Page 101 of 107 FirstFirst ... 519199100101102103 ... LastLast
Results 2,501 to 2,525 of 2668

Thread: Modern ThunderCats Toys Thread (2)

Heroic Warrior
    So a bit off topic, but any word on Bryan?

Super7 at Power-con: https://youtu.be/V1QzFuFbN6I
    Princesses of Power enthusiast

Those "Not Final" signs please me. At least they acknowledge it and aren't going to be delivering the figures with issues. Probably won't get them until next year, but still.

I know this is beating a dead horse, but when did the pre-sales for these figures go up?

I wonder how many people, who just had a new baby, would have pre-ordered if they knew that they would be putting their kid into school by the time these shipped...?
    We need the POWER of the GOOD and the WAY of the MAGIC !!!

**Staunch FILMation lover!!! **** Uber NEW ADVENTURES Fan!!!**

>>Glad supporter of the Netflix Era<<

Apparently Cheetara will arrive later.

Quote Originally Posted by Baedal View Post
    Apparently Cheetara will arrive later.

http://imgfz.com/i/tn5evAK.jpeg
    Whoever created this jpeg failed at instilling confidence. Swapping shoulders isn't going to fix either Tygra or Mumm-Ra. Mumm-Ra's forearms need to be swapped, and one of Tygra's forearms needs a new sculpt.
    Check out my on-going project: THE UNOFFICIAL MASTERS OF THE UNIVERSE CLASSICS COMPLETE COLLECTION GUIDE
    Featuring photos, bios, accessories, release dates, and trivia for every figure, beast, vehicle and playset released in Masters of the Universe Classics!

Quote Originally Posted by Wakko View Post
    Whoever created this jpeg failed at instilling confidence. Swapping shoulders isn't going to fix either Tygra or Mumm-Ra. Mumm-Ra's forearms need to be swapped, and one of Tygra's forearms needs a new sculpt.
    Rather, the entire right arm needs a new sculpt, the bicep part is also wrong. I think Toyaddict26 misunderstood what the issues were about.

Realist. Deal with it. Lord Anubis's Avatar
    Tygra should be thrown in a dumpster and redone, forget the forearm swap....

His colors are completely off! His other forearm has a random color peg in place at the joint and its just a mess from start to finish. Brian promised they would fix the colors and even showed the fix... they had a whole year to get this.

They also had a whole year to fix Mumm-Ra to be the correct sea foam green..... alas they dont care, and because of that I really dont care much anymore either. If this is how these are gunna turn out, Im done. They are crushing it with TMNT and getting those out non stop.... T-Cats? Nope. Mess up after mess up.
    "We are the tools of our own imagination, constructing temples and cathedrals in which our most outlandish dreams become truth." - Samael

Quote Originally Posted by Lord Anubis View Post
    Tygra should be thrown in a dumpster and redone, forget the forearm swap....

His colors are completely off! His other forearm has a random color peg in place at the joint and its just a mess from start to finish. Brian promised they would fix the colors and even showed the fix... they had a whole year to get this.

They also had a whole year to fix Mumm-Ra to be the correct sea foam green..... alas they dont care, and because of that I really dont care much anymore either. If this is how these are gunna turn out, Im done. They are crushing it with TMNT and getting those out non stop.... T-Cats? Nope. Mess up after mess up.
    Right, as I could see, it doesn't have the correct colors either, the golden circle on the boots isn't painted.

I cancelled all my remaining preorders for the rest of the Thundercats waves. I'm done.

Quote Originally Posted by depp76 View Post
    I cancelled all my remaining preorders for the rest of the Thundercats waves. I'm done.
    I can understand why. Collecting this line (if you can really call it "collecting" since Super7 has barely released anything) has been infinitely more frustrating than rewarding. I'm not at the point of cancelling my pre-orders for TCats, but I am at the point of cancelling my Silverhawks pre-order. I feel like supporting another Ultimates line is a "fool me twice" situation, and at the prices they're demanding, it's just not worth it to me.

