Page 102 of 107 FirstFirst ... 25292100101102103104 ... LastLast
Results 2,526 to 2,550 of 2674

Thread: Modern ThunderCats Toys Thread (2)

I'm on the verge of cancelling myself. I've always wanted a full set of Thundercats, but at this point what'll that be like three years? Not sure I want to bother playing this game with Super7.

Quote Originally Posted by Stratos88 View Post
    I'm on the verge of cancelling myself. I've always wanted a full set of Thundercats, but at this point what'll that be like three years? Not sure I want to bother playing this game with Super7.
    What, you don't want 2001 a Space Odyssey figures to go with your Sponge Bob Square pants? They scale together with the Thundercats and classics you know? And they will be delivered promptly in a fantasy land. What, no takers?

People were wondering why they showed that space suit Homer figure, well that 2001 announcement shows you why

Heroic Warrior Grayskull Guardsman's Avatar
    Super7 should do something to apologize for this ridiculousness.

Free figure or accessory pack, vouchers, partial refunds, something.

And get more transparent with the details. Wave 3 is delayed because Cheetara had incorrect pins and looked like she used Homer Simpson’s make-up gun, etc.

Quote Originally Posted by Grayskull Guardsman View Post
    In their eyes, Super 7 has done something to apologize... they sent out an email explaining why these delays are out of their control (and conveniently skipping the issues with the actual figures) and thank us for our understanding.

It's becoming a real issue because Super 7 has put the hundreds of thousands of dollars -that they continue to acquire through "Pre-Orders" for products that won't be available for YEARS- in the bank, and continue to produce crap like mugs, t-shirts, posters and gashapon with the interest accrued on said money.

I mean, the Thundertank is what, $500 USD? There might come a time when the BBB decides to come knocking... although, I don't know if any of their practices are illegal per se, but definitely unethical.

But, beyond all of that... I'm just worried that they are going to continue snapping up licenses to properties that I really like, and hold them ransom by promising figures (of questionable quality) to come out "sometime." (Possibly 2 - 3 years...)

Could you imagine if Hasbro was just now releasing figures based on Black Panther, Ant Man & the Wasp, or Infinity War?
    We need the POWER of the GOOD and the WAY of the MAGIC !!!

**Staunch FILMation lover!!! **** Uber NEW ADVENTURES Fan!!!**

>>Glad supporter of the Netflix Era<<

Quote Originally Posted by JohnnyC View Post
    Just canceled all of my pre-orders with BBTS. Such a shame... all this time has passed and I've just lost interest. Only one I kept was Jaga. I suspect this same sort of cancellation will happen with many others.

-Johnny C
    Yup. Exactly the way I felt as well. In fact, I have absolutely nothing on pre-order from Super7 anymore, and probably never will again as I have cancelled everything.
    Last edited by depp76; September 18, 2021 at 03:31pm.

Hi everyone,

Apologies if this has already been discussed, or news that I've missed.
    I got an email from Super7 yesterday with updated factory ship dates for their Ultimates figures:

New Japan Pro-Wrestling Wave 2 - 9/10/21
    TMNT Wave 4 - 9/30/21
    Major Wrestling Podcast Wave 1 - 10/15/21
    The Good Brothers Wrestling Wave 2 - 10/20/21
    Disney Wave 1 - 11/30/21
    ThunderCats Wave 2 - 11/21/21
    Conan The Barbarian Wave 3 - 11/30/21
    ThunderCats Wave 4 - 12/30/21

There's no date for Wave 3 yet? Is that right?
    I saw somewhere there were issues with the Cheetara figure, has that delayed the whole wave do we know?

I have mine on order via a third party here in the UK.
    Does anyone know if these ship straight from the factory in China to local distributors, or will my figures go all the way America first before being sent on?
    Just trying to make a best guess on when these will appear so I can make sure I have some money put aside.

Thanks!

