Page 2 of 27 FirstFirst 123412 ... LastLast

Thread: Modern Thundercats Toys Thread (2)

Quote Originally Posted by Creedog View Post
    According to the guy in the other thread, we should be getting at least 4 waves total, including the lunataks.

Wave 1 consists of 6 figures:

Tygra
    Slithe
    Grune
    Jaga
    Figure #5 (updated Lion-o?)
    Figure #6

I hope he was right, I would be super excited for this wave.
    If it's turns out to be four figures in the first wave I'd be very happy with those four.

Claw shield wise I not fussed either way as I wont re-buy any character that was already released by Mattel.
    MOTUC Most Wanted: Kayo, Vizar, Hoove, Lizorr

UK MOTU Fan Club Members - Add You Member Name to this Thread

Wanted:
    Trade my Red Stone He-Ro Staff for a Green one

Quote Originally Posted by Wakko View Post
    This is what I've seen reported in several places - four were secretly shown at SDCC, but the wave will have six figures. I hope that's true!
    Me too! The more the merrier. It could also be a 4 new figures, 2 “ultimate editions” of existing figures (lion-o and panthro?) type wave. That would be 4 solid figures for everyone. The other 2 figures would be for people playing catch-up, as well as those of us who want all the variants, especially if there are improvements. Super7 has done this kind of wave before with filmation motu cg.

- - - Updated - - -

Also, the teaser sure looks like a new lion-o toy, right? The teaser should be in wave 1...
    Last edited by Creedog; August 12, 2019 at 11:53am.

I also hope that the wave has 6 figures.

You mean, according to some guy who heard from Brian directly? Because on video, Brian just says “they are back there in a box”. And I don’t see any posts on Facebook where Brian directly stated “4 figure in wave 1 of Thundercats” either. I could be wrong, maybe he said that publicly somewhere else.

According to the guy from the other thread, it’s true that they were only showing 4 of the figures at SDCC, but wave 1 was to consist of a total of 6 figures.

We’ll find out one way or another soon enough!

Check your Private messages
    Collectors Choice most Wanted Characacters:

Hunga The Harpy, Sagitar, General Tateran, Kothos, 200x Sorceress, Crimson Countess, Inspector Darkney.

Club Grayskull Filmation most Wanted Characacters:

Melaktha, Leech, Filmation Horde Trooper, Yukkers, Multibot, Ram-Man, Whiplash, Webstor, Blue Faker ( From JE The Return Of Faker)

Quote Originally Posted by mjw41 View Post
    Hey, I want to check my Private Messages too!!!
    Check out my on-going project: THE UNOFFICIAL MASTERS OF THE UNIVERSE CLASSICS COMPLETE COLLECTION GUIDE
    Featuring photos, bios, accessories, release dates, and trivia for every figure, beast, vehicle and playset released in Masters of the Universe Classics!

So, ok, we definitely have 2 legitimate theories here. 4 or 6 figures. Either way we are crazy fortunate to get ANY more figures. Let’s go Super7!

So, ok, we definitely have 2 legitimate theories here. 4 or 6 figures. Either way we are crazy fortunate to get ANY more figures. Let’s go Super7!
    Oooh... maybe they're giving two options: a set of four new figures, or a set of six figures that includes re-releases of Lion-O and Panthro.

Let the conspiracy theories continue...
    Check out my on-going project: THE UNOFFICIAL MASTERS OF THE UNIVERSE CLASSICS COMPLETE COLLECTION GUIDE
    Featuring photos, bios, accessories, release dates, and trivia for every figure, beast, vehicle and playset released in Masters of the Universe Classics!

I hope it is 6 figures! The more Thundercats we can get, the better. I also hope there isn’t too much time between waves. I don’t want anything to happen before Super7 has a chance to see it through. If the 4 names we have heard are accurate, I’m guessing Lion-O and possibly Mumm-ra are the other two, or maybe Lion-O and a Lunatak, to show fans that they are committed to them. Can’t wait to see! Literally... So someone better share with the class or send me a “private message” too!!

Quote Originally Posted by Wes2882 View Post
    I hope it is 6 figures! The more Thundercats we can get, the better. I also hope there isn’t too much time between waves. I don’t want anything to happen before Super7 has a chance to see it through. If the 4 names we have heard are accurate, I’m guessing Lion-O and possibly Mumm-ra are the other two, or maybe Lion-O and a Lunatak, to show fans that they are committed to them. Can’t wait to see! Literally... So someone better share with the class or send me a “private message” too!!
    It’s probably a straight up 4 figure wave preorder.

But it could be a regular 4 figure wave preorder, with 2 ultimate editions as a separate preorder.

Heroic Warrior Grayskull Guardsman's Avatar
    So outside of Cats, Mutants, and Lunataks, who else do folks want to see?

Berbils and Mandora perhaps?

Quote Originally Posted by Wes2882 View Post
    I want more characters, but as long as they at least make Lion-O, Tygra, Panthro, Cheetara, Kit, Kat, Snarf and Jaga aong with Mumm-Ra TEL, Ssslithe, Monkian, Jackalman Vultureman and Grune I would be more than happy.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Grayskull Guardsman View Post

All the Berbils.
    I really want the Berserkers, Mongor, Shiner, Hachiman, Snowman, Captain Cracker etc.

I just hope they redo/remake the Mattel figures. I had them all, but sold them about a year ago when it looked like the line was dead and buried. Would be frustration to have to hunt those down again on eBay...

I wouldn't mind a few Berbils, Mongor, Driller, Safarie Joe or Mandora in the line, but its up to Super7 & The Horsemen who gets offered.

Hunga The Harpy, Sagitar, General Tateran, Kothos, 200x Sorceress, Crimson Countess, Inspector Darkney.

Melaktha, Leech, Filmation Horde Trooper, Yukkers, Multibot, Ram-Man, Whiplash, Webstor, Blue Faker ( From JE The Return Of Faker)

The Berzerkers are worthy of inclusion for sure. And it would be nice to get them with cartoon-accurate sculpting that isn't ruined by their bulky action features (like the LJN figures were).

I really want Rataro (it's debatable whether he counts as one of the Mutants), Willa, Mandora, and pretty much all of the LJN figures re-done in Classics style (but give me Turmagor the Tuska instead of a random Tuska Warrior, please).

Snowmeow on the Battle Cat buck would be epic, but I'm not sure if it's possible.

And even though he was a one-episode wonder, imagine how awesome Mongor would look in Classics style.

The Berzerkers are worthy of inclusion for sure. And it would be nice to get them with cartoon-accurate sculpting that isn't ruined by their bulky action features (like the LJN figures were).
    Man oh man I just hope the line is going for toon accuracy, and not toy accuracy or even “classics” style. Toy accurate like the new tmnt line would almost be a dealbreaker. If nothing else, I would be doing a lot of custom painting to fix them.

Snowmeow on the Battle Cat buck would be epic, but I'm not sure if it's possible.
    That would be fantastic!

Or how about vehicles and play sets this time Super7! A thunder tank would be so freakin awesome. Or maybe even a cats lair?

Quote Originally Posted by Timpopkid View Post
    I just hope they redo/remake the Mattel figures. I had them all, but sold them about a year ago when it looked like the line was dead and buried. Would be frustration to have to hunt those down again on eBay...
    I didn't even buy the Mattel figures because I was so disappointed with Lion-O and Pumyra I guessed they would more than likely mess the line up just like Ghostbusters.

I really want Rataro (it's debatable whether he counts as one of the Mutants), Willa, Mandora, and pretty much all of the LJN figures re-done in Classics style (but give me Turmagor the Tuska instead of a random Tuska Warrior, please).

And even though he was a one-episode wonder, imagine how awesome Mongor would look in Classics style.

Everyone wants different characters to be included but with only four waves in the works and the Rumored Lunataks from Sebastian, that doesn't leave much if we all truly want the Core Teams finished. Tygra, Cheetara, Snarf, Jaga, Lynxo, Bengali for the Cats.....Slythe, Monkian, Vulture- Man, Grune and Mumm-Ra The Everliving for Mutants. Rumored Lunataks... Amok with Luna, Redeye, Chilla, Aluro and Tugmug.

Not sure who else Super7 could do. I would think if the first four waves they have planned sell well they will continue with more waves.

A thunder tank would be so freakin awesome. Or maybe even a cats lair?
    Back when ThunderCats Classics was revealed by Mattel, I distinctly remember one of the Four Horsemen hinting strongly that a Thundertank was in the works. Let's hope that's still true. I'm sure a lot of it will depend on how well the line sells for Super7.

Everyone wants different characters to be included but with only four waves in the works and the Rumored Lunataks from Sebastian, that doesn't leave much if we all truly want the Core Teams finished. Tygra, Cheetara, Snarf, Jaga, Lynxo, Bengali for the Cats.....Slythe, Monkian, Vulture- Man, Grune and Mumm-Ra The Everliving for Mutants. Rumored Lunataks... Amok with Luna, Redeye, Chilla, Aluro and Tugmug.

Not sure who else Super7 could do. I would think if the first four waves they have planned sell well they will continue with more waves.
    I could honestly do without the Lunataks. I would much prefer some of the characters that had LJN toys.

Back when ThunderCats Classics was revealed by Mattel, I distinctly remember one of the Four Horsemen hinting strongly that a Thundertank was in the works. Let's hope that's still true. I'm sure a lot of it will depend on how well the line sells for Super7.
    Oh a proper thundertank for 7 inch figures would be so awesome

You're right. If they're only planning 4 sets of 4, that doesn't leave much wiggle room at all. Even throwing out re-releases like Lion-O, the line needs:
    1. Cheetara (let's assume Snarf is a pack-in)
    2. Tygra
    3. Jaga
    4. Lynx-O
    5. Bengali (let's assume Snarfer is a pack-in)
    6. Grune
    7. Mumm-Ra
    8. Monkian
    9. Slithe
    10. Luna / Amok (these two are pretty much guaranteed to be a two-pack of sorts)
    11. Chilla
    12. Red Eye
    13. Alluro
    14. Tug Mug
    15. Vultureman
    16. Rataro (?)

That's four waves of four, completing three teams, but leaving no room for re-releases, Berzerkers, or any other characters.

Quote Originally Posted by Mark M View Post
    I could honestly do without the Lunataks. I would much prefer some of the characters that had LJN toys.
    No one had a clue that Lunataks were planned but Sebastian said a little birdie told him they are

No one had a clue that Lunataks were planned but Sebastian said a little birdie told him they are
    I'm hoping that birdie is correct!!!

I hope the birdie was joking.

I hope the birdie was joking.
    I don't want to have to hurt you.