Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: Dark Horse - Character Guide & World Compendium SUPPLEMENTAL Guide

I'm stoked for this.

But is there a way you could do a book of the UK magazines of Masters POP and NA. Including the annuals. Also what about a book of the american Masters Magazine.
    Check out the Masters Of The Galaxy Podcast. And also check out Masters of the Galaxy Facebook page

Follow me on Twitter.... BrianOzone
    My feedback threadhttp://www.he-man.org/forums/boards/...or-Brian-Ozone

Quote Originally Posted by Brian Ozone View Post
    I'm stoked for this.

But is there a way you could do a book of the UK magazines of Masters POP and NA. Including the annuals. Also what about a book of the american Masters Magazine.
    Seconded!

Virginia, United States of America, but mostly in the Hidden Land of Avalon
    Quote Originally Posted by JVS3 View Post
    We don't have details yet on price and pre-sale dates, but the English supplemental book is something that will only be available if you order the the combo of the Toy Guide and Supplemental via Power-Con.

I'll be direct about the Character Guide Supplemental. It's a limited edition release. Also, the combo is going to be full retail price, and the shipping costs are going to be whatever they cost from USPS. And, we all know that's not cheap.

That said, I'm not sure about a Kindle version, or foreign translation, or anything like that. That's always a possibility, depending on Dark Horse's plans.

This is a book that exists specifically for the hard core fans who wanted even more from the first Character Guide, and to make sure the teams of the Toy Guide and Supplemental get a little more compensation than usual. I'm grateful that Dark Horse, Mattel, and NBCUniversal saw the value in us offering this to hard core fans.

Speaking for myself, I have yet to make a dime off any of these books so far. In fact, I've actually lost money so far making sure these books were the best they could be. But thanks to this limited edition Supplemental, I'll be able to make a few bucks, and also be able take money out of my end to give a little extra to other team members of past books.

By buying this combo from Power-Con, you'll be supporting your fellow fans who contributed years of hard work to make them happen. And fans of the Character Guide will get something extra special for their collection.
    Do you have the dimensions and weight of both these books? Please could you give in inches and pounds as well as metric?

Thank You in Advance.
    Griffen Is not My real name, just what I aspire to be.

I collect MOTU/POP, Transformers, Garfield the Cat, & 80's/90's Book & Tape/Record Sets. I collect VHS & DVD of 80's-00's properties and comics. My YouTube Channel titled: Feb Mon
    https://m.youtube.com/channel/UCr-M2kh33ALM2nEzcKZKNKQ

Mostly Playlists & used for commenting on videos. Still, Check it out if you have time.

Quote Originally Posted by Brian Ozone View Post
    I'm stoked for this.

We'll have to see what the future holds, my good man!
    And great seeing you at Power-Con again

Quote Originally Posted by griffen112182 View Post
    Do you have the dimensions and weight of both these books? Please could you give in inches and pounds as well as metric?

Thank You in Advance.
    Not yet. We're a ways off on knowing the weights and spine thickness.
    I can't say for certain, but I think the width & height dimensions will be the same as the previous Art of MOTU, Guide to Filmation, and the Character Guide hardcovers.
    Hope to see you at Power-Con 2020!
    JVS3 = Val Staples = Power-Con, Event Director | He-Man.Org, Owner | Guy who has been fortunate to work on a LOT of MOTU & POP projects
    Please check out my Facebook page

I hate to be negative at all about this and I really appreciate all the hard work thats gone into it but its a shame you cant buy this from the Power-Con website on its own and not just in a combo with the Toy Guide, even if it was a slightly higher price to buy it individually then buying it with the combo deal. Its just it sounds like the Toy Guide is going to be a massive tome of a book, so international shipping on it is going to be crazy.
    MOTUC Most Wanted: Kayo, Vizar, Hoove, Lizorr

UK MOTU Fan Club Members - Add You Member Name to this Thread

Wanted:
    Trade my Red Stone He-Ro Staff for a Green one

Quote Originally Posted by 13977 View Post
    I hate to be negative at all about this and I really appreciate all the hard work thats gone into it but its a shame you cant buy this from the Power-Con website on its own and not just in a combo with the Toy Guide, even if it was a slightly higher price to buy it individually then buying it with the combo deal. Its just it sounds like the Toy Guide is going to be a massive tome of a book, so international shipping on it is going to be crazy.
    If fans can put together an international fan to act as a hub when the time comes, I'd be all for that to help on lowering shipping costs.
    You want the job, 13977?
    JVS3 = Val Staples = Power-Con, Event Director | He-Man.Org, Owner | Guy who has been fortunate to work on a LOT of MOTU & POP projects

If fans can put together an international fan to act as a hub when the time comes, I'd be all for that to help on lowering shipping costs.
    You want the job, 13977?
    I've tried that several times since the 200x days right up to Classics and it never works out unless the fans live close together and don't have repost with in the UK. Even sending books within the UK is expensive because the weight, thats why Amazon pretty much has a corner on the market by offering free shipping.
    In an ideal world I'd get the supplement guide from the Power-Con website and the massive toy guide from Amazon UK.

Wanted:

I've tried that several times since the 200x days right up to Classics and it never works out unless the fans live close together and don't have repost with in the UK. Even sending books within the UK is expensive because the weight, thats why Amazon pretty much has a corner on the market by offering free shipping.
    In an ideal world I'd get the supplement guide from the Power-Con website and the massive toy guide from Amazon UK.
    The free shipping from Amazon is great, but the independent seller is taking a beating with it as they have to absorb those costs. It's why some seller's on Amazon and eBay won't even ship internationally. They can absorb a domestic Media Mail cost for a book, but not the extreme cost of International Priority for a book that's shipped via air mail.

I'm definitely not unsympathetic to the insane costs of international shipping. But, a big part of the combo deal is to get the team paid. That's why the Supplemental is a special item. If we sold just the Supplemental, then by the time we pay for the book, shipping to get it to us, and any fees due online, we'd be back down to making pennies for all the hard work that went into these books.

As much as I've done what I can for years to help my fellow fans out, sometimes you have to take care of yourself and the team. So hopefully most everyone is understanding.

I miss the days of the USPS international boat shipment option. Sure, it took upwards of two months to deliver and you had no tracking, but you saved a boatload (pardon the pun) of money in the process!

Hopefully someone will come forward that the fans trust, who is willing to help with shipping inside Europe, or Australia, etc.
    And it has to be fan who doesn't mind doing it just to make a few extra dollars. Because of it's an online retailer, they have to mark things up to make a profit that is practical for operating a business, and then the savings won't be anything significant.

Heroic Warrior
    The free shipping from Amazon is great, but the independent seller is taking a beating with it as they have to absorb those costs. It's why some seller's on Amazon and eBay won't even ship internationally. They can absorb a domestic Media Mail cost for a book, but not the extreme cost of International Priority for a book that's shipped via air mail.

I'm definitely not unsympathetic to the insane costs of international shipping. But, a big part of the combo deal is to get the team paid. That's why the Supplemental is a special item. If we sold just the Supplemental, then by the time we pay for the book, shipping to get it to us, and any fees due online, we'd be back down to making pennies for all the hard work that went into these books.

As much as I've done what I can for years to help my fellow fans out, sometimes you have to take care of yourself and the team. So hopefully most everyone is understanding.

I miss the days of the USPS international boat shipment option. Sure, it took upwards of two months to deliver and you had no tracking, but you saved a boatload (pardon the pun) of money in the process!

Hopefully someone will come forward that the fans trust, who is willing to help with shipping inside Europe, or Australia, etc.
    And it has to be fan who doesn't mind doing it just to make a few extra dollars. Because of it's an online retailer, they have to mark things up to make a profit that is practical for operating a business, and then the savings won't be anything significant.
    I really hope you guys can somehow make something happen with the guys from Grayskull Con perhaps. Getting those books from there is probably the only way for me. Shipping 2 books of this size from the US is like a mortgage rate. But I guess we will have to wait and see. I hope for the best because I really think all of you have done such a great job on these books.

Quote Originally Posted by Melfis View Post
    I really hope you guys can somehow make something happen with the guys from Grayskull Con perhaps. Getting those books from there is probably the only way for me. Shipping 2 books of this size from the US is like a mortgage rate. But I guess we will have to wait and see. I hope for the best because I really think all of you have done such a great job on these books.
    When the time comes, if they want to place a bulk order, fans don't mind paying them a little extra for their time, and it ultimately saves everyone money, I'd definitely be on board for that.

Heroic Warrior
    When the time comes, if they want to place a bulk order, fans don't mind paying them a little extra for their time, and it ultimately saves everyone money, I'd definitely be on board for that.
    Great to hear!

Virginia, United States of America, but mostly in the Hidden Land of Avalon
    We'll have to see what the future holds, my good man!
    And great seeing you at Power-Con again

Not yet. We're a ways off on knowing the weights and spine thickness.
    I can't say for certain, but I think the width & height dimensions will be the same as the previous Art of MOTU, Guide to Filmation, and the Character Guide hardcovers.
    Thanks for the info.

Is it possible that we can hear from you and the other creators in some capacity? Maybe a video on YouTube or an article here on the .org? A little behind the scenes would be awesome.
    Griffen Is not My real name, just what I aspire to be.

I collect MOTU/POP, Transformers, Garfield the Cat, & 80's/90's Book & Tape/Record Sets. I collect VHS & DVD of 80's-00's properties and comics. My YouTube Channel titled: Feb Mon
    https://m.youtube.com/channel/UCr-M2kh33ALM2nEzcKZKNKQ

Mostly Playlists & used for commenting on videos. Still, Check it out if you have time.

Quote Originally Posted by griffen112182 View Post
    Thanks for the info.

Is it possible that we can hear from you and the other creators in some capacity? Maybe a video on YouTube or an article here on the .org? A little behind the scenes would be awesome.
    We'll have to wait for the official solicitation, followed by officially released details.
    After that, if Dark Horse is okay with it, we can look into a video. But no guarantees!

Like I say definitely appreciate the time and efforts you guys have gone to for this book and hope I'm coming off as constructive and not negative, but I'm sure you realize that after knowing me all these years. Could you not offer the Supplemental guide at an increased price since it's a special limed item instead of a bundle only, like add on the whole margin you'd make for selling a toy guide on to the price of buying the Supplemental guide individually. That way you'd still get the same profit but keep weight down for postage.

Wanted:

Like I say definitely appreciate the time and efforts you guys have gone to for this book and hope I'm coming off as constructive and not negative, but I'm sure you realize that after knowing me all these years.
    I know, and it's all good. Besides, dorrmann wouldn't trust you to be a Super Mod if he thought you were the kind of guy who would be negative. And I have full faith in you as well.

Could you not offer the Supplemental guide at an increased price since it's a special limed item instead of a bundle only, like add on the whole margin you'd make for selling a toy guide on to the price of buying the Supplemental guide individually. That way you'd still get the same profit but keep weight down for postage.
    I don't know if anyone would want to do that. We could offer it, but I think the price may freak people out if we did that.

You might be better off posting in the marketplace to see if there's someone who just wants the Toy Guide in the UK or Europe, who wants to go in with you on the combo to split the difference on shipping.

Court Magician
    I'm just wondering a few characters added in this new book, will there actually be the artwork of most of these characters.

Hexcellent Horror Hostess
    Quote Originally Posted by Mikemarsschamp View Post
    I'm just wondering a few characters added in this new book, will there actually be the artwork of most of these characters.
    As with the first Compendium, existing official artwork and existing official photographs of characters were used. It does not include any new artwork created explicitly for the book, nor does it include any unofficial artwork. All images that were used appeared in some official capacity, and there are indeed quite a lot of images and many characters featured in the upcoming Supplement book.
    PENNY DREADFUL'S SHILLING SHOCKERS
    Weekly hosted horror, sci-fi, suspense, and fantasy films!
    On television scare-waves throughout Haunted New England

OFFICIAL WEBSITE
    http://www.shillingshockers.com

Spare a thought for us African fans too... the shipping and customs costs are a killer.
    NOW DOING CHARACTER ART COMMISSIONS - PM FOR DETAILS
    DeviantArt Gallery
    Week Daze - my webcomic
    The Return to Anwat Gar

Awesome about the additional "Character Guide" and the "Toys..." book!

I hope for one day a collection of the "Mattel" hard covers/"Golden Books" of He-Man and She-ra (Not unlike what was done with the minicomics) but I also understand that that could be a long way off.

Snappy Threader
    Love the original book and can’t wait for this one. Sooooo darn excited when I heard about it on RGD.

I love this addition to the Character Guide!

I REALLY hope one day there will be something similar for the Minicomic Collection, since five issues of the Classics mini-comics were not included.

2002/DC He-Man Video guy
    Quote Originally Posted by HeKAB View Post
    I hope for one day a collection of the "Mattel" hard covers/"Golden Books" of He-Man and She-ra (Not unlike what was done with the minicomics) but I also understand that that could be a long way off.
    I think it's more about those golden books being very much still available to buy. Some rather cheap.
    So it has not been high on the demand-list. While something like the newspaper strip collection book offers something you can't easily buy or read in full from websites.
    He-Man & She-Ra fan, writer to official Dark Horse MOTU/POP books

· ToonJukka - Youtube Channel with He-Man/She-Ra videos; Origins, Trivia, Top5 lists and more!

That PlanetEternia.de guy Sir Reilly's Avatar
    I hope fans will enjoy the Character Guide supplement as much as all other books. It was a huge honor and great fun to work on it, and it indeed has a lot of content many fans around the globe wouldn't expect.
    "Why's Dragstor riding on Night Stalker?" "Cause he can."

Quote Originally Posted by Jukka View Post
    I think it's more about those golden books being very much still available to buy. Some rather cheap.
    Except for "Power from the Sky," for some reason. I just started collecting the Golden Books about a year ago and was able to get a complete set (minus PFTS) fairly cheaply, especially thanks to a flea market in my town. But that title eludes me and goes for big $$$$ on the rare occasion it pops up on eBay. I wonder if it was the last book and not many copies were made.
    Check out my on-going project: THE UNOFFICIAL MASTERS OF THE UNIVERSE CLASSICS COMPLETE COLLECTION GUIDE
    Featuring photos, bios, accessories, release dates, and trivia for every figure, beast, vehicle and playset released in Masters of the Universe Classics!

Quote Originally Posted by Wakko View Post
    Except for "Power from the Sky," for some reason. I just started collecting the Golden Books about a year ago and was able to get a complete set (minus PFTS) fairly cheaply, especially thanks to a flea market in my town. But that title eludes me and goes for big $$$$ on the rare occasion it pops up on eBay. I wonder if it was the last book and not many copies were made.
    Yeah, that's the oddball. It's very weird how that one is so much rarer.