Page 105 of 156 FirstFirst ... 55595103104105106107115155 ... LastLast
Results 2,601 to 2,625 of 3898

Thread: Modern ThunderCats Toys Thread (2)

Master of Hosting Events! JohnnyC's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by The All American View Post

You bought the real thing?
    Well, it's not a time machine, but it's a 1981 DeLorean for sure, LOL. I have waited since I was 16 years old and I just turned 44... We don't get any younger so it was now or never since the price on those things just keep skyrocketing.

-Johnny C

Bring back Classics! The All American's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by JohnnyC View Post
    Well, it's not a time machine, but it's a 1981 DeLorean for sure, LOL. I have waited since I was 16 years old and I just turned 44... We don't get any younger so it was now or never since the price on those things just keep skyrocketing.

-Johnny C
    Just promise me you play some Huey Lewis and the News when you drive it! https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=R4xf50aUxaE

Quote Originally Posted by King Kahn View Post
    I got Jaga and Slythe today and love them both. Slythe is a HUGE beefy boy and def the winner but I honestly don't see the same issues others do here with him.
    Ya, Slithe might be my favorite toy so far this year. He's awesome.

Quote Originally Posted by The All American View Post
    Just promise me you play some Huey Lewis and the News when you drive it!
    Is there any other way to drive a DeLorean? I promise!!

-Johnny C

Agreed.... I always wanted the vintage figure but the prices on that one now are insane... So I settled for 50 bucks, clown makeup and all.

And thank you!! Might have been crazy to buy the car, but I'm simply ecstatic about it!

-Johnny C
    I had the vontage figure growing up and he was definitely one of my favourites. In some ways I think the vintage figures sculpt and paint looks better than the Super 7 figure.
    I wish I still had all my vintage Thundercats figures.

Quote Originally Posted by Mark M View Post
    I had the vontage figure growing up and he was definitely one of my favourites. In some ways I think the vintage figures sculpt and paint looks better than the Super 7 figure.
    The vintage figure does look nice! I only ever had a Mumm-Ra figure from that line, but I had always wanted them when I saw them in the store.

-Johnny C

The vintage figure does look nice! I only ever had a Mumm-Ra figure from that line, but I had always wanted them when I saw them in the store.

-Johnny C
    Mumm-Ra The Ever Living was the first Thundercats figure I got.

I've been forthright in my criticism of Super7 in the past, but I have to give credit where it's due: I think they did an excellent job with Jaga, and I don't understand the criticisms this figure is getting. Online, zoomed-in pictures definitely make the face look waxy and borderline clownish, but in person it looks right. I only have four minor gripes:

1. The ThunderCat insignias on both capes, while crisp and sharp, are printed too low on the circle.
    2. The "old"/emaciated head is too similar to the standard head. They're hard to tell apart. A young Jaga head would have been a better idea.
    3. The alternate hand with the candy-looking fabric is one of the stupidest ideas for an action figure accessory, ever. Even if you understand the reference, it doesn't look good. It looks like he's holding a giant melting Jolly Rancher. What a waste of plastic.
    4. Since I already have both the Mattel Lion-O and the Super7 Lion-O, I definitely did NOT need my fifth and sixth Sword of Omens accessories, thank you very much. There was an episode where Jaga fought Grune with his own unique sword, and that's the weapon that should have been included here. It makes no sense to display Jaga on a shelf with the SOO if your Lion-O figure is already holding it. (I will mention that I have read that the paint apps on Jaga's sword is better than on Lion-O's, but I haven't compared the two yet.)

Those criticisms aside, this figure is great. Sharp paint apps, non-glossy plastic, tight joints, great sculpting. The plastic cape is nice and soft (I really dislike rigid plastic capes). And that point on the top of his helmet is really sharp -- something Mattel would have rounded off to meet "safety standards." So I'd say that anyone who wanted this figure but is considering canceling their order based on online pictures should maybe reconsider.

Last edited by Wakko; October 10, 2021 at 06:32pm.
    Check out my on-going project: THE UNOFFICIAL MASTERS OF THE UNIVERSE CLASSICS COMPLETE COLLECTION GUIDE
    Featuring photos, bios, accessories, release dates, and trivia for every figure, beast, vehicle and playset released in Masters of the Universe Classics!

Quote Originally Posted by Mark M View Post
    I still have my vintage collection of ThunderCats, including the Astral Moat Monster...

Over the years, I've replaced my originals with better loose versions, but the only ones that I own on-card are Lion-O, Mumm-Ra and Slithe.

I've gotta say, of the original LJN figures, Panthro and Ratar-O are still my favorites!

I can't wait to see what Super 7 does with Hachiman...
    We need the POWER of the GOOD and the WAY of the MAGIC !!!

