams become truth." - Samael

Quote Originally Posted by Lord Anubis View Post
    Absolutely man, weíre on the same page here, looks like the digi render was changed to be better which is good news! Personally Iíd rather see the ring that he alternate head but it is what it is.

For Mummís if his head dress can be titled over the nose I will absolutely support this. Itís very clear they were using images of how it was displayed back in the day but not intended, if they go the extra mile to make sure these turn out right I will always support them.

It would be really nice to see them putting extra effort in and correcting mistakes. The goal has always been for these to be worth the 75 dollars to make sure these keep going. Unfortunately people take that as hating.
    I wish Brian Flynn would confirm which of the two versions we will be receiving, hopefully the improved printed prototype.

If it's the render version, I'd like to know why you scrapped a clearly better and more accurate version.

I wish Brian Flynn would confirm which of the two versions we will be receiving, hopefully the improved printed prototype.

If it's the render version, I'd like to know why you scrapped a clearly better and more accurate version.
    Donít expect confirmation with anything. I was hounding them for which Mandora helmet color we are getting, weíve seen silver and gray, and they wonít confirm anything. I would assume at this point itís to cover them from factory accident swaps.

But itís pretty clear the digital render came first because itís mostly a modified red and ice Lion-O buck. The new legs are something completely different.

Donít expect confirmation with anything. I was hounding them for which Mandora helmet color we are getting, weíve seen silver and gray, and they wonít confirm anything. I would assume at this point itís to cover them from factory accident swaps.

But itís pretty clear the digital render came first because itís mostly a modified red and ice Lion-O buck. The new legs are something completely different.
    It's disappointing to receive an inferior version when they designed a more accurate and better one, possibly because of cut costs in the tooling of the boots and new belt.

It's disappointing to receive an inferior version when they designed a more accurate and better one, possibly because of cut costs in the tooling of the boots and new belt.
    Isn't that their niche now though lol.

Quote Originally Posted by KingRandorFacepalm View Post

Wait a second... what is the consensus here. Do we think that Lion-O will have the LJN boots & belt, or will he turn out like the digital render?

I'm really hoping for a more accurate vintage look. It would be awful if Super 7 teases that physical sculpt with legit changes and then short-changes us...
    We need the POWER of the GOOD and the WAY of the MAGIC !!!

**Staunch FILMation lover!!! **** Uber NEW ADVENTURES Fan!!!**

>>Glad supporter of the Netflix Era<<

Quote Originally Posted by Ornclown View Post
    Wait a second... what is the consensus here. Do we think that Lion-O will have the LJN boots & belt, or will he turn out like the digital render?

I'm really hoping for a more accurate vintage look. It would be awful if Super 7 teases that physical sculpt with legit changes and then short-changes us...
    Iím definitely of the mindset the LJN legs will be the final result. The digital renders are usually a first pass like with Hammerhand and they corrected his pants when it came to hard copy.

This Lion-O looks a bit beefier and Iím not sure if that he is taller in the shins or his legs are an illusion but if we get this Lion-O body and face with cartoon colors I will buy that too. The Mattel s7 v1 looks so outdated next to Tygra, Cheetara, BenGali and Lynx-O (Pumyra is just a nope from height, color, accessories, glued belt, etc). They all look like they could kick Lion-Oís butt, so any updated Lion-O is welcomed to me and honestly the LJN colors will at least be vibrant for now. Hopefully his shoulders are correct because the Ice figure was truly fun, but I canít keep giving s7 money knowing they arenít using quality control.

I’m definitely of the mindset the LJN legs will be the final result. The digital renders are usually a first pass like with Hammerhand and they corrected his pants when it came to hard copy.
    God, I certainly hope so!!

- - - Updated - - -

Okay, so this video was published 4 days ago... and on the table you can clearly see that Lion-O has the corrected boots.

Does this mean that we will get them on the final product? I ask because they continue to use the digital render to promote the figure... with the wrong boots!

BTW, that second Mumm-Ra head sold me on the figure... I hope that they fix the head dress positioning.
    Last edited by Ornclown; August 15, 2022 at 01:41am.

