Page 14 of 15 FirstFirst ... 412131415 LastLast

Thread: 'He-Man and the Masters of the Multiverse' 6-Issue Limited Series from DC Comics!

Heroic Warrior
    Quote Originally Posted by heavy-eternium View Post
    Thanks Jukka ,amanzing.

It's great that Motu has kept comics series over the years with no major media behind such as movies or TV series.

The site just sells digital copies
    Thank you. I'm looking to finish the series in physical. I'll call my shop tomorrow see if it's open back up or not. Hope it didn't sell out last issue there was only one left on day of sale. Found that to be pretty crazy. I'll look on Google see if there's any online comic shops that sell pysical copies incase my shop is still closed or sold out.

Sent from my SPH-L720T using Tapatalk

Heroic Warrior Lazer Force Zodac's Avatar
    why would they re-use the name platino when it belong to fuerza-t?
    PoP Figures have to be based on the Vintage toys! This is NOT Filmation's Masters Of The Universe Classics MySpace Custom Blog

2002/DC He-Man Video guy
    Quote Originally Posted by Durendal View Post
    Aside from the mini-comics, are all the rest of those issues available as paperback collections?
    The modern DC Comics have gotten Trade Paperback collections yes.

As well as one giant Omnibus in 2019 February.
    He-Man & She-Ra fan, writer to official Dark Horse MOTU/POP books

ToonJukka - Youtube Channel with He-Man/She-Ra videos; Origins, Trivia, Top5 lists and more!

Sorry if this is a dumb question, but is this issue out in print yet? My local comic boom store just told me it won't be released for two more weeks.
    Check out my on-going project: THE UNOFFICIAL MASTERS OF THE UNIVERSE CLASSICS COMPLETE COLLECTION GUIDE
    Featuring photos, bios, accessories, release dates, and trivia for every figure, beast, vehicle and playset released in Masters of the Universe Classics!

Quote Originally Posted by Jukka View Post

TOTAL = 81 issues
    Wrong. I have all of them and there are 75 comics
    Lord Hordak

Quote Originally Posted by Lord Hordak View Post
    Are you sure, sir?
    I never encountered @Jukka being wrong in a simple fact such as the comics count.

Sent from my vivo 1718 using Tapatalk
    By the power of Grayskull!!!!

2002/DC He-Man Video guy
    Quote Originally Posted by Lord Hordak View Post

Which ones you are counting? I showed my work when I was calculating them. Not saying I'm right. Only human here.

But which comics are you adding up to get that number?

Are you sure, sir?
    I never encountered @Jukka being wrong in a simple fact such as the comics count.
    I might be. LOL

Let's try again.

➧ Digitals - 8
    ➧ Origins - 3
    ➧ Volume 1 story arc - 6
    ➧ Volume 2 story arc - 6
    ➧ Volume 3 story arc - 6
    ➧ DC Universe crossover - 6
    ➧ Volume 4 story arc - 6
    ➧ Volume 5 story arc - 6 + 1 (prelude)
    ➧ Eternity War story arc - 15

➧ He-Man / Thundercats crossover - 6
    ➧ He-Man vs Injustice crossover - 6

➧ He-Man and the Multiverse - 6

8+3+6+6+6+6+6+7+15+6+6+6= 81 still.
    Unless I really am missing some released storyline from DC Comics (2012-2020)

ToonJukka - Youtube Channel with He-Man/She-Ra videos; Origins, Trivia, Top5 lists and more!

From a story and readability perspective, this final issue is confusing and underwhelming. Art very nice, great opportunity to feature various interpretations of our characters plus introduce other new characters, but good luck to anyone who isn't already deeply into the MOTU mythos. Must be a complete mind-bender for the casual reader.
    Grayskull needs its Cardboard Spacesuit MOTUCized

Voice your support in the Cardboard Spacesuit/Robot thread:
    http://www.he-man.org/forums/boards/...d.php?t=189199

Quote Originally Posted by Swanmarsh View Post
    From a story and readability perspective, this final issue is confusing and underwhelming. Art very nice, great opportunity to feature various interpretations of our characters plus introduce other new characters, but good luck to anyone who isn't already deeply into the MOTU mythos. Must be a complete mind-bender for the casual reader.
    Well, I can say the same complete mind bender experience to casual reader if they read DC Kingdom Come and Marvel Spider-Verse. I hope the interest of casual readers is piqued by the story rather than alienate them from the mythos.