**Staunch FILMation lover!!! **** Uber NEW ADVENTURES Fan!!!**

>>Glad supporter of the Netflix Era<<

Inappropriate Tree Hugger The.Idea.of.Evil's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Wakko View Post
    I've been forthright in my criticism of Super7 in the past...
    Great review!

Quote Originally Posted by Ornclown View Post
    I still have my vintage collection of ThunderCats, including the Astral Moat Monster...

Over the years, I've replaced my originals with better loose versions, but the only ones that I own on-card are Lion-O, Mumm-Ra and Slithe.

I've gotta say, of the original LJN figures, Panthro and Ratar-O are still my favorites!

I can't wait to see what Super 7 does with Hachiman...
    The plastic started to degrade and breakdown on all my original figures. The vintage Thundercats were some of my favourite toys growing up.

I really would like to get some new modern Thundercats figures.

Hachiman was awesome. He was actually the last figure I found at retail here at a shop called £-Poundstretchers in September/October of 1997.
    The year before in August of 1996 I found Pumyra.

I've been forthright in my criticism of Super7 in the past, but I have to give credit where it's due: I think they did an excellent job with Jaga, and I don't understand the criticisms this figure is getting. Online, zoomed-in pictures definitely make the face look waxy and borderline clownish, but in person it looks right. I only have four minor gripes:

1. The ThunderCat insignias on both capes, while crisp and sharp, are printed too low on the circle.
    2. The "old"/emaciated head is too similar to the standard head. They're hard to tell apart. A young Jaga head would have been a better idea.
    3. The alternate hand with the candy-looking fabric is one of the stupidest ideas for an action figure accessory, ever. Even if you understand the reference, it doesn't look good. It looks like he's holding a giant melting Jolly Rancher. What a waste of plastic.
    4. Since I already have both the Mattel Lion-O and the Super7 Lion-O, I definitely did NOT need my fifth and sixth Sword of Omens accessories, thank you very much. There was an episode where Jaga fought Grune with his own unique sword, and that's the weapon that should have been included here. It makes no sense to display Jaga on a shelf with the SOO if your Lion-O figure is already holding it. (I will mention that I have read that the paint apps on Jaga's sword is better than on Lion-O's, but I haven't compared the two yet.)

Those criticisms aside, this figure is great. Sharp paint apps, non-glossy plastic, tight joints, great sculpting. The plastic cape is nice and soft (I really dislike rigid plastic capes). And that point on the top of his helmet is really sharp -- something Mattel would have rounded off to meet "safety standards." So I'd say that anyone who wanted this figure but is considering canceling their order based on online pictures should maybe reconsider.

https://live.staticflickr.com/65535/...be620548_c.jpg
    That's good to know that you like it, your view on this figure has a weight in my assessment on it.

Sent from my vivo 1718 using Tapatalk
    By the power of Grayskull!!!!

“In hand” crowd wins again. Glad to see the early impressions not be the consensus, I’m encouraged for the upcoming waves!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Realist. Deal with it. Lord Anubis's Avatar
    In the last Fwoosh interview, Brian says Tygra is more cartoon accurate.... NO HE ISNT.

Super7 makes amazing toys. They do. But their colors are TRASH.

I say with all sincerity Brian is basing all the colors off of VHS screen grabs from the 90's... why? Why do that? These arent Ultimates at all, and heres further proof. Tygra's color was brought up to him several times and he agreed!! Then prototype 2 came out and it was perfectly accurate. Suddenly, hes back to prototype 1 colors, why? Brian claims this is because its more accurate.... no its not.

He should be HONEST and just admit because they used the crappy Mattel factory that gave them 101 problems to begin with, there was no wiggle room to fix this and is selling us whatever was made "as is". I dont understand what direction this line is going at all, I really dont. The reaction figures are nearly flawless in color, so someone there is paying attention, why isnt that same person doing the ultimates?

I am SO ****** by this you have no idea, I would love for someone to challenge Brian in a respectful debate over what choices are being made over this line. Seems like the only people that get to talk to him are shills who get free stuff and sing every praise, and take anything he says as gospil. This is why I cant stomach toy reviewers, they have no spine to push back when needed.
    "We are the tools of our own imagination, constructing temples and cathedrals in which our most outlandish dreams become truth." - Samael

Exciting news? Frustrating news? Who cares anymore news?

Brian Flynn has stated that the pre-order for ThunderCats wave 5 will be coming in November, after wave 3 has completed shipping to customers.

He also stated that the wave will contain something "unique." This is likely Mandora + her cycle, as previously speculated. But maybe it's something else.

Discuss.
    Check out my on-going project: THE UNOFFICIAL MASTERS OF THE UNIVERSE CLASSICS COMPLETE COLLECTION GUIDE
    Featuring photos, bios, accessories, release dates, and trivia for every figure, beast, vehicle and playset released in Masters of the Universe Classics!

Realist. Deal with it. Lord Anubis's Avatar

Brian Flynn has stated that the pre-order for ThunderCats wave 5 will be coming in November, after wave 3 has completed shipping to customers.

