Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: The Toys of He-Man and the Masters of the Universe from Dark Horse

I wonder if the book is going to contain information about all of the different packaging variations. Back in the 200x days, I used to run a checklist website that contained all that data. I took it down around 2004 though, but still have all of the files and data. So many packaging variants! English, Tri Language, Action Chip Arrow, No Action Chip Arrow, KMart Trading Cards, Wal Mart VHS Exclusives.... oh those were the days of the retail hunt!!!

Quote Originally Posted by suckator View Post
    Do they have all of the photos they need? I imagine there are those that could help here. I am able to help if needed.
    I know from a Facebook post that Dan was still looking for a US carded Princess of Power Loo Kee figure. I told him I had a lead, but the guy was in the UK and he didn't get back to me, so maybe he already found one.
    Last edited by Kowl; September 17, 2019 at 07:21pm.
    Kowl, the know it owl!
    Feedback Thread: http://www.he-man.org/forums/boards/...ad.php?t=71871
    MOTUC MOC Want List: SDCC 2008 King Grayskull
    Vintage POP MOC Want List: Bubble Power She-Ra, Loo Kee, Spinnerella

Snappy Threader
    Can not wait for this book!

Excellent news! This is a long-overdue publication for a franchise born in the toy aisles.

This book also has the potential to be an incredibly useful resource for collectors. Will it go as far as discussing vintage packaging and variants? Will readers discover a "blue beard Stratos" or "peach-cheeked Skeletor"? Can't wait to find out!
    MOTU FAN since 1982

Will this include variants? There are at least 6 different variants of the first release Skeletor (USA) (in terms of combinations of face paint, shorts color, boot paint).

Quote Originally Posted by Long Live He-Man View Post
    I've been waiting on a great book to pair with the Star Wars and G.I. Joe toy guides.

I hope this MOTU book will be EPIC! And I can't wait to purchase one. I just hope it is complete with early MOTU figures and vehicles. The latter stuff is swell and all, but the vintage toys need to have all figures/vehicles/playsets represented.
    Wow, I just watched the Pixel Dan Powercon panel, and Dan said this includes everything from vintage through classics. And includes everything! Hopefully “everything” includes a lot of MOC/MIB +loose +variants for all lines. This is going to be a massive tome.

Heroic Warrior
    Well I guess the only positive thing about Classics being "done" is that we don't need an updated toy guide since the whole line is (hopefully) covered in this book.

Quote Originally Posted by Melfis View Post
    Well I guess the only positive thing about Classics being "done" is that we don't need an updated toy guide since the whole line is (hopefully) covered in this book.
    True, except that MOTUC CC W Stout wave, and MOTUC CG Wave 4 aren’t out yet. Not sure if Dan and the group get to make any more edits to it before publishing. And if the book comes out next June, it may beat the release of the final MOTUC waves anyway.

This may be a weird issue, but I really hope the dimensions of the book follow the Art of, World Compendium & Complete Guide formats. The Newspaper/Comic Strips book doesn't fit on my bookshelf.

Quote Originally Posted by Joebot View Post
    This may be a weird issue, but I really hope the dimensions of the book follow the Art of, World Compendium & Complete Guide formats. The Newspaper/Comic Strips book doesn't fit on my bookshelf.
    The reason for the oversized format of the Newspaper comic strips book is only this way the comics could be printed in their original layout without downsizing them. The Toy Guide doesn‘t have this requirement.
    News editor on PlanetEternia.de, the No. 1 German Masters of the Universe website
    Part of "Das HE-MANische Quartett", the No. 1 German Masters of the Universe podcast

Quote Originally Posted by Creedog View Post
    True, except that MOTUC CC W Stout wave, and MOTUC CG Wave 4 aren’t out yet. Not sure if Dan and the group get to make any more edits to it before publishing. And if the book comes out next June, it may beat the release of the final MOTUC waves anyway.
    Snake Mountain will surely be delayed before this book.

Sent from my vivo 1718 using Tapatalk
    By the power of Grayskull!!!!

Quote Originally Posted by Joebot View Post
    It will almost certainly be the size of the Art of HM&TMOTU book...
    We need the POWER of the GOOD and the WAY of the MAGIC !!!

**Staunch FILMation lover!!! **** Uber NEW ADVENTURES Fan!!!**
    It's TIME to finish the New Adventures figure lineup !!!