Page 120 of 156 FirstFirst ... 2070110118119120121122130 ... LastLast
Results 2,976 to 3,000 of 3898

Thread: Modern ThunderCats Toys Thread (2)

  1. #2976
    Heroic Warrior
    Join Date
    Oct 2018
    Location
    NYC
    Posts
    391
    There was a rumor in the late 90s that McFarlane was going to be doing Thundercats. Most likely they would've been great looking plastic statues from them at that point, if it were true.
    Modern McFarlane aesthetics, imo, is kind of ugly. So defintiely wouldn't want them with the license.
    The Bandai stuff wasnt that great tho I think the smaller 6inch Lion O was an improvement over the larger figure. Both still look undernourished compared to how he actually looks. And their Tygra had a terrible sculpt.

  2. #2977
    Heroic Warrior King Kahn's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2001
    Location
    nashville, tn
    Posts
    6,678
    Quote Originally Posted by The Nate View Post
    Am I the only one who thinks the ThunderCats toy license should be handed off to someone like McFarlane instead? How were the Bandai classic ones?
    McF would be far far worse and honestly tcats isn't a line a company them would touch anyway as it is prob too niche.

    The bandai ones were an afront to god... they were not great lol.
    cogito ergo doleo

  3. #2978
    Heroic Warrior
    Join Date
    Oct 2018
    Location
    NYC
    Posts
    391
    Quote Originally Posted by King Kahn View Post
    and honestly tcats isn't a line a company them would touch anyway as it is prob too niche.
    Thundercats isnt anymore niche than Warhammer 40k, Princess Bride and Labyrinth. If anything it's even more plausible than people think due to the ongoing relationship between Warners/DC and Mcfarlane. Which apparently is going good enough that Mcfarlane is going to be producing stuff for the revived DC Collectibles line next year.

  4. #2979
    Heroic Warrior King Kahn's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2001
    Location
    nashville, tn
    Posts
    6,678
    Quote Originally Posted by Dcr4 View Post
    Thundercats isnt anymore niche than Warhammer 40k, Princess Bride and Labyrinth. If anything it's even more plausible than people think due to the ongoing relationship between Warners/DC and Mcfarlane. Which apparently is going good enough that Mcfarlane is going to be producing stuff for the revived DC Collectibles line next year.
    War hammer is still pretty dang huge but at least close to tcats than the other two mentioned. labyrinth and princess pride are both known by normal non collector people and therefore will sell well in targets and wal-marts.
    cogito ergo doleo

  5. #2980
    Heroic Warrior
    Join Date
    May 2021
    Posts
    81
    Quote Originally Posted by Dcr4 View Post
    Thundercats isnt anymore niche than Warhammer 40k, Princess Bride and Labyrinth. If anything it's even more plausible than people think due to the ongoing relationship between Warners/DC and Mcfarlane. Which apparently is going good enough that Mcfarlane is going to be producing stuff for the revived DC Collectibles line next year.
    Huh? McFarlane producing stuff for DCC? Since when?

  6. #2981
    Heroic Warrior
    Join Date
    Dec 2012
    Posts
    4,100
    Quote Originally Posted by Battle_Brak View Post
    If something is out of the range of what you’ll spend for it then it’s out of that range. It doesn’t mean that someone is raking you over the coals. It’s entirely possible that the collectibles you’d like to purchase simply can’t be produced at prices you’d be willing to pay. Especially with very niche properties. But more and more I see an unwillingness to accept the basic realities of the industry. And anyone who is willing to be transparent and just “tell it like it is” like Brian gets crapped on because it’s not what fans want to hear.

    I think certain influencers with collectors channels with no experience or inside knowledge are also fueling the misconceptions. They don’t understand the costs that go into production, they don’t understand what retailers will and won’t stock, and so on. And any time someone tries to clear up the misconception they are met with ridicule or accusations of dishonesty. It’s tiring. And it’s usually because some Youtuber makes some claim like “if the USS Flag sold at retail for $X 30 years ago then surely we could see Jabba’s Sail Barge in Walmart for $200.” And it’s so far off from reality you just don’t know how to even begin to address it.
    You know what's an even smaller company? Valaverse. And he has multiple accessories, like hands etc more articulation, quality plastic, and at a normal price lol. Nice try though Mr industry haha. . 20 dollars for a 77 5 pot figure haha. Just stop my guy. You either work for the company or you're what I can't say here on the forums but I'm sure you can guess what that is lol. There is no justification for the cost of the ultimates. Small company big company, they just recently started using quality plastics and paints as well. And it all goes back to them punk records and profit. You can try to change minds all you want . We will still laugh at you for trying lol. valaverse hasn't even got fully off the ground and you're talking about a company that's been out for 20 years and trying to use the raise of cost for materials lol to justifya cost that's even higher than the high cost they originally were hahaha. From 35 to 45 to 55 and now people are saying 75? you seriously don't believe the crap you spew. There is no way any figure that's 8 inches 7 inches with lack of articulation, cheaper quality paint and plastic than other companies should be in the 55 price range and definitely higher. I'd like to know what toy company you're with since you're in the "industry"? Hahahaa.


