Page 157 of 159 FirstFirst ... 57107147155156157158159 LastLast
Results 3,901 to 3,925 of 3954

Thread: Modern ThunderCats Toys Thread (2)

  1. #3901
    President of Primus Ornclown's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2010
    Location
    The Tri-Solar System
    Posts
    9,535
    Quote Originally Posted by Rhanen View Post
    I completely agree with you. I had a really good deal on Jaga ($45 with no shipping nor customs tax) and it is really a great figure.
    Now I'm expecting for Tygra, Monkian & Slithe to arrive in about a month () and left Mumm-Ra & Lynx-O in my POL because of shipping charges, so I may get them by August more or less
    Monkian and Slithe are two standout figures in this line... you are going to love them!

    Super 7 did a phenomenal job of creating them from the ground up. It really makes me hope for a brand new Lion-O to be made from the ground up...
    We need the POWER of the GOOD and the WAY of the MAGIC !!!

    **Staunch FILMation lover!!! **** Uber NEW ADVENTURES Fan!!!**

    >>Glad supporter of the Netflix Era<<

  2. #3902
    Heroic Warrior Bonehead's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2003
    Location
    Windy City South Suburbs
    Posts
    6,402
    Quote Originally Posted by Ornclown View Post
    Jaga is a beautiful figure!
    I said the same thing months ago. The paint on the eyes could be a bit sharper, but overall I am very happy with him.

  3. #3903
    President of Primus Ornclown's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2010
    Location
    The Tri-Solar System
    Posts
    9,535
    Quote Originally Posted by Bonehead View Post
    I said the same thing months ago. The paint on the eyes could be a bit sharper, but overall I am very happy with him.
    Yeah, me too.

    I didn't initially like the photos that I was seeing online after he released, but now I am so glad that I got him!

    Now that the line is somewhat coming together, and I get to fill out my TCats display, I am loosening up on some of my criticisms... however, I still feel that this is Super 7's weakest effort of all the Ultimates lines. Which is a shame, because ThunderCats was THE show that most MOTU fans gravitated toward when it came out, thus ranking pretty high in the favorite franchises category of the '80s...
    We need the POWER of the GOOD and the WAY of the MAGIC !!!

    **Staunch FILMation lover!!! **** Uber NEW ADVENTURES Fan!!!**

    >>Glad supporter of the Netflix Era<<

  4. #3904
    Heroic Warrior KingRandorFacepalm's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2015
    Location
    California
    Posts
    924
    Quote Originally Posted by Ornclown View Post
    Yeah, me too.

    I didn't initially like the photos that I was seeing online after he released, but now I am so glad that I got him!

    Now that the line is somewhat coming together, and I get to fill out my TCats display, I am loosening up on some of my criticisms... however, I still feel that this is Super 7's weakest effort of all the Ultimates lines. Which is a shame, because ThunderCats was THE show that most MOTU fans gravitated toward when it came out, thus ranking pretty high in the favorite franchises category of the '80s...
    I'm really glad to read that you are liking these figures. The line has its issues for sure and that has been a shame. Among my biggest disappointments have been Tygra's troubles (although I got a couple of good ones) and Jaga's main head sculpt (as a hold over from Mattel's line, it isn't as cartoon-esque as I'd like--hoping the ready to ship surprise figure Brian mentioned is an LJN Jaga with a better sculpt). As a whole, though, I do love the line. A lot.

    Waves 3 and 4 are excellent, I think. The new factory is doing much better work. Like you, I think Slithe and Monkian are particularly incredible. In fact, I think they are some of the best figures in all of my collection. Snowman and Lynx-O are top notch for me as well. I got some good Mumm-Ras from wave 2 and really like him as well (the color doesn't bother me as it isn't the hyperbolic neon some have labeled it and I always thought of him as blue as a kid--although I wouldn't have been upset with a more green hue).

    Anyhow, glad you're pleased. Here's looking to Cheetara, wave 5, Mandora, and the tank!


    Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    "Anybody want to buy a used bolo?"

