Page 81 of 81 FirstFirst ... 3171798081
Results 2,001 to 2,005 of 2005

Thread: Masters of the Universe Revelation Netflix Series

Quote Originally Posted by Nikolaidas View Post
    When people think of MotU, they think of Prince Adam shouting I HAVE THE POWER!!!
    For some this true.

But, not for the little girl who tuned in every afternoon to see Teela and the Sorceress. Or, the little boy whose parents could only afford to buy him Buzz-Off who, thus became the 'face of the franchise' for him. Or, even those weirdos ( ) who only loved Orko and Cringer's interactions.

Heck, for the mini comics fans, Prince Adam wasn't even a thing for some time...

Different people think of different things when they think of MOTU.
    We need the POWER of the GOOD and the WAY of the MAGIC !!!

**Staunch FILMation lover!!! **** Uber NEW ADVENTURES Fan!!!**

>>Looking forward to the Netflix Era<<

Heroic Warrior
    Quote Originally Posted by Ornclown View Post
    For some this true.

But, not for the little girl who tuned in every afternoon to see Teela and the Sorceress. Or, the little boy whose parents could only afford to buy him Buzz-Off who, thus became the 'face of the franchise' for him. Or, even those weirdos ( ) who only loved Orko and Cringer's interactions.

Heck, for the mini comics fans, Prince Adam wasn't even a thing for some time...

Different people think of different things when they think of MOTU.
    I'm thinking that since the show is called Masters of the Universe Revelation and not He-Man and the Masters of the Universe Revelation that we will get some much needed character development on at least some of the other characters, like we got much needed character development on the other princesses and Bow in She-Ra Princesses of Power. That would be my preference, though I completely understand that some people might disagree.

It's incredible that no one pays attention to Kevin latest podcast , he was so clear .
    The people just pay attention to those crap clickbait pages

Quote Originally Posted by Ornclown View Post
    I understand this.

A similar situation (not as severe) surrounded the release of the MYP show, and many of those fears were put to rest early on... (until some of the Snakemen decisions.)

I think that with so much going on in the world, BLM, MeToo, LGBTQ+ rights, etc., it has become a much different place socially than when MotU 200X was released (and definitely when the Jetlag show first aired) and everyone wants to protect one of their most beloved childhood experiences, i.e. HM&TMOTU.

After Kevin Smith noted the minicomics and shut down Clownfish, I feel pretty good about Revelation's prospects.
    yeah and as other's said, Mattel is ultimately running the show and won't let things happen they don't want and there are fellow fans/org members working on the show as show runners so I think there are enough good people at the top to make it a success.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Dice View Post
    "So basically we're waiting for Teela to lift the power sword, say "I have the power;DEAL with it!"

"She definitely better be wearing her one piece bikini suit and have long pretty hair otherwise this show is crap!!"

"He-Man needs to be in the whole episode, every episode, start to finish. The way he was in the cartoon."

"I haven't seen the show but if it doesn't go the way I personally think it should, it's definitely going to flop."

Does this cover the overall worries people have?
    seems about right lol except they think Teela will say "I have the GIRL Power" and then start making out with evil lyn and saying "I don't need no man and neither do any of your kids!"
    cogito ergo doleo

Quote Originally Posted by heavy-eternium View Post
    It's incredible that no one pays attention to Kevin latest podcast , he was so clear .
    The people just pay attention to those crap clickbait pages
    The thing is, his word choice still leaves some things open to ambiguity, and people who like to hyper-analyze things can still find plenty of holes in what he said.

What he said was, "The show is all about He-Man." What he did NOT say, was "He-Man is an actual, physical presence in most of the episodes, and we spend a lot of time seeing him onscreen doing stuff."

If that is indeed the case, that's what he should have said because that's what Those People wanted to hear and won't stop being nervous until they hear it or see it for themselves.

"The show is all about He-Man" still leaves a lot wide open. It can be "about" him in the abstract without him being on-screen for huge chunks of time, in which case some of those people will still be annoyed. If he's physically absent but other characters still talk about him, or his actions create a situation the other characters have to then deal with (without him being there), it's still "about He-Man" but it won't do anything to assuage those specific people's fears.

It's like Zack Snyder's Justice League; it's technically "about Superman", he's the first thing you see, his death sets the entire plot in motion, his resurrection drives the second half and he's the Deus Ex Machina at the very end, more or less. And everyone else spends a ton of time talking about him, so he's a presence even when he's not onscreen. But his screen time is literally just minutes out of a four-hour movie; everything he does is important, and without him the story literally cannot happen... but that didn't work for everyone. It worked for me, but there were plenty of other Superman fans who felt like they were left wanting.

That's what I think people are afraid of happening with "Revelation", and why they're not assuaged by Smith saying "It's literally all about He-Man." If it's "all about He-Man" more in the "spiritual" sense than the physical sense, and he's absent for most of the series and his "presence" is people talking about him or whatever... that's definitely not going to be enough to satisfy those people who are annoyed or showing concern.

And what Smith said still leaves a lot of wiggle room. He did not say, "He-Man is onscreen a lot." And that's what some people insist on hearing before they un-clench. In fact, his specific word choice seems very deliberate, as if it's to leave things open for plausible deniability if indeed He-Man doesn't have a lot of screen time. "I said it was ABOUT him, I didn't say he was constantly onscreen!" I can definitely see that coming to pass.

Not saying that's what I expect, just saying it would not surprise me at all.
    Last edited by Rikki Roxx; Yesterday at 09:04pm.
    My matches, toy reviews, promos and more are on YouTube here: https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCxr...awnHgDz1ceDcfA