Page 106 of 120 FirstFirst ... 65696104105106107108116 ... LastLast
Results 2,626 to 2,650 of 2997

Thread: Modern ThunderCats Toys Thread (2)

So what was actually said about this, just that it was a "unique item"? Because some people are saying its a set piece?
    Did they say its was intended to actually go along side a figure from the same wave? If not them maybe Snowmeow.
    The problem with Mandora's bike is it will be expensive vehicle for an obscure character. Dont get me wrong, she's probably my most wanted figure outside of the characters that had vintage figures, but I just dont see them doing her bike.
    UK MOTU Fan Club Members - Add You Member Name to this Thread

Wanted:
    MOTUC He-Ro Staff with green gem
    Keshi Mantenna in red

Quote Originally Posted by Adam_Prince of Eternia View Post
    I ordered my sets directly from Super7, so none of the items will ship until all of them are available. But that is how I have always done it, and I have never had a problem with any of my items. So maybe there is a benefit to waiting. I guess I will see when Cheetara is ready to ship.
    You know wave 3 is going to ship without Cheetara, right? She'll be coming sometime next year all by her lonesome.

Quote Originally Posted by 13977 View Post
    So what was actually said about this, just that it was a "unique item"? Because some people are saying its a set piece?
    Did they say its was intended to actually go along side a figure from the same wave? If not them maybe Snowmeow.
    The problem with Mandora's bike is it will be expensive vehicle for an obscure character. Dont get me wrong, she's probably my most wanted figure outside of the characters that had vintage figures, but I just dont see them doing her bike.
    So, here's what I (think I) know about wave 5:

Earlier this year, Brian Flynn talked about how wave 5 was going to include a character that they all agreed they should not do unless the character included his/her iconic accessory, which he hinted was something large. People speculated that Mandora was the character that really fit that description, although others wondered if it might be Safari Joe with Mule. Some speculated it might be Luna/Amok, but Amok really doesn't count as an "accessory." Mandora still seems to be the most likely candidate, although you're right, charging top $$$ for an obscure character like her might not be the smartest choice.

I just re-listened to Brian's interview with the Fwoosh from yesterday. It turns out he never actually said "unique item". What he said about wave 5 is that "it's going to take everyone by surprise" and that there's a "cool tweak on everything from wave 5 that I think everyone's going to be into" and that people are going to say, "I didn't expect them to go there." So this interview made it sound more there's something surprising affecting the entire wave, not just one figure.

What would affect an entire wave?
    - Build-a-figure pieces (Amok?)
    - Build-an-accessory pieces (Mandora's bike?)
    - Pack-in characters with every figure (Snarf, Snarfer, Berbils)

Anyone else have any thoughts or guesses?
    Check out my on-going project: THE UNOFFICIAL MASTERS OF THE UNIVERSE CLASSICS COMPLETE COLLECTION GUIDE
    Featuring photos, bios, accessories, release dates, and trivia for every figure, beast, vehicle and playset released in Masters of the Universe Classics!

Thanks for the detailed reply Wakko.
    So if it does affect the entire wave maybe it is an set/diorama piece.
    UK MOTU Fan Club Members - Add You Member Name to this Thread

Wanted:
    MOTUC He-Ro Staff with green gem
    Keshi Mantenna in red

Modern ThunderCats Toys Thread (2)

Wow thatís actually more exciting and intriguing than a unique item in the wave.
    Now Iím going to be coming up with guesses all the way until the reveal.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Quote Originally Posted by 13977 View Post
    Thanks for the detailed reply Wakko.
    So if it does affect the entire wave maybe it is an set/diorama piece.
    The more I think about it, the more I'm wondering if the oversized accessory is going to be released as a build-a-whatever with each figure in the wave. Right now, that's the only explanation that makes sense of both statements Brian has made about wave 5. So I wonder if it's Mandora's cycle, but split among four figures. That's my theory.
    Check out my on-going project: THE UNOFFICIAL MASTERS OF THE UNIVERSE CLASSICS COMPLETE COLLECTION GUIDE
    Featuring photos, bios, accessories, release dates, and trivia for every figure, beast, vehicle and playset released in Masters of the Universe Classics!

Quote Originally Posted by Wakko View Post
    The more I think about it, the more I'm wondering if the oversized accessory is going to be released as a build-a-whatever with each figure in the wave. Right now, that's the only explanation that makes sense of both statements Brian has made about wave 5. So I wonder if it's Mandora's cycle, but split among four figures. That's my theory.
    Hmmm, if this is true, I hope that the build-a-whatever is not a high-demand thing because that would force people to collect the entire wave.
    We need the POWER of the GOOD and the WAY of the MAGIC !!!

**Staunch FILMation lover!!! **** Uber NEW ADVENTURES Fan!!!**

>>Glad supporter of the Netflix Era<<

Quote Originally Posted by Ornclown View Post
    Hmmm, if this is true, I hope that the build-a-whatever is not a high-demand thing because that would force people to collect the entire wave.
    Yeah, I've already decided I'm only getting the core Thundercats and villains from this line so I hope it's not a build-a situation.

Quote Originally Posted by Ornclown View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by Stratos88 View Post
    Yeah, I've already decided I'm only getting the core Thundercats and villains from this line so I hope it's not a build-a situation.
    You can both take comfort in the fact that I am usually very wrong at predicting these kinds of things.

Quote Originally Posted by JohnnyC View Post
    Well, it's not a time machine, but it's a 1981 DeLorean for sure, LOL. I have waited since I was 16 years old and I just turned 44... We don't get any younger so it was now or never since the price on those things just keep skyrocketing.

-Johnny C
    I know this is a Thundercats thread but how as this been dropped so quickly without 100 calls for pictures of this car!!!!

Its the freakin DeLorean..

We need a picture of this car immediately ...somewhere in the forum...its got to be the most amazing collectable ever.

This clip from season 2 of the Animaniacs reboot dropped a couple of days ago.

I know that sounds like it is completely off-topic from this thread, but just watch it.

Quote Originally Posted by Dynamo of Eternia View Post
    This clip from season 2 of the Animaniacs reboot dropped a couple of days ago.

I know that sounds like it is completely off-topic from this thread, but just watch it.
    Looking forward to when Warner realizes there is more potential in the franchise than something to do parodies of.

Quote Originally Posted by Stratos88 View Post
    Agreed. Anything like this would just kill a line of figures that have had such a rocky start...

I think it might be that they'll update the packaging... maybe get rid of the silly slipcases that serve absolutely no purpose.

That would affect the whole line...
    We need the POWER of the GOOD and the WAY of the MAGIC !!!

**Staunch FILMation lover!!! **** Uber NEW ADVENTURES Fan!!!**

>>Glad supporter of the Netflix Era<<

Heroic Warrior KingRandorFacepalm's Avatar

Modern ThunderCats Toys Thread (2)

Got my extra Jaga today. He looks good for sure. The lines for the eyes are a bit heavy but I think it is much better than early reports. I'm bummed for those who canceled as I think they are really missing out. Could be improved in some respects but I'm really pleased. This is the figure I've been waiting for for years.

Last edited by KingRandorFacepalm; October 13, 2021 at 01:38am.
    "Anybody want to buy a used bolo?"

Master of Hosting Events! JohnnyC's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by ProteinNerd View Post
    I know this is a Thundercats thread but how as this been dropped so quickly without 100 calls for pictures of this car!!!!

Its the freakin DeLorean..

We need a picture of this car immediately ...somewhere in the forum...its got to be the most amazing collectable ever.

HAHA! Well, I'm still working on good pics. The car is still at the DeLorean dealership here in town and they are updating a bunch of parts on it to bring it up to speed. I still won't get it for another month or so due to waiting on parts as well as the sheer amount of DeLoreans they have to work on there (around 40, I think!). I'll get some pics up here when it arrives home! Thanks for the excitement, LOL!!!

Oh.... just to be relevant to the thread.... uhhhh.... Thundercats, Super 7, Jaga and other figures....

-Johnny C

HAHA! Well, I'm still working on good pics. The car is still at the DeLorean dealership here in town and they are updating a bunch of parts on it to bring it up to speed. I still won't get it for another month or so due to waiting on parts as well as the sheer amount of DeLoreans they have to work on there (around 40, I think!). I'll get some pics up here when it arrives home! Thanks for the excitement, LOL!!!

Oh.... just to be relevant to the thread.... uhhhh.... Thundercats, Super 7, Jaga and other figures....

-Johnny C
    DeLoreans were made in Northern Ireland. Still some driving around here. I like the car, not a big fan of the moves but Part 3 would be my favourite.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by KingRandorFacepalm View Post
    Got my extra Jaga today. He looks good for sure. The lines for the eyes are a bit heavy but I think it is much better than early reports. I'm bummed for those who canceled as I think they are really missing out. Could be improved in some respects but I'm really pleased. This is the figure I've been waiting for for years.
    https://uploads.tapatalk-cdn.com/202...197d8144c5.jpg
    https://uploads.tapatalk-cdn.com/202...ef132db432.jpg

Those are really nice pics of Jaga.

Master of Hosting Events! JohnnyC's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Mark M View Post
    DeLoreans were made in Northern Ireland. Still some driving around here. I like the car, not a big fan of the moves but Part 3 would be my favourite.
    Indeed! Belfast, which is crazy given how dangerous the place was at the time... guess they got cheap land! LOL There are only about 6,000 of those cars left in the world of the roughly 9,000 they produced. Prices just keep going up so it was now or never, even though it was still a lot of money...woof.

Quote Originally Posted by Mark M View Post
    Those are really nice pics of Jaga.
    Yeah, they really are... did a nice job. As critical as I was of the figure when I got it, it has grown on me sitting next to my vintage Lion-O.

-Johnny C

Indeed! Belfast, which is crazy given how dangerous the place was at the time... guess they got cheap land! LOL There are only about 6,000 of those cars left in the world of the roughly 9,000 they produced. Prices just keep going up so it was now or never, even though it was still a lot of money...woof.
    Thankfully Belfast is a lot different now.

‹ber Fan Adam_Prince of Eternia's Avatar
    You know wave 3 is going to ship without Cheetara, right? She'll be coming sometime next year all by her lonesome.
    I thought if you ordered the entire wave as a set directly from Super7, that they will not ship any of the wave until all of the items are available to ship? Right now, it appears that the only people receiving figures are people who ordered them individually?

Quote Originally Posted by KingRandorFacepalm View Post
    That is the "old almost dying head", right? Do you have a pic of the most common one with the helmet?

It is a must have figure, but I've cancelled it from my POL since there were too many figures already sitting and being released this month and this one got into the "maybe must have" zone. I'm not thrilled with the standard face looking like a mime
    Great trade orgers: Son of Keldor - sdilks -JeMaBo2 x3 - Kowl - Bigassbuzz (Hyveofvillany) - Queen Marlena - mikescab - whitespyders(

My feedback thread

Quote Originally Posted by Adam_Prince of Eternia View Post
    I thought if you ordered the entire wave as a set directly from Super7, that they will not ship any of the wave until all of the items are available to ship? Right now, it appears that the only people receiving figures are people who ordered them individually?
    It is confusing. BBTS received Slithe and Captain Cracker first, so they shipped those out to customers who bought only Slithe or Cracker (or both). Once they received Jaga, they started shipping to customers who bought individual figures OR full sets of wave 3. Before doing so, they changed every order of wave 3 to two orders -- one order of three and one order of one (Cheetara).

I'm not sure why BBTS received their stock before Super7 started filling orders themselves, but regardless, Super7 will be handling it the same way once they get their stock in-hand. Everyone who ordered a full set of Wave 3 will be getting Jaga/Slithe/Cracker soon, and Cheetara sometime (likely mid- to late) next year in a separate shipment.

Quote Originally Posted by Super7
    Jaga, Captain Cracker, and Slithe will begin shipping to you in October! For those of you who ordered Cheetara along with any of the other figures in this wave, those figures will be on the way to you at this time as well - Cheetara will be shipped separately at a later time, at no additional cost to you. As we just made the decision to pull this figure last week, we are still working on a new completion date for Cheetara and will communicate that timing as soon as we can.
    Last edited by Wakko; October 13, 2021 at 04:34pm.

I seem to recall Brian explaining this in an interview before. Canít remember what he said though but my memory impression is that it made sense to me. Wish I could remember which interview that was.

I'm not sure why BBTS received their stock before Super7 started filling orders themselves, but regardless, Super7 will be handling it the same way once they get their stock in-hand. Everyone who ordered a full set of Wave 3 will be getting Jaga/Slithe/Cracker soon, and Cheetara sometime (likely mid- to late) next year in a separate shipment.
    They need to rectify this fairly quickly IMO or else they're going to have some pretty unhappy customers and "other" retailers besides BBTS on their hands. The same thing happened with the last wave of Ninja Turtles to where BBTS got theirs a GOOD month before anyone else.

That may make things great for BBTS to corner the market like that, but when you've got people canceling their orders with other retailers to jump ship with BBTS and customers ****** that BBTS customers are getting their stuff way before they are, that's not good for over-all business and customer relations.

‹ber Fan Adam_Prince of Eternia's Avatar
    I'm not sure why BBTS received their stock before Super7 started filling orders themselves, but regardless, Super7 will be handling it the same way once they get their stock in-hand.
    Yeah, it is strange that the people who ordered through a third-party are getting them first.

Heroic Warrior KingRandorFacepalm's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Rhanen View Post
    That is the "old almost dying head", right? Do you have a pic of the most common one with the helmet?

It is a must have figure, but I've cancelled it from my POL since there were too many figures already sitting and being released this month and this one got into the "maybe must have" zone. I'm not thrilled with the standard face looking like a mime
    Sure thing. Here are both the other heads. I like the "old" one best, personally.

"Anybody want to buy a used bolo?"

Quote Originally Posted by Riddle of Steel View Post
    They need to rectify this fairly quickly IMO or else they're going to have some pretty unhappy customers and "other" retailers besides BBTS on their hands. The same thing happened with the last wave of Ninja Turtles to where BBTS got theirs a GOOD month before anyone else.

That may make things great for BBTS to corner the market like that, but when you've got people canceling their orders with other retailers to jump ship with BBTS and customers ****** that BBTS customers are getting their stuff way before they are, that's not good for over-all business and customer relations.
    I think you're over exaggerating. Stuff like this happens all the time. EE gets stuff in sometimes weeks before BBTS and vice versa when it comes to Hasbro, Mattel, and even Neca. Should every retailer hold off until everyone gets the same product in before making it available for purchase? Of course not. That's stupid.