Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst ... 2345 LastLast

Thread: The Toys of He-Man and the Masters of the Universe from Dark Horse

Heroic Warrior
    I'm really hoping for a foreign comics compilation, an audio drama compilation (either as an actual audio thing or as a book with properly translated scripts, as some of the ones on the site are very Google Translate-y), or some sort of multiverse guidebook, delving deeper into each version of Eternia/Etheria (like what the Netflix She-Ra's version of He-Man is up to, how Anti-He-Man became the way he is, how 200X Skeletor managed to win, what the great war from the early minicomics was, what Etheria was like in the movie universe, etc.)

Quote Originally Posted by Ornclown View Post
    Fingers still crossed for a New Adventures cartoon/figure guide.
    That would be awesome. My want list is:

1. More comics collections, be they foreign (translated to English), the MYP series, or the Star Comics series. (All of the above, please!)

2. A compilation of the U.S. MOTU magazine series.

3. A 200x episode guide.
    Check out my on-going project: THE UNOFFICIAL MASTERS OF THE UNIVERSE CLASSICS COMPLETE COLLECTION GUIDE
    Featuring photos, bios, accessories, release dates, and trivia for every figure, beast, vehicle and playset released in Masters of the Universe Classics!

Fingers still crossed for a New Adventures cartoon/figure guide.
    You'll get NA toys in this official Toy Guide from Dark Horse.

The cartoon, though? There's just not much info out there. It's hard to track down the creators, and very little of the resources in the creation of the show are out there. In addition, there's only 65 episodes.
    You take the He-Man and She-Ra animated guide by James Eatock, which clocks in 592 pages. It features behind-the-scenes info and a look at 223 episodes total from He-Man and She-Ra.
    So if you take just the 65 episodes from NA, even if you had the same behind-the-scenes content, that's more like a 177 pages which makes for a small book. That's not in line with the past releases for the general book market.

But, who knows. Maybe there could be something that has NA and 200x together?
    Hope to see you at Power-Con 2020!
    JVS3 = Val Staples = Power-Con, Event Director | He-Man.Org, Owner | Guy who has been fortunate to work on a LOT of MOTU & POP projects
    Please check out my Facebook page

Heroic Warrior
    I'd totally buy a 200X guide. I never saw much of it, but I remember seeing a few episodes as a small child (maybe in daycare or kindergarten?). Also, does Dark Horse have the rights to do stuff with modern MOTU? Like the She-Ra reboot, Revolations, and the new CGI cartoon? I know Scholastic published the She-Ra graphic novel, so I'm curious what the licensing stuff is like.

Quote Originally Posted by BooperScoop View Post
    Also, does Dark Horse have the rights to do stuff with modern MOTU? Like the She-Ra reboot, Revolations, and the new CGI cartoon? I know Scholastic published the She-Ra graphic novel, so I'm curious what the licensing stuff is like.
    Guess we'll have to wait and see!
    JVS3 = Val Staples = Power-Con, Event Director | He-Man.Org, Owner | Guy who has been fortunate to work on a LOT of MOTU & POP projects

Finally. I've been waiting for this book for decades!
    MOTU FAN since 1982

Heroic slave of time man-at-work's Avatar
    I hope 200X and Classics have their good share of this guide. NECA stactions are going to be there? I remember as I started collecting the stactions right after 200X was cancelled, and it blended nicely with the action figures (same scale, style). They're kind of in the middle of a toy and a statue.

I'm also excited about the suplemental character guide. It will be a most welcome and cellebrated mandatory addition to my MOTU library. I wonder if it will be more focused on the action figures released after the original character guide was published. That would be my preference, since I think those hyper-obscure characters from media (comics, newspaper strips, cartoons and audio plays) were already covered.
    Wish list of MOTUC figures: Sagitar, Red Beast, Red Shadow, Red Knight, Hans Hammerholder, Ra-Jar

2002/DC He-Man Video guy
    Quote Originally Posted by man-at-work View Post
    since I think those hyper-obscure characters from media (comics, newspaper strips, cartoons and audio plays) were already covered.
    Or so you thought!!!

