Page 11 of 11 FirstFirst ... 91011

Thread: The Toys of He-Man and the Masters of the Universe from Dark Horse

Quote Originally Posted by MGurlea View Post
    Thank you for the update! I can't wait to buy the combo. I have all the other books and I wish some of the other toy lines that I collect did something similar. The books on MOTU are basically in an encyclopedia set now on the entire line. I really like the two special editions that I have that have different covers. It would be awesome if the toy book in this combo set came with a different special cover or at least a different jacket. I understand if you can't do that now though. I think the toy book I will be referring to a lot. There are already questions that pop up and I am like, you know that toy book will probably have the answers I am looking for.
    I'm very excited to get the combo too!

Also, I think since TMNT is Dan's second favorite property, he'd be the perfect guy to write a toy guide one that line, too!
    CC: 1) Lizorr, 2) Sagitar, 3) King Miro, 4) Hunga, 5) Hoove, 6) Kayo, 7) Artilla, 9) Master Sebrian, 10) MoP Demons, 11) Twiggets, 12) Raj-Jar, 13) Hans Hammerholder, 14) Staghorn, 15) Spinwit, 16) Vizar, 17) Butthead, 18) Nocturna, 19) Melaktha, 20) Vy-Por
    CG: 1) Whiplash, 2) Ram Man, 3) Leech, 4) Kobra Khan, 5) Moss Man, 6) Bow, 7) Buzz Off, 8) Multi-Bot, 9) Entrapta, 10) Webstor

Can't wait to get the combo set!

Quote Originally Posted by Wakko View Post
    Maybe it's just me, but $80 for both books (minus shipping of course) is cheaper than I expected the combo to be. So that's great news.
    Yes, I expected this to be over $100. It has been some years but I swear some of the books I bought in this line in the past were $100 for one book. Maybe it was just the special limited editions that I paid more for. I think the Art of Masters I got with the special cover and packaging was $100.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by maltesefalcon View Post
    Love the idea of this as transformers has had something similar for years

One thing I was curious though is the definition of toys? Will this include things like the role play swords (I know they made na at least) and masks or is it action figures only?
    I'm curious about that too. Pixel Dan said the book would focus on Mattel toys only, but he noted exceptions for the NECA stactions (since they continued what was begun with the Mattel 200x line) and the Super7 MOTUC/Club Grayskull figures.

I'm guessing licensed MOTU toys like Colorforms and Shrinky Dinks won't be in there, but if the role play sword was a Mattel product, it will be. But I'm just hypothesizing.
    Dan said in the panel about the book that this book would cover the original toy line, 200x, Classics, and Club Grayskull. I think this book is just covering the main lines that have ended. Apparently that alone is close to 800 pages. He said he is already thinking about a second book that would cover more recent stuff, say like Origins, and as he put it "merchandise" which is all the other things outside of the main toy lines like role play swords, Colorforms, etc. If I am remembering correctly from a week ago, I might not be, I think this is basically what he said.

Quote Originally Posted by MGurlea View Post
    Dan said in the panel about the book that this book would cover the original toy line, 200x, Classics, and Club Grayskull. I think this book is just covering the main lines that have ended. Apparently that alone is close to 800 pages. He said he is already thinking about a second book that would cover more recent stuff, say like Origins, and as he put it "merchandise" which is all the other things outside of the main toy lines like role play swords, Colorforms, etc. If I am remembering correctly from a week ago, I might not be, I think this is basically what he said.
    I think New Adventures of He-Man (or, He-Man '89/'92) is in the book too.
    We need the POWER of the GOOD and the WAY of the MAGIC !!!

**Staunch FILMation lover!!! **** Uber NEW ADVENTURES Fan!!!**
    Waiting for more William Stout characters!!!

Quote Originally Posted by Ornclown View Post
    I think New Adventures of He-Man (or, He-Man '89/'92) is in the book too.
    Yup, it's in there!

Very excited for this. Will definitely be getting the combo. Much like everyone else I am concerned with the combo selling out incredibly fast but I'm hoping it isnt seconds fast. With that said I'll be pre ordering on day 1 to get these to go with my collection of the books.
    It always takes me 10 minutes to figure out how to edit this signature

I want meteorbs dang nabbit!!!

Maybe it's just me, but $80 for both books (minus shipping of course) is cheaper than I expected the combo to be. So that's great news.
    Yeah, same. Of course I want both. That it helps is wonderful.

Quote Originally Posted by baronterror View Post
    Yeah, same. Of course I want both. That it helps is wonderful.
    I absolutely agree with you, I want to help too and I would love to have both amazing books in my collection.
    "Tell me I am beautiful - it means nothing to me. Tell me I am intellectual - well, I know it already. Tell me I am funny however, and that is the greatest compliment in the world that anyone can give me".

- Julie Newmar (The Catwoman)

I am so looking forward to adding these two books to my collection! I think $80 is more than fair.
    Coming straight out of Preternia, tribal chieftess and the original WARRIOR GODDESS, SHARELLA!!!

Sharella needs her day in Classics. She is the only remaining vintage POG character that needs a figure.
    Support Sharella for Collectors Choice!

My top 5 wants for MOTUC: Sharella, Hunga the Harpy, Sagitar, Snake Goddess & Red Beast

Heroic Warrior
    Any word yet when this will be up?

Sent from my SPH-L720T using Tapatalk

Quote Originally Posted by unclassified View Post
    **Ditto!!**
    We need the POWER of the GOOD and the WAY of the MAGIC !!!

**Staunch FILMation lover!!! **** Uber NEW ADVENTURES Fan!!!**
    Waiting for more William Stout characters!!!

Quote Originally Posted by unclassified View Post

Sent from my SPH-L720T using Tapatalk
    This was posted by Val in the other thread:

"Pixel Dan gives some early information about the upcoming, official Toy Guide & the Character Guide Supplement. Released by Dark Horse, this book combo is only available for pre-order from Power-Con starting Saturday, September 5th at 9:00am Pacific Time."

There's a video too:

https://www.he-man.org/forums/boards...LEMENTAL-Guide

I just put in my order.
    "I wouldn't be surprised if this movie has Adam as a skinny nerd from Earth battling another skinny nerd-hacker from Earth that used an alias of Keldor. They then enter Tron-style to a cyber world called Eternia, where they control muscle-bound avatars to battle (called He-Man and Skeletor). And these same avatars come to life and continue to battle in present-day Earth." - VZX

Just in case anyone here is interested in the Character Guide Supplemental and did not see this in the other thread, they're available for order as of the time of this post. Get 'em while you can!

https://thepower-con.com/2020/09/book-combo-today/

Ended up getting to the site ten minutes after it went up and was a little concerned there may have been a rush. Saw the character guide sold out and was crestfallen.

Then realized it wasn't the toy guide and was relieved. Got my order in with respectably cheap shipping that I didn't think would be available due to previous conversations that were had.

Excited to get this in!

Sent from my Pixel 3a using Tapatalk

I'm not going to be able to afford the books in one payment, I'll have to save up for them, so I hope they don't sell out too fast.
    "Tell me I am beautiful - it means nothing to me. Tell me I am intellectual - well, I know it already. Tell me I am funny however, and that is the greatest compliment in the world that anyone can give me".

- Julie Newmar (The Catwoman)