Page 5 of 6 FirstFirst ... 3456 LastLast

Thread: 'He-Man and the Masters of the Multiverse' 6-Issue Limited Series from DC Comics!

That PlanetEternia.de guy Sir Reilly's Avatar
    I'm not the biggest fan of the art and how Anti He-Man is colored. But I'm looking forward to the series nonetheless. Looks like it's gonna be another good ride!

And really cool that they used Simon Eckert's design for Hell-Grayskull aka Castle Hellskull !

"Why's Dragstor riding on Night Stalker?" "Cause he can."

Heroic Warrior
    I noticed that each issue features one particular MOTU era, and a particular group of villains. So far have been revealed the Space Mutants with NA Skeletor, Crita ect, and next 200X King Hiss with the Snake Men. My guess for the other 3 issues is that we will have the DCnew52 with Hordak and the Horde as the main antagonists, then the original mini comic version with Alcala Skeletor, and the final issue will deal with the Filmationverse.

I like the designs from the Sideshow statues, they look awesome. The Dolph He-man sure is packing, though! But he looks great regardless.
    "Everything comes to he who waits."

Quote Originally Posted by davelove81 View Post
    Pleasantly surprised that " tappers of grayskull " he man is in here too , didn't expect that !!

Sent from my moto g(6) play using Tapatalk

I'm actually having the exact opposite reaction, I thought this was supposed to be an epic high stakes battle to save the MOTU Multiverse. Seeing a mini bobble head He-Man dressed as the Easter Bunny launching some sort of egg attack really kills the tone for me, especially in the context of the previous three pages. To each his own I suppose I've just never been a fan of Spider-Ham or other similarly wacky toon characters interacting with the main continuity in comic books.

I know, I know, I'm taking my fantasy/sci-fi picture book too seriously, but I think this just might not be for me.

Quote Originally Posted by granamyr80 View Post
    I noticed that each issue features one particular MOTU era, and a particular group of villains. So far have been revealed the Space Mutants with NA Skeletor, Crita ect, and next 200X King Hiss with the Snake Men. My guess for the other 3 issues is that we will have the DCnew52 with Hordak and the Horde as the main antagonists, then the original mini comic version with Alcala Skeletor, and the final issue will deal with the Filmationverse.
    Really excited for this...The story arc idea is a very first for MOTU.

Sent from my vivo 1718 using Tapatalk
    By the power of Grayskull!!!!

Heroic Warrior
    Quote Originally Posted by Tyger View Post
    I'm actually having the exact opposite reaction, I thought this was supposed to be an epic high stakes battle to save the MOTU Multiverse. Seeing a mini bobble head He-Man dressed as the Easter Bunny launching some sort of egg attack really kills the tone for me, especially in the context of the previous three pages. To each his own I suppose I've just never been a fan of Spider-Ham or other similarly wacky toon characters interacting with the main continuity in comic books.

I know, I know, I'm taking my fantasy/sci-fi picture book too seriously, but I think this just might not be for me.
    I agree that the tappers of grayskull don’t work for me in the comic. I prey we don’t see mo-larr but it isn’t looking good.

Side note, I was fine with spider-ham in the original spider verse comic, but he wasn’t that good in the movie version.
    Last edited by Powersword123; October 23, 2019 at 10:21pm.

Heroic Warrior
    Quote Originally Posted by motogp_fanatic View Post
    Really excited for this...The story arc idea is a very first for MOTU.

Honestly this is exactly what I thought when Toy-guru started in with the whole He-men through the ages... It actually makes things like King Grayskull and NA He-man a lot more palatable for me. I've had my NA, Classic, King He-man, King Grayskull and even a custom Blackstar all standing together with their swords pointed together in a Thor Corps/ He-men of the multiverse coming together through portals for a big threat.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Tyger View Post
    Agreed. I liked Spider-ham just fine back in the 80's... but man, I just dont' remember him (or that whole world) being such a slapstick annoying mess that they present him now. He was lean, his mask was tighter... now?? They've doubled down on the silly porky pig rip off and... it's not for me. Tappers really had no place here... what's next? The Atari 2600 game version?