  5. #3905
    Heroic Warrior King Kahn's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2001
    Location
    nashville, tn
    Posts
    6,681
    Quote Originally Posted by Ornclown View Post
    This is EXACTLY what I've wanted since day one.

    Almost every line of Ultimates that Super 7 makes is based on a vintage toyline... retro style cards (in the ML fashion) would be so awesome!
    yeah, how hard is it to do retro inspired packaging!? I know I would be a sucker and buy 2 of certain figures.
    cogito ergo doleo

  6. #3906
    Realist. Deal with it. Lord Anubis's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2001
    Posts
    4,997
    Iíll throw my 2 cents in on the packagingÖ.

    Itís certainly attractive. It gives a big value feel to the figures. However itís definitely overkill. Even if youíre a MOC collector you now have to remove a brown box and a sleeve which is 3x space taking up per figure.

    Certainly s7 will never change it at this point nor would they even listen to fans, however it would be cool to reduce the amount of bulk those boxes take up. Less accessories, hands and packaging can easily knock 10 bucks off these.

    Just 1/2 sets of hands is fine depending on who the character is. And 2 heads per figure if needed. The snarling heads are ridiculous since they arenít blood thirsty maniacs.
    "We are the tools of our own imagination, constructing temples and cathedrals in which our most outlandish dreams become truth." - Samael

  7. #3907
    President of Primus Ornclown's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2010
    Location
    The Tri-Solar System
    Posts
    9,535
    Quote Originally Posted by King Kahn View Post
    yeah, how hard is it to do retro inspired packaging!? I know I would be a sucker and buy 2 of certain figures.
    Absolutely...

    One thing I truly love about the MOTU Origins line is the repro vintage cards. Those things are perfect!!

    If Super 7 wants to preserve the packaging... make vintage cards that slide into a plastic bubble like Mythic Legions. Done.
    We need the POWER of the GOOD and the WAY of the MAGIC !!!

    **Staunch FILMation lover!!! **** Uber NEW ADVENTURES Fan!!!**

    >>Glad supporter of the Netflix Era<<

  8. #3908
    Heroic Warrior Mark M's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2019
    Location
    Northern Ireland
    Posts
    3,823
    Quote Originally Posted by Ornclown View Post
    Absolutely...

    One thing I truly love about the MOTU Origins line is the repro vintage cards. Those things are perfect!!

    If Super 7 wants to preserve the packaging... make vintage cards that slide into a plastic bubble like Mythic Legions. Done.
    The Marvel Legends Repro cards for Fantastic Four, Spiderman and Marvel Superheroes and absolutely beautiful.

  9. #3909
    Widget
    Join Date
    Feb 2016
    Posts
    32
    Here is my custom Lion-O, I modded my Super 7 version he's pictured next to the Mattel version.


    Here he is next to my modded Mumm-Ra

  10. #3910
    Heroic Warrior Mark M's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2019
    Location
    Northern Ireland
    Posts
    3,823
    Quote Originally Posted by Booshman View Post
    Here is my custom Lion-O, I modded my Super 7 version he's pictured next to the Mattel version.
    https://i.imgur.com/hygCAiH.jpg

    Here he is next to my modded Mumm-Ra
    https://i.imgur.com/8Igw4BT.jpg
    Your customs look amazing. They are far more accurate to the animation models and the colours really pop.
    Giving him the extra height really helped give him better proportions than the original.
    Same with fixing that awful chisel jaw of the original.
    I also really like how you improved the clawshield by having it attach to the leg badnetically instead of that awful peg design.
    Brilliant job Booshman.

  11. #3911
    President of Primus Ornclown's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2010
    Location
    The Tri-Solar System
    Posts
    9,535
    Just the removal of the "curl" in his hair and the more accurate torso musculature improve the figure so much!
    We need the POWER of the GOOD and the WAY of the MAGIC !!!

    **Staunch FILMation lover!!! **** Uber NEW ADVENTURES Fan!!!**

    >>Glad supporter of the Netflix Era<<

  12. #3912
    Heroic Warrior Iluvart's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2015
    Posts
    941
    Quote Originally Posted by Booshman View Post
    Here is my custom Lion-O, I modded my Super 7 version he's pictured next to the Mattel version.
    Wow, that custom looks exceptional. In my opinion, the face sculpt alone looks more like Lion-O than the official one.

    - - - Updated - - -

    My Mumm-Ra, Tygra, and Slithe arrived from BBTS today.

    Overall, the quality is fairly good, hardly any paint misapplications, and only minor QC issues.

    The issues I found were:

    - the hilt of Mumm-Ra's sword
    - Mumm-Ra's alternate head has some damage where one of the snakes joins the helmet. But because it's behind, it's not too noticeable.
    - Tygra has a few paint issues. Nothing too serious though

    Apart from that, I would have loved it if Slithe had waist articulation, and wished Tygra's elbow pad would have been painted.

    Below are some pictures.




  13. #3913
    Master of Mix & Match Charlie Brown's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2010
    Location
    Bologna - Italy
    Posts
    5,239
    Quote Originally Posted by Iluvart View Post

    Apart from that, I would have loved it if Slithe had waist articulation,
    it's a little bit different, but the articulation is there: the lioncloth won't move with it, but the waist part underneath is quite articulated.
    maybe your copy is just a bit stiff?

  14. #3914
    Heroic Warrior
    Join Date
    Dec 2012
    Posts
    4,128
    Ordered replacements for wave 2 and got them. They too had issues. S7 has me on a list for a new mumra head. Had to combine my grunes and mumras to make better ones


    The ungodly look on grunes hips are not due to the holes in the thighs ain't deep enough but due to the fact his lion cloth is super short exposing the balls. He's wearing his girlfriends panties. Damn hussie.

    Sent from my SM-A326U using Tapatalk

  15. #3915
    Heroic sculptor of toys Battle_Brak's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2004
    Location
    Pittsburgh, PA
    Posts
    1,390
    Quote Originally Posted by unclassified View Post
    The ungodly look on grunes hips are not due to the holes in the thighs ain't deep enough but due to the fact his lion cloth is super short exposing the balls.
    Sent from my SM-A326U using Tapatalk
    Thatís the NSFW variant!
    Check out my artwork: https://aarondoyle.artstation.com/

  16. #3916
    Heroic Warrior felgekarp's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2014
    Location
    Sheffield, UK.
    Posts
    1,500
    Quote Originally Posted by Battle_Brak View Post
    Thatís the NSFW variant!
    I didn't realise these figures had that kind of detail on them

  17. #3917
    Heroic Warrior Wakko's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2000
    Location
    PA
    Posts
    3,592
    Quote Originally Posted by unclassified View Post
    ..his lion cloth is super short exposing the balls.
    Check out my on-going project: THE UNOFFICIAL MASTERS OF THE UNIVERSE CLASSICS COMPLETE COLLECTION GUIDE
    Featuring photos, bios, accessories, release dates, and trivia for every figure, beast, vehicle and playset released in Masters of the Universe Classics!

  18. #3918
    Heroic Warrior
    Join Date
    Dec 2012
    Posts
    4,128
    Hahaha you guys . Ball joints. Man you guys just cracked me up.

    Sent from my SM-A326U using Tapatalk

  19. #3919
    President of Primus Ornclown's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2010
    Location
    The Tri-Solar System
    Posts
    9,535
    That pose!!!

    We need the POWER of the GOOD and the WAY of the MAGIC !!!

