Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast

Thread: 'He-Man and the Masters of the Multiverse' 6-Issue Limited Series from DC Comics!

Heroic Warrior
    Definitely getting this miniseries. It'd be interesting to see how it turns out.
    "I'm right here. I'm not going anywhere. That's a promise...!" --Kurama

"To me, the memories of my friends are an eternal treasure." --Yami Yugi

"So, good people defend stupid people? Then good people become Batman."--Leo Holt

Quote Originally Posted by Krueger View Post
    I like the multiverse theory myself because, in theory, all fans can be satisfied. Me? I'm a Filmation fan through and through. That's "my" He-Man. Someone else might prefer new DC He-Man and loathe all others, or 200x He-Man and so on.
    Exactly this theoretically , everyone could get a "continuation " of " thier " he man , as well as new takes and looks . How soon before release do " previews " normally go up , is it usually like a week before ?

Sent from my moto g(6) play using Tapatalk

Heroic Warrior
    I generally find the multiverse approach works better than the Classics approach where they try to cram everything together.

Certainly, if a classic story is well received, I’m fine with each version having a version of it just because it beats retelling a classic story just to have He-Man acknowledge it.

Likewise, if you’re doing G.I.Joe, I’m fine with virtually any continuity mentioning that the USS Flagg sank or that the Dreadnoks toured as the music act Cold Slither. (Although HOW that happened should probably vary based on the tone. In a goofy continuity, Cold Slither was a brainwashing plot. In a serious continuity, maybe you say something about how Homeland Security was slacking because the Dreadnoks managed to perform at six dive bars as Cold Slither after Cobra’s bank accounts were frozen.)

Heroic Warrior
    I'm assuming this Prince Keldor mentioned is the heroic Anti-Eternia version and not another version from a different part of multiverse? Only mentioned in the Classics toy bio for Anti-Eternia He-Man and not in the original source German audio book?

2002/DC He-Man Video guy
    Quote Originally Posted by davelove81 View Post
    Exactly this How soon before release do " previews " normally go up , is it usually like a week before ?
    In *most* cases the previews for first 4-5 pages of a comic will come out a week before its release. Atleast in the case of major titles.

Though it's not set in stone in case of He-Man, for during 2012-2016 comic run, sometimes previews only were released a day before the release date.
    He-Man & She-Ra fan, writer to official Dark Horse MOTU/POP books

· ToonJukka - Youtube Channel with He-Man/She-Ra videos; Origins, Trivia, Top5 lists and more!

I wish Freddie Williams was doing the art on these, but I’m looking forward to checking them out!

4DBED11C-66B8-48E7-8B70-BC8D519B0552.jpeg

E75C2F29-47EF-41DC-909D-DF87BDCD83ED.jpg

Logo for Masters of the Multiverse and cover for issue 2

2002/DC He-Man Video guy
    Quote Originally Posted by Jrod View Post

Looks great!

Was kinda hoping they'd create a new logo instead of the Classics-logo. But cover 2 is already showing great use of the multiverse-aspect.

· ToonJukka - Youtube Channel with He-Man/She-Ra videos; Origins, Trivia, Top5 lists and more!

This sounds fun. I liked the Injustice comic and how it was faithful to the characters while still embracing the insanity of the crossover. Hopefully this will be similar.

I do like the multiverse idea - that lets you keep all the different interesting continuities without having to mutate them to fit together

Another MOTU mini-series? About time... Ive enjoyed the last two, especially that epic art!
    Epic Metal music rocks the universe.

Heroic Warrior
    Damn!!!!

A new MOTU comic book mini series by DC, with Tim Seeley as the writer, and with Rob involved are amazing news!

Especially since this means that the collaboration between Mattel and DC continues, and didn't end earlier this year, as was presumed. Which means more MOTU comics by DC coming out, especially after the news about the new MOTU animated series.

As for the Multiverse, is one of the ideas that i loved most from the new comics. So having all the versions of He-Man together in a comic, is an awesome treat! Also for the fist time in the american comics, Anti-Eternia He-Man will appear and be the main villain. Anti-Eternia is one of my favorite MOTU concepts, and i' m eager to see how this story is going to be developed, and the inevitable alliance between He-Man and Anti-Eternia Prince Keldor (who is the good guy in the Anti-Eternia-verse.

The covers revealed so far are great! Especially the cover of the 2nd issue with 1987's movie He-Man fighting with Crita, and with Optik, Karati, NA He-Man, and Anti-Eternia Keldor in the background! From the preview inner art it seems that we will have also a new version of He-Man too, based on the look of the Sideshow statue.
    Last edited by granamyr80; August 19, 2019 at 08:49am.

Heroic Warrior
    So excited and surprised.
    I was raised with pre-Crisis DC's multiverse, so this is nothing jarring for me.

Quote Originally Posted by 13977 View Post
    Finally an Anti-Eternia story in English. Really looking forward to this one.
    MVC volume 2 was an Anti-Eternia story, but with those characters coming to Eternia and not the other way round

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    Tweet Me!

I've just changed my profile picture because we got Geldor in MOTUC!

Heroic Warrior
    Will be interesting to see if all major eras represented, anime announcement, and movie pushing forward boost the sales figures for this series compared to previous ones.

- - - Updated - - -

Continued DC partnership with comics puts He-Man as a potential guest character in a possible Injustice 3 video game in 2021 back on the table.