I honestly think the only thing Super7 was interested in was getting the glory for "rescuing" ThunderCats Ultimates when Mattel dropped it. So they got the initial glory, but since then have put in minimal effort to actually deliver.
    Check out my on-going project: THE UNOFFICIAL MASTERS OF THE UNIVERSE CLASSICS COMPLETE COLLECTION GUIDE
    Featuring photos, bios, accessories, release dates, and trivia for every figure, beast, vehicle and playset released in Masters of the Universe Classics!

Quote Originally Posted by Baedal View Post
    Right, as I could see, it doesn't have the correct colors either, the golden circle on the boots isn't painted.

http://imgfz.com/i/M7NOG0x.jpeg

http://imgfz.com/i/HeGyJB5.jpeg
    They must have tried really hard to get the colors that wrong. It'd be impressive if it wasn't so sad.

Quote Originally Posted by Wakko View Post
    I can understand why. Collecting this line (if you can really call it "collecting" since Super7 has barely released anything) has been infinitely more frustrating than rewarding. I'm not at the point of cancelling my pre-orders for TCats, but I am at the point of cancelling my Silverhawks pre-order. I feel like supporting another Ultimates line is a "fool me twice" situation, and at the prices they're demanding, it's just not worth it to me.

I honestly think the only thing Super7 was interested in was getting the glory for "rescuing" ThunderCats Ultimates when Mattel dropped it. So they got the initial glory, but since then have put in minimal effort to actually deliver.
    You're lucky. You're only in on 2 Ultimates lines, some of us are up to out necks in them.

I'm not canceling them yet but if wave 2 and 3 ends up being a dud, I will be done. For me, Wave 2 is going to be the "make it or break it" point. Tygra's deco does look pretty bad but I'm fine with Mumm-Ra.

Biggest problem is a lot of the guys who post of S7 social media, and especially some fourms are OK with these mistakes. Im not sure if theyll just accept anything with a thundercats logo on it, or they just have no standards... but Tygra is an insult from top to bottom.

Like OK, Mumm-ra is bad color wise.... but I understand to a degree that some screen caps show him blue.... mind you screen caps from like 1999 jpegs (im serious) but ok sure Super 7.... sure, just repaint him in the future, but at least he matches their mummy version.

Tygra is just a wreck. There is nothing what so ever positive I can say about this figure, the sculpt is odd, the paint is probably the worst ive ever seen on a figure in this price point, and after a year this is just gross.
    "We are the tools of our own imagination, constructing temples and cathedrals in which our most outlandish dreams become truth." - Samael

Is Tygra's head molded in orange plastic, with just tan and black paint apps for the face and stripes?!?

If so, that is some dollar-store production right there...

Heroic Warrior
    Quote Originally Posted by Ornclown View Post
    I know this is beating a dead horse, but when did the pre-sales for these figures go up?

I wonder how many people, who just had a new baby, would have pre-ordered if they knew that they would be putting their kid into school by the time these shipped...?
    January 2020 for wave 2 and april 2020 for wave 3, I believe. So yeah...^^^^

Quote Originally Posted by Ornclown View Post
    Is Tygra's head molded in orange plastic, with just tan and black paint apps for the face and stripes?!?

If so, that is some dollar-store production right there...
    When I saw it in person it looked great? It looked all painted but i am curious, what color plastic do you think it should be molded in?

- - - Updated - - -

Here is the photo I took myself at powercon, see for yourself.

IMG_9252.jpg
    cogito ergo doleo

Quote Originally Posted by King Kahn View Post
    When I saw it in person it looked great? It looked all painted but i am curious, what color plastic do you think it should be molded in?

- - - Updated - - -

Here is the photo I took myself at powercon, see for yourself.

IMG_9252.jpg
    That angle in your picture looks better... it actually looks fully painted.

I couldn't tell from the promo pics if it was a simple orange plastic with paint apps on top or not.

I definitely think that Tygra's head should be molded in orange (as that is the majority color of his head), but then given full paint applications.

Heroic Warrior
    It's always a bit disheartening to see how much difference there is between the prototypes and what is ultimately delivered. The paint on Tygra is just not up to par to what's been shown during pre-order.