He also stated that the wave will contain something "unique." This is likely Mandora + her cycle, as previously speculated. But maybe it's something else.

Discuss.
    I wonder how bad they’ll botch her colors. Maybe she’ll be orange!!
    "We are the tools of our own imagination, constructing temples and cathedrals in which our most outlandish dreams become truth." - Samael

Did BF clarify what happened to the wrong right arm? Will they fix it?

Discuss.
    Could also possibly be Luna and Amok? You can't really do one without the other.

- - - Updated - - -

Online, zoomed-in pictures definitely make the face look waxy and borderline clownish, but in person it looks right.
    As soon as I saw that overly zoomed in pic and no other pics I thought I would reserve judgement until I see the complete figure. Thank you for being the voice of reason here.
    Most wanted Filmation style MOTUC figures:

Hunga the Harpy, Webstor, Kobra Khan, Leech, Whiplash, Rattlor, Catra Cat Form, Ram Man, Count Marzo, Two-Bad, King Miro, Twiggets, Frosta, Kothos and Admiral Scurvy.

I've been forthright in my criticism of Super7 in the past, but I have to give credit where it's due: I think they did an excellent job with Jaga, and I don't understand the criticisms this figure is getting. Online, zoomed-in pictures definitely make the face look waxy and borderline clownish, but in person it looks right.
    Good to know. I just checked and I had the entire Wave 3. I couldn't actually remember if I had ordered Jaga or not.

I did actually order Jaga. I thought the figure looked "Okay". Once again it is nice to know the figure looks better in hand. Hopefully that will hold true when I receive mine as well.

Heroic Warrior
    When was this interview?

Discuss.
    Something unique...?

The thing that comes to mind is another fix-it-yourself kit for Tygra's arm and whatever else gets botched in the near future.

But, the most unique thing they can give us is an actual high-quality ThunderCats figure!

..... I jest, I jest...
    We need the POWER of the GOOD and the WAY of the MAGIC !!!

**Staunch FILMation lover!!! **** Uber NEW ADVENTURES Fan!!!**

>>Glad supporter of the Netflix Era<<

I've been forthright in my criticism of Super7 in the past, but I have to give credit where it's due: I think they did an excellent job with Jaga, and I don't understand the criticisms this figure is getting. Online, zoomed-in pictures definitely make the face look waxy and borderline clownish, but in person it looks right.
    I agree!

I got my set over the weekend and I think they did an excellent job on Jaga. The paint deco isn't as good as the prototype but it doesn't look bad at all, the same an't be said about old scale-face but more about him later.

Captain Cracker turned out much better than I expected. He's a bit toony but he looks great. He looks great next to MOTU Filmation figures if you aren't a TC fan. I would have preferred about 20 other villains before him but the 4H and S7 did him justice.

Now on to Slithe......hmmm, the sculpt work here is a 10/10. It's mind-blowing. One of the 4H's best pieces IMO. The detail on everything is outstanding. The deco though is off. I was really happy with the prototype's colors but for some reason it was changed for the worse. Like I said earlier, the yellow belt is just ridiculous. The green is too bright and the non-scale parts like his chest and face do match up with his toon colors at all. NEVERTHELESS, I do like the figure overall but I wish S7 hadn't messed with the 4H's prototype deco. He could have been a 10/10 figure but instead he's somewhere around a 7 or 8 IMO.

- - - Updated - - -

Discuss.
    I think he just means it will be a character that has never received a figure beforehand. Maybe a Lunatak. I have a feeling S7 might be holding off a few of the core characters like Bengali and Vultureman a bit for later waves.

I would guess for wave 5:

Willy Kat/Snarf set (or a different combo of the twins and one of the snarfs)
    Willa
    Ratar-O
    Alluro

Quote Originally Posted by Baedal View Post
    Did BF clarify what happened to the wrong right arm? Will they fix it?
    He has no idea how they got the arm wrong either but he said it will be correct.
    cogito ergo doleo

Über Fan Adam_Prince of Eternia's Avatar
    I ordered my sets directly from Super7, so none of the items will ship until all of them are available. But that is how I have always done it, and I have never had a problem with any of my items. So maybe there is a benefit to waiting. I guess I will see when Cheetara is ready to ship.

Heroic Warrior Grayskull Guardsman's Avatar
    Wave 5 guesses:

Vultureman
    Wilykat with Berbil
    Wilykit with Snarf
    Mandora
    Mandora's bike

Quote Originally Posted by Grayskull Guardsman View Post
    Wave 5 guesses:

Vultureman
    Wilykat with Berbil
    Wilykit with Snarf
    Mandora
    Mandora's bike
    those are pretty good guesses. Man, I REALLY don't want to have to buy the twins again, especially at 55 a pop, but I am sure they will improve them enough that I will do it.
    cogito ergo doleo