Page 162 of 170 FirstFirst ... 62112152160161162163164 ... LastLast
Results 4,026 to 4,050 of 4247

Thread: Modern ThunderCats Toys Thread (2)

Heroic Warrior KingRandorFacepalm's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by unclassified View Post
    I was just thinking the same thing when I was looking at all the pics. I was like wait. Does the s7 have black spots in the hair? Lol. Mines not near me right now.

Sent from my SM-A326U using Tapatalk
    They're mostly on the top and back of her head. I believe I counted 35 on mine.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    "Anybody want to buy a used bolo?"

Quote Originally Posted by KingRandorFacepalm View Post
    I've been chastised in the past for not letting the model sheets have the final word and instead using the show as a measuring rod. I think it's all a bit silly.
    Regardless of animation or model sheets accuracy all that really matters is if the figures looks good....and so far in my opinion only a few of the Mattel and Super 7 figures look good.

Heroic Warrior

Yeah I see em now lol.

It just looks like from the pics from the show that she should have them in the front and sides too.

Quote Originally Posted by Mark M View Post
    Regardless of animation or model sheets accuracy all that really matters is if the figures looks good....and so far in my opinion only a few of the Mattel and Super 7 figures look good.
    I agree completely with this standard. What matters is if it looks good.

We completely disagree on the second part of your statement. I'm sorry you feel that way.

Opinions will always vary. That's okay. Many here like the Masterverse and GI Joe Classified lines, for example. Aside from Orko (which turned out really well), I think the design choices, production quality, and unsightly articulation put those figures at various levels of disappointing at best.

And yet, I'm very pleased with the Thundercats line. Truth is, there is probably a lot more that goes into the shaping of all of our opinions and experiences of these lines than we realize.

Modern ThunderCats Toys Thread (2)

Quote Originally Posted by depp76 View Post
    It just looks like from the pics from the show that she should have them in the front and sides too.
    In hand, it's pretty similar to this

It is hard to capture the three dimensional experience in pictures, though. She doesn't, to me, look like she's sparse on spots in hand. It's odd how photo can't seem to capture it.

I also think a few on the sides would have been good, though.

Opinions will always vary. That's okay. Many here like the Masterverse and GI Joe Classified lines, for example. Aside from Orko (which turned out really well), I think the design choices, production quality, and unsightly articulation put those figures at various levels of disappointing at best...
    I really like the G.I. Joe Classified line. While the line had an odd start with the Fortnite style armour the line has gone from strength to strenght with each new wave since they started going for more vintage inspired designs.
    I do like some of the Masterverse figures but I do think some of them aren't great...especially some of the Revelations figures. Really liking the New Eternia stuff.

Of all the Masterverse and Classified figures I have, none of them really have any production quality issues. From what I have seen of Super 7's products nearly every wave...and nearly every figure seems to have qulaity control issues or just bad design and engineering.

Speaking of articulation I really dislike ab crunch articultion. Also not that bothered about thigh articulation.
    I am not that bothered about double jointed elbows and knees. It's nice having more range of motion, but a standard joint with the right engineering can get a really good range of motion like on the later Star Wars Black Series figures.
    The standard joints on Super 7's figures should not have such limited range of motion.

Modern ThunderCats Toys Thread (2)

Quote Originally Posted by Mark M View Post
    I really like the G.I. Joe Classified line. While the line had an odd start with the Fortnite style armour the line has gone from strength to strenght with each new wave since they started going for more vintage inspired designs.
    I do like some of the Masterverse figures but I do think some of them aren't great...especially some of the Revelations figures. Really liking the New Eternia stuff.

Of all the Masterverse and Classified figures I have, none of them really have any production quality issues. From what I have seen of Super 7's products nearly every wave...and nearly every figure seems to have qulaity control issues or just bad design and engineering.

Speaking of articulation I really dislike ab crunch articultion. Also not that bothered about thigh articulation.
    I am not that bothered about double jointed elbows and knees. It's nice having more range of motion, but a standard joint with the right engineering can get a really good range of motion like on the later Star Wars Black Series figures.
    The standard joints on Super 7's figures should not have such limited range of motion.
    I'm certainly glad you like them, especially in light of how frustrating the Super7 figures have been for you. We all should have something to get excited about and be pleased with. I'm happy you have that.

When I said production quality, I didn't mean QC. Just production quality. A number of things go into them just feeling quite cheap to me. That, though, has probably been the least of my disappointments with those lines.

I didn't bring all that up in order to start discussing the merits of other lines, though. Mods would (and should) step in if this thread started in that direction. I also don't want to drop into those line's threads just to say how much I don't like them. People like them and I'm glad for that. I don't, so I'll attend elsewhere.

The back and forth on the merits of figures tends to be less than fruitful, anyhow. There is no accounting for taste. We might as well argue over broccoli being better than asparagus (it totally is) or yellow being worse than green (jury's out). And, like I said, our experiences of these lines are shaped by more than we realize. And, because of that, we're only talking about a portion of what is really going on in us. It isn't surprising we don't get too far.

Anyhow, I have enjoyed attending to each others' comments here, Mark M. We haven't interacted much and it's been good to do so--even to find some areas of agreement!

Just got mine this morning. I can honestly say, even with her flaws, she's probably one of the best figures we've gotten in the TCats line. I'm really pleased with her.
    Check out my on-going project: THE UNOFFICIAL MASTERS OF THE UNIVERSE CLASSICS COMPLETE COLLECTION GUIDE
    Featuring photos, bios, accessories, release dates, and trivia for every figure, beast, vehicle and playset released in Masters of the Universe Classics!

Master of Mix & Match Charlie Brown's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Wakko View Post

Just got mine this morning. I can honestly say, even with her flaws, she's probably one of the best figures we've gotten in the TCats line. I'm really pleased with her.
    well, thanks, nice to hear that.

Heroic Warrior
    Bbts is sending me a new cheetara for the split wrist peg. Thats cool.

That's good to hear. Mine comes tomorrow.

I ended up buying another Tygra, so now I have 3 total, and between them all I've been able to construct a figure decent enough to put on my display. Despite his deco flaws, I really do love the figure.

I'm supposed to get Cheetara today. FedEx has been strangely slow with her package which isn't in the spirit of the character at all.

From my TCats Ultimates collection guide:

Check out my on-going project: THE UNOFFICIAL MASTERS OF THE UNIVERSE CLASSICS COMPLETE COLLECTION GUIDE
    Featuring photos, bios, accessories, release dates, and trivia for every figure, beast, vehicle and playset released in Masters of the Universe Classics!

From my TCats Ultimates collection guide:

https://live.staticflickr.com/65535/...406a1b37_k.jpg
    Youíre doing great work with this guide.

Court Magician
    Quote Originally Posted by Battle_Brak View Post
    My Tygra came with horrendous paint (poor masking overall, fuzzy face paint, and half the emblem was just a black blob) I sent an email for a refund or replacement. They sent me a new figure, which I just received. This time the paint is perfect!
    Was that from super 7 directly or another vendor?

Heroic sculptor of toys Battle_Brak's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Booshman View Post
    Was that from super 7 directly or another vendor?
    It was from BBTS
    Check out my artwork: https://aarondoyle.artstation.com/

Court Magician
    Quote Originally Posted by Battle_Brak View Post
    It was from BBTS
    Thanks fot the reply, I'm still waiting for my replacement from S7, I messaged them initially on March 24th, this is getting beyond a joke.

Heroic Warrior
    My replacement cheetara came 4 days early. That was fast. Got it in 3 days.

Realist. Deal with it. Lord Anubis's Avatar
    Test shot tank pics are online (canít find em now) it appears they didnít adjust the rear of the tank so itís way off. Wonderful.
    "We are the tools of our own imagination, constructing temples and cathedrals in which our most outlandish dreams become truth." - Samael

Quote Originally Posted by unclassified View Post
    My replacement cheetara came 4 days early. That was fast. Got it in 3 days.
    What did you expect? She does run very fast.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Lord Anubis View Post
    Test shot tank pics are online (can’t find em now) it appears they didn’t adjust the rear of the tank so it’s way off. Wonderful.
    FwooshCast Ep. 73: SDCC and ULTIMATES! Talk with Super7's Brian Flynn!

It's in here. Thankfully there is chapter breakdowns.

Thoughts?
    Last edited by Bonehead; July 11, 2022 at 06:59pm.

Heroic Warrior
    My Cheetara is on her wayÖfinally. I ordered from Entertainment Earth. Stupid DHL doesn't provide a projected delivery date.
    200X fan? Classic fan? What does that mean? I'm a MotU fan!!!

Heroic Warrior
    Yeah, I ordered her from EE too. No markup and freeshipping.

Widget
    Super7 revealed their ThunderCats SDCC Exclusive - Color Changing Frozen Lion-o from Hook Mountain

Heroic Warrior Grayskull Guardsman's Avatar
    Welp.... Of all the things....

In my sight beyond sight, I see an invisible Tigra with the same gimmick.