Page 71 of 72 FirstFirst ... 216169707172 LastLast
Results 1,751 to 1,775 of 1792

Thread: Modern ThunderCats Toys Thread (2)

WOW! Wave 4 looks great! Love how the prototypes look. Monkian looks awesome. Now we just gotta get production figures that look just like them.

I did get my Wave 1 figures in today and I really like them. Overall I am extremely happy with them. These are much better figures than my previous S7 MOTU figures.

Outside the obvious paint deco flaws that S7 is correcting, I'm pretty happy. My only gripe is Lion-O's skin tone is just way too light. None of my figures had sloppy paint.

Quote Originally Posted by Wakko View Post
    Awesome!!!

That scaled-to-fit-Mumm-Ra head that comes with Pumm-Ra is a nice touch.
    So Mumm-ra won't have the right scale? Will it be smaller than it should be?

Heroic sculptor of toys Battle_Brak's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Baedal View Post
    Mumm-ra shrunk to average size when he disguised himself as Pumm-ra. So the standard Pumm-ra head would be tiny on Mumm-ra.
    Check out my artwork: https://aarondoyle.artstation.com/

Yes he will there are three heads for Pumm-Ra. Standard, Snarling and a larger Snarling head scaled to fit the wave two Mumm-Ra the ever living figure

Last edited by mjw41; September 16, 2020 at 06:37pm.
    So Glad Super7 has the Thundercats Lic. Looking forward to all they have to offer.

A cool wave, I’ll get them all except Pumm-Ra, no connection to the character and I hate soft goods so easy pass.

Snowman and Monkian look really good. This wave feels a bit light on accessories though, especially Lynx-O. Maybe there’s more to reveal?
    I am an illustrator, please check out my work:

www.lukespicer.com

Heroic Warrior
    Quote Originally Posted by KingRandorFacepalm View Post
    From the Super7 preorder page..
    https://uploads.tapatalk-cdn.com/202...2e60435ee6.jpg

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    A solid lineup!! That Monkian looks FANTASTIC!!!

Hopefully Pumm-Ra's soft goods clothing turns out as good as it looks on the prototype.
    200X fan? Classic fan? What does that mean? I'm a MotU fan!!!

Mumm-ra shrunk but make his head bigger? That doesn't make sense.
    Mumm-Ra shrunk to become Pumm-Ra. When he was transforming from Ever-Living to Pumm-Ra, though, he started with his head, which sat upon the beefier shoulders of his Ever-Living body. And then when he reversed the transformation, they just reversed the animation, meaning again we see Pumm-Ra's head in Ever-Living's body. It's actually a pretty cool animated sequence.
    I am Imp's number one fan.

Mumm-ra shrunk but make his head bigger? That doesn't make sense.
    The standard Pumm-Ra head would beout of proportion on the Mumm-Ra figure.
    Near the and of the episode when he is changing Pumm-Ra's head is still on Ever Living Mumm-Ra for less than a few seconds. Overall a pretty pointless accessory.

Wave 4 figures all look pretty good. The exception of Lynxo's angry head sculpt. Again a rather pointless accessory. I don't recall him ever having an expression like that in any episode.

Court Magician
    I like the look of the figures (though I personally find Pumm-Ra's soft goods outfit a little disappointing) but the short pre-order window and lack of payment plan option is a right pain. I seem to remember that the payment plan for wave 3 was announced after the initial reveal though, so maybe there's some hope...
    "Showtunes and booze, kids - that's what keeps me happy."

They look good. Also, not a fan of the soft goods but I am gonna buy a set. Was really hoping for Bengali. Hopefully he will be in the next wave.
    MYP SKELETOR , Kay-la, ABC GIANTS, MYP Evil-lyn, MYP Sorceress, MYP Captain Miro, Queen Andreeno ,MYP King Randor, MYP or Dc Tri-Klops, MYP Squeeeze, General Rattlor, MYP Roboto

I like the addition of some of the more obscure characters such as Snowman. I may regret not collecting the line if they do everyone. Definitely need a Mongor and Safari Joe.

Quote Originally Posted by ipsissimus_clay View Post
    I like the look of the figures (though I personally find Pumm-Ra's soft goods outfit a little disappointing) but the short pre-order window and lack of payment plan option is a right pain. I seem to remember that the payment plan for wave 3 was announced after the initial reveal though, so maybe there's some hope...
    Order through BBTS.com.... they won't charge you until it ships and they usually have a longer time to order. I use them, they're fantastic.

-Johnny C

Quote Originally Posted by Mark M View Post
    The exception of Lynxo's angry head sculpt. Again a rather pointless accessory. I don't recall him ever having an expression like that in any episode.
    Maybe not, but I think that it looks pretty cool and adds a little something different to the figure. No problem here with it at all.

- - - Updated - - -

I like the look of the figures (though I personally find Pumm-Ra's soft goods outfit a little disappointing)
    See, that's where you can't please everyone unless you add both. I think it looks great "if that's how it actually turns out" rather then some stiff, clunky chunk of immovable plastic just sitting there.

Okay... so now, we have the proper TCats "musculature" with Monkian. Does that mean we will eventually get a proper Lion-O and Tygra?

The ThunderCats cast has always had that "not quite human" anatomy that set them apart from things like He-Man and Blackstarr.

Also, no Snow Meow - No Snow Man for me.
    We need the POWER of the GOOD and the WAY of the MAGIC !!!

**Staunch FILMation lover!!! **** Uber NEW ADVENTURES Fan!!!**
    Waiting for more William Stout characters!!!

Quote Originally Posted by Ornclown View Post
    Okay... so now, we have the proper TCats "musculature" with Monkian. Does that mean we will eventually get a proper Lion-O and Tygra?

The ThunderCats cast has always had that "not quite human" anatomy that set them apart from things like He-Man and Blackstarr.

https://i.pinimg.com/originals/8b/01...ae4adc06fb.jpg

Also, no Snow Meow - No Snow Man for me.
    It's what I recommended to Brian through ToyBro last month; scale down the Mumm-Ra/Grune chest and use it for the main buck. Not sure if this was a result of that, but I'm glad it was done either way.

Right now though, Monkian is off model in color and face. Snowman is also off in color. I'll post comparisons later.

I will say I'm noticing that these figures are coming with FAR less parts than the first wave, but the price is staying the same. That troubles me.

Heroic Warrior KingRandorFacepalm's Avatar
    Wave 4 looks great! And the longer I have the new Lion-O out (with the alternate head) the more I'm liking it quite a bit better than the Mattel version (from the alternate head to the feel of the plastic). Really pleased with this line.

I'm wondering if Lynx-O, especially, might end up coming with some extra accessories. He's pretty sparse. Again, love the extra head--I think the only one I've not been excited about is Panthro's.

Hoping Pumm-Ra will come with a plastic robe. Just don't like soft goods in general. Picture looks great--I just have my preferences.

Also wouldn't mind seeing them take another go at Monkian's snout and give us some chin on him.

Still thrilled with this wave as is. So good.

Hoping for wave 5: Mandora (oh please), Bengali, Vultureman, and Safari Joe.

Holiday 2020: Spirit Jaga

SDCC 2021: Snarf and Snarfer

Good times for sure!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    "Anybody want to buy a used bolo?"

Heroic Warrior Orko's Magic Hat's Avatar
    What a great wave! Snowman and Monkian looks fantastic, seriously cannot wait to own these. Lynx-O looks like as I expected, I think he needs another accessory though.

The star for me is Pumm-Ra. I have been a fan ever since I first saw the episode, he looks creepy and wonderful at the same time. I for one love soft goods on figures as I think they add that something special to figures, a bit like Hot Toys figures, so I'm all for that.
    MOTUC WISHLIST - Karg | Lady Slther | Kothos | Staghorn | Sorceress of Serpos Teela | Hunga the Harpy | Kittrina | Dylamug | Hawke | Angast | Zilora | Artilla | Quakke | Robo-Woman | Great Black Wizard | Enchantress | Red Beast | Delora | DC He-Man | DC Skeletor | Lodar | Fang-Or | Mini Comics Tri-Klops | Filmation Jitsu, Frosta & Kobra Khan | Hans Hammer Holder | Granita |

WOW! Outsanding choices IMO.

Pumm-Ra is the star for me. If you look back in this thread I say at some point theres only a few characters I want that didn't have a vintage LJN figure and Pumm-Ra and Mandora are the two that I mention. So I'm so over the moon to see him in this wave. Generally not being a fan of softgoods it would be great if we got a plastic robe as well like they did with Splinter. Also could be a good figure to come with the LJN Mumm-Ra figure weapons that aren't coming with his Ultimates release.
    Snowman, Monkian, Lynx-O all look good except for Lynx-O's alternate snarling head, just goes back to what I've always said that not every figure needs an alternate head. Can someone remind me what the square accessory he comes with is please?
    UK MOTU Fan Club Members - Add You Member Name to this Thread

Wanted:
    MOTUC He-Ro Staff with green gem
    Keshi Mantenna in red

Quote Originally Posted by LioConvoy View Post
    It's what I recommended to Brian through ToyBro last month; scale down the Mumm-Ra/Grune chest and use it for the main buck. Not sure if this was a result of that, but I'm glad it was done either way.