Quote Originally Posted by phantom1592 View Post

Agreed. I liked Spider-ham just fine back in the 80's... but man, I just dont' remember him (or that whole world) being such a slapstick annoying mess that they present him now. He was lean, his mask was tighter... now?? They've doubled down on the silly porky pig rip off and... it's not for me. Tappers really had no place here... what's next? The Atari 2600 game version?
    Agree on the Spider Ham, he's way to different now, he's porky pig in Spider-Man costume now...

Atari 2600 version? Well it is not impossible since you gave them the idea.

Chilingo he man will probably just be the "orko" of this particular story . I like his inclusion anyway , it's good to have a bit of levity , I'm sure the story itself will be adult enough to compensate .

Sent from my moto g(6) play using Tapatalk

Coincidentally picked this up, good to brush up with this version of He-Man before getting my hands on the He-Man Masters of the Multiverse series... Admittedly this is not my favorite depiction of MOTU but this is an interesting take on it.

I'm really not feeling the art, but still looking forward to this. I kind of wish they'd had a different artist handle each chapter, giving each version of Eternia its own look and feel. I also think that AE He-Man's skin should be highlighted in gray, not white. The white highlights don't lend him the right look. Or better yet, he should have no highlights at all, and just be a huge shadow, with only those burning red eyes and his armor visible.

Hexcellent Horror Hostess

'He-Man and the Masters of the Multiverse' 6-Issue Limited Series from DC Comics!

The montage scene on pg. 7 where we see Prince Adam and Teela sparring - is that a cameo by Adam & Teela from the Marvel Star comics? The designs are not 100% exact, but the colors remind me of Star comics. If so, it’s kinda cool that they slipped the Marvel version into a DC comic.
    Last edited by Penny Dreadful; October 27, 2019 at 10:58pm.
    PENNY DREADFUL'S SHILLING SHOCKERS
    Weekly hosted horror, sci-fi, suspense, and fantasy films!
    On television scare-waves throughout Haunted New England

OFFICIAL WEBSITE
    http://www.shillingshockers.com

Heroic Warrior
    Quote Originally Posted by Penny Dreadful View Post
    The montage scene on pg. 7 where we see Prince Adam and Teela sparring - is that a cameo by Adam & Teela from the Marvel Star comics? The designs are not 100% exact, but the colors remind me of Star comics. If so, it’s kinda cool that they slipped the Marvel version into a DC comic.
    You are right. These colours are from the Star/Marvel comics. Strange that they used these, in a DC published comic series. On the other hand DC already used Lt. Andra who appeared only to the Marvel MOTU comics, during the previous crossover with the Injustice Universe.

As a Star Comics fan I fully support this! ��

Heroic Warrior
    Hmm, since MOTU comics are licensed by Mattel, maybe they retain rights to all characters, no matter who publishes them?

That seems likely, as there's definitely been a precedent for that sort of thing with other licenses. Like how Dark Horse was able to publish reprints of Marvel's Conan comics, and now that Marvel has the license again, they're publishing reprints of DH's Conan comics.

Quote Originally Posted by Drunken Fist View Post
    That seems likely, as there's definitely been a precedent for that sort of thing with other licenses. Like how Dark Horse was able to publish reprints of Marvel's Conan comics, and now that Marvel has the license again, they're publishing reprints of DH's Conan comics.
    That's enlightening..

Just putting this out here.
    Well as far as we know, how many version of He-Man/ Reality of He-Man are confirmed?

Dolph He-Man: movie
    200x He-Man: TV
    SS He-Man: statue
    AE He-Man: audio book
    NA He-Man: TV
    Eternity He-Man: comics
    Mini Comics He-Man(Alcala?): comics
    Star Comics He-Man: comics
    Filmation He-Man: TV
    Vintage Toy He-Man: toy
    Tappers He-Man: games

Last edited by motogp_fanatic; November 2, 2019 at 02:07am.

