Page 2 of 8 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast
Results 26 to 50 of 189

Thread: C知on Mattel! Let S7 produce one last CG wave

  1. #26
    Heroic Warrior Mark M's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2019
    Location
    Northern Ireland
    Posts
    1,269
    Never really understood the appeal of the Club Greyskull figures. The simplified Filmation designs looked quite boring as action figures compared to Collectors Choice.
    Personally I think they started the Club Greyskull line to late in the Classics line and it caused a divide with people wanting certain characters in particular styles.
    But for those that liked the line it's a shame some characters won't get made to complete the line like Leech and Ram-Man.

  2. #27
    Heroic Warrior mjw41's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2009
    Location
    MA
    Posts
    6,727
    Quote Originally Posted by degra View Post
    I think most CG fans would be happy if Mattel would permit S7 to do one final wave of CG so fans can have a mostly complete collection they壇 be happy with. The origins are still a year away so I can see S7 being able to squeeze a wave in and it would garner some goodwill towards Mattel rather than leaving a bad taste in our mouths as of now

    Ram man様ast major hero
    Whiplash
    Leech様ast Motu horde member missing
    Bow 耀ignificantly different than motives and key player
    frosta-創uff said
    Hunga/zodac/glimmer?
    Degra you are preaching to the choir we all would love it to continue, problem is Mattel does NOT want anything from Classics or Club Grayskull out there that could potentially hurt their Origin & movie figure sales. Super7 hasn't lost the lic , Mattel has just put Super7 on hold from making anything for a while that's all.

    This is good in a way because now Super7 is continuing 7 inch Thundercats Classics, they are also doing 7 inch scale TMNT's and a 7 inch Conan The Barbarian Movie line. Super7 has plenty to keep it self and customers busy for years to come.
    Collectors Choice most Wanted Characacters:

    Hunga The Harpy, Sagitar, General Tateran, Kothos, 200x Sorceress, Crimson Countess, Inspector Darkney.


    Club Grayskull Filmation most Wanted Characacters:

    Melaktha, Leech, Filmation Horde Trooper, Yukkers, Multibot, Ram-Man, Whiplash, Webstor, Blue Faker ( From JE The Return Of Faker)

  3. #28
    Heroic Warrior
    Join Date
    Dec 2008
    Posts
    2,162
    Mattel is being foolish. It is killing the momentum and odds are once CG stops it’s over and will not be revisited. Besides a year away is the earliest these new junk figures are coming out from Mattel so plenty of time for one more CG wave.
    _____________________

    please release accurate Filmation of-- , ram man, Leech, whiplash, entrapta , adora, moss man, buzz off, bow, frosta, catra, , webstor, count marzo, icer , mekaneck,Mermista, glimmer, Angela and perfuma.

  4. #29
    Heroic Warrior
    Join Date
    Nov 2012
    Posts
    609
    Are the Origins figures compatible with the classics CG, SM and the vehicles. I can buy 3 figures for what I can get for 1 classics figure in the secondary market!
    Most Wanted:

    Snake Mountain and Eternia Playsets!

  5. #30
    Heroic Warrior mjw41's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2009
    Location
    MA
    Posts
    6,727
    Quote Originally Posted by degra View Post
    Mattel is being foolish. It is killing the momentum and odds are once CG stops it’s over and will not be revisited. Besides a year away is the earliest these new junk figures are coming out from Mattel so plenty of time for one more CG wave.
    you may not agree with it because it affects your collecting wants, but Mattel does own the lic and they have the right to want to be the only one with MOTUC product in the market for the next year or so. Besides Super7 is going to be very busy with Thundercats Classics, TMNT's and Conan.
    Collectors Choice most Wanted Characacters:

    Hunga The Harpy, Sagitar, General Tateran, Kothos, 200x Sorceress, Crimson Countess, Inspector Darkney.


    Club Grayskull Filmation most Wanted Characacters:

    Melaktha, Leech, Filmation Horde Trooper, Yukkers, Multibot, Ram-Man, Whiplash, Webstor, Blue Faker ( From JE The Return Of Faker)

  6. #31
    Canadian 3-packs hunter bObA_fEtt_Ox's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2009
    Posts
    2,683
    Quote Originally Posted by degra View Post
    Mattel is being foolish. It is killing the momentum and odds are once CG stops it痴 over and will not be revisited. Besides a year away is the earliest these new junk figures are coming out from Mattel so plenty of time for one more CG wave.
    I am one the biggest Filmation fan here, as you are degra, and I like you are so passionate with Club Grayskull.

    But these comments do not help in case where Mattel could read ORG posts and think : " Ok I was thinking about changing my mind and let super7 produce Motucs, but there is so many problems with Motuc collectors here so I will not change anything. That reminds why we stopped Mattycollector "

    I am really really disapointed not to have Classics, but maybe we do not know exactly why Mattel decided to do that and we cannot wish the Origins fail.

    I wish Origins work so well and Mattel wins so much money with that line and upcoming movie line, anime etc... they will think there is no reason not to let Super7 produce Classics for only 1,000 hardcore nerd collectors like you and I !
    $$$$$ WANT TO BUY, HIGHTEST PRICES OFFERED $$$$$

    >>>>> Heroic warriors 3-pack <<<<<
    >>>>> Evil Warriors 3-pack <<<<<
    >>>>> Evil horde 3-pack <<<<<

    $$$$$ Email:[email protected] $$$$$

  7. #32
    Heroic Warrior Mark M's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2019
    Location
    Northern Ireland
    Posts
    1,269
    Quote Originally Posted by powerofGS View Post
    Are the Origins figures compatible with the classics CG, SM and the vehicles. I can buy 3 figures for what I can get for 1 classics figure in the secondary market!
    I would say yes since they are slightly smaller than the Classics figures so if anything they will work better with Snake Mountain, Castle Greyskull and the Windraider etc.

  8. #33
    Court Magician
    Join Date
    Oct 2015
    Posts
    62
    Was really hoping we'd get Orko and Cringer for the Filmation Classics line.

  9. #34
    Heroic Warrior mjw41's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2009
    Location
    MA
    Posts
    6,727
    Quote Originally Posted by Orko's Uncle View Post
    Was really hoping we'd get Orko and Cringer for the Filmation Classics line.
    We still could, just not for a while.
    Collectors Choice most Wanted Characacters:

    Hunga The Harpy, Sagitar, General Tateran, Kothos, 200x Sorceress, Crimson Countess, Inspector Darkney.


    Club Grayskull Filmation most Wanted Characacters:

    Melaktha, Leech, Filmation Horde Trooper, Yukkers, Multibot, Ram-Man, Whiplash, Webstor, Blue Faker ( From JE The Return Of Faker)

  10. #35
    Heroic Warrior Sgt. Slaughter's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2008
    Posts
    878
    Quote Originally Posted by powerofGS View Post
    Are the Origins figures compatible with the classics CG, SM and the vehicles. I can buy 3 figures for what I can get for 1 classics figure in the secondary market!


    Yes, they are compatible! And since they're slightly smaller, they actually fit everything better. And since their legs pose better, you can fit them into many of the vehicles much easier than MOTUC.

    I like how this thread is asking for "One more wave" and then people list 56 characters they want. And then someone suggests only 6 or 10 more waves to finish out the line.

    And then people have this absurd notion that Mattel is worried about MOTUC competing with Origins. But the reality is, Mattel is taking back control of MOTU. And they have no desire to invest back into MOTUC. A line that they ran for many years and the number of subscribers dwindled to the point where it was no longer a worthwhile investment for them. Mattel isn't worried about MOTUC. They know MOTUC's fanbase is very small these days. Mattel is stopping anyone but them from making MOTU product. This has little to do with MOTUC and more with Mattel bringing He-man home.
    Toys, Movies, TV Shows and more reviewed at the pop culture mega site... INFINITE HOLLYWOOD.

  11. #36
    Widget
    Join Date
    Mar 2018
    Posts
    13
    i want a last CG wave too,
    otherwise i think i will boycott all mattel products in future for all times

    at least these are a must for me:

    catra!!
    leech!
    bow
    horde trooper
    ramman
    two bad
    (orko/adora)

  12. #37
    Heroic Warrior TigerBlade's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2014
    Posts
    161
    Well if CG really is done for the forseeable then that's more money to spend elsewhere. Thankfully Takara aren't so short sighted with Transformers Masterpiece and have convictions and confidence in their releases.

  13. #38
    The Man Shecky's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2003
    Posts
    2,919
    Quote Originally Posted by Sgt. Slaughter View Post
    And then people have this absurd notion that Mattel is worried about MOTUC competing with Origins. But the reality is, Mattel is taking back control of MOTU. And they have no desire to invest back into MOTUC. A line that they ran for many years and the number of subscribers dwindled to the point where it was no longer a worthwhile investment for them. Mattel isn't worried about MOTUC. They know MOTUC's fanbase is very small these days. Mattel is stopping anyone but them from making MOTU product. This has little to do with MOTUC and more with Mattel bringing He-man home.
    It's not an absurd notion when it's a directive from Mattel themselves. As it has been stated repeatedly since NYTF, and using Mattel and the upcoming MOTU film as an example, companies do not want licensed product out when a film pertaining to their product is in development. The news from the S7 panel shouldn't be shocking given this news has been floating around since February, and about 3 weeks ago Mattel themselves said Classics isn't dead.

    As for having no desire to invest back into MOTUC, that isn't necessarily true given they are the ones who produced this year's exclusives, not S7. It doesn't mean they are taking back the reins on the Classics/Club Grayskull entirely as by all indications Super7 still has the license, though they obviously won't be able to do anything with it for awhile. In addition, although Mattel produced the exclusives, S7 were the ones who offered Snake Mountain which went up for pre-order after the pre-orders for the exclusives.

    Yes, the Classics fanbase is dwindling and has been since around 2011-2012. As for not being a worthwhile investment from them, it's not exactly breaking news given they closed shop 3 years ago. Classics has always been a niche line given it has been online only with no presence in retail, whereas Origins is going all with a supposed presence in retail. Hopefully Origins succeeds as that can only enhance the brand overall, and if that happens, perhaps S7 will be able to resume the CC/Grayskull lines sooner rather than later so fans from all spectrums can get what they want.
    Last edited by Shecky; August 19, 2019 at 04:34pm.

  14. #39
    Heroic Warrior Count Judas's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2011
    Location
    The Underworld, Los Angeles, CA
    Posts
    2,145
    I am hopeful that in about 2-3 years time, Super 7 will continue both CG and Classics once the movie products begin to phase out.

    For the next CG wave I'd love to see:

    1) Leech
    2) Ram Man
    3) Whiplash
    4) Adora
    5) Rattlor
    6) Buzz Off
    NO KAYO? NOT OKAY-O! Catch my pics on Instagram: countjudas FOR 2019: Kayo, Lizorr, Sagitar, Negator, Hunga the Harpy, Kol Darr, Catra cat form, Leo Faker, Anti Eternia MAA and Orko, Melog, Filmation Ram Man and movie figures

  15. #40
    Heroic Daddy to Hermione! Uki's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2002
    Location
    The Woodlands,Tx
    Posts
    12,043
    Quote Originally Posted by Mark M View Post
    Never really understood the appeal of the Club Greyskull figures. The simplified Filmation designs looked quite boring as action figures compared to Collectors Choice.
    Personally I think they started the Club Greyskull line to late in the Classics line and it caused a divide with people wanting certain characters in particular styles.
    But for those that liked the line it's a shame some characters won't get made to complete the line like Leech and Ram-Man.
    I'm with you, though I've added a few CG characters to my collection simply because I either liked that design better (Evilseed) or because the figure looked different enough to warrant inclusion as a whole different entity: Clawful (who I display as a character called "Snapper"), Tung Lashor ("Flickor"), The Sorceress (as Kodak Ungol). Also, characters such as the Trollans got a pass.

    Now, if we were to get one "last wave" of CG, my picks would be these:

    -Melaktha
    -Catra's Panther Form
    -Twiggets 3-Pak (even if they were largely unarticulated, like Kowl, Lookee, or Broom)
    -King Miro

    These are characters I'd love to have in any form, though I'd have preferred the more detailed (better, IMO) Classics/CC style.
    MOTUC Most Wanted: Skeleteen, Prince Keldor, Captain Randor, The Great Black Wizard, Lady Slither, Spirit, Tuvar, Baddra, Cursed Marzo, Tug-O-War, Scrollos, Songster, Mini-Comics Spirit of Castle Grayskull, and for the love of the Sorceress and Julie Winston, ODIPHUS!!!

    Instagram: Just_Thommy

  16. #41
    Heroic Warrior TigerBlade's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2014
    Posts
    161
    Quote Originally Posted by Mark M View Post
    Never really understood the appeal of the Club Greyskull figures. The simplified Filmation designs looked quite boring as action figures compared to Collectors Choice.
    Personally I think they started the Club Greyskull line to late in the Classics line and it caused a divide with people wanting certain characters in particular styles.
    But for those that liked the line it's a shame some characters won't get made to complete the line like Leech and Ram-Man.
    Different strokes for different folks. Some ppl prefer the simplistic design fir nostalgic reasons

  17. #42
    Searchin' My Soul DisneyBoy's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2001
    Posts
    4,276
    I'd love another CG wave but there are so many POP characters still waiting to be made...

    Adora / Leech / Horde Trooper / Catra

    or

    Bow / Glimmer / Hunga / Admiral Scurvy

    or

    Frosta / Sea Hawk / Catra in Cat Form / Twiggets


    ...I'm bummed that She-Ra, as per usual, is left with characters still going unmade...

    And there are cool options on the MOTU side as well, like the Enchantress, Melaktha and Ram-Man...
    Last edited by DisneyBoy; August 21, 2019 at 01:12am.

  18. #43
    Canadian 3-packs hunter bObA_fEtt_Ox's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2009
    Posts
    2,683
    Quote Originally Posted by DisneyBoy View Post
    I'd love another CG wave but there are so many POP characters still waiting to be made...

    Adora / Leech / Horde Trooper / Catra

    or

    Bow / Glimmer / Hunga / Admiral Scurvy

    or

    Frosta / Sea Hawk / Catra in Cat Form / Twiggets


    ...I'm bummed that She-Ra, as per usual, is left with characters still going unmade...

    And there are cool options on the MOTU side as well, like the Enchantress, Melaktha and Ram-Man...
    Lots of good choices here...
    You can for POP cartoon : Red knight and Colonel Blast
    $$$$$ WANT TO BUY, HIGHTEST PRICES OFFERED $$$$$

    >>>>> Heroic warriors 3-pack <<<<<
    >>>>> Evil Warriors 3-pack <<<<<
    >>>>> Evil horde 3-pack <<<<<

    $$$$$ Email:[email protected] $$$$$

  19. #44
    Heroic Warrior
    chuc98's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2003
    Location
    Saint Petersburg, FL
    Posts
    8,300
    Quote Originally Posted by mjw41 View Post
    you may not agree with it because it affects your collecting wants, but Mattel does own the lic and they have the right to want to be the only one with MOTUC product in the market for the next year or so. Besides Super7 is going to be very busy with Thundercats Classics, TMNT's and Conan.
    But that's the thing. They won't have anything in the market for the next year. It won't be TILL a year from now. The only thing we're getting is what Super7 already had in the works. Maybe con exclusives? But Origins is a year in the future.
    200X fan? Classic fan? What does that mean? I'm a MotU fan!!!

  20. #45
    Heroic Warrior Orko's Magic Hat's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2001
    Location
    Birmingham, UK
    Posts
    6,489
    Mattel can always let S7 make CG or Collectors choice figures in the future, they have not taken the licence from them, just put a freeze on things. Yes, its annoying - but makes sense. Wouldn't you want to take back control in time for a comeback? Don't forget the larger public have not had a MOTU line at retail since 2003, or even a cartoon.
    MOTUC WISHLIST - Karg | Lady Slther | Kothos | Staghorn | Sorceress of Serpos Teela | Hunga the Harpy | Kittrina | Dylamug | Hawke | Angast | Zilora | Artilla | Quakke | Robo-Woman | Great Black Wizard | Enchantress | Red Beast | Delora | DC He-Man | DC Skeletor | Lodar | Fang-Or | Mini Comics Tri-Klops | Filmation Jitsu, Frosta & Kobra Khan | Hans Hammer Holder | Granita |

  21. #46
    Heroic Warrior mjw41's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2009
    Location
    MA
    Posts
    6,727
    Quote Originally Posted by chuc98 View Post
    But that's the thing. They won't have anything in the market for the next year. It won't be TILL a year from now. The only thing we're getting is what Super7 already had in the works. Maybe con exclusives? But Origins is a year in the future.
    I know its crazy and from what I read on line about Super7's Panel They are not Allowed to make Classics or reaction for MOTU as long has Mattel has origins in the market.

    So it could be years, Mattel wants to be the big kid on the block again. They don't see us as keeping the brand alive for 11 years. Or that Super7 saved it for us when Mattel washed their hands of the adult Collector market, but now they want us back or at least they want our money so they stop us from getting what we truly want in hopes we will buy into what they are offering.
    Collectors Choice most Wanted Characacters:

    Hunga The Harpy, Sagitar, General Tateran, Kothos, 200x Sorceress, Crimson Countess, Inspector Darkney.


    Club Grayskull Filmation most Wanted Characacters:

    Melaktha, Leech, Filmation Horde Trooper, Yukkers, Multibot, Ram-Man, Whiplash, Webstor, Blue Faker ( From JE The Return Of Faker)

  22. #47
    Heroic Warrior depp76's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2014
    Location
    Greensboro, NC
    Posts
    1,111
    This whole ordeal is complete ********. It's like everything that I collect is done. Not happy with Mattel at all.

  23. #48
    Heroic Warrior
    Join Date
    Jun 2012
    Posts
    105
    Mattel must be heavy gamblers to put all the chips in on a line that has not had major success since the early to mid 80s.

    That is my true issue with the Mattel line it’s there products or nothing at all. You buy our stuff or get nothing just does not work for me. I would gladly support the MOTU line through Super7 and yes Mattel still makes money off that too.

    2023 the license is up for Mattel who’s to say the big money maker Hasbro comes in and out bids Mattel?

  24. #49
    Heroic Warrior Mark M's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2019
    Location
    Northern Ireland
    Posts
    1,269
    It makes perfect business sense for Mattel to want all the attention on their toys.
    Much like Hasbro's Transformers the main income is from the movie and cartoon merchandise aimed at children. Not the stuff aimed more at collectors.
    Origins, the movie and the Netflix cartoon is what the brand needs now. Not relying on a small number of adults buying products from another company

  25. #50
    Heroic Warrior
    chuc98's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2003
    Location
    Saint Petersburg, FL
    Posts
    8,300
    Quote Originally Posted by mjw41 View Post
    I know its crazy and from what I read on line about Super7's Panel They are not Allowed to make Classics or reaction for MOTU as long has Mattel has origins in the market.

    So it could be years, Mattel wants to be the big kid on the block again. They don't see us as keeping the brand alive for 11 years. Or that Super7 saved it for us when Mattel washed their hands of the adult Collector market, but now they want us back or at least they want our money so they stop us from getting what we truly want in hopes we will buy into what they are offering.
    To me it just seems like they saw how well Super7's retro figures were selling and wanted back in. I don't think they were planning anything UNTIL the movie released.
    I'm still sticking to my line of thinking…I don't think Origins will last. They won't advertise it. They'll rely on the new cartoon and movie to be the advertising…and we saw how well the last cartoon did when it came to advertising the 200X line. Mattel is MotU's own worst enemy.

    In the end, even though it's a smaller fandom, there is more than enough of us to support everything. We made Snake Mountain happen!
    Kids are steadily abandoning toys…adult collectors are where the money is at. If Mark M is correct in assuming our fandom is only "a small number of adults" then who's going to buy Origins for their children? Apparently no one.
    200X fan? Classic fan? What does that mean? I'm a MotU fan!!!

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •