Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Is scorpias crush on catra inappropriate ?

Heroic Warrior
    Weird topic

Lots of people in their 30s have Relationships with 17..18 year olds.
    Or is this a tabu in America? You have to be 18 in America?
    Dunno

Quote Originally Posted by davelove81 View Post
    Is scorpias crush on catra inappropriate ?
    The only thing inappropriate about it is the way in which poor Scorpia is treated by Catra...
    We need the POWER of the GOOD and the WAY of the MAGIC !!!

**Staunch FILMation lover!!! **** Uber NEW ADVENTURES Fan!!!**
    Waiting for more William Stout characters!!!

I seen nothing really to suggest that Scorpia has any romantic intentions other than seeking friendship .

Court Magician
    Quote Originally Posted by uaxuctum View Post
    My point is that there are far greater objective reasons for there to be a taboo against interspecies relationships than against between two biologically sexually-mature individuals of the same species. And there is a strong taboo, in fact, against interspecies relationships (which is called the B-word), but it appears it only applies when there is also a difference in sapience and that people watching TV series and reading comics where anthropomorphic non-human sapient species appear, with an intelligence and behavior similar to that of humans, tend to perceive these as "people" (i.e., as if they were merely just humans in a kind of "animal cosplay"), rather than realizing that they are supposed to actually be a totally different biological species and that, if those were really real, interspecies attraction would be most likely subject to a stronger taboo than our modern Western taboo against the P-word.
    The difference lies entirely in sentience. Inter-species romance is common in genre fiction because of those species' ability to directly communicate their interests to each other; they are still people. That's obviously not the case in reality which is why it's generally agreed to very much not be okay.

However, if at some point we did encounter a sentient species we could mix with, I've no doubt some people would consider it taboo on principle - we've historically not been great at accepting relationships that are considered atypical.

So while I don't really think the fact that Catra and Scorpia are different species is particularly a stumbling block, I'm also kind of surprised (in a nice way, really) that it's not been mentioned by anyone else.
    "Showtunes and booze, kids - that's what keeps me happy."

Quote Originally Posted by Asher Tye View Post
    I'm having Michael Bay flashbacks.
    How so? i mean a 17 year old dating an 18 year old if they are both still in high school.
    "You killed Captain Clown, YOU KILLED CAPTAIN CLOWN"-Joker.

Quote Originally Posted by HarryCanyon View Post
    How so? i mean a 17 year old dating an 18 year old if they are both still in high school.
    I was making a reference to Transformers Age of Extinction's infamous scene explaining the Romeo and Juliet law. A poor joke on my part. My apologies.
    I am Imp's number one fan.

Quote Originally Posted by Asher Tye View Post
    I was making a reference to Transformers Age of Extinction's infamous scene explaining the Romeo and Juliet law. A poor joke on my part. My apologies.

Oh ok, i think i get the reference now.

There seems to be very few Scorpions and Cat folk on Etheria . These two need to breed with their own kind before they go extinct . They can rekindle their abusive relationship when they are too old to make babies .

Why does Hordak not have a scorpion warrior breeding program ? That is excellent soldier material . He has lived on Etheria for hundreds of years .
    If Scorpia is a princess of her kind imagine what a real scorpion warrior would be . Scorpia should be stuck in a horde fertility clinic and laying eggs 24/7
    Last edited by Lokus; January 28, 2020 at 02:01am.

Quote Originally Posted by Lokus View Post
    There seems to be very few Scorpions and Cat folk on Etheria . These two need to breed with their own kind before they go extinct . They can rekindle their abusive relationship when they are too old to make babies .

Why does Hordak not have a scorpion warrior breeding program ? That is excellent soldier material . He has lived on Etheria for hundreds of years .
    If Scorpia is a princess of her kind imagine what a real scorpion warrior would be . Scorpia should be stuck in a horde fertility clinic and laying eggs 24/7
    How do you feel if Gleedel from He-Man has an affair with one of Skeletor's kind when he was Keldor?