    **Staunch FILMation lover!!! **** Uber NEW ADVENTURES Fan!!!**

    >>Glad supporter of the Netflix Era<<

  20. #3920
    Heroic Warrior Mark M's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2019
    Location
    Northern Ireland
    Posts
    3,823
    It's ironic that Robo from the Fwoosh can make a video and complain about the height of a Star Wars Black Series R2 unit being too small compared to the other figures and not the same height as the same scaled Bandai model kit.
    Yet when Robo and Veebees (and other reviewers) are interviewing Brian about Thundercats they don't bring up any of the inaccurate scale issues...or inaccurate sculpts....or inaccurate colours...or badly designed articulation...bad design choices....and the terrible quality control etc.
    Maybe if Hasbro were sending Fwoosh figures for free maybe the R2 units scale wouldn't be an issue.
    Last edited by Mark M; June 1, 2022 at 11:59am.

  21. #3921
    Heroic Warrior depp76's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2014
    Location
    Mexico
    Posts
    2,582
    Quote Originally Posted by Mark M View Post
    It's ironic that Robo from the Fwoosh can make a video and complain about the height of a Star Wars Black Series R2 unit being too small compared to the other figures and not the same height as the same scaled Bandai model kit.
    Yet when Robo and Veebees (and other reviewers) are interviewing Brian about Thundercats they don't bring up any of the inaccurate scale issues...or inaccurate sculpts....or inaccurate colours...or badly designed articulation...bad design choices....and the terrible quality control etc.
    Maybe if Hasbro were sending Fwoosh figures for free maybe the R2 units scale wouldn't be an issue.
    I'm tellin ya it's all about those free figures lol.

  22. #3922
    Heroic Warrior Durendal's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2011
    Location
    Toronto, Canada
    Posts
    3,003
    Quote Originally Posted by depp76 View Post
    I'm tellin ya it's all about those free figures lol.
    I mean, it's kind of understandable to a point. These adult collector lines are very expensive, and there are so many of them now, so if one can convince a company that it's worthwhile publicity-wise to send them free samples for review, that's a huge cost saving. Unfortunately the downside of that is a reluctance to be critical and overlook issues for fear of derailing the gravy train.

    The Fwoosh knows where their bread is buttered.

  23. #3923
    Heroic Warrior Iluvart's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2015
    Posts
    941
    I have a question for those that have both Mattel and Super7 versions of Lion-O. How different are the two, and does the Super7 version have better overall quality and paint applications?

  24. #3924
    Realist. Deal with it. Lord Anubis's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2001
    Posts
    4,997
    Quote Originally Posted by Iluvart View Post
    I have a question for those that have both Mattel and Super7 versions of Lion-O. How different are the two, and does the Super7 version have better overall quality and paint applications?
    The Mattel one has much better colors and stands out more being vibrant. The 7 version is much darker. However super 7 gives the correct claw shield and sword sculpts. The Mattel swords and claw are terrible. The only thing I like better on the 7 figure itself is the belt logo. I have both and Frankensteiníd my ultimate version.

    For Panthro there was no upgrade needed at all, he was darker too and had weird eyes so Mattel one wins, same with Jackalman. Pumyra wasnít much of an upgrade other than maybe a few centimeters shaved off.

    Mumm-Raís cloak was the major upgrade from Mattel and his now inaccurate blue at least matches the ever living form. However color wise Mattel was much closer to the mark.
    "We are the tools of our own imagination, constructing temples and cathedrals in which our most outlandish dreams become truth." - Samael

  25. #3925
    Heroic Warrior Mark M's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2019
    Location
    Northern Ireland
    Posts
    3,823
    Quote Originally Posted by Lord Anubis View Post
    The Mattel one has much better colors and stands out more being vibrant. The 7 version is much darker. However super 7 gives the correct claw shield and sword sculpts. The Mattel swords and claw are terrible. The only thing I like better on the 7 figure itself is the belt logo. I have both and Frankensteiníd my ultimate version.

    For Panthro there was no upgrade needed at all, he was darker too and had weird eyes so Mattel one wins, same with Jackalman. Pumyra wasnít much of an upgrade other than maybe a few centimeters shaved off.

    Mumm-Raís cloak was the major upgrade from Mattel and his now inaccurate blue at least matches the ever living form. However color wise Mattel was much closer to the mark.
    Super 7's Pumyra is also assembled incorrectly having the calves reversed.

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •