Page 40 of 41 FirstFirst ... 3038394041 LastLast
Results 976 to 1,000 of 1023

Thread: Modern ThunderCats Toys Thread (2)

Heroic Warrior
    Quote Originally Posted by Lasastard View Post
    I had to stare at that shot a couple of minutes to even guess what the "calf issue" may be all about, so whatever it is, I doubt most people will even notice. In any case, since they are already doing test shots and have the prototype for the packaging done, there is zero chance that any of the perceived issues will be fixed before these ship.
    It bothered me enough to swap the lower legs on Jackalman but, I have to agree, I don't think most would notice that anyway. Still tho, it is disappointing that they couldn't be bothered to fix it, as minor of an issue that it is.
    Also, a bit disappointed that Lion-O is still going to be short apparently.

Heroic Warrior
    Great interview. Thanks again for sharing sabatian. As for grune torso, the lack of ab crunch for a another armor to click on don't sound to good. I'd rather a softer plastic armor that's removable like mattys classics. Don't get why they don't make removable armor on their figures or why they'd choose this way for grune and not the other.

Sent from my SPH-L720T using Tapatalk

Quote Originally Posted by unclassified View Post
    Great interview. Thanks again for sharing sabatian. As for grune torso, the lack of ab crunch for a another armor to click on don't sound to good. I'd rather a softer plastic armor that's removable like mattys classics. Don't get why they don't make removable armor on their figures or why they'd choose this way for grune and not the other.

That sounds terrible, they should make removable armor like the prototype. Is Super7 going to ruin Grune too?

I think the reason is the same as always, they just want to lower costs. The Four Horsemen made 2 armor with shoulder pads, Super7 removed them in the second.

Heroic Warrior
    Quote Originally Posted by Baedal View Post
    That sounds terrible, they should make removable armor like the prototype. Is Super7 going to ruin Grune too?

https://i.ibb.co/g9yyMkC/grune-back.jpg

I think the reason is the same as always, they just want to lower costs. The Four Horsemen made 2 armor with shoulder pads, Super7 removed them in the second.

https://i.ibb.co/Qv9m1Sc/grune-4horsemen.jpg
    Seems like it would cost more to do it thier way. Idk. Bit of a let down though.

Quote Originally Posted by Sebastiaan View Post
    Check out the new interview with Brian from S7! http://thundercats.org/2020/01/wave-...nn-from-super7
    Thanks @Sebastiaan

Sent from my vivo 1718 using Tapatalk
    By the power of Grayskull!!!!

The reports of how well the QC of the MOTU Stout Collection figures has got me really excited about the Ultimates line. I hope this is a good sign of things to come for the TC line and quite frankly all of their lines. When the TCU line was first announced, I was VERY concerned about S7's QC. Their track record IMO was not very good up to this point but hopefully this means they've corrected their errors.

Didn't that discussion already get solved ages ago? The gap is necessary for the ab-crunch to function. The references you refer to are not yet functional toys. You'd get paint rub on the ab crunch if they produced them exactly like the prototypes. The gap doesn't look much bigger than what we have seen with MOTUC tbh.
    While true that the protos aren't functional and essentially show hardly any gap for movement, there are ways as mentioned to improve on that. It doesn't have to be so noticeable and obnoxious that it looks ridiculous. The WORST eyesore IMO is a BAD ab-cut for the ab crunch on an action figure. There's so many figures that I won't even touch for that alone if it's severely botched.

Quote Originally Posted by Riddle of Steel View Post
    While true that the protos aren't functional and essentially show hardly any gap for movement, there are ways as mentioned to improve on that. It doesn't have to be so noticeable and obnoxious that it looks ridiculous. The WORST eyesore IMO is a BAD ab-cut for the ab crunch on an action figure. There's so many figures that I won't even touch for that alone if it's severely botched.
    There is no reason why the piece of Lion-O's abdomen isn't the same as the other figures, the details fit perfectly and functionally to the old piece, it wasn't necessary to remake it so badly. There is also no reason for them to have made it shorter than normal, this can be seen on the back, it is clearly a factory error.

In addition to that ugly gap, this piece greatly influences the figure proportion and overall appearance. When compared to another side-by-side figure the issue is further exposed. I posted this in August when they opened the pre-order, I never thought that Super7 would do the same, it's really a shame, I wanted the figure to be better.

I had to stare at that shot a couple of minutes to even guess what the "calf issue" may be all about, so whatever it is, I doubt most people will even notice. In any case, since they are already doing test shots and have the prototype for the packaging done, there is zero chance that any of the perceived issues will be fixed before these ship.
    I'm not sure these are "perceived" issues... they seem quite real to me.

I think it's a shame that Super 7 didn't take this opportunity to give the whole line a complete makeover... especially Pumyra!
    We need the POWER of the GOOD and the WAY of the MAGIC !!!

**Staunch FILMation lover!!! **** Uber NEW ADVENTURES Fan!!!**
    Waiting for more William Stout characters!!!

There is no reason why the piece of Lion-O's abdomen isn't the same as the other figures, the details fit perfectly and functionally to the old piece, it wasn't necessary to remake it so badly. There is also no reason for them to have made it shorter than normal, this can be seen on the back, it is clearly a factory error.

In addition to that ugly gap, this piece greatly influences the figure proportion and overall appearance. When compared to another side-by-side figure the issue is further exposed. I posted this in August when they opened the pre-order, I never thought that Super7 would do the same, it's really a shame, I wanted the figure to be better.

https://i.ibb.co/8B9n243/sample-1.jpg

https://i.ibb.co/sqNZxJs/sample-2.jpg
    You do this every time figures are coming out. First off Skeletor has the bare chested MOTUC upper torso with a different style ab crunch than the Lion-0 even though both were produced by Mattel. The test shots from Super7 in the packaging sample stated these were only plastic test shots so that Brian and team can look them over and mark what corrections need to be made before the figures go into production. Everyone seemed quite happy with their Mattel Lion-0 and i'm sure Super7's will look just as nice and I'm glad to see that Pumyra's height has been corrected from the prototype pictures she seems to be shorter than Tygra & Grune while Mumm-Ra Towers over Tygra & Grune by two more inches

You are free to go on FB and PM Brian Flynn with your concerns just so long as you are Polite about it and offer suggestions that you think are helpful NOT make DEMANDS. Trust me they look at all fan suggestions sent to them even if they don't reply back.
    So Glad Super7 has the Thundercats Lic. Looking forward to all they have to offer.

Quote Originally Posted by mjw41 View Post
    Everyone seemed quite happy with their Mattel Lion-0...
    Actually a lot of people had several issues with the Mattel Lion-O.

Quote Originally Posted by Ornclown View Post
    I'm not sure these are "perceived" issues... they seem quite real to me.

I think it's a shame that Super 7 didn't take this opportunity to give the whole line a complete makeover... especially Pumyra!
    It was a good opportunity to implement new more aesthetic joints, but it lost.

The Mythic Legions elbows and knees without pins in sight would have been a great update for the old MOTUC buck without losing its features, for example.

Quote Originally Posted by mjw41 View Post
    You do this every time figures are coming out. First off Skeletor has the bare chested MOTUC upper torso with a different style ab crunch than the Lion-0 even though both were produced by Mattel. The test shots from Super7 in the packaging sample stated these were only plastic test shots so that Brian and team can look them over and mark what corrections need to be made before the figures go into production.
    Ok boomer. There're people with a very low observation level and extremely conformist, I can't do anything against it.

The torso and the abominal Lion-O piece should be exactly the same as Skeletor's, except for the simple outfit details, there is no reason to change the structure, that was a factory error, I explained it many times.

When I saw the great Super7 prototype, I posted comparative images with hope that Super7 will not use Mattel's figure with bad proportions and issues to make the tooling, but apparently that was exactly what they did, a disappointment and a big mistake.

Quote Originally Posted by Mark M View Post
    Actually a lot of people had several issues with the Mattel Lion-O.
    Exactly.

Über Fan Adam_Prince of Eternia's Avatar
    Ok boomer. There're people with a very low observation level and extremely conformist, I can't do anything against it.

The torso and the abominal Lion-O piece should be exactly the same as Skeletor's, except for the simple outfit details, there is no reason to change the structure, that was a factory error, I explained it many times.

When I saw the great Super7 prototype, I posted comparative images with hope that Super7 will not use Mattel's figure with bad proportions and issues to make the tooling, but apparently that was exactly what they did, a disappointment and a big mistake.
    Alternatively, it is the same three people who never seem to be satisfied with anything that the reast of us cannot do anything about. We get it, it is not up to your standards. Put a period, and move on.

Quote Originally Posted by Adam_Prince of Eternia View Post
    Alternatively, it is the same three people who never seem to be satisfied with anything that the reast of us cannot do anything about. We get it, it is not up to your standards. Put a period, and move on.
    Or Super7 could do things correctly and we avoid this whole issue, simple.

They're repeating mistakes of a figure that release four years ago and charging twice, there're people like me who are reporting problems early and anyway they do it wrong, please, what is this about?

I just want a decent Lion-O figure that looks like what they sold me.

Silent Gener! Boomer! Gen-xer! Millenial!
    Last edited by suckator; January 19, 2020 at 09:21pm.

Quote Originally Posted by suckator View Post
    Silent Gener! Boomer! Gen-xer! Millenial!

Neat, everyone! Let's all head down the path to getting this thread closed down. Or we could listen to the mods and just talk about the figures themselves, ya know?

The constructive input I'll leave here is that if you feel so strongly about changes needing to be made, I would hope that you'd put your efforts into sending messages through the proper channels and not on a message board originally intended for He-Man stuff.

Patience is probably in order, because Super 7 is listening and they ARE making changes to the figures bit by bit. We've seen it already. I'm personally just very happy that they were able to pull off getting the license and putting figures in our hands once again. Exciting times ahead for TC fans!!

-Johnny C

Quote Originally Posted by JohnnyC View Post
    Neat, everyone! Let's all head down the path to getting this thread closed down. Or we could listen to the mods and just talk about the figures themselves, ya know?

The constructive input I'll leave here is that if you feel so strongly about changes needing to be made, I would hope that you'd put your efforts into sending messages through the proper channels and not on a message board originally intended for He-Man stuff.

Patience is probably in order, because Super 7 is listening and they ARE making changes to the figures bit by bit. We've seen it already. I'm personally just very happy that they were able to pull off getting the license and putting figures in our hands once again. Exciting times ahead for TC fans!!

-Johnny C
    Well said Johnny C.. I already pointed out those who feel so strongly about changes needing to be made should politely message Brian Flynn on his FB account as he does read all the customers input even if he may not reply to it. We saw it with him addressing the many messages about the wolf head being upside down on the SM test shot and that Super7 changed Tygra's colors to the correct ones based on customers messages and pictures sent.
    So Glad Super7 has the Thundercats Lic. Looking forward to all they have to offer.

Heroic Warrior
    yeah, lets advocate for mediocrity to be the golden standard. the brass ring for everyone to reach for. especially on consumer based products that sure makes a whole lot of sense. the way in which super7 are spoken of here by some as a company is on some indoctrinated cult level. the way some of you seem to view them you'd think they were the red cross or médecins sans frontières.

we should kiss their feet and accept sub-par quality because they were ''kind'' enough to aquire the license? for them doing this all of a sudden it's go-go gadget blinders on. they aquired it because they could make money off of it, period. and it should be compared to other action-figures around or below the same pricepoint when judging the quality of said product. and here super7 comes in woefully short of the mark.
    Last edited by magik; January 19, 2020 at 04:36pm.

Über Fan Adam_Prince of Eternia's Avatar
    Or Super7 could do things correctly and we avoid this whole issue, simple.

They're repeating mistakes of a figure that release four years ago and charging twice, there're people like me who are reporting problems early and anyway they do it wrong, please, what is this about?

I just want a decent Lion-O figure that looks like what they sold me.
    You are like a customer in a restaurant who is complaining about the quality of his meal because it does not appear as advertised to the other patrons instead of to the chef. What do you want us to do about it? We are not experiencing the same issues as you, nor are we in a position to help you. So what exactly do you hope to accomplish here?

Quote Originally Posted by magik View Post
    yeah, lets advocate for mediocrity to be the golden standard. the brass ring for everyone to reach for. especially on consumer based products that sure makes a whole lot of sense. the way in which super7 are spoken of here by some as a company is on some indoctrinated cult level. the way some of you seem to view them you'd think they were the red cross or médecins sans frontières.

we should kiss their feet and accept sub-par quality because they were ''kind'' enough to aquire the license? for them doing this all of a sudden it's go-go gadget blinders on. they aquired it because they could make money off of it, period. and it should be compared to other action-figures around or below the same pricepoint when judging the quality of said product. and here super7 comes in woefully short of the mark.
    If you truly believe the quality of the product is mediocre and sub-par, then you should have confidence that will be reflected in the sales when consumers vote with their pocketbooks. Otherwise, if the goal of the two of you is to convert people to your point of view so they will advocate your position to the people who are empowered to implement the changes you would like to see, then you are failing miserably.

Heroic Warrior
    You are like a customer in a restaurant who is complaining about the quality of his meal because it does not appear as advertised to the other patrons instead of to the chef. What do you want us to do about it? We are not experiencing the same issues as you, nor are we in a position to help you. So what exactly do you hope to accomplish here?

this is a very poor attempt at an analogy. in a restaurant of any sort of standard (or where the chef actually cares) that sort of critique being delivered directly to them would be taken onboard. to liken this to holding a company responsible thinking that 'a few voices' being heard would cause a company to make alterations that would cost serious money to correct? ''we'' who are these we? cuz there are multiple people on this forum, and multiple other boards that share these views, so if anything it does make sense if you want to bring about change.

if you actually believe that i'd argue that train of thought is pretty childish. that 'train of thought' well one could say it was probably built by tonka.

It's collecting not food, an unfortunate comparison for not saying some disrespectful.

The issues are obvious, I want the correctly proportioned figure that was sold to me, like many others with which I felt satisfied, it's not so difficult to understand. We're here to move forward, not to go back, I don't want a figure with the mistakes of another that came out 4 years ago, again.

If you don't mind or are looking for deformed and careless figures you can collect Funkos of 10 dollars, these Ultimates/Classics of 45 are premium collectibles according to the manufacturer.

Avenge The Fallen Dynamo of Eternia's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by magik View Post

You aren't going to get anyone here to help you (who isn't already doing so) to Super7's attention if you keep posting in this kind of tone.

When I previously pointed out that you should reach out to the people working on this line (i.e. Super7) who can actually make these changes if things aren't too far along, you made a point about you being one person and it's better to have strength in numbers to bring this to their attention.

But you've been ridiculously condescending and abrasive in how you've gone about this.

Even for those of us who otherwise are fine with Tygra as-is, but could still see where some things (like the shape of his head/hair, which I did a photoshop job on to correct a while back) could be improved, you really aren't giving us much incentive to back you up on this, especially when we aren't all that upset with Tygra as he stands now.

- - - Updated - - -

It's collecting not food, an unfortunate comparison for not saying some disrespectful.
    But the point remains the same. If you want something done about it, complain to the people actually making the stuff (be it collectible figures or food). Complaining to the other customers won't make a difference. But great job missing the point.

Who does everyone want to see in Wave 3?

Which choices make the most sense?

I was thinking:

-Monkian
    -Cheetara
    -Lynx-O
    -Hammer Hand

We need the POWER of the GOOD and the WAY of the MAGIC !!!

**Staunch FILMation lover!!! **** Uber NEW ADVENTURES Fan!!!**
    Waiting for more William Stout characters!!!

Quote Originally Posted by Ornclown View Post
    Who does everyone want to see in Wave 3?

Which choices make the most sense?

I was thinking:

-Monkian
    -Cheetara
    -Lynx-O
    -Hammer Hand

I like that Line Up, but I honestly think Cheetara & Slithe will be held back for January 2021 because if they release the core cats too fast some will stop at that and Super7 can sprinkle in other characters in wave 3 wave 4 and wave 5
    I do think we will get Jaga this year and maybe the kittens, but Brian said he wants to go deep so we could get characters like Pumm-Ra, Wizz-Ra and Mandora along with some Lunataks.

I know brian posted in his wave two interview the waves will have two Good characters and two Villains
    Last edited by mjw41; January 19, 2020 at 10:10pm.

I'm hoping Cheetara, Jaga, Slithe, and Monkian.