Page 214 of 281 FirstFirst ... 114164204212213214215216224264 ... LastLast
Results 5,326 to 5,350 of 7003

Thread: Masters of the Universe Revelation Netflix Series

The more opinions I read about the show the more valid criticism I see and realize it was a recipe for disaster.

Masters of the Universe Revelation Netflix Series

Quote Originally Posted by Mark M View Post
    That's the thing though, there really hasn't been many well crafted time travel stories at least in my opinion.
    Youíve clearly never seen Primer (2004).

What about back to the future? Great time travel stories.

AND what about Groundhog Day? Itís effectively a time travel story. If you say you donít like that, youíre going on ignore!
    Last edited by ProteinNerd; July 26, 2021 at 10:44pm.

Quote Originally Posted by Firefly View Post
    How many seasons before Evil-Lyn releases the Horde or Snakemen?
    Maybe in season 2 although I guess the real question is who would we see first?
    Princesses of Power enthusiast

Heroic Warrior
    Quote Originally Posted by ProteinNerd View Post
    I watched it a second time and apart from episode 1, I just donít like it. Luckily I still have 200x the comics and mini comics so itís not the end of the universe

Sure parts were good but overall I just find the main protagonist completely unlikeable. Itís a mixture of how she is written, the non existent arc, she doesnít develop at all, she just stays mad for years apparently and the delivery by SMG is pretty lacklustre.

So. Teela grew up with Prince Adam. They were portrayed as love interests in god only knows how many iterations of this show. So basically you have two people who have grown so close but to only find out the one has been lying to you about the biggest secret in the universe. Pretty intense if you ask me!

Thatís like me coming home one day and finding out that my wife is bi-sexual walk-in in on her with another woman but never being invited to the party! That would suck! And honestly even thatís not in the same spectrum.

I do not blame Teela for getting so upset about this that it basically destroys her. I mean. Thatís the kind of crap that sends people to therapy for life

Widget
    I enjoyed the heck out of this. The animation is pretty darn good and I found most of the voice acting really well done. I really liked that Man-at-Arms kicked some butt, and I loved what they did with Tri-Klops as it thoroughly amused me. The only things I didn't like were Randor flaking out and that some classic characters have been left out so far.

Court Magician
    So i'm really confused about the continuity of this show, and that's mainly due to the Revelations prequel comic that came out.

In the show, it seems as though this was the order of events:

-Elders of Eternia forge the sword of power with the Trollan, somehow getting the light and the dark halves themselves.
    -Elders also create the Hall of Wisdom
    -Once forged, they give the sword to King Grayskull, who was the first champion to wield it
    -Because he did such a good job they named the Castle after him
    -He fought alongside He-Ro against the Horde, and eventually He-Ro gets the sword. They seem to be contemporaries but have no relation
    -Other champions eventually get the sword until it passes to Adam - no reason as to why someone is chosen is given
    -No blood relation is hinted at between Adam or any of the other champions (he never says "my ancestors" or the like)

But in the comic

-Castle Grayskull (Hall of Wisdom) was Grayskull's to begin with
    -Grayskull hunted down both pieces of the sword and then was the one who forged it together
    -He-Ro was his direct pale-skinned, blue-eyed son
    -Adam is Grayskull's direct blood descendant

This seems to set up some inconsistencies, especially if they are jettisoning the idea that the champion needs to be part of the bloodline of Grayskull. I'm not sure where this is going.

Quote Originally Posted by Dynamo of Eternia View Post
    My guess is because Evil-Lyn is a strong in wielding magic. In terms of the main and secondary cast of MOTU heroic characters, the only ones who really wield magic are He-Man (via the sword, and he's dead at this point), The Sorcress (who needs help in this instance), Orko (who is with Duncan and almost about to die without magic), and technically Teela, since she is the Sorceress's daughter. But Teela doesn't know that, has yet to discover her magic, and while the Sorceress perhaps would have told her everything and called on her for help, she's off on her own after the falling out she had with everyone at the end of the first episode.
    For real. I really don't see how some people aren't getting this.

