Page 23 of 23 FirstFirst ... 13212223

Thread: Origins: Why the Hate?

Heroic Warrior
    Quote Originally Posted by Garthantula View Post
    The original Battle Axe certainly looks much cooler. It couldnít have been that hard to add some etchings to mimic the designs. I wonder why they went with that plain look.
    It's based on the Alcala artwork/the early prototypes, as is the rest of He-Man's design (ngl, I'm surprised we aren't getting the boot knife at retail for this specific reason).

ten_01_01.jpg

Quote Originally Posted by BooperScoop View Post
    (ngl, I'm surprised we aren't getting the boot knife at retail for this specific reason).
    Thatís probably due to safety regulations more than anything else.

Heroic Warrior
    Quote Originally Posted by jeffcope View Post
    Thatís probably due to safety regulations more than anything else.
    That's probably it. At least that's in most con exclusives.

Also, on a different note, the Power Con She-Ra looks amazing. I just looked back at it, and it's the best She-Ra to date imo.

I missed out alot on Classics... and i was never was interested in the filmation figures. With Origins, i can finally have the MOTU figures i missed out on while close to vintage. Plus these figures offer customization other than head swaps.

Quote Originally Posted by Vasculio294 View Post
    I missed out alot on Classics... and i was never was interested in the filmation figures. With Origins, i can finally have the MOTU figures i missed out on while close to vintage. Plus these figures offer customization other than head swaps.
    With that She-Ra, MOTU Origins now are kind of branching now on three directions :
    - SDCC He-Man Adam 2pack is mini-comics and Power Con Lords of Power are variants on updated articulated vintage style MOTU toys (maybe because they are con exclusives afterall)
    - The revealed and teased regular figures are updated articulated vintage style MOTU toys (for retail)
    - Power Con She-Ra is updated articulated vintage style POP toys (maybe Mattel gauging the interest for this type?)

It is again really showing signs of solid commitment of Mattel to MOTU brand.

Sent from my vivo 1718 using Tapatalk
    Last edited by motogp_fanatic; May 18, 2020 at 10:27am.
    By the power of Grayskull!!!!