Page 16 of 18 FirstFirst ... 61415161718 LastLast

Thread: The Toys of He-Man and the Masters of the Universe from Dark Horse

Bang Your Head
    Got my copy today, thank you Val and Dan.

I did notice two variants missing in the 200X section:

The image of Teela shown in the book is the brown hair band variant. The standard one is gold and is not pictured or mentioned in the book:
    gold_band.jpg

The other is the SDCC exclusive He-Man. He is not shown on the page with the promotional variants.
    200x-sdcc-he-man-front-964.jpg

On to a second printing!!! ...

Combo came two days earlier. Can't wait to dig into it.

I found a huge problem with this guide!

... it has made me realize how far I have to go to complete my vintage PoP collection!!
    We need the POWER of the GOOD and the WAY of the MAGIC !!!

**Staunch FILMation lover!!! **** Uber NEW ADVENTURES Fan!!!**

>>Looking forward to the Netflix Era<<

Jealous of you lucky ducky's - I haven't gotten a shipping notice yet

Quote Originally Posted by Durendal View Post
    Jealous of you lucky ducky's - I haven't gotten a shipping notice yet
    Don't worry, you're not the only one. All I've had so far is the blank e-mail that I've replied to but not got anything back.... Hopefully soon.

Quote Originally Posted by rexerm View Post
    Got mine today and the Toy Guide is insanely cool. The amount of work for all of those photos... wow! My new problem: Dark Horse makes any more of these things and I'm gonna need to seriously reorganize my He-Man shelf!
    Attachment 125716
    You need to add the Dark Horse He-Man and the Masters of the Universe Newspaper Comic Strips hard cover to your collection.

Quote Originally Posted by Ka Rot-Top View Post
    You need to add the Dark Horse He-Man and the Masters of the Universe Newspaper Comic Strips hard cover to your collection.
    It's there on the bottom of the stack.
    Check out my on-going project: THE UNOFFICIAL MASTERS OF THE UNIVERSE CLASSICS COMPLETE COLLECTION GUIDE
    Featuring photos, bios, accessories, release dates, and trivia for every figure, beast, vehicle and playset released in Masters of the Universe Classics!

Heroic Warrior
    Well my book finally went from 10 days of shipping label created to acceptance at post office..I'm normally not this whiny but I'm a little irritated. I gladly would've paid for Priority Mail

Quote Originally Posted by Wakko View Post
    It's there on the bottom of the stack.
    Oops! Missed that! Now we just need Dark Horse to do a compilation of all the European MOTU comics! Frankly, I'm game for any MOTU comic reprints, including the mini comics that came with the MOTU Classics figures. Bring 'em on Dark Horse!

Quote Originally Posted by Dorko2 View Post
    Well my book finally went from 10 days of shipping label created to acceptance at post office..I'm normally not this whiny but I'm a little irritated. I gladly would've paid for Priority Mail
    Me too. It was accepted by USPS today at 9PM today.

~W~
    Tales of Masters of the Universe
    The story of Masters of the Universe - spanning from Skeletor's origin to the final fate of He-Man!
    Masters of the Universe: New Legacy
    Find out what happened after the 200x series! Featuring stories and artwork from throughout the fan community!

WANTED: Snake Mountain stands, Wind Raider, and the Griffen

Bang Your Head
    Oops! Missed that! Now we just need Dark Horse to do a compilation of all the European MOTU comics! Frankly, I'm game for any MOTU comic reprints, including the mini comics that came with the MOTU Classics figures. Bring 'em on Dark Horse!
    The last 3 mini-comics that came out for MOTUC didn't make it into the Minicomic collection back in 2015. Maybe we can get an updated one in 10 years that include the new Origins comics too...

Heroic Warrior
    I would love Dark Horse to do MOTU comics compilation as well that includes the '80s DC Comics, Marvel/Star Comics, UK Comics, MC Creations, and 2010s DC Comics.

Quote Originally Posted by grenadaspice View Post
    I would love Dark Horse to do MOTU comics compilation as well that includes the '80s DC Comics, Marvel/Star Comics, UK Comics, MC Creations, and 2010s DC Comics.
    I just started trying to collect the Star series and... woo... they are way more expensive than I expected. I hope DH cuts a deal with Marvel for them. I'd also love to see the comics from the fan magazines, too. Or even the entire issues reprinted (c'mon: the Fearless Photog contest needs preserving!)

Quote Originally Posted by rexerm View Post
    I just started trying to collect the Star series and... woo... they are way more expensive than I expected. I hope DH cuts a deal with Marvel for them. I'd also love to see the comics from the fan magazines, too. Or even the entire issues reprinted (c'mon: the Fearless Photog contest needs preserving!)
    The Dark Horse book prices have sky rocketed thanks to Disney. Hopefully Disney will reprint the Legends/Expanded Universe comics.
    But who wants great comics like Shadows of the Empire etc when you can get Disney era stuff like the High Republic etc.

He-Man historian
    Quote Originally Posted by MossMan710179 View Post
    The last 3 mini-comics that came out for MOTUC didn't make it into the Minicomic collection back in 2015. Maybe we can get an updated one in 10 years that include the new Origins comics too...
    Last 5 MOTUC minicomics.

There are 8 in total. And Dark Horse Minicomic Collection included the first 3.
    He-Man & She-Ra fan, writer to official Dark Horse MOTU/POP books

· ToonJukka - Youtube Channel with He-Man/She-Ra videos; Origins, Trivia, Top5 lists and more!