Someone elsewhere tried to point out how the one scene where Sorceress, Teela and Evil-Lyn were the focus of the scene was "proof" that the show was all about pushing women at the expense of diminishing the men. Where anyone who knows anything would look at it and be like, "Okay, they're trying to save magic. Sorceress is THE most powerful magic-wielder on Eternia. Evil-Lyn would be the SECOND most-powerful, since Skeletor is "dead". And Teela is Sorceress's daughter and destined to take her place one day." So like, given the mission of restoring magic to Eternia, why would those characters NOT unite due to their common interest (or in Evil-Lyn's case, self-interest)?

Some things are as clear as a blue sky on a summer's day but some people just can't see what's right in front of them and it's kinda getting to me.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by tnktrk View Post
    Can't wait to see the SilverHawks reboot and how that will be savaged.

I guess the "good" part would be that only about 20 people care about SilverHawks and so the screeching will be nowhere near as loud or persistent.

Kidding! Mostly.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Adam_Prince of Eternia View Post
    It is also a matter of survival. He is now the most powerful man in the universe. She will not be able to stop him in a one-on-one confrontation at this time. She needs to live to fight another day, and find an indirect way to defeat him.
    I don't know which side Evil-Lyn will ultimately fall on, but I do think she was very strongly contemplating a full-blown face turn until she saw what Skeletor did.

The little shrug she gave when she saw Adam bleeding out and her "Might as well go with the winning team" play was so on-point for her character. I loved it.

In just about any canon, she's motivated by self-interest more than any sense of loyalty. But it will be interesting to see where it goes. Maybe Orko got through to her after all? Should be really fun to watch her story play out in the second half.
    My matches, toy reviews, promos and more are on YouTube here: https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCxr...awnHgDz1ceDcfA

Heroic Warrior
    Quote Originally Posted by Zukny View Post
    So. Teela grew up with Prince Adam. They were portrayed as love interests in god only knows how many iterations of this show. So basically you have two people who have grown so close but to only find out the one has been lying to you about the biggest secret in the universe. Pretty intense if you ask me!

Thatís like me coming home one day and finding out that my wife is bi-sexual walk-in in on her with another woman but never being invited to the party! That would suck! And honestly even thatís not in the same spectrum.

I do not blame Teela for getting so upset about this that it basically destroys her. I mean. Thatís the kind of crap that sends people to therapy for life
    She's a captain of the guard, she should be a person that understands the situation.

Heroic Warrior

She went from learning that her friend and possible love interest *died* to 'screw you all, I throw everything I worked for and all the people in my live away" in literarlly 30 seconds. In front of the parents who just learned they lost their only son.

How is that "believable" story telling. That's just messed up and lazy. It happened because Smith needed it to for his story and he didn't take or maybe he didn't have the time to do it properly. So we get this sub 1minute complete implosion of charatcers that doesn't parse as "human behavior". Well for most people.

Heroic Warrior
    Quote Originally Posted by Rikki Roxx View Post

I guess the "good" part would be that only about 20 people care about SilverHawks and so the screeching will be nowhere near as loud or persistent.

Kidding! Mostly.

- - - Updated - - -

No need to kid. Silverhawks as far as I remember never reached the same heights as Thundercats. It even had trouble releasing on DVD during that whole 'everything on DVD' phase. There was a gap of 3/4 years between vol 1 & 2, and volume 2 released thru Warner's MOD program. And the series only had 65 ep; half of what Thundercats did. But that won't stop the reboot getting trashed, if it doesn' meet 'certain' expectations, and proclaiming the origanal was such a shakespearing vision of life of the future.

And then there's Tigesharks...
    Last edited by tnktrk; July 27, 2021 at 01:30am.

I know I watched it, but I remember nothing.

My most vivid SilverHawks memory is that I had one of those sparkly stickers of the hot chick. Otherwise, nada.

I'll probably get the DVDs one day but I'm kind of afraid to watch it. I'unno, we'll see.
    My matches, toy reviews, promos and more are on YouTube here: https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCxr...awnHgDz1ceDcfA

Dynasty Masters Universe DynastyMasters's Avatar
    Will Teela get angry again when she is told she is the Sorceress' daughter, and will she refuse to take the Sorceress' place in Grayskull?
    DYNASTY AND THE MASTERS OF THE UNIVERSE
    http://www.dynastyandthemastersofthe...e.blogspot.com

Heroic Warrior
    She'll get sooo mad not only will she reject them and the world, she'll shave her head completely bald, get facial tattoos, body piercings, and trick out a sand shark with brand new hydraulics and mad rims.

Heroic sculptor of toys Battle_Brak's Avatar
    I get the feeling that a lot of people who find the response of Randor and Teela to the revelation and Adam dying really haven’t experienced a high level of sudden family tragedy. I’ve had family members stop talking for years over far more trivial things. Their response was perhaps not consistent with the saccharin and unrealistic personalities of the original cartoon but it certainly rings true to me. I’d imagine anyone who’s been through similar can relate as well.

I almost feel like when people heard it would be a more mature take on the property they just took that to mean it would be more risquť, more violent, and have cursing or something. They weren’t prepared for a more adult and more realistic handling of emotions and character interactions. Yeah if you are stuck on the tone of Filmation then sure these characters would probably hug it out, have a cry, deliver some forced moral to the kids watching and go on with positivity and resolve. But that’s not remotely realistic and honestly doesn’t make for compelling storytelling.
    Last edited by Battle_Brak; July 27, 2021 at 02:07am.
    Check out my artwork: https://aarondoyle.artstation.com/

I'm a lurker of this site since 1999 when Adam Tyner was in charge, later formally became a part of the org in 2002, seen all the changes, the good and the bad about the 200x line, classics, and super7 ... I liked Revelation, I enjoyed the high stakes, I understand heartbreak, sadness and dispair, I was shocked that Adam revealed himself to be He-Man, almost uncomfortable, but it needed to happen in order for him to finally move on and outside of the shadows, Andra is not at all a love interest, if anything she shows Teela respect and admiration for her military skill. The retired champions are that Retired. It's a nice nod, but they're not needed in a story of growth for both Teela and Adam. Leave them be and stop complaining why they're not helping. Heros inability to help forge the sword and Andra taking over is nothing but a wink at how you cannot longer fix a car when it's a Tesla and you know nothing besides a gas engine. It's time to move on. Skeletor finally becoming the psychotic murderer we always knew he was, was a very nice way to finally see it realized on screen, He-man's cocky smile battling skeletor was an amazing display when it went away the moment Skeletor kills Moss man. This is a grown up series and I appreciate that it reflects my own life becoming an adult, paying a mortgage, stressful times, family members passing on, and not everything is always perfect and i don't always win either. The 80s he-man was meant for kids, this is a very good reflection of what happened when we grew up.

It truly amazes me how most of the more recently registered people here on the boards rely so much on the opinion of others to decide whether they should like or dislike something
    Growing up happens in a heartbeat. One day you're in diapers; the next day you're gone... But the memories of childhood stay with you for the long haul. I remember a place... a town... a house like a lot of other houses... A yard like a lot of other yards... On a street like a lot of other streets. And the thing is... After all these years, I still look back with wonder...

Did you forget that Adam just died to save the entire universe and instead of consoling his parents who just lost their only son, made it all about her Ö.. thatís not like you missing out on a threesome at all. Thatís a completely unlikeable narcissist that we are then forced to endure as the main protagonist for the majority of the next 4 episodes.

Heroic sculptor of toys Battle_Brak's Avatar
    Did you forget that Adam just died to save the entire universe and instead of consoling his parents who just lost their only son, made it all about her Ö.. thatís not like you missing out on a threesome at all. Thatís a completely unlikeable narcissist that we are then forced to endure as the main protagonist for the majority of the next 4 episodes.
    She was just ordered to forcibly remove her father and if she didnít he would be executed. How is it narcissistic the way she acted?
    Check out my artwork: https://aarondoyle.artstation.com/

Bang Your Head
    6 episodes of Revelation makes any 1 episode of the 200x series look like Citizen Kane.

I didn't care for this at all. Teelas character took a huge left turn from everything we've ever seen before. I'm also not a fan of killing characters off in MOTU.

Andra calling Teela "T"

The only thing I did like was that Trap Jaw and Tri-Klops are still buddies...

Heroic Warrior
    Yes, he died...in front of her eyes.
    Console the king? The same king that always put Adam down in public and now he finally cares.

"Don't know what you got (till it's gone)"

Cinderella

Leader of the Autobots Optimus Prime's Avatar
    Homeworld: Cybertron. the great Autobot city of Iacon
    I found this and giggled LOL

"Freedom is the right of all sentient beings, but freedom isn't free."
    http://www.myspace.com/tkd_trevor

Heroic Warrior
    I don't think the core issue here is that she did give up her life in the palace as a result of the shock. But there wasn't any emotional joureny that viewers could follow. We barely had any time with either character and then "boom". I am sure that some people, from personal experience, can fill in that gap and relate. But clearly, many could not and that again is "bad writing", i.e. if you manage to lose "half your audience" in the course of a few seconds. And this scene was incredibly important to set up a key premise of the entire show. Smith needed to take a bit more time with this to really bring everyone along and sympathise with the character of Teela. That said, the sense of "narcisism" and "self-centeredness" is a re-occuring theme with her, at least the way I understood her. So I guess it doesn't really matter that she came across as "controversial" in that scene as she did.
    Last edited by Lasastard; July 27, 2021 at 03:05am.

Quote Originally Posted by PowerSword83 View Post
    3 has the MOST Time Travel of both movies haha - are you watching the same movies? Technically, Marty is still in a time jump to start 3 being in 1955 and receiving the letter from Doc, then he travels back to 1885, only to finally get back to 1985.

I suppose BTTF II is the same, since it starts in the present, he goes to the future, the past and then instead of returning to the present he stays in 1955 to start 3.

I still can't believe BTTF 1 doesn't do it for you - it's literally a perfect film. The Silvestri soundtrack alone is worth the price of admission!

A newer time travel movie that was great and currently on Netflix is "See You Yesterday". "Synchronic" was a really clever one that is super recent. Also great was "Primer" and of course standard fare like "The Terminator", "The Time Machine" (book even better), Groundhog Day (more repeat time, but still same concepts), 12 Monkeys, Interstellar, Edge of Tomorrow, Frequency, Time Bandits, Bill & Ted, Planet of the Apes (original), I could go on. There are a TON of worth time travel movies worth watching, some are better for following time theory and physics better than others and some are more fun.
    Shows how long it's been since I watched it.
    The soundtrack is awesome.

Don't get me started on Bill & Ted.
    Terminator 1 and 2 are good movies if you ignore the whole time travel stuff.

- - - Updated - - -

AND what about Groundhog Day? Itís effectively a time travel story. If you say you donít like that, youíre going on ignore!
    Groundhog Day is good...at least what I recall of it, only seen it once years ago.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Heeeere's Olesker! View Post
    Primus is another planet. It's not Eternia. I covered this in a Vintage forum thread a long time ago.
    I wasn't aware of that. Seems a bit odd time travelling and going to another planet.

Quote Originally Posted by Mark M View Post

Groundhog Day is good...at least what I recall of it, only seen it once years ago.
    Jeepers! Barely watched the Clerks cartoon, only saw Groundhog Day once... what d'you DO all day, man, drink Guinness and peel potatoes?

I'm Irish, I can say it.

Next you're gonna tell me you weren't a fan of American Psycho.

On an unrelated note... I have to go return some video tapes.

Quote Originally Posted by Dynamo of Eternia View Post
    Parts 1 and 3 had the same amount of time travel.

Part 1: Marty goes back to 1955, then returns to 1985.

Part 3: Marty goes back to 1885, then returns to 1985.

It shows how much I have watched the movies.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by JohnnyC View Post
    Now Maaaaaaaaark..... Not liking time travel movies and saying that there aren't any good ones are 2 different things. Of course you can't know of any good ones if you don't like the premise of time travel, ya knucklehead.

(Just teasing ya!)

-Johnny C
    I don't like it becasue almost all the stuff I have seen has been pretty crap.

Heroic Warrior
    So Kevin Smith's commentary tracks are actually more 'adult' than Revelation is. Dropping F bombs all over the place