    Sent from my SM-A326U using Tapatalk
    Last edited by Uki; December 27, 2021 at 09:05am.

  7. #2982
    Heroic Warrior motogp_fanatic's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2017
    Location
    Philippines
    Posts
    2,585
    Apology for my ignorance but comparedbto Super 7 Ulimates!, Valaverse Action Force is a kickstarter right? I have seen in the intial release that the AF experience the same joint freezes and the not-so-pleasant to install plastic armor or vest over lays. It is also more than a year since the pre order if im not mistaken. But it is I believe cheaper. Not as cheap as G.I.Joe Classified though. Just my 2 cents.

    Sent from my vivo 1718 using Tapatalk
    By the power of Grayskull!!!!

  8. #2983
    Heroic Warrior King Kahn's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2001
    Location
    nashville, tn
    Posts
    6,678
    Quote Originally Posted by unclassified View Post
    You know what's an even smaller company? Valaverse. And he has multiple accessories, like hands etc more articulation, quality plastic, and at a normal price lol. Nice try though Mr industry haha. . 20 dollars for a 77 5 pot figure haha. Just stop my guy. You either work for the company or you're what I can't say here on the forums but I'm sure you can guess what that is lol. There is no justification for the cost of the ultimates. Small company big company, they just recently started using quality plastics and paints as well. And it all goes back to them punk records and profit. You can try to change minds all you want . We will still laugh at you for trying lol. valaverse hasn't even got fully off the ground and you're talking about a company that's been out for 20 years and trying to use the raise of cost for materials lol to justifya cost that's even higher than the high cost they originally were hahaha. From 35 to 45 to 55 and now people are saying 75? you seriously don't believe the crap you spew. There is no way any figure that's 8 inches 7 inches with lack of articulation, cheaper quality paint and plastic than other companies should be in the 55 price range and definitely higher. I'd like to know what toy company you're with since you're in the "industry"? Hahahaa.


    Sent from my SM-A326U using Tapatalk
    I won't give a single red cent to to Valaverse. he has the same, if not worse issues than GIJOE Classified figures.

    I also won't pay 20 for a reaction, that is too much but I don't see anyone much saying 55 is a great price but that is the way things are going but no one has said 75 is coming anytime soon or that they are happy with something like that. There were offhand comments about 75 but I don't think anyone will be buying any action figure that isn't a quality figure like a figurarts at that much.
    Last edited by Uki; December 27, 2021 at 09:06am.
    cogito ergo doleo

  9. #2984
    Heroic Dad, Teacher, Nerd Uki's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2002
    Location
    The Woodlands,Tx
    Posts
    13,299
    Mod Note: Let’s remember to keep contents respectful and on-topic.
    MOTU Origins Most Wanted: Skeleteen, Prince Keldor, Anti-Eternia Characters, and for the love of the Sorceress and Julie Winston, ODIPHUS!!!

    Instagram: Just_Thommy
    Hermione's Toy Box on Youtube:
    https://www.youtube.com/channel/UC8C...xlwUttPSJAUZMA

  10. #2985
    Heroic Warrior
    Join Date
    May 2021
    Posts
    81
    Quote Originally Posted by King Kahn View Post
    I won't give a single red cent to to Valaverse. he has the same, if not worse issues than GIJOE Classified figures.

    I also won't pay 20 for a reaction, that is too much but I don't see anyone much saying 55 is a great price but that is the way things are going but no one has said 75 is coming anytime soon or that they are happy with something like that. There were offhand comments about 75 but I don't think anyone will be buying any action figure that isn't a quality figure like a figurarts at that much.
    Flynn said he could see $75 in a year if there's a plastic shortage.

  11. #2986
    Realist. Deal with it. Lord Anubis's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2001
    Posts
    4,980
    They just released a thundertank videoÖ

    They fixed zero of the issues of inaccuracies that were present. Something as simple as using the correct logo they donít want to even do. Itís obvious at this point super7 only care about turtles and Silverhawks especially since they own SH. Canceling my orders for this now.

    If the YouTube and toy forum shills like this thatís cool, Iím happy they get their freebies. If the cats lair forum refuses to call out this stuff during interviews with Brian they are just as bad. However anyone thatís cool with this, Iím honestly happy for you, but with how they are treating this line for top dollar, Iím not getting this.
    "We are the tools of our own imagination, constructing temples and cathedrals in which our most outlandish dreams become truth." - Samael

  12. #2987
    Heroic Warrior
    Join Date
    Oct 2018
    Location
    NYC
    Posts
    391
    Quote Originally Posted by Secret View Post
    Flynn said he could see $75 in a year if there's a plastic shortage.
    He said if the tooling costs dont go down, these could hypothetically be $75 by the summer.
    I'm already kind of out already at $55...I have both Mon-Stars, and a BAT preordered, and that's it. Anything else, I'lljust play it by ear.

  13. #2988
    Heroic sculptor of toys Battle_Brak's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2004
    Location
    Pittsburgh, PA
    Posts
    1,385
    Quote Originally Posted by unclassified View Post
    You know what's an even smaller company? Valaverse. And he has multiple accessories, like hands etc more articulation, quality plastic, and at a normal price lol. Nice try though Mr industry haha. . 20 dollars for a 77 5 pot figure haha. Just stop my guy. You either work for the company or you're what I can't say here on the forums but I'm sure you can guess what that is lol. There is no justification for the cost of the ultimates. Small company big company, they just recently started using quality plastics and paints as well. And it all goes back to them punk records and profit. You can try to change minds all you want . We will still laugh at you for trying lol. valaverse hasn't even got fully off the ground and you're talking about a company that's been out for 20 years and trying to use the raise of cost for materials lol to justifya cost that's even higher than the high cost they originally were hahaha. From 35 to 45 to 55 and now people are saying 75? you seriously don't believe the crap you spew. There is no way any figure that's 8 inches 7 inches with lack of articulation, cheaper quality paint and plastic than other companies should be in the 55 price range and definitely higher. I'd like to know what toy company you're with since you're in the "industry"? Hahahaa.


    Sent from my SM-A326U using Tapatalk
    I got my start in the industry over a decade ago designing robotic toys for a small company in Pittsburgh, Bossa Nova robotics. Due to the small scale of that operation I was involved in just about every part of the pipeline. And though I’m no longer directly making decisions on cutting deco or reworking tooling to save 5 cents here or 10 cents there, I’ve heard quite a lot through my current clients on how those costs have changed. So I’m fairly knowledgeable about expenses and pricing.

    I’m now a sculptor working for Four Horsemen design as well as other clients. I’ve done figures for Mattel, Hasbro, Lanard, Super7, Premium DNA, and a couple others I can’t discuss because of NDAs.
    Last edited by Battle_Brak; December 30, 2021 at 03:01am.
    Check out my artwork: https://aarondoyle.artstation.com/

  14. #2989
    ‹ber Fan Adam_Prince of Eternia's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2001
    Location
    Chicago, IL
    Posts
    7,546
    Quote Originally Posted by Lord Anubis View Post
    They just released a thundertank videoÖ

    They fixed zero of the issues of inaccuracies that were present. Something as simple as using the correct logo they donít want to even do. Itís obvious at this point super7 only care about turtles and Silverhawks especially since they own SH. Canceling my orders for this now.

    If the YouTube and toy forum shills like this thatís cool, Iím happy they get their freebies. If the cats lair forum refuses to call out this stuff during interviews with Brian they are just as bad. However anyone thatís cool with this, Iím honestly happy for you, but with how they are treating this line for top dollar, Iím not getting this.
    Again, this is a licensed product, and Super7 has to follow the brand guide provided by Warner Bros. and the final design has to be approved by Warner Bros. It does not matter what is the "correct" logo in the estimation of fans, if that is not the logo provided, and not the logo Warner Bros. will sign-off on.

  15. #2990
    Realist. Deal with it. Lord Anubis's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2001
    Posts
    4,980
    Quote Originally Posted by Adam_Prince of Eternia View Post
    Again, this is a licensed product, and Super7 has to follow the brand guide provided by Warner Bros. and the final design has to be approved by Warner Bros. It does not matter what is the "correct" logo in the estimation of fans, if that is not the logo provided, and not the logo Warner Bros. will sign-off on.
    They have done several revisions of the logo on this series, so thatís not entirely accurate. They keep improving, but leave out details.

    And having worked with Warner , I can straight up tell you they donít care at all what s7 does. They legit donít care at all about thundercats. Itís not even a matter of fans, s7 could paint Tygra pink and they probably wouldnít notice.
    "We are the tools of our own imagination, constructing temples and cathedrals in which our most outlandish dreams become truth." - Samael

  16. #2991
    Heroic Warrior depp76's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2014
    Location
    Mexico
    Posts
    2,432
    I'd buy a pink Tygra.

