Page 15 of 15 FirstFirst ... 5131415

Thread: Origins: Why the Hate?

Quote Originally Posted by VZX View Post
    Yes yes yes! Zoar (and Screech) should be a separate toy. Here is my Zoar wish list:
    --NON-rubber wings, but can "flap" with button on one leg.
    --Other leg also has button that operates a bomb-bay door to release a bomb under Zoar's body (bird-dropping jokes will commence)
    --Articulated wings at the "elbows" to fold back.
    --Talons are spring-loaded to be able to "grip." Feet are wide enough apart so they can fit around a basic figure's head so Zoar can "grip" a figure by their shoulders and carry them off.
    --Two extra bombs can be stored in clasps on either side of the armor.

For Screech, some extra "cyber" detail on the bird's face and talons to show that it is a cyborg.
    With a low case ratio then I hope otherwise that’s a guaranteed peg warmer I fear!

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by abaddon View Post
    Wonder if Mattel still have the CG Classics mould? Might be a good re-release in the MOTU Origins line as is. Maybe just fewer paint apps and accessories to bring the price point down?
    I really hope that’s the route they go down, maybe sans the floor panels and such. But scale size I think it fits perfectly? Classics CG was initially intended to be a little bigger but was scaled down. It would be such an amazing playset for today’s children! I’d definitely buy one for my son, but I’d buy it if it was a more modern version of the vintage too, so... yeah
    Last edited by Razzerian; September 19, 2019 at 06:53am.

Heroic Warrior
    Quote Originally Posted by Razzerian View Post
    With a low case ratio then I hope otherwise that’s a guaranteed peg warmer I fear!

- - - Updated - - -

I really hope that’s the route they go down, maybe sans the floor panels and such. But scale size I think it fits perfectly? Classics CG was initially intended to be a little bigger but was scaled down. It would be such an amazing playset for today’s children! I’d definitely buy one for my son, but I’d buy it if it was a more modern version of the vintage too, so... yeah
    I just would be surprised if an Origins Grayskull was targeted at over $100 MSRP.

It doesn’t fit with the rest of the line pricing. That had a $350 MSRP.

I’d expect something much more in line with the Batman vs. Superman Ultimate Batcave or Justice League Ultimate Battleground. That was 4 feet tall (one sided and counting cardboard pieces) and $105 and included a figure.

Likewise, Funko’s Batcave was $70.

I’m expecting around $100 including a Sorceress.

They might use MOTUC as inspiration, particularly how the ledge from the minicomic was brought back in. If the interior is detailed, it probably means ditching the back half of the clamshell.

Maybe you could sell the back half with the elevator as a separate set and have it connect on either side so you can get a 200x 3-walled diorama by buying 2 of the back wall set.