Right now though, Monkian is off model in color and face. Snowman is also off in color. I'll post comparisons later.

I will say I'm noticing that these figures are coming with FAR less parts than the first wave, but the price is staying the same. That troubles me.
    But atleast less accessories means there is less accessories for the factory to mess up.

Quote Originally Posted by 13977 View Post
    WOW! Outsanding choices IMO.

Pumm-Ra is the star for me. If you look back in this thread I say at some point theres only a few characters I want that didn't have a vintage LJN figure and Pumm-Ra and Mandora are the two that I mention. So I'm so over the moon to see him in this wave. Generally not being a fan of softgoods it would be great if we got a plastic robe as well like they did with Splinter. Also could be a good figure to come with the LJN Mumm-Ra figure weapons that aren't coming with his Ultimates release.
    Snowman, Monkian, Lynx-O all look good except for Lynx-O's alternate snarling head, just goes back to what I've always said that not every figure needs an alternate head. Can some one remind me what the square accessory he comes with is please?
    A tile from the Healing Fountain in the Gardens of Thundera. It was a restorative piece in the episode “Book of Omens” that helped restore ThunDera to normal.

But atleast less accessories means there is less accessories for the factory to mess up.
    You’re right. But you’re WRONG for that!

Court Magician
    Quote Originally Posted by JohnnyC View Post
    Order through BBTS.com.... they won't charge you until it ships and they usually have a longer time to order. I use them, they're fantastic.

-Johnny C
    Thanks, I'll look into that!

Quote Originally Posted by Riddle of Steel View Post
    See, that's where you can't please everyone unless you add both. I think it looks great "if that's how it actually turns out" rather then some stiff, clunky chunk of immovable plastic just sitting there.
    Yeah, that's true. I'm not generally a fan of soft goods anyway, though I understand why some people prefer them, but I think my biggest issue is the lack of consistency between figures - but maybe as the line grows and we get more figures with soft goods it'll be less noticeable. It's not a deal-breaker for me though, and I'm excited to finally have a Pumm-Ra!
    "Showtunes and booze, kids - that's what keeps me happy."

Quote Originally Posted by Mark M View Post
    The standard Pumm-Ra head would beout of proportion on the Mumm-Ra figure.
    Near the and of the episode when he is changing Pumm-Ra's head is still on Ever Living Mumm-Ra for less than a few seconds. Overall a pretty pointless accessory.

Wave 4 figures all look pretty good. The exception of Lynxo's angry head sculpt. Again a rather pointless accessory. I don't recall him ever having an expression like that in any episode.
    The Lynx-O buckle is flat with no relief and his feet should be similar to Panthro, like a ninja, not boots. The patterns on his wrists should be irregular not symmetrical. There is something wreid in his ab-crunch and the torso is too simple and lack of details overall.

Snowman, lacks style, is too cartoonish an dull, the hands are terrible (no nails?) and face aren't realistic and stylish like the others. The reason, this figure wasn't sculpted directly by the 4H. I was expecting a much more badass figure. Compare Slithe with Snowman the difference is infinite.

The torso design is inconsistent in all the figures, they must decide whether to use the buck MOTUC or the new more accurate, not both.

ThunderCats Ultimates is taking a less stylized and simpler approach. Like MOTUC Club Grayskull cartoon style, that's not good.

Quote Originally Posted by T-man View Post
    They look good. Also, not a fan of the soft goods but I am gonna buy a set. Was really hoping for Bengali. Hopefully he will be in the next wave.
    Are "Ultimates", should have a plastic robe too, right?

I'm thinking that maybe Super 7 should include build-a-figure pieces for the Berbils, Bolkins, etc. or, just include one outright with characters like Lynx-O...

The accessories are looking extremely lacking in this wave...
    We need the POWER of the GOOD and the WAY of the MAGIC !!!

**Staunch FILMation lover!!! **** Uber NEW ADVENTURES Fan!!!**
    Waiting for more William Stout characters!!!

but I think my biggest issue is the lack of consistency between figures - but maybe as the line grows and we get more figures with soft goods it'll be less noticeable.
    Consistency with what? The soft goods? Every character so far in the line that has a robe, cape or cloak has soft goods. So if that's what you mean, I'm not sure what you mean.....I could be wrong, but I think that Jaga might be getting both if I remember correctly.

I think I remember reading somewhere that they had 7 waves planned so far. Not sure if thats accurate or not but if so I'd be extremely happy if they played out something like the below which covers most of the vintage LJN figures and Mandora then anything after that would be gravy.

Wave 5
    Vultureman
    Bengali
    Mandora
    Mongor

Wave 6
    Ratar-O
    Snarf and Berbil
    Driller
    Tuska Warrior

Wave 7
    Hammerhand