Last edited by motogp_fanatic; May 30, 2020 at 10:50pm.

I guess I donít know any better since I am deeply into the MOTU Mythos and canít really approach the book without that, but I did have a really confusing moment. In the beginning, Keldor is in the throne room of the royal palace. The power sword guides him to the nexus of all realities at the heart of Grayskull... but in the book it looks like he never leaves the royal palace. Itís like they kinda confused the two locations. It does not seem like it would be a quirk of anti-Eternia. But, whatever. It didnít impact my enjoyment of the story. I got over it pretty quickly.

Quote Originally Posted by hadley View Post
    I guess I donít know any better since I am deeply into the MOTU Mythos and canít really approach the book without that, but I did have a really confusing moment. In the beginning, Keldor is in the throne room of the royal palace. The power sword guides him to the nexus of all realities at the heart of Grayskull... but in the book it looks like he never leaves the royal palace. Itís like they kinda confused the two locations. It does not seem like it would be a quirk of anti-Eternia. But, whatever. It didnít impact my enjoyment of the story. I got over it pretty quickly.
    Isn't it that Hellskull is now the royal palace of AE He-Man?

Quote Originally Posted by motogp_fanatic View Post
    Well, I can say the same complete mind bender experience to casual reader if they read DC Kingdom Come and Marvel Spider-Verse. I hope the interest of casual readers is piqued by the story rather than alienate them from the mythos.

Maybe it's me. KINGDOM come was a walk in the park comparatively. It seems DC is thriving on incomprehensible storylines these days where you walk away saying I kinda know what happened in a big picture sense, but don't ask me to explain the logic of all that happened. Take the current run of Justice League and the Dark Knights Metals stuff. I feel these and the MOTMultiverse #6 would have benefited from less words, less complexity and an emphasis on simpliticy.

Perhaps as I get older I can't take my comics more complex than the vintage mini-comics or the post-Crisis decade of DC. *shrug*

Quote Originally Posted by Lazer Force Zodac View Post
    why would they re-use the name platino when it belong to fuerza-t?
    I was wondering that
    MOTUC Most Wanted: Kayo, Vizar, Hoove, Lizorr

UK MOTU Fan Club Members - Add You Member Name to this Thread

Wanted:
    Trade my Red Stone He-Ro Staff for a Green one

Maybe it's me. KINGDOM come was a walk in the park comparatively. It seems DC is thriving on incomprehensible storylines these days where you walk away saying I kinda know what happened in a big picture sense, but don't ask me to explain the logic of all that happened. Take the current run of Justice League and the Dark Knights Metals stuff. I feel these and the MOTMultiverse #6 would have benefited from less words, less complexity and an emphasis on simpliticy.

Perhaps as I get older I can't take my comics more complex than the vintage mini-comics or the post-Crisis decade of DC. *shrug*
    You're not alone. More often than not anymore, if I do invest in a six-issue run of a series, I'm left confused more than once about what just happened. Sometimes I wonder if it's Star Wars syndrome, where issues are being written without the full six-issue arc being fully fleshed out in advance.

And often, the art isn't helping. It's not a rare occurrence where I end up sitting and studying a panel trying to figure out what the heck is being portrayed.
    Check out my on-going project: THE UNOFFICIAL MASTERS OF THE UNIVERSE CLASSICS COMPLETE COLLECTION GUIDE
    Featuring photos, bios, accessories, release dates, and trivia for every figure, beast, vehicle and playset released in Masters of the Universe Classics!

Heroic Warrior
    I just finished issue 6, and I'm disappointed. This started out amazing, but it ended just being a bunch of lame fan service. Like, don't get me wrong, the fan service is cool, but I'm just having flashbacks to Shazam He-Man. Like, Keldor really didn't need to become He-Man. It just felt like dumb fan service, exactly like Shazam He-Man from the Injustice comic. Also, God-Anti-Eternia-He-Man was cool, but unnecessary and frankly kinda confusing.

