Page 4 of 8 FirstFirst ... 23456 ... LastLast

Thread: C知on Mattel! Let S7 produce one last CG wave

Canadian 3-packs hunter bObA_fEtt_Ox's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by degra View Post
    Yep. Look at Marvel Select and MarvelLegends
    Completely agree with this. That is crazy they are making the difference for Motu
    $$$$$ WANT TO BUY, HIGHTEST PRICES OFFERED $$$$$

>>>>> Heroic warriors 3-pack <<<<<
    >>>>> Evil Warriors 3-pack <<<<<
    >>>>> Evil horde 3-pack <<<<<

$$$$$ Email:[email protected] $$$$$

I hope someone from Mattel can see this request... Classics can go hand in hand with origins, limiting classics is fine but nothing for more than a year is too much

Sent from my vivo 1718 using Tapatalk
    By the power of Grayskull!!!!

Quote Originally Posted by bObA_fEtt_Ox View Post
    Completely agree with this. That is crazy they are making the difference for Motu
    Hasbro and Diamond Select don't own Marvel. Disney have licenced Marvel out to numerous companies because Marvel is a successful brand and makes Disney a lot of money.
    MOTU, aside from the vintage toys have not been overly successful at retail.
    Mattel want the focus on their product.

Quote Originally Posted by Mark M View Post
    Hasbro and Diamond Select don't own Marvel. Disney have licenced Marvel out to numerous companies because Marvel is a successful brand and makes Disney a lot of money.
    MOTU, aside from the vintage toys have not been overly successful at retail.
    Mattel want the focus on their product.
    I agree , but Mattel is taking a gamble at retail.
    Toy isle space in stores is smaller and smaller with different products in competition for shelf or peg space
    Collectors Choice most Wanted Characacters:

Hunga The Harpy, Sagitar, General Tateran, Kothos, 200x Sorceress, Crimson Countess, Inspector Darkney.

Club Grayskull Filmation most Wanted Characacters:

Melaktha, Leech, Filmation Horde Trooper, Yukkers, Multibot, Ram-Man, Whiplash, Webstor, Blue Faker ( From JE The Return Of Faker)

Quote Originally Posted by mjw41 View Post
    I agree , but Mattel is taking a gamble at retail.
    Toy isle space in stores is smaller and smaller with different products in competition for shelf or peg space
    Hopefully Mattel have learned a lot from their previous mistakes.
    It is a gamble, but it's the only way to get MOTU back into the general public before the movie.
    They can't rely on Super 7's products to build hype for the movie.
    This way they have their own product, Origins, and a Netflix series along with the WWE crossover figures.

The REAL Mo-Larr yodafreakmaster's Avatar
    Ottumwa Iowa - The Video Game Capital of the World
    I would love a final wave to bridge the gap between now and the 2020 launch of origins. And for the love, let classics live on via Power Con exclusives!!!!!!

Quote Originally Posted by Mark M View Post
    Hopefully Mattel have learned a lot from their previous mistakes.
    It is a gamble, but it's the only way to get MOTU back into the general public before the movie.
    They can't rely on Super 7's products to build hype for the movie.
    This way they have their own product, Origins, and a Netflix series along with the WWE crossover figures.
    I seriously do not get how super7 with small preorder runs for a small niche of hardcore collectors could impact negatively on mass retail sales for Origins line promoted by a cartoon AND a movie.

I do think Classics will help to promote Motu in general and I would even say Motu is still alive because of Classics.

Widget
    I seriously do not get how super7 with small preorder runs for a small niche of hardcore collectors could impact negatively on mass retail sales for Origins line promoted by a cartoon AND a movie.

I do think Classics will help to promote Motu in general and I would even say Motu is still alive because of Classics.
    I completely agree. So Masters Of The Universe Classics doesn稚 sell and is dying yet we just got Snake Mountain funded, got the William Stout Collection made, and simple repaints Of characters with really no media support sold out for Power Con even when they were priced about double and are going even higher then that on the secondary market.... but there痴 no market for Classics.

Quote Originally Posted by motucfan4life View Post
    I completely agree. So Masters Of The Universe Classics doesn稚 sell and is dying yet we just got Snake Mountain funded, got the William Stout Collection made, and simple repaints Of characters with really no media support sold out for Power Con even when they were priced about double and are going even higher then that on the secondary market.... but there痴 no market for Classics.
    Cannot agree more....

Mattel obviously don't view the arrangement with Super 7 as that financially beneficial and would rather be in control of MOTU.
    Besides considering the quality control problems that have been present in pretty much all of Super 7's products it's probably not the best image they want presented to customers having that quality of product available before Origins and the movie get released as people may think their products will be the same quality as Super 7's. .

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by motucfan4life View Post
    I completely agree. So Masters Of The Universe Classics doesn’t sell and is dying yet we just got Snake Mountain funded, got the William Stout Collection made, and simple repaints Of characters with really no media support sold out for Power Con even when they were priced about double and are going even higher then that on the secondary market.... but there’s no market for Classics.
    Classics is not, and has never been an overly successful line. It has only lasted as long as it did because it was only available through subscriptions, pre-orders and scaremonger marketing to a dedicated niche market buying them and people buying multiples to sell on eBay etc at marked up prices.
    Last edited by Mark M; August 25, 2019 at 06:07am.

Master of New Adventures!
    A new He-man series without an accompanying action figure/toyline? I know Mattel well. I don't know who it will be with, but you can bet it's coming.

Quote Originally Posted by Heeeere's Olesker! View Post
    A new He-man series without an accompanying action figure/toyline? I know Mattel well. I don't know who it will be with, but you can bet it's coming.
    Don't yu think that would be too many Motu lines with Origins, Movie line and the cartoon line ?
    Apparently the cartoon line is the next instalment of the 80's cartoon and looks like with the same character design or very approaching.
    Origins would be the cartoon line is my guess.

Master of New Adventures!
    Point well made.

Don't yu think that would be too many Motu lines with Origins, Movie line and the cartoon line ?
    Apparently the cartoon line is the next instalment of the 80's cartoon and looks like with the same character design or very approaching.

From what I took from the videos Origins is the only line. Cartoon and movie designs would all be on the Origins buck.

Heroic Warrior
    I read several very tolerant and patient with this issue and for me it is not fair! We have to make Mattel understand this.
    There are characters like BuzzOff and Mekaneck that have almost no differences with Filmation.
    But it is very unfair that they leave us without RamMan and Leech who have BIG differences and without them leave us the incomplete line!
    I think Mattel and Super7 have to give an answer to this. Nor do I want it to be an exclusive figure that, at least for me, who lives in Argentina, will cost me a fortune to get. We need a last wave.

Quote Originally Posted by EmaHalJordan View Post
    I read several very tolerant and patient with this issue and for me it is not fair! We have to make Mattel understand this.
    There are characters like BuzzOff and Mekaneck that have almost no differences with Filmation.
    But it is very unfair that they leave us without RamMan and Leech who have BIG differences and without them leave us the incomplete line!
    I think Mattel and Super7 have to give an answer to this. Nor do I want it to be an exclusive figure that, at least for me, who lives in Argentina, will cost me a fortune to get. We need a last wave.
    That is sad for us and I am really disapointed but some of us are fighting to let Mattel know we want more MOTUC !
    Our fellow collector Sebastiaan here made a Facebook and an Instagram accounts with this end in view.

Here are the links :
    https://www.facebook.com/wewantmoremotu
    https://www.instagram.com/wewantmoremotu

He did the same with Thundercats and now they are here !
    Hope that will have the same effect with MOTU !
    Last edited by bObA_fEtt_Ox; August 27, 2019 at 07:10am.

Well said i completely agree with that

It's a so simply thing: No more MotU Classics figures? I never will buy MotU Origins figures!

It isn't a baby whim, but a reasoned choice. Mattel continues to offer new MotU toy lines that it decides to kill prematurely.
    And MotU fans continue to buy and never have a complete line!

They did it with 200X line, now with Classics (that it had to be the definitive line...),... how long will Origins line live in your opinion? Are you so gullible to belive that Orgins will be the definitive MotU line? (like was Classics line???)
    Follow me and my creations on Facebook:
    search Orsogranito GraniteBear !

Heroic Warrior Orko's Magic Hat's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by orsogranito View Post
    It's a so simply thing: No more MotU Classics figures? I never will buy MotU Origins figures!

It isn't a baby whim, but a reasoned choice. Mattel continues to offer new MotU toy lines that it decides to kill prematurely.
    And MotU fans continue to buy and never have a complete line!

They did it with 200X line, now with Classics (that it had to be the definitive line...),... how long will Origins line live in your opinion? Are you so gullible to belive that Orgins will be the definitive MotU line? (like was Classics line???)
    IMO the Mattel MOTU classics line which ran from 2008 - 2016 can be considered as a complete line. Super 7's take over, was an extension of the line. Plus I wouldn't call ending MOTUC in 2016 as premature, it ran for years at Mattel!

Anyway, how many toylines out there have a "definitive" line? Does Star Wars have one? Does the original Marvel Legends? There will always be some characters which never get made.

IMO MOTU Classics is the definitive line for MOTU, it had everything in it and ran for over a decade, that is really good going. That being said, it doesn't mean I can't enjoy collecting other MOTU lines - however big or small they might be. I don't care how long Origins will last for, I just want to enjoy collecting it and adding to my MOTU collection.

It's all MOTU to me and I'm a bigger fan of the property than just one toyline.
    MOTUC WISHLIST - Karg | Lady Slther | Kothos | Staghorn | Sorceress of Serpos Teela | Hunga the Harpy | Kittrina | Dylamug | Hawke | Angast | Zilora | Artilla | Quakke | Robo-Woman | Great Black Wizard | Enchantress | Red Beast | Delora | DC He-Man | DC Skeletor | Lodar | Fang-Or | Mini Comics Tri-Klops | Filmation Jitsu, Frosta & Kobra Khan | Hans Hammer Holder | Granita |

Quote Originally Posted by Orko's Magic Hat View Post
    IMO the Mattel MOTU classics line which ran from 2008 - 2016 can be considered as a complete line. Super 7's take over, was an extension of the line. Plus I wouldn't call ending MOTUC in 2016 as premature, it ran for years at Mattel!

Anyway, how many toylines out there have a "definitive" line? Does Star Wars have one? Does the original Marvel Legends? There will always be some characters which never get made.

IMO MOTU Classics is the definitive line for MOTU, it had everything in it and ran for over a decade, that is really good going. That being said, it doesn't mean I can't enjoy collecting other MOTU lines - however big or small they might be. I don't care how long Origins will last for, I just want to enjoy collecting it and adding to my MOTU collection.

It's all MOTU to me and I'm a bigger fan of the property than just one toyline.

You can make what you want...

But Mattel will never have my money for Origins figures after the insensate decision to stop the Classics line!
    Follow me and my creations on Facebook:
    search Orsogranito GraniteBear !

Mattel doesn't waste their time with Classics since they stopped the line in 2016 and Super7 got the baby.
    If Mattel had to take care of Classics I coud understand they want to stop them and focus on Origins but that is not the case.

Also there is absolutely no competition between both lines since Origins is a mass retail line for kids and collectors meanwhile Classics is a small line for the most hardcore Motu collectors in the world.

So basically letting Super7 making Classics is just like free money and ad with license for Mattel.

So basically letting Super7 making Classics is just like free money and ad with license for Mattel.
    I like this worded line..

I'd love one last 6 figure wave for Club Grayskull that included Ram Man, Whiplash, Leech, Moss Man, Kobra Khan, and Buzz Off. Obviously I'd like many more than that, and if we needed to sneak in a never-before-produced character, I'd take Buzz off the list and add in Hunga the Harpy.
    CC: 1) Lizorr, 2) Sagitar, 3) King Miro, 4) Hunga, 5) Hoove, 6) Kayo, 7) Artilla, 9) Master Sebrian, 10) MoP Demons, 11) Twiggets, 12) Raj-Jar, 13) Hans Hammerholder, 14) Staghorn, 15) Spinwit, 16) Vizar, 17) Butthead, 18) Nocturna, 19) Melaktha, 20) Vy-Por
    CG: 1) Whiplash, 2) Ram Man, 3) Leech, 4) Kobra Khan, 5) Moss Man, 6) Bow, 7) Buzz Off, 8) Multi-Bot, 9) Entrapta, 10) Webstor

Quote Originally Posted by wayne-klops View Post
    I'd love one last 6 figure wave for Club Grayskull that included Ram Man, Whiplash, Leech, Moss Man, Kobra Khan, and Buzz Off. Obviously I'd like many more than that, and if we needed to sneak in a never-before-produced character, I'd take Buzz off the list and add in Hunga the Harpy.
    If it was one last wave of six figures I would swap out Moss-Man for the Filmation Horde Trooper, I would swap out Whiplash For Adora and swap out Kobra Khan for Melaktha
    Collectors Choice most Wanted Characacters:

Hunga The Harpy, Sagitar, General Tateran, Kothos, 200x Sorceress, Crimson Countess, Inspector Darkney.

Club Grayskull Filmation most Wanted Characacters:

Melaktha, Leech, Filmation Horde Trooper, Yukkers, Multibot, Ram-Man, Whiplash, Webstor, Blue Faker ( From JE The Return Of Faker)

Quote Originally Posted by mjw41 View Post
    If it was one last wave of six figures I would swap out Moss-Man for the Filmation Horde Trooper, I would swap out Whiplash For Adora and swap out Kobra Khan for Melaktha
    My last six request would be Catra, Adora, RamMan, Leech, Buzz Off and Rattlor.