Does this mean that we will get them on the final product? I ask because they continue to use the digital render to promote the figure... with the wrong boots!

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=GBWEpuksZ4c

BTW, that second Mumm-Ra head sold me on the figure... I hope that they fix the head dress positioning.
    I would say those will be the final product.

The LJN coloured figures all look great.

26A1B651-BF35-413E-AA3D-A805C541B840.jpeg

Mummís looks fixed up with a new bandages and head dress.

My one critique is no power ring even if it was empty. We definitely didnít need 2 heads for everyone.

Alas if this wave is accurate to the prototypes here, I will buy them just to support all the hard work. When they get it right, they get it right. Kudos to all involved in this wave.

God, I certainly hope so!!

- - - Updated - - -

Okay, so this video was published 4 days ago... and on the table you can clearly see that Lion-O has the corrected boots.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=GBWEpuksZ4c

Don't forget the corrected belt too.

Quote Originally Posted by Mark M View Post
    I would say those will be the final product.

The LJN coloured figures all look great.
    Fingers crossed!

I agree, I am loving these homage LJN figures... even though I still think that they should be a separate wave made at a cheaper price point.

Don't forget the corrected belt too.
    Yup! And the belt with throwback derpy cat insignia!

Fingers crossed!

I agree, I am loving these homage LJN figures... even though I still think that they should be a separate wave made at a cheaper price point.
    I definitely agree. They could also come with some more accessories.

Quote Originally Posted by Mark M View Post
    I definitely agree. They could also come with some more accessories.
    Iíd scrap the extra head even though they turned out amazing, in favor of the ring or a LJN dagger sword of omens. Sure it didnít exist but neither did the second head, at least the dagger would have been useful.

Actually if they HAD to do a second head use the glow in the dark eyes, like if there was ever a time to use that featureÖ.

To be honest I may buy these and just gut them to add LEDís. However cracking the chests on these guys is near impossible.

Iíd scrap the extra head even though they turned out amazing, in favor of the ring or a LJN dagger sword of omens. Sure it didnít exist but neither did the second head, at least the dagger would have been useful.

Actually if they HAD to do a second head use the glow in the dark eyes, like if there was ever a time to use that featureÖ.

To be honest I may buy these and just gut them to add LEDís. However cracking the chests on these guys is near impossible.
    An LJN dagger Sword of Owens would have been awesome.

It's ironic that the two figures specifically based on toys with a light up fearure are the ones that don't have a glow in the feature.

Did anyone else notice that Mumm-ra has a NEW head (see below):
    New Wave 6 Mumm-Ra Head.jpg
    Attached Images Attached Images
    "If it ain't broke, don't fix it!"

Are you saying their ultimates figure had an LJN head originally and theyíve changed it from the premature announcement?

Quote Originally Posted by Brodod View Post
    Are you saying their ultimates figure had an LJN head originally and theyíve changed it from the premature announcement?
    They haven't changed it. The pics on their website clearly show the toy version head.

Quote Originally Posted by Rioblast View Post
    Did anyone else notice that Mumm-ra has a NEW head (see below):
    New Wave 6 Mumm-Ra Head.jpg
    Weird... this shows three completely different head sculpts.

Are we going to get a third portrait? (I certainly wouldn't mind at this price point...)

Heroic Warrior

Are we going to get a third portrait? (I certainly wouldn't mind at this price point...)
    Haha yeah I hear ya.

Sent from my SM-A326U using Tapatalk

It would be nice if we got all THREE of these heads but if S7 decides to keep it down to TWO heads then I hope they keep the regular vintage head AND this new "evil smiling head".
    The "angry grimcing head" seems a little redundant since the regular vintage head is already "angry".
    "If it ain't broke, don't fix it!"

It would be nice if we got all THREE of these heads but if S7 decides to keep it down to TWO heads then I hope they keep the regular vintage head AND this new "evil smiling head".
    The "angry grimcing head" seems a little redundant since the regular vintage head is already "angry".
    The fabric cape would be a better accessory than the angry expression head.

I don't know... that angry grimace is pretty sweet looking. It really sold me on the figure after waffling for awhile...