Page 333 of 333 FirstFirst ... 233283323331332333
Results 8,301 to 8,324 of 8324

Thread: Masters of the Universe Revelation Netflix Series

38:35 - 42:40

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=DXC86WBxbu0

"The show -- we are in a place now where we get to figure out if we get to go again. 'cause everyone's like: "You gotta (expletive) go again!" And I'm like: "Well, that's up to y'all." Based on the first round of episodes things were looking very positive. Hopefully, based on, you know, dropping Part 2 and, you know, how many people finished the whole (expletive) thing and pick it up and blah blah blah -- If that's all positive, if we reach what they call efficiency, then we might get to do it again. Fingers crossed. So, watch the (expletive) out it if you want to see more and that's how we get to do it again. I hope we get to do it again." - Kevin Smith

But in other words, don't expect more any time in 2022. I kinda wish they'd already been greenlit for more and had stuff in production already. Strike while the iron is hot and all that.
    Clearing out Classics, Super7 and vintage MOTU & PoP figures... check out my threads in the Marketplace for Fisto, Sorceress, BA variants, SDCC exclusives and more!

Call Your Champion Voodoo Magic's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Tallstar View Post

"The show -- we are in a place now where we get to figure out if we get to go again. 'cause everyone's like: "You gotta (expletive) go again!" And I'm like: "Well, that's up to y'all." Based on the first round of episodes things were looking very positive. Hopefully, based on, you know, dropping Part 2 and, you know, how many people finished the whole (expletive) thing and pick it up and blah blah blah -- If that's all positive, if we reach what they call efficiency, then we might get to do it again. Fingers crossed. So, watch the (expletive) out it if you want to see more and that's how we get to do it again. I hope we get to do it again." - Kevin Smith
    So nice to see Kevin Smith feeling the love finally towards Revelation after Part Two that many of us feel, and seems wanting to do a followup. 👏

"Meanwhile, Hordak"
    ~ CALL YOUR CHAMPION ~

At best they would have a script written and the production team set up. It doesn't usually cost that much to start a script so maybe they went ahead with that. I hope that if we do get a second season and the script was already in progress that they update it based on some things they learned from season 1.

Not to start a fight because although I didn't like MOTUR season 1, it wasn't because He-Man proper was barely in it. But I would not be excited about a season two if it's all about Shadow Weaver and Teela. I want He-Man as a significant part of more than 2 episodes. And I want Hordak, competent and powerful and present. The Sorceress has always been my favorite, even over He-Man, so I have no problem with Teela being a massive part of the next season. Shadow Weaver is cool too. But I do want He-Man back, and if they are going to do a modern take on the property, I want a competent Skeletor, if he's involved in the next season.

Quote Originally Posted by Mikey View Post
    I actually love the Batman & Robin movie, especially Batgirl!
    Sorry!!! Happy you love it though!

Note: I personally love it too (but for all the wrong reasons)
    ~ CALL YOUR CHAMPION ~

I do think Gellar is a problem though and should be replaced.

I have to wonder. Will people go nuts if He-Man gets infected by motherboard and is evil for a few episodes?

I'd take it even further. If anyone is a fan of Star Trek: Next Generation they'll know that Captain Picard was infected by the Borg and unwillingly killed people, then struggled with that pain and guilt of doing so after escaping the Borg's control. It was really compelling narrative. I would LOVE something like that explored in a Revelation Season Two... but I can see those YouTube media influencers now... KEVIN SMITH MADE HE-MAN A MURDERER! lol

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Adam_Prince of Eternia View Post
    Grayskull was correct, no Champion has chosen his lesser form in Preternia, and that includes Adam.
    Well, when King Grayskull told Teela no great champion had ever chosen their lesser self, he did follow that up with "until Adam".... but I must admit, your perspective is just as compelling. Maybe even more!
    ~ CALL YOUR CHAMPION ~

Quote Originally Posted by Voodoo Magic View Post
    I have to wonder. Will people go nuts if He-Man gets infected by motherboard and is evil for a few episodes?

I'd take it even further. If anyone is a fan of Star Trek: Next Generation they'll know that Captain Picard was infected by the Borg and unwillingly killed people, then struggled with that pain and guilt of doing so after escaping the Borg's control. It was really compelling narrative. I would LOVE something like that explored in a Revelation Season Two... but I can see those YouTube media influencers now... KEVIN SMITH MADE HE-MAN A MURDERER! lol

- - - Updated - - -

Well when King Grayskull told Teela no great champion had ever chosen their lesser self, he did follow that up with "until Adam".... but I must admit, your perspective is just as compelling. Maybe even more!
    I would be fine with that. But it depends on how they pull it off, if it's just a couple of episodes and we get a good amount of time of He-Man being a hero, being the guy we know, maybe even evolving into an even greater hero than the guy we knew. I don't want season after season of them dancing around showing He-Man proper. But that's just what I want. It's not my show to run. I'll still buy the toys

My friend is a big Trek fan. I watched an episode of Deep Space Nine with her. I don't remember all the details but a lot of the crew had turned on each other due to some infection or something (maybe it was a virus). That was a cool storyline.

I hope they bring Preternia back somehow.
    "Everything comes to he who waits."

Four minutes? Only four minutes of MOTU talk in a 3-hour, 15-minute podcast? He's treating MOTU like a marginal side-gig at this point. It's been a week, the episode commentaries clearly aren't happening either.

Heroic Warrior
    Quote Originally Posted by VZX View Post
    The destroyed afterlife or the "real" Preternia?

Quote Originally Posted by Mach5 View Post
    Four minutes? Only four minutes of MOTU talk in a 3-hour, 15-minute podcast? He's treating MOTU like a marginal side-gig at this point. It's been a week, the episode commentaries clearly aren't happening either.
    Maybe it's part of his contract with Netflix andhe already can't talk about it.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by JSElshoff View Post
    The destroyed afterlife or the "real" Preternia?
    Why not both?
    This is Masters of the universe after all a little time travel seems to be in order to save the day.

Quote Originally Posted by smanomega View Post
    Maybe it's part of his contract with Netflix andhe already can't talk about it.
    I seriously doubt Netflix would contractually obligate Kevin Smith to NOT promote the show.

The general lack of promotion has been rather deafening, tbh. There's barely anything out there and the buzz has been exactly zero.

Quote Originally Posted by Mach5 View Post
    My guess is that he is talking about it less now due to all of the blacklash from Part 1. Anything that he said in defending the show, explaining it, etc. even after it came out was ripped apart, misinterpreted, and blown out of proportion by the detractors on youtube, etc.

He can't win either way, so there isn't much point in putting in the effort.

Quote Originally Posted by Dynamo of Eternia View Post
    My guess is that he is talking about it less now due to all of the blacklash from Part 1. Anything that he said in defending the show, explaining it, etc. even after it came out was ripped apart, misinterpreted, and blown out of proportion by the detractors on youtube, etc.
    It's not helping, though. The show needs publicity.

Über Fan Adam_Prince of Eternia's Avatar
    Well, when King Grayskull told Teela no great champion had ever chosen their lesser self, he did follow that up with "until Adam".... but I must admit, your perspective is just as compelling. Maybe even more!
    That is why he was wrong and right at the same time.

Quote Originally Posted by Dynamo of Eternia View Post

He can't win either way, so there isn't much point in putting in the effort.
    Yeah, I can't personally blame the man for not going the extra mile anymore, above and beyond whatever he was contracted to do. And I can't stand how he's been treated by so many.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by VZX View Post
    I have a feeling we will see the return of Preternia, nor have we seen the last of King Grayskull!

~ CALL YOUR CHAMPION ~

With everyone going up to "Heaven" at the end, isn't it implied that Preternia came back?

Quote Originally Posted by zodak74 View Post
    But in other words, don't expect more any time in 2022. I kinda wish they'd already been greenlit for more and had stuff in production already. Strike while the iron is hot and all that.
    Yes, that is crucial. Even if Netflix were to approve a second season today, we wouldn't see anything until summer 2023. Who knows what the general state of MOTU will be at that point.

I grow more pessimistic about the show's renewal every day.

Quote Originally Posted by Krueger View Post
    With everyone going up to "Heaven" at the end, isn't it implied that Preternia came back?
    By everyone, do you mean Dark-Lyn's army? We assume they were all being pulled back to Subternia, including Orco that was bound there (until Lyn was able to put a stop to it).
    ~ CALL YOUR CHAMPION ~

Heroic Podcaster
    333 pages of discussion about Revelations. Incredible.

If it had just been a show about the same old, same old He-Man and Skeletor fight over the sword and Grayskull, this thread is maybe, MAYBE, 20 pages long.

Love it or hate it or anywhere in between, Revelations got people talking about MOTU again and that has to be counted as a success, regardless of the vocal, yet small, professional outrage mob on YouTube.
    THE VINTAGE-TO-CLASSICS COUNTDOWN IS COMPLETE!!!

Quote Originally Posted by SunDevil View Post
    333 pages of discussion about Revelations. Incredible.

If it had just been a show about the same old, same old He-Man and Skeletor fight over the sword and Grayskull, this thread is maybe, MAYBE, 20 pages long.

Love it or hate it or anywhere in between, Revelations got people talking about MOTU again and that has to be counted as a success, regardless of the vocal, yet small, professional outrage mob on YouTube.
    Well the discussion happens and continues when there's a disagreement. If we all loved it there wouldn't be as much to discuss.

I'm a person who is unhappy with what we got but still wants it to be as successful as possible.
    "A fool always finds a greater fool to admire him."

By everyone, do you mean Dark-Lyn's army? We assume they were all being pulled back to Subternia, including Orco that was bound there (until Lyn was able to put a stop to it).
    I've only seen Part 2 once, granted, but wasn't the impression given that Teela basically undid everything "Dark Lyn" did?

If it's all positive? Isn't this the guy who kept telling us that negativity doesn't matter, Kevin this is amazing for the show, Netflix has a gazillion subscribers ergo it doesn't care if we didn't like it and so on and so on? Now he suddenly is all 'stream it again and again and watch it till the end if you want to get more, wink wink'?

What I hear from this is "Part 2 didn't do nearly as well as Part 1, and that's your fault for not watching it." Which is true, in a way, but what you need to ask yourself Kevin, is WHY people who watched Part 1 didn't watch Part 2.

I made an attempt at a webcomic once. About 13 chapters (issues). My first chapter was read by 150 people. The 13th chapter was read by 12 people. Do you know what this means, Kevin?

It means people didn't like the 1st chapter/issue and didn't stick around for the next ones. And that's entirely on me, not them.