  17. #2992
    Heroic Warrior Triklops 1's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2008
    Location
    Eternos
    Posts
    4,403
    I'll pass on Thundertank just no,
    I'm saving space in the house for keeping CG and SM classic that are taking a lot already
    "The Most Powerful Man in the Universe..."
    "Where Hope seems Lost..."
    "Good Journey!"
    "I was summoned on the future..."
    "A Hero shall emerge to protect Eternia..."
    "A Hero will Rise..."
    "The Power of Grayskull Awakens......"
    "Let the Power Returns....!"

  18. #2993
    Realist. Deal with it. Lord Anubis's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2001
    Posts
    4,980
    Quote Originally Posted by depp76 View Post
    I'd buy a pink Tygra.
    I would too! Id buy 2 of em if it made sense.

    well I just realized in the thundertank video, they added an inch to the height making the treds and claws ultra small and off model now.
    Last edited by Lord Anubis; December 31, 2021 at 12:03am.
    "We are the tools of our own imagination, constructing temples and cathedrals in which our most outlandish dreams become truth." - Samael

  19. #2994
    Heroic Warrior King Kahn's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2001
    Location
    nashville, tn
    Posts
    6,678
    Quote Originally Posted by Lord Anubis View Post
    They have done several revisions of the logo on this series, so thatís not entirely accurate. They keep improving, but leave out details.

    And having worked with Warner , I can straight up tell you they donít care at all what s7 does. They legit donít care at all about thundercats. Itís not even a matter of fans, s7 could paint Tygra pink and they probably wouldnít notice.
    I have also worked direct with WB and even on Tcat related merch and the people who I dealt with had no idea or care about the brand. They sent is the logo backwards and wanted to use it that way. I had to convince them they were wrong in the nicest way possible and finally got the person's boss to realize the issue and why i was right.

    But Adam is still likely correct. Even if they don't care they still have to sign off on things and there may be someone in the WB pipeline that wants it that way.
    cogito ergo doleo

  20. #2995
    Heroic Warrior Creedog's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2018
    Location
    St. Louis, MO
    Posts
    244
    Happy 2 year anniversary for Thundercats Ultimates Wave 2 preorder! I think this is the longest Iíve ever waited for a release of a toy after the preorder. Any masochists here that have waited longer for a toy?

  21. #2996
    Heroic Warrior King Kahn's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2001
    Location
    nashville, tn
    Posts
    6,678
    Quote Originally Posted by Creedog View Post
    Happy 2 year anniversary for Thundercats Ultimates Wave 2 preorder! I think this is the longest Iíve ever waited for a release of a toy after the preorder. Any masochists here that have waited longer for a toy?
    yeah a few kickstarters and some haslabs have gotten close to that mark.
    cogito ergo doleo

  22. #2997
    Heroic Warrior
    Join Date
    Aug 2014
    Posts
    173
    Well according to the recent updates, wave 2 is now on the water. Will they get here before my son does in June.... Who knows

  23. #2998
    Heroic Warrior
    Join Date
    Oct 2018
    Location
    NYC
    Posts
    391
    Wasnt it supposed to be on the boat in November?

  24. #2999
    Heroic Warrior Wakko's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2000
    Location
    PA
    Posts
    3,587
    The Fwoosh has a pretty nice first look at Monkian.

    I'd say he turned out pretty darn good overall. I still feel like there's something off about his chin (which was something people pointed out on the prototype but of course was never addressed), the chain on his flail is completely incorrect, and his solid plastic gun (with no paint apps) looks incredibly cheap. All those nits aside, the figure looks solid.
    Check out my on-going project: THE UNOFFICIAL MASTERS OF THE UNIVERSE CLASSICS COMPLETE COLLECTION GUIDE
    Featuring photos, bios, accessories, release dates, and trivia for every figure, beast, vehicle and playset released in Masters of the Universe Classics!

  25. #3000
    Heroic Warrior Bonehead's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2003
    Location
    Windy City South Suburbs
    Posts
    6,379
    Quote Originally Posted by Wakko View Post
    The Fwoosh has a pretty nice first look at Monkian.

    I'd say he turned out pretty darn good overall. I still feel like there's something off about his chin (which was something people pointed out on the prototype but of course was never addressed), the chain on his flail is completely incorrect, and his solid plastic gun (with no paint apps) looks incredibly cheap. All those nits aside, the figure looks solid.
    I think he looks really good. At least it seems they got the deco right this time... I'm quite happy with him. I'm so happy that I finally got that awesome shield that spits boulders(?) from the cartoon. I love that scene where he's shooting them at Willa.

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •