Page 12 of 13 FirstFirst ... 210111213 LastLast

Thread: 'He-Man and the Masters of the Multiverse' 6-Issue Limited Series from DC Comics!

Heroic Warrior
    Skipping Eternity War and recent comic cross-over continuities does make sense to focus on He-Man eras that haven't gotten their time to shine in comics (not counting Classics mini comics). As a hardcore Eternity War fan I'm disappointed but I get it. Still hoping for that cameo panel in the last issue...

I've been seeing a lot of videos about " pencils down " and the comic industry being finished , will this affect a physical copy of issue 6 or do you think the issue would have been finalised already ? I'm not sure how far in advance comics are finished before they're published . I know it's not the biggest issue during this pandemic but it just occurred to me then .

Sent from my moto g(6) play using Tapatalk

It was probably nearly done by the time comic production was halted. Some comics run a lot closer to the wire deadline-wise than others, though, so short of someone involved telling us, there's no way for us to know for certain. Either way, we'll be waiting at least a bit longer to get it because of the pandemic-induced delays in releases. I'm really wondering how the publishers will go about resuming releases after things normalize; will they "catch up" by releasing stuff that's already in the can on an accelerated schedule, or simply proceed at the normal release rate, and just be working further ahead than usual? Of course, that also assumes that the creative teams are continuing to work at their normal rate, which likely varies from series to series.

I pre-ordered the trade paperback (July release), but given the state of things who knows if even that will get produced and released in physical form. I don't expect the April issue to come out when it's supposed to (are comic stores in any state actually still open right now?), but it would be a nice surprise to see it turn up in digital form... but for the most part with stuff like this I'm kind of like "yeah, this isn't going to happen any time soon and that's fine."

The thing is, right now nobody knows whatís going to happening. The comics industry wasnít on great legs to begin with, and the COVID fallout is hitting it pretty hard. Thereís lots of speculation, but no one knows how things are going to play out. At the very least, books will be late. Diamond Distributors isnít even shipping new books to stores. And most publishers are curtailing their output.

Hopefully, this situation gets better sooner rather than later, and thereís some semblance of the comic industry to move forward.

And consumers have jobs and money to spend.

Heroic Warrior
    Reach out to Tim Seeley on Twitter on the 15th if there is no clear indication by then.

Heroic Warrior
    https://twitter.com/PlanetEternia/st...88414426554368

Unfortunately it appears issue #6 is delayed indefinitely both physical and digital. I have yet to be charged by Comixology and I usually get notice a week before the issue comes out. Says TBD on the next issue in my Comixology subscription settings.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by BooperScoop View Post
    Idk, as silly as this is, comics are more or less what's kept me alive despite my depression and suicidal tendencies. The release schedule gives me something to look forward to. But comics are dying. They probably won't make it past this decade. Idk, it's dumb, but I can't help but wonder if I'm going to even make it past this decade. There have been plenty of times when the only thing keeping me afloat is waiting for a comic. They're something to look forward to, y'know. A small bit of enjoyment that keeps you from sinking too deep. It's stupid, but I'm scared.
    Stay strong! 💪 We're all here if you need to talk. By the way your Private Message box is full.

Heroic Warrior Lazer Force Zodac's Avatar
    so i finally read the 5 issues so far, this week & i'm disappointed. it was fun visiting each cartoon & the minicomics, but somehow he-man doesn't defeat anti-he-man? instead of finding some way to merge them all into 1 he-man or a team of he-mans, keldor is going to defeat anti-he-man? what a terrible idea.

DC released a release schedule for print books through May 12. Masters of the Multiverse isnít on it. So, weíve got a bit of a wait still.

I bet the final issue won't see a release and we'll just have to get it in the trade paperback down the road at some point.

2002/DC He-Man Video guy
    Quote Originally Posted by jeffcope View Post
    DC released a release schedule for print books through May 12. Masters of the Multiverse isnít on it. So, weíve got a bit of a wait still.
    He-Man title has never been a top priority for DC, based on how the preview pages come sometimes maybe 1 day before its published (while the big guns Superman, Batman are more regular in cover solicitations, previews atleast a week ahead, etc.)
    He-Man & She-Ra fan, writer to official Dark Horse MOTU/POP books

ToonJukka - Youtube Channel with He-Man/She-Ra videos; Origins, Trivia, Top5 lists and more!

Quote Originally Posted by Jukka View Post
    He-Man title has never been a top priority for DC, based on how the preview pages come sometimes maybe 1 day before its published (while the big guns Superman, Batman are more regular in cover solicitations, previews atleast a week ahead, etc.)
    Oh, I didnít say I was surprised. Just didnít want folks expecting it any time soon.

I donít think theyíd not release the final issue at all, and just go straight to the trade. That would be a pretty terrible move for customers who already bought the first 5 issues. If the book hasnít already been printed Iíd expect a very minimal print run, though.

Heroic Warrior
    Quote Originally Posted by Lazer Force Zodac View Post
    so i finally read the 5 issues so far, this week & i'm disappointed. it was fun visiting each cartoon & the minicomics, but somehow he-man doesn't defeat anti-he-man? instead of finding some way to merge them all into 1 he-man or a team of he-mans, keldor is going to defeat anti-he-man? what a terrible idea.
    Anti-Keldor basically is the "He-Man" of his world, so his purpose, his destiny is to face the ultimate evil of his reality. Yet we don't know if he will be him, that he will defeat Anti-Eternia He-Man.

Amazon just sent me an email informing that the release date for the trade paperback pre-order has been pushed back to September 1st. (It was originally set for mid-July).

Heroic Warrior
    Quote Originally Posted by zodak74 View Post
    Amazon just sent me an email informing that the release date for the trade paperback pre-order has been pushed back to September 1st. (It was originally set for mid-July).
    Makes sense. It seems like the final issue will be released in June or July as DC slowly starts releasing their books again.

Heroic Warrior
    Quote Originally Posted by He-Metayer View Post
    Makes sense. It seems like the final issue will be released in June or July as DC slowly starts releasing their books again.
    He-Man and the Masters of the Multiverse #6 will be released on May 26th.
    Last edited by granamyr80; April 21, 2020 at 03:30pm.

Thanks for the update!

Heroic Warrior
    Quote Originally Posted by zodak74 View Post
    Thanks for the update!

No problem. Here is the link!

https://bleedingcool.com/comics/reta...dc-comics-ucs/

Heroic Warrior
    Quote Originally Posted by granamyr80 View Post
    He-Man and the Masters of the Multiverse #6 will be released on May 26th.
    Cool, thanks for the update!

Quote Originally Posted by granamyr80 View Post
    Great, thanks for the source!
    News editor on PlanetEternia.de, the No. 1 German Masters of the Universe website
    Part of "Das HE-MANische Quartett", the No. 1 German Masters of the Universe podcast

Quote Originally Posted by melkor23 View Post
    Great, thanks for the source!
    So where can I order the comic to get it mailed to me

Quote Originally Posted by facet View Post
    So where can I order the comic to get it mailed to me
    Thereís a variety of online comic retailers like https://www.dcbservice.com/ although Iíve not used them for a single issue, but you can try.

Also, many local comic shops are doing mail order during the COVID-19 times. Call around your local area.

Keep in mind issue 6 hasnít been solicited yet, so no one can order it yet until it is.

Quote Originally Posted by jeffcope View Post
    Thereís a variety of online comic retailers like https://www.dcbservice.com/ although Iíve not used them for a single issue, but you can try.

Also, many local comic shops are doing mail order during the COVID-19 times. Call around your local area.

Keep in mind issue 6 hasnít been solicited yet, so no one can order it yet until it is.
    Gotcha thanks but isnt it due out may 26, so i figure you can order it that way

Heroic Warrior
    Preview of He-Man and the Masters of the Multiverse #6, final issue of the mini series is here by Graphic Policy!

Link:
    https://graphicpolicy.com/2020/05/23...iverse-6-of-6/

- Anti-Eternia He-Man by saying "let the Power Return", he unleashes all the Spirits of Grayskull, that he collected through the Multiverse and corrupted.

- Keldor with the one half of the Original Power Sword, he has to fight against the Anti-versions of the Masters, and against his own dark side.

- Also it was revealed that the loss of the Anti-Eternia's Sorceress, was the key for the sinister turn that this world took. The Sorceress's presence is essential at every Eternia in the Multiverse.

So excited to see how this series ends! On sale this Wednesday!
    Last edited by granamyr80; May 23, 2020 at 08:29am.

Loving it...

I can't wait for the He-Men end end this blasphemous reality of Anti-Eternia.

Hoping for an epic showdown, I hope Filmation He-Man pureness will be a major factor.

Sent from my vivo 1718 using Tapatalk
    Last edited by motogp_fanatic; May 23, 2020 at 10:25am.
    By the power of Grayskull!!!!