The areas on the face should have a starker contrast, the unpainted orange joint looks laughable against the blue forearm, the buttons on the boots are not painted, the red color of the chest logo bleeds into the skin section... and the unpainted plastic parts just look bad. Say what you will about Classics, but at least Mattel painted the entire figure. S7 keeps trying to get a way with unpainted plastic and "sand blasting" to dull the shine abit. Bit it is still very noticable (here: the hair).
    Last edited by Lasastard; September 16, 2021 at 09:19am.

Looks like super 7 just sent out an email, there’s no way we’re seeing any figures this year. It’s just not gonna happen. Cheetara has been pulled which is good but the main issue I see is the lack of discussing Tygra. The forearm is a given to be fixed…. So why are so many fans accepting this bait and switch color? He looks NOTHING like the prototype.

Looks like we won't be seeing any new Thundercats this year. Absolutely shocking.

Quote Originally Posted by Lord Anubis View Post
    So why are so many fans accepting this bait and switch color? He looks NOTHING like the prototype.
    How can we accept it when we don't even have the figure? I don't see anyone here saying he looks great in the wrong colors. Until we get final production samples, it's ludicrous to assume anyone is happy with the figure's deco. I'm not happy with how that sample looked but I'm not canceling cause I don't know what the final product looks like. If it looks bad I'll just cancel my preorder with BBTS. No need to jump off a cliff just yet.

At what point will everyone realize that the Ultimates line (and along with it maybe the rest of Super7's business model) is just a poorly implemented pyramid scheme?

Have 8 Times the amount of pre-orders open at any one time as released figures. Nice income flow. I know not everyone buys direct from them, but some people do. This is just ludicrous. Who In their right mind would pre-order any of this crap before they can start delivering quality product reliably within one and a half years?

If they aren't intending to operate this way, I will state unequivocally that this is not a toy company that wants to sell toys, it is a company that likes to dabble a bit too much into everything they fancy to make. Kind of like a larger scale operation equivalent of Alessandra Fucarino or Barbarossa customs, small time operators that want to produce more than they are capable and take WAY too many preorders than they can ever actually get done in their agreed time frame.

When you order something from these artists, you should expect delays like this. But with Super7, they are like an industrial version of time and resource strapped artists producing art toys, doing it in a proclaimed mass produced scale, but can deliver neither the quality aesthetics of the art toys or on time sturdy well made toys like an actual toy company either.

If this had happened once or twice, OK. But it is a ridiculous pattern and every time they announce a delay they announce ANOTHER line of Ultimates.
    Last edited by darkmoon766; September 18, 2021 at 04:16pm.

Much of Tygra's facepaint is missing...and the boot paint apps. Gosh, I didn't spend money on other toy lines just to buy these.

I feel better about not buying Thundertank now more than ever. I held off on cancelling my orders but since these are not coming out as we paid for them I think canceling everything is the best bet. I am SO happy they don't have the MOTU license anymore. I am not buying anything Super7 anymore.

Sorry for those who like these. IMO to many look bad and its going to have been years by the time they get here. Thundercats must have been not very good sellers and not a priority because Super7 is pumping out every other product they have, even what they started LONG after Thundercats.

Look at those comparison pics a few responses up. Tygra looks like a white guy with make up on instead of a cat.

Sorry for the negativity. I am overwhelmingly disappointed.
    Last edited by T-man; September 17, 2021 at 07:20pm.
    MYP SKELETOR , Kay-la, ABC GIANTS, MYP Evil-lyn, MYP Sorceress, MYP Captain Miro, Queen Andreeno ,MYP King Randor, MYP or Dc Tri-Klops, MYP Squeeeze, General Rattlor, MYP Roboto

Master of Hosting Events! JohnnyC's Avatar
    Just canceled all of my pre-orders with BBTS. Such a shame... all this time has passed and I've just lost interest. Only one I kept was Jaga. I suspect this same sort of cancellation will happen with many others.

-Johnny C