Page 116 of 117 FirstFirst ... 1666106114115116117 LastLast
Results 2,876 to 2,900 of 2924

Thread: Modern ThunderCats Toys Thread (2)

Heroic Warrior
    I went ahead and ordered Bengali, Vultureman and evil Lion-O. I wonder if a year from now we'll actually have them…
    200X fan? Classic fan? What does that mean? I'm a MotU fan!!!

Hm, maybe the out of scale Vulture-Man is what. Rain was alluding to when he said they were doing something different with this wave.

As always, I would be curious to know the conversations that go into their decisions.

Heroic Warrior
    Quote Originally Posted by Brodod View Post
    Hm, maybe the out of scale Vulture-Man is what. Rain was alluding to when he said they were doing something different with this wave.

As always, I would be curious to know the conversations that go into their decisions.
    Except that wouldn't be different with Lion-o, Jackalman and Pumyra all being out of scale already.

Heroic Warrior
    Quote Originally Posted by 13977 View Post
    Next I hope we get:
    Wave 6:
    Ratar-O
    Mongor
    Mandora
    Spirit of Jaga

Wave 7:
    Hachiman
    Captain Shiner
    Driller
    Snarf and Berbil Bill

Wave 8:
    Tuska Warrior or Turmagar the Tuska
    Safari Joe
    Stinger
    Berbil Bert and Berbil Belle

WilyKit, Wily Kat no? Ok then...

(point being, the list seems rather unlikely with some of the absolutely essential core characters still missing)
    Last edited by Lasastard; November 25, 2021 at 09:06am.

Quote Originally Posted by Stratos88 View Post
    Wow, is anyone here getting the Lunataks? I had no idea they were so despised.
    The Lunataks are abominations. Chilla is okay but overall their designs are very weak and just very boring characters.

Chilla and Red Eye were the only ones that would even make interesting toys. I really have no idea and would love to know what Rankin Bass were thinking when they came came up with the Lunataks.

I’m not as emotionally connected to Thundercats as a lot of you guys seem to be so things like Jackalman’s height isn’t bothering me. I certainly wouldn’t have noticed it…and he is literally holding the super power potion. I think he looks great. I love his “mane”, whatever the term is supposed to be for a bird.

I might get Faker Lion-O. I only gave the Mattel version so I don’t have the scowling head and different claw shield. Plus I like Faker type characters.

Bengali looks cool! He and Lynx-O are my favorite cats, purely speaking about their aesthetic design. I like the anvil and the plinth thing. I don’t know all the mythology, so I’m just going with “it looks cool”. Evidently he forged the sword of omens? But that “hot blade” version would look good in Red Lion-O’s hand.

I saw lots of assumptions about guns right before the new pics dropped. These guys seems to come with a veritable arsenal of guns…where ya at now?
    Please check out my custom figures. The first few stink but I get better.

https://www.he-man.org/forums/boards/showthread.php?277602-Masters-of-the-Hadleyverse

I also wrote a fanfic. See the fanfic board. At least four people like it.

Quote Originally Posted by hadley View Post
    I love his “mane”, whatever the term is supposed to be for a bird.
    The term is "Plumage."

Heroic Master of 200X MegaGearMax's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Stratos88 View Post
    Wow, is anyone here getting the Lunataks? I had no idea they were so despised.
    I LOVE the Lunataks. And on FB, plenty of fans wanted a LunaTak over a Berserker.

The Official 200X Sorceress vs 200X Evil-Lyn 2 Pack Support Thread
    The Blonde Teela Thread

Sagitar (Jetlag) • Azdar • Belzar • Chazdar • 200X Evil-Lyn • 200X Teenage Prince Adam • 200X Teenage Teela • 200X Sorceress • General Rattlor (MYP) • 200X King Randor and Queen Marlena • 200X Battle Armor King Randor and Battle Armor Queen Marlena • Ice Armor He-Man • WMD Roboto

Bring back Classics! The All American's Avatar
    This just popped in my head. Mandora's bike is called the Electro-Charger. https://thundercats.fandom.com/wiki/Electro-charger

Maybe WB wanted to make sure it wasn't too close to Electro of Marvel. Someone who is better versed in the trademark department, feel free to chime in.

Clown Prince of Darkness Benedict Judas Hel's Avatar
    The Ninth Level of Hell plotting my slow and painful revenge on the brightly sunlit world...
    Quote Originally Posted by MegaGearMax View Post
    I LOVE the Lunataks. And on FB, plenty of fans wanted a LunaTak over a Berserker.
    I like the Lunataks, too.
    "Wheresoever on earth he dwells, man is prey to two weaknesses: the need to pray and the need to love."-Marquis de Sade

"It is not by reasoning or by our understanding that we have received our religion; it is by external authority and command."-Michel De Montaigne

Heretical Vintage Purist and Non-Fan Extraordinaire!

Quote Originally Posted by Benedict Judas Hel View Post
    I like the Lunataks, too.
    Me too. I want them in Classics more than the Berzerkers.
    Check out my on-going project: THE UNOFFICIAL MASTERS OF THE UNIVERSE CLASSICS COMPLETE COLLECTION GUIDE
    Featuring photos, bios, accessories, release dates, and trivia for every figure, beast, vehicle and playset released in Masters of the Universe Classics!