Heroic Warrior
    Quote Originally Posted by Neil View Post
    Hi everyone,

Apologies if this has already been discussed, or news that I've missed.
    I got an email from Super7 yesterday with updated factory ship dates for their Ultimates figures:

New Japan Pro-Wrestling Wave 2 - 9/10/21
    TMNT Wave 4 - 9/30/21
    Major Wrestling Podcast Wave 1 - 10/15/21
    The Good Brothers Wrestling Wave 2 - 10/20/21
    Disney Wave 1 - 11/30/21
    ThunderCats Wave 2 - 11/21/21
    Conan The Barbarian Wave 3 - 11/30/21
    ThunderCats Wave 4 - 12/30/21

There's no date for Wave 3 yet? Is that right?
    I saw somewhere there were issues with the Cheetara figure, has that delayed the whole wave do we know?

I have mine on order via a third party here in the UK.
    Does anyone know if these ship straight from the factory in China to local distributors, or will my figures go all the way America first before being sent on?
    Just trying to make a best guess on when these will appear so I can make sure I have some money put aside.

Thanks!
    Last I heard, wave 3 is already on a boat, minus Cheetara who failed final QC. So those figures will probably arrive before the end of the year (November?). As for shipping, I think this depends on your retailer. I used to buy from a shop that would get the figures way before they arrived at S7 HQ. But that hasn't been true for the past few releases. It also depends on whether your store recieves product from S7 directly, or through one of the many larger ditributors. Typically, when S7 says, something is "on the boat", it translates to "expect these to ship to you within the next 3-4 months.

Update from Super7:

Wave 3 Pre-Order and Cheetara Update
    Hi ThunderCats Fans -

Good news! Jaga, Captain Cracker, and Slithe from the third wave of ThunderCats ULTIMATES! are completing their journey across the ocean and will soon be on their way to the Super7 warehouse.
    Unfortunately, Cheetara will not be included with the rest of the wave. Upon final inspection of the production run, the Super7 team was not satisfied with the quality of the figures. The short version is, updates that were supposed to happen didn’t happen. We are beyond frustrated to have to announce that Cheetara is facing another delay.
    We have said time and time again that we will always choose to deliver the best possible product, at the expense of additional time, and we have made the decision to do that one more time. We are going over Cheetara’s design once again with the factory, to make sure we produce the quality figure that Cheetara and ThunderCats fans deserve.
    As an apology, while we are unable to summon Cheetara’s super speed to get this done, we WILL be adding an extra head for your Cheetara figure! This painted head will feature glowing eyes, as she is "called" by the Sword of Omens in the show.
    Once again, Jaga, Captain Cracker, and Slithe will begin shipping to you in October! For those of you who ordered Cheetara along with any of the other figures in this wave, those figures will be on the way to you at this time as well - Cheetara will be shipped separately at a later time, at no additional cost to you. As we just made the decision to pull this figure last week, we are still working on a new completion date for Cheetara and will communicate that timing as soon as we can.
    We once again thank you for your patience and support. We will send another update with shipping info on Cheetara as soon as it is available!

I am glad they are holding chetarah back. I would rather have her done right than right now. We have been waiting forever so a few more months doesn't matter to me.
    cogito ergo doleo

Quote Originally Posted by King Kahn View Post
    I am glad they are holding chetarah back. I would rather have her done right than right now. We have been waiting forever so a few more months doesn't matter to me.
    This. As long as the final product is good, I can wait a bit longer. As sad as this sounds, at this point a few more months isn't that big of a deal. She's an essential character and I just her done correctly.

Now how about addressing Tygra's deco fiasco!

Quote Originally Posted by Bonehead View Post
    This. As long as the final product is good, I can wait a bit longer. As sad as this sounds, at this point a few more months isn't that big of a deal. She's an essential character and I just her done correctly.

Now how about addressing Tygra's deco fiasco!
    I think most people would agree with this... however, what happens when we wait 3+ years after pre-order, just to get messed-up hips and a wonky face on Cheetara plus the wrong paint apps and forearm sculpt for Tygra? Despite the extra effort from Super 7?

Quote Originally Posted by Ornclown View Post
    I think most people would agree with this... however, what happens when we wait 3+ years after pre-order, just to get messed-up hips and a wonky face on Cheetara plus the wrong paint apps and forearm sculpt for Tygra? Despite the extra effort from Super 7?
    There's the rub. We will just have to wait and see what we get when we get it now won't we?

Realist. Deal with it. Lord Anubis's Avatar
    No doubt the Cheetara wait was the right move. The extra head even better. No problem.

