Page 365 of 404 FirstFirst ... 265315355363364365366367375 ... LastLast
Results 9,101 to 9,125 of 10077

Thread: Masters of the Universe Revelation Netflix Series

Call Your Champion Voodoo Magic's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by smanomega View Post
    What this show did for many character developments over a period of 10 episodes is incredible . Even if cartoons were meant to be viewed in a certain order back then. We wouldn't have gotten anything close to this in just 10 episodes. There was so little done with over a hundred..
    Agreed.

And I personally find the complaint over the lack of He-Man so silly. It's long-form storytelling! It's like complaining that a single He-Man form wasn't in every single chapter of a MOTU Novel (never mind that you get a lot of discussion in those chapters about He-Man, flashbacks of He-Man, Fear He-Man, Savage He-Man, and a ton of Adam where one must concede Adam and He-Man are the same person.)
    - - - - -
    FOR ETERNIA Podcast
    Masters of the Universe Podcast

ForEternia.com
    Masters of the Universe: Revelation Fan Site

- - - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Mikey View Post
    Hey Ornclown, I tried to send you a PM but your box is full! I had an idea...and I thought I would share it with you.

I was just thinking, with Jukka's book on MYP MOTU and all the various books about the Classic MOTU/POP lore, and the Netflix shows, someone should write a book on New Adventures Of He-Man, and ideally that someone should be you as you have a knowledge and passion for NA and it would be awesome. I would buy it!

Cheers, Mikey

I'm interested in anyone who is Writing New Lore for The New Adventures of He-man.. I feel that property could use a update! Let me know of anyone working on something.

Quote Originally Posted by he-ron View Post
    I'm interested in anyone who is Writing New Lore for The New Adventures of He-man.. I feel that property could use a update! Let me know of anyone working on something.
    I'm feeling like New Adventures could use some Revelation treatment! *wink* *wink*

Kevin Smith? Rob David? You guys reading this??
    We need the POWER of the GOOD and the WAY of the MAGIC !!!

**Staunch FILMation lover!!! **** Uber NEW ADVENTURES Fan!!!**

>>Glad supporter of the Netflix Era<<

Quote Originally Posted by Voodoo Magic View Post
    Oy, I lost brain cells reading this post. Did you even really watch the show?
    I wish I hadn't but yes, I did.

Adam does NOT start "joking" with Skeletor at all during this scene. Not once. Not at all. And Adam laughs once, a mocking laugh, that makes Skeletor uneasy and stop laughing, because he doesn't know what's about to be unleashed.
    WHY does he start laughing? It is out of character and completely comes out of nowhere and just kills a dramatic scene. It is simply, not the realistic reaction Adam should have in this situation where he and his friends are about to die, and instead of just quickly transforming before Skeletor can stop him, he starts the whole "Silly Skeletor, Power-Os are not for you!"

Skeletor didn't kill Adam twice. Skeletor stabbed him, yes, we can say he tried, but it was a wound which Teela healed, and Adam ultimately chose to die, absorbing the blast of the orb that Skeletor cracked, yes, but he chose to save everyone else.
    And the enemy of my enemy is my friend is a commonly used literary trope. It's done in many shows and films, and was even done in the Filmation series.
    He sure did. If Teela did not suddenly develop healing powers, he would have died. Skeletor INTENDED to murder him.
    Which, again, is something that goes completely against what Kevin wants to establish in the show later, that Skeletor does NOT want to kill He-Man, that his existence is dependent on him constantly fighting him (again, because he is a poor copy of Joker here). So why did he stab Adam, and then later almost kill him with his zombie-fog several times? Again, perfect example of bad writing.

And here's the root of it. 200X fans versus Revelation. Well if Revelation gets canceled prematurely due to a lack of public interest to sustain it, they will both have something in common.
    I would dislike this show even if 200X had never existed and I had only seen Filmation and New Adventures. It has to do with bad writing and tonal whiplash. Suicide Squad (the James Gunn one) suffered also from this. You CAN do something that is funny and dark at the same time, but it takes talent, like Edgar Wright and Simon Pegg in Hot Fuzz, to do it.
    And LOL, public interest? 200X was cancelled due to poor toy sales and bad time slots - the same thing that killed 2011 Thundercats, and partially CN was to blame for that (they want to kill off every not-home-made show, which is why now they don't have anything else).

And trust me, Revelation is already cancelled, after such a poor reception, Netflix would be stupid to invest in this. This isn't like Castlevania, where the first season had an overwhelmingly positive reception, and then it went on for 3 more despite how the show got increasingly worse and worse, because that initial momentum kept it going. Here, the reception was negative from the get-go.

Quote Originally Posted by jibernish View Post
    I think this is part of why I didn't like the show - that Smith and co. were playing both sides at once. Trying to make it more serious, adult, mature, but also being jokey, corny, silly. The way they did that didn't work for me. It could work. David Lynch for example is both funny and terrifying in the same movie, even in the same scene (and admittedly he doesn't work for everyone), but Smith and Co. didn't pull it off for me. Seems like they did for a significant portion of the audience though.

Whether Adam was joking with Skeletor after all those terrible things you mentioned or not, the scene was not serious enough for me given the things that have happened. Adam's attitude didn't match the situation. Which is fine if you are doing the Filmation-type show where nothing ever gets that dark. But MOTUR gets really dark, so for me, you can't just cut to fisting jokes, as-if ploys to be fun and witty, and then back to dark on a whim.

When the Sorceress dies, I need some time to process that with the characters on screen. I didn't get that.
    Thanks! Exactly that. It is just a tone deaf style of writing. It can be done even in cartoons, as you said, to be both funny and terrifying. I mean, Batman Beyond: Return of the Joker again, when we see the flashback to what Joker has done to Tim Drake and he starts making jokes about Batman's identity (which he learned). All this undercut by how he basically tortured and brainwashed a CHILD. You almost laugh at his jokes and then you realize these are jokes told by an inhuman monster.
    Last edited by BB Shockwave; January 25, 2022 at 07:02am.

@BB Shockwave Is what you're responding to maybe two months old? Maybe three? I don't even remember when, nor all the details & minutiae of the conversation to respond properly.

And to clarify the definition of killed, if you get stabbed and healed before dying you're not killed. When Teela says "we have to stop the bleeding" then magically heals him, he's not killed. A victim of attempted murder? Sure. But not killed. So Skeletor only killed Adam once.
    - - - - -
    FOR ETERNIA Podcast

ForEternia.com

- - - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Ornclown View Post
    I'm feeling like New Adventures could use some Revelation treatment! *wink* *wink*
    Yes!

No...

Quote Originally Posted by Ornclown View Post

I absolutely agree with you Ornclown! I would love to see updated versions of the NA characters, especially Tuskador.
    "Tell me I am beautiful - it means nothing to me. Tell me I am intellectual - well, I know it already. Tell me I am funny however, and that is the greatest compliment in the world that anyone can give me".

- Julie Newmar (The Catwoman)

I don't know if Pixel Dan has any insider info from Mattel or someone else or is just speculating, but he did tweet this:
    https://mobile.twitter.com/PixelDan/...01476817731590

As of now, I don't believe that's happening.
    It seems like we are overdue to hear something. Animation takes time. The ideal time to renew would have been after Part 1 debuted, but it must not have been a big enough debut (or the drop off between earlier episodes and later episodes viewed was drastic) for them not to renew quickly and wait for Part 2's performance. Part 2 obviously didn't do as well as Part 1. Kevin Smith basically said Part 2 had to perform as well as Part 1.

Yikes.....

Quote Originally Posted by Firefly View Post
    I don't know if Pixel Dan has any insider info from Mattel or someone else or is just speculating, but he did tweet this:

It seems like we are overdue to hear something. Animation takes time. The ideal time to renew would have been after Part 1 debuted, but it must not have been a big enough debut (or the drop off between earlier episodes and later episodes viewed was drastic) for them not to renew quickly and wait for Part 2's performance. Part 2 obviously didn't do as well as Part 1. Kevin Smith basically said Part 2 had to perform as well as Part 1.

Wow, imagine that.

Heroic Warrior
    With Revelation not coming back and it seeming that the comics are dead, I have a feeling this might be it for me with MOTU stuff that isn't toys. I also couldn't get into the CGI show. Idk, if Origins ends, I think I'm done collecting.

Idk, the live action She-Ra show has next to no chance of being good, same with the movie.

- - - Updated - - -

Well, collecting MOTU. With the upcoming price increases, I'm already gonna have to cherry pick lines I collect. Like, Star Wars Black Series is apparently gonna go up to thirty per figure, which is insane.

Revelation was a flop, so not a big surprise it was a one and done. Would have liked the comics to continue though. Still never got satisfaction about the Orlax.

Heroic Warrior

I really hope this isn’t true. So odd that the CGI show moves forward. Don’t get me wrong I liked it for what it is but MOTUR is much closer to the source material in my opinion. Again MOTUR is not perfect but I do like it more than the CGI. I really want to see both succeed as it is good for the brand.

Strange that the CGI show has a 6.0 on IMDb from only 1.4k and MOTUR at a slightly lower 5.2 but off of 27k scores. Also weird that not a single episode is rated at or below the overall 5.2 that MOTUR. Heck 8 of 10 episodes have a score of 6.0 or higher.
    Last edited by dzathamza; January 26, 2022 at 10:11pm.

I’m amazed at the number of “fans” that would rather see a brand/toyline die than just accept that they didn’t care for it, but others might.

If Mattel gives up on it this time, we’re not getting anything else in our lifetime, and when we’re dead and gone, so too will be MOTU.

A rising tide floats all boats… the more exposure to the brand, the stronger it will be and the more people will buy in.

Instead, we got supposed fans that chose to personally attack Kevin Smith and others because the show didn’t fit their perception of what a modern MOTU show should have been.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Masters of the Universe Revelation Netflix Series

Not sure why it posted twice
    Last edited by mizterfish; January 26, 2022 at 09:55pm.

Pixel Dan: As of now, I don't believe that's happening.

"As of now?" "I don't believe? This is the most noncommittal statement I've ever read.

"As of now" means tomorrow can be different. "I believe" means he thinks but doesn't know for certain.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by sirsniffy View Post
    Revelation was a flop, so not a big surprise it was a one and done. Would have liked the comics to continue though. Still never got satisfaction about the Orlax.
    Of course you have no evidence it's a "flop", rather you just want it to be a flop. I have no evidence it was a success either, but the fact that it wasn't quickly terminated by Netflix like Cowboy Bebop probably means it's a good thing in regards to Revelation being some degree of a success, regardless of what happens. Kevin Smith indicating Netflix hadn't still decided long after Season Two hit certainly doesn't suggest it was a flop, or there would be nothing for Netflix to think about or consider.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by dzathamza View Post
    I really hope this isn’t true. So odd that the CGI show moves forward.
    The initial order for the CG show was 26 episodes. Even if it's not doing well in regards to viewership, we'll get a Season Two & Three this year regardless.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by mizterfish View Post
    Instead, we got supposed fans that chose to personally attack Kevin Smith and others because the show didn’t fit their perception of what a modern MOTU show should have been.
    Sad isn't it.
    - - - - -
    FOR ETERNIA Podcast

ForEternia.com

- - - - -

Yeah, this might just be pure speculation.

Quote Originally Posted by sirsniffy View Post
    Maybe for you...
    We need the POWER of the GOOD and the WAY of the MAGIC !!!

**Staunch FILMation lover!!! **** Uber NEW ADVENTURES Fan!!!**

>>Glad supporter of the Netflix Era<<

Heroic Warrior Grayskull Guardsman's Avatar
    Didn't Mattel heavily hint at some sort of New Eternia media at Power-Con? Maybe a new show?

We know the live-action Netflix movie is in pre-production and filming is supposed to kick off this Summer in New Mexico. I have someone on the inside who will be on the payroll and hope to provide as many details as they feel comfortable to offer!
    - - - - -
    FOR ETERNIA Podcast

ForEternia.com

- - - - -

It's been obvious for a while. Where there's smoke, there's fire. Online people sank this show with their relentless negativity.

Universal should just straight up make new Filmation episodes to shut up them up.

We know the live-action Netflix movie is in pre-production and filming is supposed to kick off this Summer in New Mexico. I have someone on the inside who will be on the payroll and hope to provide as many details as they feel comfortable to offer!
    I am absolutely looking forward to the MOTU movie, and I still have hope for more MOTU Revelation and CGI MOTU.
    "Tell me I am beautiful - it means nothing to me. Tell me I am intellectual - well, I know it already. Tell me I am funny however, and that is the greatest compliment in the world that anyone can give me".

- Julie Newmar (The Catwoman)

For all we know, maybe Netflix and Mattel have an agreement where Netflix has to wait until such and such date to announce a cancellation in order to not negatively affect Masterverse toy sales.

There could be any number of reasons why Netflix isn't announcing their plans, whether they are canceling it or ordering another season. Mattel has been unnecessarily secretive about their plans for their toy lines forever, so I could 100% believe that a new season has been ordered and they don't want Hasbro to know for some silly, paranoid reason. ToyGuru talks about how crazy conservative their legal department is, so I don't think lack of an announcement means anything.

That being said, I think it was very responsible of PixelDan to make a noncommittal statement. Even if he knew something for sure, plans change last minute all the time. I trust him, he heard something, he's sharing it, and he's saying things could change.

A few people here have rooted for no season 2, but most of here who didn't like the show haven't gone that far. I'm not rooting against it. The only thing I've said on the matter is that I hope future moves or shows don't pick up the things MOTUR brought to the mythos.

That being said, I think it was very responsible of PixelDan to make a noncommittal statement. Even if he knew something for sure, plans change last minute all the time.
    Not sure plans change in regards to a cancelation. Once they cancel it, board-room meeting over, the execs don't come back in two weeks and uncancel it.
    - - - - -
    FOR ETERNIA Podcast

ForEternia.com

- - - - -

Not sure plans change in regards to a cancelation. Once they cancel it, board-room meeting over, the execs don't come back in two weeks and uncancel it.
    Sometimes a series finds a new home. But even within the same studio, exec's get promoted or replaced and decisions can be changed when a new regime takes over.
    Films go through development hell all the time. It's on. Its off, it's on again. A person connected with the film leaves and its off. Someone else gets attached and its on. I know this isn't a movie, but it's made by a studio that also makes movies, I'm sure some of which have had a roller coaster development cycle.

I'm not saying it will happen here, just that Pixel Dan's statement leaves room for that, and I think that's the more responsible way to say something unlike all those rumor mills.

Sometimes a series finds a new home. But even within the same studio, exec's get promoted or replaced and decisions can be changed when a new regime takes over.
    Films go through development hell all the time. It's on. Its off, it's on again. A person connected with the film leaves and its off. Someone else gets attached and its on. I know this isn't a movie, but it's made by a studio that also makes movies, I'm sure some of which have had a roller coaster development cycle.

I'm not saying it will happen here, just that Pixel Dan's statement leaves room for that, and I think that's the more responsible way to say something unlike all those rumor mills.
    A film in development hell is completely irrelevant as a comparison to an established series getting a season two where contracts are almost always in place with Season Two options.

Also, this is a lot of mental gymnastics and rare what-ifs to suggest Pixel Dan using noncommittal phrases like "as of now" and "I believe" is good to share information. Heck, we say "I believe" all the time in place of "I know" in these threads... because we don't know! And when talent behind a show talks about their show being cancelled, none of them say "It was cancelled... as of now" Because what you're speaking of is so rare.

Really a better post would be... (if he actually knows something concrete)

"From what I've been hearing, there won't be another season."

Boom. Not specific but clear, concise and easy for fans to unpack and extrapolate. And it's not a declarative statement.
    - - - - -
    FOR ETERNIA Podcast

ForEternia.com

- - - - -