Page 11 of 11 FirstFirst ... 91011

Thread: Dark Horse - Character Guide & World Compendium SUPPLEMENTAL Guide

A little disappointed there were no entries for Vypor or Stretch-Neck, otherwise it is a great addendum!!
    Danielsan52

Most wanted Classics figures:
    Stretch Neck, Vypor, Sharella, Secret Liquid of Life Teela, Mini-Comics Tri-Klops, Princess Rana, Golden Rod/Aramesh, RoboWoman, Prince Dakon, Shezar, NA Sorceress, Ultimate Goddess, Lt. Andra

Quote Originally Posted by Mikey View Post
    I hope this counts for me too, I haven't heard a word and I'm worried.
    I've not heard a thing so I guess I'll be sending my message enquiring.

Quote Originally Posted by Matty-lad View Post
    I've not heard a thing so I guess I'll be sending my message enquiring.
    Did you read my earlier post?
    Hope to see you at Power-Con 2021!
    JVS3 = Val Staples = Power-Con, Event Director | He-Man.Org, Owner | Guy who has been fortunate to work on a LOT of MOTU & POP projects
    Please check out my Facebook page

I hope I get my email confirmation sometime this week.
    "Tell me I am beautiful - it means nothing to me. Tell me I am intellectual - well, I know it already. Tell me I am funny however, and that is the greatest compliment in the world that anyone can give me".

- Julie Newmar (The Catwoman)

Liberty, justice, peace. The All American's Avatar
    Got mine and it's awesome to have this added to my shelf. Flipping through, I already discovered some new old characters I'd like to see made in toy form, so it's always cool to discover these vintage gems.

Kudos to Danielle and the crew on putting this supplement out!!!

Tracking says my books have entered NJ! That means I should have them by Wednesday at the latest. Sweet!
    My matches, toy reviews, promos and more are on YouTube here: https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCxr...awnHgDz1ceDcfA

My bundle has shipped - phew!!

This thing is phenomenal! I've been enjoying curling up on the couch with it after these long days of work.
    MOTU Origins Most Wanted: Skeleteen, Prince Keldor, Anti-Eternia Characters, and for the love of the Sorceress and Julie Winston, ODIPHUS!!!

Instagram: Just_Thommy
    Hermione's Toy Box on Youtube:
    https://www.youtube.com/channel/UC8C...xlwUttPSJAUZMA

Heroic Warrior
    It makes me so sad I will probably never own these books, I own every other book

Mine arrived today! These books look fantastic!
    For the Honor, for the Glory, for the Power of GRAYSKULL!!!

Quote Originally Posted by dan1980 View Post
    It makes me so sad I will probably never own these books, I own every other book
    Why not? At the vey least it should be no problem to get the Toy Guide.

Hope you find a way, it's great.
    My matches, toy reviews, promos and more are on YouTube here: https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCxr...awnHgDz1ceDcfA

Widget
    Got my PC bundle today! Great work guys

Heroic Warrior
    Good effort on the supplemental. It's less illustrated than the main guide but it was good to see photos of a few vintage figures.

A lot of the sources now, though, are incredibly obscure. It made me wonder if the book is too ambitious in its reach.

For me, the various background stories have become so maze-like and far-fetched (and that's saying something for MOTU) that they have ceased to be interesting and enjoyable. That convoluted minefield is highlighted in this book.

But that doesn't detract from my admiration of those involved in the book's research and production.
    NEW WEBSITE - VAULTSOFGRAYSKULL.NET

Just got the bundle, so I can't wait to open the books and lose myself in them. Amazing packaging job - I feel like the box could have fallen off the truck and been run over and the books would have still been ok!!

He-Man historian
    Quote Originally Posted by VaultsofGrayskull View Post
    A lot of the sources now, though, are incredibly obscure. It made me wonder if the book is too ambitious in its reach.
    It's a pretty deepcut. And will be of interest to certain part of fans in the MOTU/POP fandom.

But that doesn't detract from my admiration of those involved in the book's research and production.
    Thanks! That means a lot!
    He-Man & She-Ra fan, writer to official Dark Horse MOTU/POP books

· ToonJukka - Youtube Channel with He-Man/She-Ra videos; Origins, Trivia, Top5 lists and more!

Quote Originally Posted by They View Post
    A little disappointed there were no entries for Vypor or Stretch-Neck, otherwise it is a great addendum!!
    Agreed , from what I understand , they are not technically “ offcial” cause they have not been introduced officially into any sort of media/ bio , therefore their entries were skipped over, although the appeared in the 2nd ubg, as un recognizable sketches in the background, yet axel was commissioned by Mattel/TG to create them, as sketches, which is confusing cause doesn’t that make them official. Does that mean anyone can make a figure of them and mattel can’t claim rights to the idea? It’s the same with goldenrod and snarll the snow thief, their names appeared in the Cc box art vote, yet they aren’t recognized as official entries, where are they in the limbo. Val/ jukka, care to chime in on this?

Can anybody help me by providing the approximate size and weight of the parcel of the combo? The only option I have is to have it reshipped through a forwarding service, but to get an idea of the cost of the service I need those specs.
    Thanks!