Page 3 of 8 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast

Thread: C知on Mattel! Let S7 produce one last CG wave

Quote Originally Posted by mjw41 View Post
    I know its crazy and from what I read on line about Super7's Panel They are not Allowed to make Classics or reaction for MOTU as long has Mattel has origins in the market.

So it could be years, Mattel wants to be the big kid on the block again. They don't see us as keeping the brand alive for 11 years. Or that Super7 saved it for us when Mattel washed their hands of the adult Collector market, but now they want us back or at least they want our money so they stop us from getting what we truly want in hopes we will buy into what they are offering.
    Brian has stated that they are hopeful and in discussions with Mattel about when they might be able to continue/resume the lines, though there is no definitive timetable as to when that may happen.

Quote Originally Posted by chuc98 View Post
    Kids are steadily abandoning toysadult collectors are where the money is at. If Mark M is correct in assuming our fandom is only "a small number of adults" then who's going to buy Origins for their children? Apparently no one.
    You aren't really understanding what I said, and perhaps I didn't state it correctly.
    What I mean to say is that toy sales for adult collectors is small compared to the sales for children.

Many of you have asked me to do something similar on FB and IG for MOTUC like what I did for ThunderCats. I’m pleased to say I’ve created these accounts and since the #wewantmorethundercats campaign helped in some way to get the line back, you can now show your support and join the #wewantmoremotu movement. Check it out and let’s see if it will help us spread the word that we really want more Classics and Club Grayskull.
    www.facebook.com/wewantmoremotu
    www.instagram.com/wewantmoremotu

Motuc Blister Eater OnlyOneSkeletor's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Sebastiaan View Post
    Many of you have asked me to do something similar on FB and IG for MOTUC like what I did for ThunderCats. I知 pleased to say I致e created these accounts and since the #wewantmorethundercats campaign helped in some way to get the line back, you can now show your support and join the #wewantmoremotu movement. Check it out and let痴 see if it will help us spread the word that we really want more Classics and Club Grayskull.
    You made my day, you naughty! Didn't expect that at all.
    Well I've just like the Facebook page, and shall now invite a few friends of mine.
    Let's make it happen!
    NEW ALBUM "STORIES UNTOLD" OUT NOW!
    Available on: Itunes Store / Apple Music & Amazon
    More info here: https://www.facebook.com/glenlarocheofficiel
    Listen the single "Sometimes ... Something" here: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=PZCUBWFNASk

Canadian 3-packs hunter bObA_fEtt_Ox's Avatar
    Many of you have asked me to do something similar on FB and IG for MOTUC like what I did for ThunderCats. I’m pleased to say I’ve created these accounts and since the #wewantmorethundercats campaign helped in some way to get the line back, you can now show your support and join the #wewantmoremotu movement. Check it out and let’s see if it will help us spread the word that we really want more Classics and Club Grayskull.
    Thanks so much to have done that !

You succeeded for TC, you will succeed for MOTU !

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Shecky View Post
    Brian has stated that they are hopeful and in discussions with Mattel about when they might be able to continue/resume the lines, though there is no definitive timetable as to when that may happen.
    That give us hope, hope Brian succeeds to convince them to let them make some Classics again.
    $$$$$ WANT TO BUY, HIGHTEST PRICES OFFERED $$$$$

>>>>> Heroic warriors 3-pack <<<<<
    >>>>> Evil Warriors 3-pack <<<<<
    >>>>> Evil horde 3-pack <<<<<

$$$$$ Email:[email protected] $$$$$

Heroic Warrior
    Liked and shared! Thanks so much for doing this!
    Wanted in MOTUC: Masks of Power Demons, Prince Dakon, Princess Rana, Mini-Comics Tri-Klops, Lizorr, Hoove, Vintage Attack Trak.

Quote Originally Posted by abaddon View Post
    Liked and shared! Thanks so much for doing this!
    Did it as well.

Heroic Warrior
    Quote Originally Posted by Mark M View Post
    You aren't really understanding what I said, and perhaps I didn't state it correctly.
    What I mean to say is that toy sales for adult collectors is small compared to the sales for children.
    Kids (boys in this case), at least in America, don't play with action figures any more. The exceptions being Star Wars and Lego. The adult toy collectibles market is what's driving action figure sales, not children.
    200X fan? Classic fan? What does that mean? I'm a MotU fan!!!

Kids (boys in this case), at least in America, don't play with action figures any more. The exceptions being Star Wars and Lego. The adult toy collectibles market is what's driving action figure sales, not children.
    Star Wars? I don't see kids playing with them. I see Transformers, Lego, WWE, and such. That's why Mega Construx kits are a great idea.

- - - Updated - - -

Great idea! Thanks for doing this!
    I am the Green Goddess!
    https://amzn.to/2N420aD

Heroic Warrior
    Quote Originally Posted by Green Goddess View Post
    Star Wars? I don't see kids playing with them.
    Maybe it's a regional thing but…yes statistically Star Wars toys carry a big chunk of what boys are interested in.

Maybe it's a regional thing but…yes statistically Star Wars toys carry a big chunk of what boys are interested in.
    Star Wars merchandise isn't really selling that well anymore because of the Disney movies.

Kids in the UK are really into WWE, Fortnite, Transformers, Marvel, TMNT, Power Rangers, Lego etc. But al those are affordable and available at retail.
    The WWE cross over will be a great help for MOTU Origins at retail.
    Last edited by Mark M; August 22, 2019 at 09:32am.

Any time folks! We all want more but it may take a while. Let’s be patient and remember we still have two awesome waves coming out AND that beauty of a Snake Mountain...

Any time folks! We all want more but it may take a while. Let’s be patient and remember we still have two awesome waves coming out AND that beauty of a Snake Mountain...
    You are right !

Heroic Warrior
    Very true! I've been trying to hold onto that fact.

Also, quite a few of us still have Horde Zombie He-Man and the Slamurai plus Snake Troopers 3-pack to look forward to as well!
    Wanted in MOTUC: Masks of Power Demons, Prince Dakon, Princess Rana, Mini-Comics Tri-Klops, Lizorr, Hoove, Vintage Attack Trak.

Quote Originally Posted by abaddon View Post
    Very true! I've been trying to hold onto that fact.

Also, quite a few of us still have Horde Zombie He-Man and the Slamurai plus Snake Troopers 3-pack to look forward to as well!
    Yes, I think we all are about to receive this great exclusives from Powercon.

Quote Originally Posted by bObA_fEtt_Ox View Post
    Yes, I think we all are about to receive this great exclusives from Powercon.
    ... except of me, because I was so dumb that I didn't pre-order and Slime-pit He-Man sold out faster than I expected.
    So no Slime-pit He-Man for me. Aaarrgh!

Quote Originally Posted by Sabretooth View Post
    ... except of me, because I was so dumb that I didn't pre-order and Slime-pit He-Man sold out faster than I expected.
    So no Slime-pit He-Man for me. Aaarrgh!
    My advice in such a situation: SAVING!
    I mean, psychologically, it sounds easier when the expense is being laid out over months.
    Now, of course, priorities and actual needs differ so much from a buyer to another...
    Listen the single "Sometimes ... Something" here: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=PZCUBWFNASk

Quote Originally Posted by OnlyOneSkeletor View Post
    My advice in such a situation: SAVING!
    I mean, psychologically, it sounds easier when the expense is being laid out over months.
    Now, of course, priorities and actual needs differ so much from a buyer to another...

... on the other hand I did order the other exclusives through BBTS. This includes the Barbie-style She-Ra.
    I hoped more will be shown at SDCC but no news at all. They didn't even put in the display the dolls they showed at previous cons ... confusing.

I feel like the WWE toys are doing much better than you give them credit for. My friend's son - age 11 - has his own YouTube channel where he makes videos with all of his WWE toys - and he has thousands of followers. Lots of kids are buying and playing with wrestling figures. The Fortnite toys seem to be doing really well also.

Quote Originally Posted by PantherCult View Post
    I feel like the WWE toys are doing much better than you give them credit for. My friend's son - age 11 - has his own YouTube channel where he makes videos with all of his WWE toys - and he has thousands of followers. Lots of kids are buying and playing with wrestling figures. The Fortnite toys seem to be doing really well also.
    They are still doing incredibly well. One of the biggest reasons being they appeal to both child and adult collectors and are available at retail at normal prices.

Quote Originally Posted by Sabretooth View Post

... on the other hand I did order the other exclusives through BBTS. This includes the Barbie-style She-Ra.
    I hoped more will be shown at SDCC but no news at all. They didn't even put in the display the dolls they showed at previous cons ... confusing.
    Hopefully (and just like the minis quite recently), they'll be back.
    I read somewhere that Brandon Sopinsky left a note before leaving Mattel so,
    there are still possibilities that the dolls still are includable in a future marketing strategy
    (the forthcoming movie or who knows what...).

It looks like I am completely lost... and can't find any clue in the thread or elsewhere. Why are we talking about "letting Mattel do S7 one more CG wave"? Did S7 announce they are ending CG/Filmation line anytime soon? Can anyone plesa point me in the right direction here? I am totally lost on this. sorry!

Heroic Warrior
    Quote Originally Posted by InnocentSmith View Post
    It looks like I am completely lost... and can't find any clue in the thread or elsewhere. Why are we talking about "letting Mattel do S7 one more CG wave"? Did S7 announce they are ending CG/Filmation line anytime soon? Can anyone plesa point me in the right direction here? I am totally lost on this. sorry!
    Yes last weekend it was pretty much said that Super7 isn't allowed to do any MotU product beyond what's already in progress because of Mattel's Origins line that's still a year away from being released.

Yes last weekend it was pretty much said that Super7 isn't allowed to do any MotU product beyond what's already in progress because of Mattel's Origins line that's still a year away from being released.
    That is what it is sad because there is absolutely no competition between a mass retail line and a small niche collector line.

Heroic Warrior
    Quote Originally Posted by bObA_fEtt_Ox View Post
    That is what it is sad because there is absolutely no competition between a mass retail line and a small niche collector line.
    Yep. Look at Marvel Select and MarvelLegends

please release accurate Filmation of-- , ram man, Leech, whiplash, entrapta , adora, moss man, buzz off, bow, frosta, catra, , webstor, count marzo, icer , mekaneck,Mermista, glimmer, Angela and perfuma.