Page 6 of 6 FirstFirst ... 456

Thread: 'He-Man and the Masters of the Multiverse' 6-Issue Limited Series from DC Comics!

2002/DC He-Man Video guy
    Quote Originally Posted by Sir Reilly View Post
    Can't wait to read the first issue. I'm sure this will be another great ride.
    And they do your favorite thing; crumble Grayskull!
    He-Man & She-Ra fan, writer to official Dark Horse MOTU/POP books

· ToonJukka - Youtube Channel with He-Man/She-Ra videos; Origins, Trivia, Top5 lists and more!

Really excited to read this. But since I’m waiting for the trade, I’ve still got at least 6 months to go!

Heroic Warrior
    I'm guessing the recoloring of Anti He-Man to more white-ish was done in an effort to make him easier to pop out in various panels throughout the series...? I'm sure one of the creatives would comment on this in Twitter if asked. I get why people want a more darkened look to the original but I could this being a necessary coloring situation. I'm sure any colorists could chime in as well on this.

Quote Originally Posted by Kesmai View Post
    I'm guessing the recoloring of Anti He-Man to more white-ish was done in an effort to make him easier to pop out in various panels throughout the series...? I'm sure one of the creatives would comment on this in Twitter if asked. I get why people want a more darkened look to the original but I could this being a necessary coloring situation. I'm sure any colorists could chime in as well on this.
    I imagine it has to be on purpose, where the black tones are supposed to do the work for the character's color values. But, since other parts of him are colored, it looks strange to me. He comes across as white or a light gray rather than having black skin. I would have rendered out the white with dark grays so you can tell his skin is supposed to be black, but that's just me.
    But as a whole, I think the colors are fun, and I love seeing Matt Yackey rendering the comic!
    Hope to see you at Power-Con 2020!
    JVS3 = Val Staples = Power-Con, Event Director | He-Man.Org, Owner | Guy who has been fortunate to work on a LOT of MOTU & POP projects
    Please check out my Facebook page

Heroic Warrior
    Interview of He-Man and the Masters of the Multiverse's creative team, Tim Seeley, Dan Fraga and Richard Friend by Comic Book Resources!

https://www.cbr.com/seeley-fraga-fri...rs-multiverse/

Alongside to 200X's King Hiss, Hordak is also confirmed to appear.

- - - Updated - - -

And here is another interview of the creative team my Newsarama!

https://www.newsarama.com/47936-mult...se-series.html

Tim Seeley confirmed that the MOTUverse from the Star Comics, was the one in the small panelfromf the first preview.

Heroic Warrior
    I read the first issue. Great stuff! I hope Seeley gets to write an ongoing MOTU series someday!

Heroic Warrior
    I was surprised to find they had 8-10 variant covers and only two regular covers left when I pick this up today.

Quote Originally Posted by j-manbp View Post
    I was surprised to find they had 8-10 variant covers and only two regular covers left when I pick this up today.
    The reverse happened to me. The comic book guy was kind enough to hold it for me.

Widget
    i read issue 1 last night. i like the concept but wasn't blown away by the artwork. look forward to seeing where the story goes.

Quote Originally Posted by dan1980 View Post
    i read issue 1 last night. i like the concept but wasn't blown away by the artwork. look forward to seeing where the story goes.
    Mine is still reserved, I knew the story will reel me in for sure but from the preview I think the art is the weakess link here, nonetheless I will get this limited series, variant covers and all.

my local comic shop says only 2 variant covers? Surprised to read 8 to 10 variant.

Sent from my vivo 1718 using Tapatalk
    By the power of Grayskull!!!!

I read the first issue last night and thought it was a fun ride! I'm a sucker for multiverse stories and loved the Spider-Verse comics (definitely more than the movie), so this one's right up my alley. Plus, there's a heroic Anti-Eternia version of Trap Jaw briefly shown that I totally want a custom figure of now! I didn't know who the "Tappers of Grayskull" were until I read this thread and looked up the video game and yeah, this version of He-Man is obviously their answer to Spider-Ham. Hopefully he won't take up too much of the story, as I don't feel such a comedic character works for this like Peter Porker worked in the Spider-Verse comics. Good art, good story and the last page really left me itching for more! If you're MOTU fan looking for a fun story, I totally recommend picking this up at your local comic shop! Now, where's my custom Anti-Eternia Trap Jaw?!

Nothing really special here , the plot is unispiring and silly at times, hope it will sell enough anyway.
    What I liked the most instead was all the different types of He-Men interacting each other and being presented one page after another, I think that was very cool and wow, Hoove making appereance! The Starship Trooper and the astrosub too, my gosh, the astrosub , I want that in origins, motuc, hot wheels, whatever could be
    "The Most Powerful Man in the Universe..."
    "Where Hope seems Lost..."
    "Good Journey!"
    "I was summoned on the future..."
    "A Hero shall emerge to protect Eternia..."
    "A Hero will Rise..."
    "The Power of Grayskull Awakens......"
    "Let the Power Returns....!"

Quote Originally Posted by grenadaspice View Post
    Honestly, I've never been a fan of the whole Multiverse concept in vomics. I might be one of the few people who doesn't like Into the Spiderverse animated movie because of the whole concept. It's almost as bad as time travel. With that said, In a He-Man fan, hence being on this website, so I do look forward to some new He-Man literature
    Great Scott! You don't like time travel movies? Surely BTTF is excluded from this, right? And set apart from the Multiverse concept, did you at least like the comic-drawn aspects of the animation in the Spiderverse film? i thought it was fantastic and brilliant – all around.

Heroic Warrior
    Quote Originally Posted by motogp_fanatic View Post
    Mine is still reserved, I knew the story will reel me in for sure but from the preview I think the art is the weakess link here, nonetheless I will get this limited series, variant covers and all.

my local comic shop says only 2 variant covers? Surprised to read 8 to 10 variant.

I was saying there were 8-10 copies of the variant cover and only 2 of the regular cover.

I was saying there were 8-10 copies of the variant cover and only 2 of the regular cover.
    oh i see.. thanks for clarifying.

By the power of Grayskull!!!!

So in this red beastman is really anti eternia beastman

Quote Originally Posted by facet View Post
    So in this red beastman is really anti eternia beastman
    It's a multiverse story. We see one Red Beast who's in the Anti-Eternia cast of characters, but that doesn't mean he's the only Red Beast in the multiverse. Another one could be in the Alcala mini-comic cast of characters, separate but similar-looking to this first Red Beast.
    A critical cricket is a cricketal critic.