Idk, I can't imagine how weirded out the casual reader must be. I mean, I'm a big MOTU fan, but I couldn't make heads nor tails of half this stuff. I mean, I want toys off all of it, but I still don't get it.

Quote Originally Posted by BooperScoop View Post
    Idk, I can't imagine how weirded out the casual reader must be. I mean, I'm a big MOTU fan, but I couldn't make heads nor tails of half this stuff. I mean, I want toys off all of it, but I still don't get it.
    I highly doubt thereís casual readers picking this book up.

Quote Originally Posted by jeffcope View Post
    I highly doubt thereís casual readers picking this book up.
    Especially on the final issue.

'He-Man and the Masters of the Multiverse' 6-Issue Limited Series from DC Comics!

I for one love fan service (in this context, not in the manga t&a sense). Iím a fan, and with MOTU being treated like a joke at best and like trash at worst most of the time, I found comfort and warmth in being shamelessly pandered to. Deepish cuts and semi-obscure references make me all giddy inside. I donít think (but I donít know) not knowing all the references would make much difference in understanding the book.

He-Kel looked pretty goofy though, Iíll give ya that. I think absolutely Keldor needed to become He-Man, though. Itís all summed up by Duncan. Itís this version of Keldorís whole personality wrapped up in a bow. Heís a failure and a goof because he fears responsibility (not so coincidentally, thatís how people see Adam in the universes we are familiar with). Once he started his trip through the multiverse, he thought it was because he subconsciously feared craving power and becoming Skeletor. Once he heard Duncanís wise words, which were not available to him in his own reality (a He-Man needs a Duncan), he realized that it was his duty to use power responsibly.
    Last edited by hadley; June 3, 2020 at 01:14pm.

Perhaps Hadley, DC shoulda had you narrate the final issue

Heroic Warrior Lazer Force Zodac's Avatar

spoilers

i hate the anti-keldor turned into he-kel (is that his official name?). he should have turned into an anti-skeletor or anti-keldor. it would have been a more hopeful message that someone like skeletor could be could, everyone can be redeemed on their own, instead he turned into another he-man. so anti-keldor couldn't be good by himself. it was just bad.

i wish someone would translate that german audio play so we could know more about anti-eternia
    PoP Figures have to be based on the Vintage toys! This is NOT Filmation's Masters Of The Universe Classics MySpace Custom Blog

Heroic Warrior
    i hate the anti-keldor turned into he-kel (is that his official name?). he should have turned into an anti-skeletor or anti-keldor. it would have been a more hopeful message that someone like skeletor could be could, everyone can be redeemed on their own, instead he turned into another he-man. so anti-keldor couldn't be good by himself. it was just bad.

i wish someone would translate that german audio play so we could know more about anti-eternia
    As far as I am aware it has been translated
    Collecting - audio - Europa Germany - 11 anti eternia
    Hope that helps

Evil Lord of the Deadlift Larry Waters's Avatar
    This was a terrible story. It started out with such great promise, and promptly flushed itself down the toilet. It only got worse with each ensuing issue and the finish was as underwhelming as the previous five issues. The art was less thank lackluster (and with that statement, I just insulted lackluster art), the story was uninspired, and the scripting was juvenile.

Are we ever going to get great MOTU comic fiction, ever???

Iím SO thankful that I still have physical copies of the 200X/MVC issues, because if it werenít for that, there would be very little to read of any real quality.
    Successful trades/purchases
    Squishy Duck Man, Man-E-Toys, JOAH-MAN, Jawbridge, Zuff-Man, Mern-Ra, He-Ryno, tattoojunkie74, zodak74, bigassbuzz

Quote Originally Posted by Larry Waters View Post

Are we ever going to get great MOTU comic fiction, ever???
    Eternity War.

2002/DC He-Man Video guy
    It was translated almost a decade ago. Check it Out!

Evil Lord of the Deadlift Larry Waters's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Durendal View Post
    Eternity War.
    5/10
    Would only recommend under duress.

None of the art has even FLIRTED with MCV quality, and only Williamsí art was acceptable as professional.
    Successful trades/purchases
    Squishy Duck Man, Man-E-Toys, JOAH-MAN, Jawbridge, Zuff-Man, Mern-Ra, He-Ryno, tattoojunkie74, zodak74, bigassbuzz