Page 3 of 7 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast

Thread: Dark Horse - Character Guide & World Compendium SUPPLEMENTAL Guide

Virginia, United States of America, but mostly in the Hidden Land of Avalon
    Quote Originally Posted by Wakko View Post
    Except for "Power from the Sky," for some reason. I just started collecting the Golden Books about a year ago and was able to get a complete set (minus PFTS) fairly cheaply, especially thanks to a flea market in my town. But that title eludes me and goes for big $$$$ on the rare occasion it pops up on eBay. I wonder if it was the last book and not many copies were made.
    Yep the last 2 produced books were "A Hero in Need" and "Power in the Sky". For She-Ra it was "The Enchantment". Then there were the 6 hardcovers for He-Man and the 4 for She-Ra. "The Sunbird Legacy" and the 2 "Giant" Characters books were release about the same time as "The Rock Warriors" and "Secret of the Dragons Egg". That was also when the 2 He-Man VHS Golden Tapes were released. The She-Ra VHS tape was the 3rd and final one.

These titles had tapes/records:
    Caverns of Fear
    Thief of Castle Grayskull

These just had tapes:
    Sword of Skeletor
    Time Trouble
    Mask of Evil
    The Sword of She-Ra
    Glimmer of Hope
    I need help selling some items. look for my listing in the Miscellaneous Marketplace Forum. Important details in thread

I collect MOTU/POP, Transformers, Garfield the Cat, & 80's/90's Book & Tape/Record Sets. I collect VHS & DVD of 80's-00's properties and comics. My YouTube Channel titled: Feb Mon
    https://m.youtube.com/channel/UCr-M2kh33ALM2nEzcKZKNKQ

2002/DC He-Man Video guy
    Quote Originally Posted by Joebot View Post
    This may be a weird issue, but I really hope the dimensions of the book follow the Art of, World Compendium & Complete Guide formats. The Newspaper/Comic Strips book doesn't fit on my bookshelf.
    I certainly hope both "Toys of" and "Character Guide Supplemental" both will be similar size as previous Character and World Compendium and ArtOf books.
    He-Man & She-Ra fan, writer to official Dark Horse MOTU/POP books

· ToonJukka - Youtube Channel with He-Man/She-Ra videos; Origins, Trivia, Top5 lists and more!

Heroic Warrior
    The idea of this Compendium Supplemental guide is great; however, I don't like the fact that you can only get this if you buy the Toy guide from Power Con. I don't like exclusives of any sort, especially anything associated with a convention - I don't have the time or money to attend conventions, so wouldn't be able to get this there. And, ordering this sounds like it will be a lot of hassle as well.

So, while I will definitely be buying the Toy guide by itself next year, I will have to pass on the Compendium Supplemental guide. However, glad that this is coming out for those who can get this.

2002/DC He-Man Video guy
    Quote Originally Posted by man-e-faces View Post
    And, ordering this sounds like it will be a lot of hassle as well.
    Where does it sound like that?

We haven't gotten any info yet on ordering the Supplemental through Power-Con website. Is making an order via a website and shipped to your home a lot of hassle these days?

· ToonJukka - Youtube Channel with He-Man/She-Ra videos; Origins, Trivia, Top5 lists and more!

Heroic Warrior
    Quote Originally Posted by Jukka View Post
    Where does it sound like that?

We haven't gotten any info yet on ordering the Supplemental through Power-Con website. Is making an order via a website and shipped to your home a lot of hassle these days?
    I was under the impression that the only ways you could get this was by going to a convention and getting it there, or by being a member of an online site (which would require a membership fee). However, if I'm wrong & if you can get this online - as long as you don't have to join a website & paying a membership fee - then I don't mind getting it that way. I buy online all the time, and it's actually preferable to me vs. going to a brick & mortar store.
    Last edited by man-e-faces; November 27, 2019 at 05:55pm.

Quote Originally Posted by man-e-faces View Post
    I was under the impression that the only ways you could get this was by going to a convention and getting it there, or by being a member of an online site (which would require a membership fee). However, if I'm wrong & if you can get this online - as long as you don't have to join a website & paying a membership fee - then I don't mind getting it that way. I buy online all the time, and it's actually preferable to me vs. going to a brick & mortar store.
    It's just going to be sold through the Power Con website from my understanding, not at Power Con. Kind of like how they just sold the customer service stock of the Power Con Exclusive figures. No attendance at Power Con or membership fee required.

Sent from my SM-N960U using Tapatalk
    CC: 1) Lizorr, 2) Sagitar, 3) King Miro, 4) Hunga, 5) Hoove, 6) Kayo, 7) Artilla, 9) Master Sebrian, 10) MoP Demons, 11) Twiggets, 12) Raj-Jar, 13) Hans Hammerholder, 14) Staghorn, 15) Spinwit, 16) Vizar, 17) Butthead, 18) Nocturna, 19) Melaktha, 20) Vy-Por
    CG: 1) Whiplash, 2) Ram Man, 3) Leech, 4) Kobra Khan, 5) Moss Man, 6) Bow, 7) Buzz Off, 8) Multi-Bot, 9) Entrapta, 10) Webstor

Heroic Warrior
    Quote Originally Posted by wayne-klops View Post
    It's just going to be sold through the Power Con website from my understanding, not at Power Con. Kind of like how they just sold the customer service stock of the Power Con Exclusive figures. No attendance at Power Con or membership fee required.
    OK, good to know - Thanks. If this is the case, I will probably be getting this.

Bump.

Anyone know when these will go live on the Power Con site?
    Most wanted Origins figures: Mighty Spector, Fisto's Cousin's Babysitter, and Mer-Man's Seventh Grade Crush.

Quote Originally Posted by Night Stalker View Post
    Anyone know when these will go live on the Power Con site?
    Still awaiting solicitation information from Dark Horse. I know the guys are making another round of edits, and trying to get some better images of some products.

I don’t know turnaround time for publishing. Not sure how long it is from the time final files are submitted to books being printed, and shipped. Also, if these are being printed in China, then we’ve got our friendly pandemic to consider as that will likely affect production.

So, short answer? No.

I’m sure Val could speak in generalities as to timelines, though.

When the book(s) were announced at Power Con last August we were told a summer release.

It won't be out in time to be a Power-Con item. I don't know the exact release, but I think we're looking at closer to the holidays.
    Instead, it'll most likely be pre-sold via our He-Mart Shopify store.
    Hope to see you at Power-Con 2020!
    JVS3 = Val Staples = Power-Con, Event Director | He-Man.Org, Owner | Guy who has been fortunate to work on a LOT of MOTU & POP projects
    Please check out my Facebook page

Quote Originally Posted by JVS3 View Post
    It won't be out in time to be a Power-Con item. I don't know the exact release, but I think we're looking at closer to the holidays.
    Thanks for the update, Val. Looking forward to the final!
    "I wouldn't be surprised if this movie has Adam as a skinny nerd from Earth battling another skinny nerd-hacker from Earth that used an alias of Keldor. They then enter Tron-style to a cyber world called Eternia, where they control muscle-bound avatars to battle (called He-Man and Skeletor). And these same avatars come to life and continue to battle in present-day Earth." - VZX

Thanks for the update. A later release actually is better for the budget, personally, than a Power Con release.

Thanks for the update!
    Most wanted Origins figures: Mighty Spector, Fisto's Cousin's Babysitter, and Mer-Man's Seventh Grade Crush.

Any updates on how this is coming along? I totally get why the Toys book is getting the lion’s share of attention (or, Battle Cat’s share), but many of us are looking forward to this volume just as much.

2002/DC He-Man Video guy
    They are going to be sold as a set on Power-Con. Buying them together will be the only way to get the Supplemental to the Character guide.

So it's a 2-Pack of the Toy Guide ($ 60.00) and the Character Guide Supplemental ($ 20.00),
    for a total price of $ 80.00 plus S/H.

Quote Originally Posted by unclassified View Post
    So how do we get the supplement 2 pack power con version?
    We'll have more info when the time comes.

Quote Originally Posted by baileyrecords View Post
    I really hope there will be enough Power Con exclusives for everyone who wants one. I don't want to miss it but I seem to miss a lot of online sales.
    The first character guide sold really well! But, it's tough to tell how well a supplemental will sell that includes additional information discovered along with new info that has been added to the current canons since then.
    So, it's fairly limited. It may sell slow, or may sell out lightning fast. It's impossible to tell.

Keep in mind we're looking at $80.00 per set (Toy Guide and Character Guide Supplemental).

S/H won't be cheap. These would be in a big enough box to protect them adequately on all sides, and the total order is going to weigh around 10 lbs, perhaps more. But I'll use 10 for my estimate. Keep in mine the rate MIGHT go up if the total weight ends up being more.

There's also a modest fee for handling to cover the labor to pack and ship them along with the cost of packing material.
    And we always make insurance mandatory. We used to make it an option a long, long time ago and then some people would skip insurance, then raise a stink when they got a damaged item and would demand a refund despite refusing insurance. So, we prefer not to deal with that and just make insurance a must-have.

For USA orders, USPS Ground is almost the same cost of Priority. So we stick with Priority.
    Also, I'm not sure if we can do variable zone rates. So for now let's just assume we're using one flat fee for everywhere domestically.
    Thus, for Priority, I come up with $40.00.
    And for Media Mail, I come up with $15.00 (which can take up to 10 days to arrive once shipped).

International... All I can say is yikes!
    It has to go International Priority. In the one example I checked out for a package going to Germany, you're looking at around $87.00 for one order. The biggest part of that price tag is the USPS shipping cost.
    It will cost more to some other countries, including the UK and Australia.

This doesn't account for ordering more than one set. I have no idea at this time what those rates will be.
    Sorry. I know these rates stink. But we're at the mercy of what USPS charges.
    I hope this help! This gives you time to absorb the sticker shock, or judge if you want to buy them at all.

I am SUPER hyped for the Supplemental Character Guide (and the Toy Guide!) after watching the Power-Con panel. The Cover looks amazing! I hope we're told in advance when the pre-order for the bundle will go up for sale, I do not want to miss this.

Evil Master of Mechanisms HordeMonkey's Avatar
    Auckland, New Zealand (formerly South Africa)
    Super excited for this. I love the Dark Horse books and the Character Guide and World Compendium in particular. The crew did great work with that. Also jazzed for the toy guide! Can't come soon enough.

I'm in New Zealand, so shipping is gonna suck, but I want to support the books.
    Evil Simian Mechanic of the Horde!

Evil Lord of the Deadlift Larry Waters's Avatar
    I absolutely can NOT wait to add this to my MOTU library!
    Successful trades/purchases
    Squishy Duck Man, Man-E-Toys, JOAH-MAN, Jawbridge, Zuff-Man, Mern-Ra, He-Ryno, tattoojunkie74, zodak74, bigassbuzz

Heroic Master of Music baileyrecords's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Larry Waters View Post
    I absolutely can NOT wait to add this to my MOTU library!
    Agreed. Just watched the Power-Con 2020 video and it has me super excited and very nervous that I'll miss out. Lower production run than the action figures?! Yikes!!
    I am Stratos, Heroic Master of Music! and proud member of the Ohio Masters

Creator of Kaiju Kaos.

Quote Originally Posted by baileyrecords View Post
    Agreed. Just watched the Power-Con 2020 video and it has me super excited and very nervous that I'll miss out. Lower production run than the action figures?! Yikes!!
    I absolutely agree and I feel your concern. I don't want to miss out on either the Toy Guide OR Character Guide Supplement.
    "Tell me I am beautiful - it means nothing to me. Tell me I am intellectual - well, I know it already. Tell me I am funny however, and that is the greatest compliment in the world that anyone can give me".

- Julie Newmar (The Catwoman)

Do we know when we can order this yet?
    NOW DOING CHARACTER ART COMMISSIONS - PM FOR DETAILS
    DeviantArt Gallery
    Week Daze - my webcomic
    The Return to Anwat Gar

Quote Originally Posted by oICEMANo View Post
    Do we know when we can order this yet?
    No. Everyone is waiting for the solicitation by Dark Horse and news on https://thepower-con.com/ and here.
    News editor on PlanetEternia.de, the No. 1 German Masters of the Universe website
    Part of "Das HE-MANische Quartett", the No. 1 German Masters of the Universe podcast

Pixel Dan gives some early information about the upcoming, official Toy Guide & the Character Guide Supplement. Released by Dark Horse, this book combo is only available for pre-order from Power-Con starting Saturday, September 5th at 9:00am Pacific Time.

Take a look at this video from Pixel Dan which provides initial info on the books, as well as a look at the toy guide photography of the vintage Masters of the Universe Eternia play set!

Hope to see you at Power-Con 2020!
    JVS3 = Val Staples = Power-Con, Event Director | He-Man.Org, Owner | Guy who has been fortunate to work on a LOT of MOTU & POP projects
    Please check out my Facebook page

Heroic Master of Music baileyrecords's Avatar
    Pixel Dan gives some early information about the upcoming, official Toy Guide & the Character Guide Supplement. Released by Dark Horse, this book combo is only available for pre-order from Power-Con starting Saturday, September 5th at 9:00am Pacific Time.
    YES! I watched it. So excited. I'm also excited that I don't work during the opening of pre-order time so I should be good to place my order!!

I am Stratos, Heroic Master of Music! and proud member of the Ohio Masters

Creator of Kaiju Kaos.

Awesome video! Man, I really want that Eternia Playset! Come on Mattel, how about a Christmas 2021 re-release! Can't wait to order the bundle - for myself, and to support the troops! Thanks for the update!