How can anyone prefer a Lunatak over cool looking cybernetic vikings?

Quote Originally Posted by Mark M View Post
    The heart wants what it wants.
    Check out my on-going project: THE UNOFFICIAL MASTERS OF THE UNIVERSE CLASSICS COMPLETE COLLECTION GUIDE
    Featuring photos, bios, accessories, release dates, and trivia for every figure, beast, vehicle and playset released in Masters of the Universe Classics!

Yeah I am more keen on Lunataks as well.

But I am not actively collecting this line so I am probably just going to get the cats, and Mumm-Ra TEL.

Perhaps not everyone agrees on the "cool looking" part? I kind of liked that Luna was part of that strange late 80s trend of having pint-sized bosses for the bad guys (Krang in TMNT, Ratbat for Transformers in the comics).
    Be sure to read Book of Evil Part 2: The Bells of Doom, only in the He-Man.org Fan Fic & Media forums!
    http://www.he-man.org/forums/boards/...06#post3094406

Cause Hammerhand is the only cool looking one.

Like I said earlier the Lunataks had special powers that made them unique...well maybe not Luna so I'll give you that one. The Mutants were just dimwitted thugs who were interchangeable with each other. Vultureman was the only unique one cause he was the "tech guy." I'm not hating on the Mutants here, I do love them. They just weren't very unique.

Quote Originally Posted by Bonehead View Post
    Cause Hammerhand is the only cool looking one.

Like I said earlier the Lunataks had special powers that made them unique...well maybe not Luna so I'll give you that one. The Mutants were just dimwitted thugs who were interchangeable with each other. Vultureman was the only unique one cause he was the "tech guy." I'm not hating on the Mutants here, I do love them. They just weren't very unique.
    Hammerhand was the coolest but that wa the coolest of a cool group.

I admit the Lunataks had more interesting special powers, but with the exception of Chilla, the Lunaks were just very bland designs.

I would definitely take the Berserkers over the Lunataks any day of the week... but, I can certainly see why they are appealing to fans.

While both the Lunataks and the Berserkers have a super-villain team vibe going for them, the former has more of a horror theme. This creates a bigger sense of fear for the viewers...

I'm personally more in to the medieval / viking / raider / pirate aspects of the Berserkers... and I really had a lot of fun with the Top Spinner figure.
    We need the POWER of the GOOD and the WAY of the MAGIC !!!

**Staunch FILMation lover!!! **** Uber NEW ADVENTURES Fan!!!**

>>Glad supporter of the Netflix Era<<

With the exception of Hammerhand, I really want the Lunataks over the rest of the Berzerkers as well. I just love how bizarre looking they were - plus not having them as a kid boosts them up in my "holy grail" list too. I do hope that all of both of those groups ends up getting made though - I would certainly be disappointed to not get the remaining Berzerkers as well now that we are getting Hammerhand.
    Biggest MOTUC wants - Hunga the Harpy! Yukkers, Colonel Blast, Evil Robot, the Twiggets and Admiral Scurvy! We need the Thundercats Classics back!

For those who do prefer the Berserkers over Lunataks, do you also hope for the concept characters like Quick-Jaw and Cannon-Blaster? Just curious.

I doubt they won't at least try to make the ones who had toys and were on the toon.
    Be sure to read Book of Evil Part 2: The Bells of Doom, only in the He-Man.org Fan Fic & Media forums!
    http://www.he-man.org/forums/boards/...06#post3094406

Personally, I doubt the line will go long enough to get into concept characters. I'm just happy that it's getting an extension beyond the figures Mattel put out. I like the prospect of them making Berserkers because I'd like to see the entire vintage line remade as Ultimates and the vintage Berserkers figures were the most limited (articulation) by their action features. I like the prospect of them making Lunataks because they had cool designs and never had toys at all.

Quote Originally Posted by Ianm1225 View Post
    With the exception of Hammerhand, I really want the Lunataks over the rest of the Berzerkers as well. I just love how bizarre looking they were - plus not having them as a kid boosts them up in my "holy grail" list too. I do hope that all of both of those groups ends up getting made though - I would certainly be disappointed to not get the remaining Berzerkers as well now that we are getting Hammerhand.
    I never thought of it but that's probably one of my reasons for wanting them also.

Yeah put me in the more excited for Lunataks than Hammerhand's crew since we never got toys of them as kids and they always seemed more formidable than the other groups.

The mutants will always be my number 1 bad guy group but Lunas are next.
    cogito ergo doleo

For all of you wanting Lunataks, you better start sending some Thundercats DVDs and animation model sheets to Super 7 and Four Horsemen Studios or you will probably have a Luna bigger than Amok.

Motuc Blister Eater OnlyOneSkeletor's Avatar
    For all of you wanting Lunataks, you better start sending some Thundercats DVDs and animation model sheets to Super 7 and Four Horsemen Studios or you will probably have a Luna bigger than Amok.
    Well, they might actually be pleading in the name of Queen Luna to solve this possible mistake
    Last edited by OnlyOneSkeletor; November 27, 2021 at 09:56am.
    WATCH THE OUTSTANDING NEW MUSIC VIDEO "Almighty's Hand" here: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=eg9ld7ynu6w
    Available on: Itunes Store / Apple Music & Amazon
    More info here: https://www.facebook.com/glenlarocheofficiel