The most unsettling thing is Tygra. A lot of the s7 fan boys or just average tcats fans are fine so long as there arm is fixed…. To me Tygra should be held back as long as it takes, that color is unacceptable. It’s just insane they haven’t addressed that when it doesn’t even match the photos they used!
    "We are the tools of our own imagination, constructing temples and cathedrals in which our most outlandish dreams become truth." - Samael

Free figure or accessory pack, vouchers, partial refunds, something.

And get more transparent with the details. Wave 3 is delayed because Cheetara had incorrect pins and looked like she used Homer Simpson’s make-up gun, etc.
    Nah..Heck with all that. That's nothing more then a bribe when you do that. "Sorry doesn't fix the lamp" unless you're talking about doing that in addition to fixing it.

This stuff NEEDS to be right from the get go period. Time certainly isn't of the essence so just get it right.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Lord Anubis View Post

The most unsettling thing is Tygra. A lot of the s7 fan boys or just average tcats fans are fine so long as there arm is fixed…. To me Tygra should be held back as long as it takes, that color is unacceptable. It’s just insane they haven’t addressed that when it doesn’t even match the photos they used!

Well, he isn't on the boat yet so that's a plus, but they haven't publicly addressed it yet either so there's that....Here's to hoping I suppose!

Heroic Warrior
    Quote Originally Posted by Baedal View Post
    Update from Super7:
    At this point I am hoping that all the main cast will be delayed so that we can get the extra head with glowing eyes that should have been included from the start

Quote Originally Posted by Lasastard View Post
    Last I heard, wave 3 is already on a boat, minus Cheetara who failed final QC. So those figures will probably arrive before the end of the year (November?). As for shipping, I think this depends on your retailer. I used to buy from a shop that would get the figures way before they arrived at S7 HQ. But that hasn't been true for the past few releases. It also depends on whether your store recieves product from S7 directly, or through one of the many larger ditributors. Typically, when S7 says, something is "on the boat", it translates to "expect these to ship to you within the next 3-4 months.
    Quote Originally Posted by Baedal View Post
    Update from Super7:
    Thanks! That is good news. I was quite looking forward to Slithe.
    I don't get emails like that from S7 as I didn't order directly through them.

I don't mind the delays as long as the figures are as good as they can be when they arrive.
    But then I don't need to pay for them until they ship, and I appreciate that's not the case for everyone here.

Heroic Warrior Grayskull Guardsman's Avatar
    BBTS just said Slythe hit my Pile of Loot! whaaaaa?!?!? no Jaga or Captain Cracker yet.

Although, Slythe and CC are showing as In Stock on their website...

Slithe hitting so soon is a complete shock. I thought for sure they'd be tied up in shipping for a long time.

Über Fan Adam_Prince of Eternia's Avatar
    Super7 announced today that as an apology for the delay with Cheetara, she will come with an additional head.

Quote Originally Posted by Stratos88 View Post
    Slithe hitting so soon is a complete shock. I thought for sure they'd be tied up in shipping for a long time.
    I have captain crackers in my pile of loot,unfortunately. I was hoping to see some sort of review of these before committing. Oh well. Reviews should be here soon enough.

Quote Originally Posted by darkmoon766 View Post
    I have captain crackers in my pile of loot,unfortunately. I was hoping to see some sort of review of these before committing. Oh well. Reviews should be here soon enough.
    I have a feeling that S7 is throwing BBTS a bone and shipping things to them before anyone else all of a sudden. Perhaps something happened with too many cancellations or such and they want to keep a good relationship. Or perhaps BBTS is tired of playing banker to S7 for so much outstanding product and wanted an incentive.

The same thing happened to Michelangelo as they've had him in stock for a few weeks now ad my EE order with him literally just came today and didn't even come into stock until last Thursday.

Quote Originally Posted by Ornclown View Post
    I guess I am the only one that think tygra's, except for the forearms/boots, is fine.

- - - Updated - - -

BBTS just said Slythe hit my Pile of Loot! whaaaaa?!?!? no Jaga or Captain Cracker yet.

Although, Slythe and CC are showing as In Stock on their website...
    yup! mine hit as well!
    cogito ergo doleo

BBTS shipped my Slithe earlier today... we'll see what kind of quality these figures have soon enough!

Heroic Warrior
    Alright so spirit jaga is gonna be the nycc exclusive right?