Widget
    Last edited by VARTOCO; November 13, 2019 at 11:49am.

DC Comics artist Dan Fraga has posted a picture on Facebook of himself holding copies of the new He-Man and the Masters of the Multiverse series. The series will debut Wednesday. November 20th.

Click here see Dan's post.

Heroic Warrior
    Solicitation and cover of He-Man and the Masters of the Universe #4 on sale 19/02/2020!

Link:
    https://www.newsarama.com/47882-dc-c...citations.html

HE-MAN AND THE MASTERS OF THE MULTIVERSE #4
    written by TIM SEELEY
    art by DAN FRAGA and RICHARD FRIEND
    cover by INHYUK LEE
    Keldor travels to the Eternia of the 1980s Filmation cartoon series! Still reeling from a tragic loss last issue, Keldor and He-Man must find the legendary Star Seed—the last power in the universe able to destroy Anti-He-Man before he claims another Castle Grayskull!
    ON SALE 02.19.20
    $3.99 US | 4 OF 6 | 32 PAGE

The series's protagonists are heading to the Filmation MOTUverse! So the final two issues will be the original mini comics, and the DCNew52 versions of Eternia!
    Last edited by granamyr80; November 15, 2019 at 01:41pm.

to the Filmation 80s?
    This will be a fun read after all, awesome
    "The Most Powerful Man in the Universe..."
    "Where Hope seems Lost..."
    "Good Journey!"
    "I was summoned on the future..."
    "A Hero shall emerge to protect Eternia..."
    "A Hero will Rise..."
    "The Power of Grayskull Awakens......"
    "Let the Power Returns....!"

Bleeding Cool has put together a preview of issue #1 of the new He-Man And The Masters Of The Multiverse series from DC Comics, as well as a bit of backstory behind the principle villain of the story, Anti-Eternia He-Man.

The article includes a transcript from the original German audio story that Anti-Eternia comes from, along with pictures of the Masters of the Universe Classics Anti-Eternia He-Man figure. Issue #1 of the comic debuts Wednesday, November 20.

Click here to read the story.

Heroic Warrior
    The Venom symbiote is bonding with He-Man

- - - Updated - - -

Prince Keldor looks more to be a young Adam's age in the preview... I wonder if this Anti He-Man is indeed an evil Adam or some other vessel

Heroic Warrior
    Lettered Preview of He-Man and the Masters of the Multiverse #1 that will be available for sale tomorrow! By SyFyWire:

https://www.syfy.com/syfywire/he-man...erse-dc-mattel

And a small interview of Tim Seeley from the same site:

"I'm really digging into my nostalgia for this one, picking out what made me fall in love with the original toys and mini-comics, then, the cartoon and the movie," Seeley tells SYFY WIRE. "I think the strength of the Masters of the Universe brand is in the characters, and He-Man and Skeletor are just great characters. He-Man in particular is so awesomely consistent in his goodness, that I can always fall back on that when the iteration is different."

He adds, "I think the mashup of different He-Men is pretty cool and there's a lot of fun to be had in seeing the various worlds of these characters through different filters," he notes. "I don't know that I darkened anything up really — I took the existing concept of Anti-Eternia and ran with it, showing how the world came to be and really delving into the horrors of an evil He-Man."

For Seeley, the most fun element about playing in this series' nostalgic universe is the unlimited scope of the worlds.

"Anything goes, from magic swords to laser guns, and every crazily named character in between," he explains. "I'm trying to be sure to throw in a lot of fan favorites here, and we aren't leaving anything of the table."
    Last edited by granamyr80; November 19, 2019 at 05:52am.

That PlanetEternia.de guy Sir Reilly's Avatar
    Can't wait to read the first issue. I'm sure this will be another great ride.
    "Why's Dragstor riding on Night Stalker?" "Cause he can."