Quote Originally Posted by Jukka View Post
    Last 5 MOTUC minicomics.

Is there a list anywhere that tells which Classic figure comes with which comic issue number? Or, does anyone know which Classics figures had the last 5 issues of the minicomics packed in?

Bang Your Head
    Last 5 MOTUC minicomics.

You're right! Issues 3 and 5 have a similar color palette and look the same as thumbnails.

Is there a list anywhere that tells which Classic figure comes with which comic issue number? Or, does anyone know which Classics figures had the last 5 issues of the minicomics packed in?
    1- Thunder Punch He-Man
    2- Snake Man-At-Arms
    3- Dragon Blaster Skeletor
    4- King He-Man
    5- Unnamed One
    6- Oo-Larr
    7&8- Laser Light He-Man and Laser Power Skeletor

The main site has them listed with the figures they come with, except issues 7 and 8...
    https://www.he-man.org/publishing/su...d=52&subid=133

He-Man historian
    Quote Originally Posted by grenadaspice View Post
    DC Comics already published an Omnibus. That included 80s specials and mini-series + all modern 2010s comics.

UK Comics would be a beheamoth to collect... there are SO many of them. Would be be great.

Not sure if Marvel/STAR comics collected would have all that much interest... and if they were put together with MVCreations comics, it would be a tad incoherent book.
    He-Man & She-Ra fan, writer to official Dark Horse MOTU/POP books

· ToonJukka - Youtube Channel with He-Man/She-Ra videos; Origins, Trivia, Top5 lists and more!

Received my copy form Amazon UK yesterday. I've only flicked through it so far but it looks great and I'm look especially looking forward to reading the interviews.
    One error I have spotted however is it says the 200x Dragon Walker Tattoo He-Man was a German exclusive which is not accurate. It was at the very least released here in the UK as well as I got from a Tesco supermarket which is just a regular shop not a speciality import store or anything.

Also has others have said I was surprised not to see the 200x SDCC exclusive He-Man shown on the page with the promotional variants.

UK Comics would be a beheamoth to collect... there are SO many of them. Would be be great.
    A collection of the UK comics would be the ultimate release for me but yeah it would likely have to be something like a 3-volume box set. But it would be a dream come true for me.
    UK MOTU Fan Club Members - Add You Member Name to this Thread

Wanted:
    MOTUC He-Ro Staff with green gem
    Keshi Mantenna in red

Quote Originally Posted by MossMan710179 View Post
    You're right! Issues 3 and 5 have a similar color palette and look the same as thumbnails.

1- Thunder Punch He-Man
    2- Snake Man-At-Arms
    3- Dragon Blaster Skeletor
    4- King He-Man
    5- Unnamed One
    6- Oo-Larr
    7&8- Laser Light He-Man and Laser Power Skeletor

The main site has them listed with the figures they come with, except issues 7 and 8...
    https://www.he-man.org/publishing/su...d=52&subid=133
    Thank you! I have all of those figures MOC except Oo-Larr. If I had him too, I would be opening them all immediately and finally reading the end of the Classics Minicomics! I guess Oo-Larr is on my short list now. And he ain't cheap!

I also received my bundle from Power Con! The shipping email came from "He-Mart" if anyone is wondering. Both of the books are awesome! Great job everyone!

Bang Your Head
    Not sure if Marvel/STAR comics collected would have all that much interest... and if they were put together with MVCreations comics, it would be a tad incoherent book.
    I have interest in the Marvel/Star Comics. Ron Wilson art If Marvel did publish one, I could see them going the route of a $75 omnibus (yes, they do exist) and include the Marvel Age issue, or just pass it on over to Dark Horse and let them take care of it. I'm a little surprised they haven't put it out yet, seeing as they released the Star Wars: Droids and Ewoks, and Muppet Babies omnibuses.

Thank you! I have all of those figures MOC except Oo-Larr. If I had him too, I would be opening them all immediately and finally reading the end of the Classics Minicomics! I guess Oo-Larr is on my short list now. And he ain't cheap!
    No problem
    I'd recommend getting him sooner than later...

Unfortunately both of my books arrived damaged. The packaging was pristine too, so they must have been damaged before they were shipped. Hope I can replace them.

Über Fan Adam_Prince of Eternia's Avatar
    Mine is supposed to arrive tomorrow. The delivery has been delayed so many times, it is making me antsy.

The last thing I got was an email on April 21 asking if I wanted to change my shipping address, and saying that "If all goes according to plan" they'd be shipping them by the end of the next week.

I didn't bother to reply, since they said if they got no reply they would send the books to the address on file, which is correct.

But I haven't gotten anything since then, not even an email about the package having shipped (and yes, I do check my Spam folder just in case).

Not sure what I should do, if anything. I'm sure that after three weeks it's probably on the way but it would be nice to have confirmation.
    My matches, toy reviews, promos and more are on YouTube here: https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCxr...awnHgDz1ceDcfA

Quote Originally Posted by 13977 View Post
    A collection of the UK comics would be the ultimate release for me but yeah it would likely have to be something like a 3-volume box set. But it would be a dream come true for me.
    I agree.

The UK comics are some of the best, especially the New Adventures stories.

I would love to see scripts for the German audio-dramas added as well.
    We need the POWER of the GOOD and the WAY of the MAGIC !!!

**Staunch FILMation lover!!! **** Uber NEW ADVENTURES Fan!!!**

>>Looking forward to the Netflix Era<<