He-Man & She-Ra fan, writer to official Dark Horse MOTU/POP books

· ToonJukka - Youtube Channel with He-Man/She-Ra videos; Origins, Trivia, Top5 lists and more!

Heroic slave of time man-at-work's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Jukka View Post
    Or so you thought!!!

Ok, the more the better! bring it on!
    Wish list of MOTUC figures: Sagitar, Red Beast, Red Shadow, Red Knight, Hans Hammerholder, Ra-Jar

Quote Originally Posted by JVS3 View Post

The cartoon, though? There's just not much info out there. It's hard to track down the creators, and very little of the resources in the creation of the show are out there. In addition, there's only 65 episodes.
    You take the He-Man and She-Ra animated guide by James Eatock, which clocks in 592 pages. It features behind-the-scenes info and a look at 223 episodes total from He-Man and She-Ra.
    So if you take just the 65 episodes from NA, even if you had the same behind-the-scenes content, that's more like a 177 pages which makes for a small book. That's not in line with the past releases for the general book market.

But, who knows. Maybe there could be something that has NA and 200x together?
    Excellent!

I didn't realize that the New Adventures vintage line was included in this book!

I wouldn't mind a combo NA episode guide/trivia and a compilation of the European comics... maybe the U.K. comics along with unreleased Ehapa German artwork, and a section for all of the unique Scrollos pages that were created for the U.K. books.
    We need the POWER of the GOOD and the WAY of the MAGIC !!!

**Staunch FILMation lover!!! **** Uber NEW ADVENTURES Fan!!!**
    Waiting for more William Stout characters!!!

2002/DC He-Man Video guy
    Excellent!

I didn't realize that the New Adventures vintage line was included in this book!
    Quote Originally Posted by Jukka View Post
    The photo in this very thread shows Dan taking a photo of an NA Action figure.
    Oh dang the img link from facebook is broken.

Last edited by Jukka; February 21, 2020 at 06:56am.
    He-Man & She-Ra fan, writer to official Dark Horse MOTU/POP books

· ToonJukka - Youtube Channel with He-Man/She-Ra videos; Origins, Trivia, Top5 lists and more!

Court Magician Thunderpunch1982's Avatar
    Wow! What a great book! I thank you Pixel Dan and crew for all your hard work! Buying day one, pre-order when this goes up! Pre-orders soon I hope?

Sweet Dream Warriors poster there!

So I contributed some things to the book, as did several others. I got a sneak preview of part of it and all I can say is that I think people are going to love this

Definitely excited for this book! That Eternia box they are photographing for it is a thing of beauty! I really hope Mattel decides to reissue this epic playset for the Origins line!

Heroic Warrior
    Looking forward to this book. Any idea when it will be released?

Quote Originally Posted by He-Metayer View Post
    Looking forward to this book. Any idea when it will be released?
    Not sure. I'm eagerly awaiting the solicitation info myself!

Heroic Warrior
    Wow - really looking forward to this forthcoming MOTU Toy Book. All of Dark Horse's past MOTU books have been superb, and I'm sure this will be no exception.

I do hope the underrated 200X Art Asylum-sculpted line will be in here, as well as the NECA Stactions. Though I didn't collect the Stactions, they did look great & I wish I had gotten at least some of them.

Also really digging the "making of" pics. Makes me wish I had gotten the huge Eternia playset back in the day. And, as a huge fan of NOES 3: Dream Warriors (my favorite Elm Street flick), nice to see the poster on the wall

I really want this book as well. Of all the books this is the one I have most looked forward to.

Sent from my H3113 using Tapatalk

Is it on Amazon yet?

Quote Originally Posted by Durendal View Post
    Is it on Amazon yet?
    It hasn’t been solicited yet.

The price of masters figs will go up when this comes out, because everyone will see what they are missing and say to themselves I need that.

Quote Originally Posted by trap-grr View Post
    The price of masters figs will go up when this comes out, because everyone will see what they are missing and say to themselves I need that.

We anticipate this as well. So start buying now!!!

We anticipate this as well. So start buying now!!!
    Or wait to start selling? Shame I sold more than half my collection 2 years ago to make space. Well I'll keep buying!

Heroic Warrior
    Will this cover the She-Ra reboot dolls and toys and the Mondo figures?