Man! If they use the name "Castle Hellskull" in the comic I will be so excited! It would mean a lot to me if something I cooked up when translating the Anti-Eternia audioplay really garnered some traction. My claim to fame

Quote Originally Posted by Jrod View Post
    4DBED11C-66B8-48E7-8B70-BC8D519B0552.jpeg

E75C2F29-47EF-41DC-909D-DF87BDCD83ED.jpg

Again, I'm not a fan of the '87 movie, but I really dig that cover! I can't wait for this to come out.
    Odd Man Out

Knowing me, knowing you.. Mendoc's Avatar
    Sideshow statue version. Best one for me 👍🏻
    Attached Images Attached Images

Heroic Warrior
    What i' m very excited about, is that from the covers revealed so far, it seems that they are using not only the various versions of He-Man, but also the characters from the respective media/canon. Fingers crossed for Blade, Karg, Saurod, and Gwildor to make an appearance.

It does seem as though the multiverse storyline is becoming a trend. I'm not complaining if we get to see some of the fun obscure characters like those from the film.
    Quote Originally Posted by Sandman View Post
    I hate you. So much.

In regards to my speculation on who Teela's real father is.

I'm probably over thinking this, but does every eternia have its own "anti eternia" or is there only one?. And why does anti eternia keldor get to stay blue while everyone else turns into shadow the hedgehog?

Hexcellent Horror Hostess
    I'm really excited about this new miniseries! I love that Anti-Eternia He-Man is the "Big Bad" in this story, which is an awesome idea. I also love that we'll see the different eras of MOTU represented in their own distinct universes! That issue 2 cover blew my mind in a major way! Crita, Optikk, '87 movie He-Man, Anti-Eternia Keldor, etc all in the same place!? So cool.

Quote Originally Posted by Kesmai View Post
    I'm assuming this Prince Keldor mentioned is the heroic Anti-Eternia version and not another version from a different part of multiverse? Only mentioned in the Classics toy bio for Anti-Eternia He-Man and not in the original source German audio book?
    Anti-Eternia Keldor was definitely not in the original German Audio Play story, nor was any opposite version of Skeletor ever mentioned in it. However, yes, he has indeed been in two official bios. He isn't in Anti-Eternia He-Man's, but that one does lead into the other two that do mention AE Keldor. He is mentioned in Ultimate Faker's bio, and figures prominently in the Battle Armor Faker bio.

Also, the 2003 the MVCreations "Dark Reflections" storyline featured an evil Man-At-Arms from an opposite Eternia. It wasn't exactly Anti-Eternia, but it was a very, very similar "mirror universe" idea. The evil "King He-Man" of the opposite Eternia would have been Faker instead of Anti He-Man though. We also get references to the heroic Keldor of the opposite Eternia as seen in these pages from the comic:

So while Anti-Eternia Keldor has been directly included in Classics bios, and someone very similar was described as the opposite Eternia's heroic rebel leader in MVC comics, this upcoming comic miniseries from DC will be the first time we actually get an official VISUAL for Anti-Eternia Keldor.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by davelove81 View Post
    And why does anti eternia keldor get to stay blue while everyone else turns into shadow the hedgehog?
    I figure it has something to do with being exposed to Castle Hellskull/Hell Grayskull. Maybe being inside it/around it for prolonged periods causes the shadow effect and red eyes to happen? It'd be kind if cool if the comic addresses it.
    Last edited by Penny Dreadful; August 22, 2019 at 08:56pm.
    PENNY DREADFUL'S SHILLING SHOCKERS
    Weekly hosted horror, sci-fi, suspense, and fantasy films!
    On television scare-waves throughout Haunted New England

OFFICIAL WEBSITE
    http://www.shillingshockers.com

2002/DC He-Man Video guy
    Quote Originally Posted by Penny Dreadful View Post
    Also, the 2003 the MVCreations "Dark Reflections" storyline featured an evil Man-At-Arms from an opposite Eternia. It wasn't exactly Anti-Eternia
    Thank you for reminding of that. Some fans confuse it as direct german Anti-Eternia.

but it was a very, very similar "mirror universe" idea. The evil "King He-Man" of the opposite Eternia would have been Faker instead of Anti He-Man though. We also get references to the heroic Keldor of the opposite Eternia as seen in these pages from the comic:
    The one shame was that we never got the secondary 6-issue comics that would've told us what our Man-At-Arms had to experience in this mirror universe. I recall it was one of those comic trivia info that Unemployed Skeletor revealed in a video.

Quote Originally Posted by hadley View Post
    I wish Freddie Williams was doing the art on these, but I’m looking forward to checking them out!
    Freddie Williams would be my preference too, this multiverse team fits nicely to the last crossovers that showcased Freddie's art. Anyway, I'm just glad that the MOTUs comic presence is still with DC's.

Sent from my vivo 1718 using Tapatalk
    By the power of Grayskull!!!!

Hey all,

I’m kinda new to MOTU, I’ve always had an interest but never went deep into it. With the new animated show, movie, and figure line around the corner I figure this is my opportunity to take a deep dive into MOTU. I’m definitely interested in this new miniseries as I’m a fan of what Multiverse story lines can bring. I’ve watched the movie and have watched some of all the different animated shows.

What can a noob like myself read or watch to better enjoy this new comic miniseries?

Thanks in advance